All-Star Superman confirmed for animated movie!

Bueno Excelente · 4208

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
on: July 27, 2010, 11:57:30 PM
This isn't DCAU, nor is it strictly comic book business. I think this pretty much deserves its own topic, due to how massive this thing is.

http://blog.newsarama.com/2010/07/27/all-star-superman-to-be-into-dc-animated-movie/

Yes, it will never be as good as the comic, but if they can capture even a TINY BIT of the magic... even a TINY LITTLE BIT... we'll have the greatest Superman movie of all time... or the greatest superhero movie of all time.

For all those who aren't familiar with the comic, All-Star Superman is pretty much the best (IMO, and quite popular opinion) Superman story ever written, and one of the best comic books around. It mixes the uberman myth with tales of gods and massive undertakings, and gives us a look at the human being. It's an absolutely amazing work, and the fact that it's actually getting a movie, rather than another Loeb piece of crap, makes me very, very happy.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 12:11:18 AM
Heh, I might merge it with the DCAU topic later, but for now I shall leave it cause the news of this makes me so incredibly happy!

If they capture the same magic of this book like they did New Frontier, I will be super happy.

I also can't wait to buy the Absolute of this comic as well!

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 05:52:49 AM
All-Star Superman is pretty much the best (IMO, and quite popular opinion) Superman story ever written, and one of the best comic books around. It mixes the uberman myth with tales of gods and massive undertakings, and gives us a look at the human being.

Don't forget the Silver Age whimsy and fun that when along with it. The Weisenger-era Superman is the one I got accquainted to as a kid.

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 12:33:38 PM
Don't forget the Silver Age whimsy and fun that when along with it. The Weisenger-era Superman is the one I got accquainted to as a kid.
Exactly. It manages to be fun. It manages to put him in situations he'd find himself in when the Silver Age was going on, but taking an amazing approach to it.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 03:50:09 AM
No Timm?

Lets see if this breaks the trend of "if there's no Timm, its not too great".
Although, can you really go wrong with a superman cartoon?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 05:17:49 AM
No Timm?

Lets see if this breaks the trend of "if there's no Timm, its not too great".
Although, can you really go wrong with a superman cartoon?
It's from the director of Green Lantern: First Flight and Wonder Woman. It'll be good.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 06:21:23 AM
I didnt see WW, but First flight was good.

Even if they made Boodika a bad lantern and gave Sinestro the Yellow Lantern Corps. suit as his Sinestro Corps suit. (just about my ONLY two gripes with FF really..) He also worked on Static Shock, didnt he?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 12:19:48 PM
I didnt see WW, but First flight was good.

Even if they made Boodika a bad lantern and gave Sinestro the Yellow Lantern Corps. suit as his Sinestro Corps suit. (just about my ONLY two gripes with FF really..) He also worked on Static Shock, didnt he?
It's supposed to be a movie COMPLETELY out of continuity, and give us a good Lantern story with alot of elements in one go. Saying uncanon events aren't good in that environment doesn't make sense.

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: September 24, 2010, 05:30:21 PM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zPv6DiA_eM[/youtube]

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: September 24, 2010, 07:15:30 PM
Looks good. Although I can already tell somethings were altered.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: September 24, 2010, 07:55:08 PM
Although I can already tell somethings were altered.
Are you surprised?
Also, I am a sad panda, because Lex's VA is not the same as the one from DCAU. : <

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: September 24, 2010, 08:04:32 PM
Of course not.

And Clancy Brown is a pretty much flawless Lex, no doubt about it.