Golden Sun DS

Pringer X · 4849

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
on: June 23, 2009, 07:46:12 AM
Ok, since a third Golden Sun game HAS been announced and shown, the immediate question for me (after I was done going "yay") is how they're going to handle the other two games in the series. What I mean is this: in GS2, you could import your character data and whatnot into the second game so that when you hit that point, you could get the characters and Djinn in the game just like you had them before and continue on your marry way. With a third game in the series on the DS, I figured they would have it so that if you had the second game in the GBA slot, you could do the same thing, as long as you beat the game (sort of like what they did with Pokemon on the DS, just have the character in a certain position and fulfill certain requirements and the data would be transferred from that point). This pretty much just assumed that they would do something like that (bringing over the data), but I saw that in the video, the game was being played on a DSi, which doesn't have a GBA slot. This begs the question: are they going to go ahead and have data transfer or not? If so, why would they show it on the DSi? That sort of implies that Nintendo is trying to do away with the DS Lite much like what they did with the DS before. Are they going to have it implement a virtual GBA system or something, and tweak it or so?

Or in short, have they just shown the game is there and said nothing else and I wasted my time typing up all that crap for no reason even for myself?

Offline Ephidiel

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 08:47:42 AM
maybe they include a bonus if you load a finished TLA save from the GBA slot but probably only like a special item you can get in game too.
since this game will feature the descendends i doubt any transfer save would be neccassary, especially character levels and djinns.

also to make this thread a bit better
the first artwork( i also posted it in the E3 thread)

Offline TAoR

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 04:36:48 PM
I still love that picture.

@Pringer X- We have no idea. There probably won't be any data transfer for Golden Sun DS. If only because the game takes place after the cast from the first two games are already dead.

Hmm, is anyone else wondering how long into the game it will be before Alex makes an appearance?

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 04:43:16 PM

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 07:09:28 PM
I still love that picture.

@Pringer X- We have no idea. There probably won't be any data transfer for Golden Sun DS. If only because the game takes place after the cast from the first two games are already dead.
Unconfirmed info is unconfirmed.

For all we know, these three could either be:

a) Isaac, Mia and Garet a little more grown up
b) The above's children
c) Descendant, as you say.

It's way too soon to speculate on story, aside from if that bastard Alex will be coming back.

Offline Ephidiel

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 07:12:59 PM
Unconfirmed info is unconfirmed.

For all we know, these three could either be:

a) Isaac, Mia and Garet a little more grown up
b) The above's children
c) Descendant, as you say.

It's way too soon to speculate on story, aside from if that bastard Alex will be coming back.
if you noticed its not possible to be a)
you cansee that from the artwork as the garet lookalike is using thunder instead of fire

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 23, 2009, 07:20:38 PM
I was thinking that too... but what if he's not using the element itself, but it's an elemental attribution from the weapon? Weapons had their own elementals to them from time to time.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: June 23, 2009, 08:51:59 PM
I just hope we get to kick Alex's ass this time.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: June 23, 2009, 08:54:26 PM
I have a hunch he won't show up in this one.

But I hope I'm wrong.

Offline Ephidiel

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: June 24, 2009, 06:22:53 AM
we will see if the game is again a 2 parter

Golden Sun 1
-Book 1 Broken Seal
-Book 2 The lost age
Golden Sun 2 DS
-it might be again a story with more than 1 book

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: June 24, 2009, 11:12:06 AM
Well, GS1 was 2 games because not everything could be fitted into one GBA cartridge...

I think.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #11 on: June 25, 2009, 10:14:19 PM
Correct! Also, the story takes place years after Golden Sun 1 & 2 (or, to be more precise, Book One and Book Two). So the characters are descendants of Isaac, Garet, and Mia. Data transfer may work, though I doubt it. The only possible online (and wireless) functionality I can think of would be a worldwide Battle Arena. Hopefully, they'll keep a sound test there just like before.

The summons, and graphics, look good and remain faithful to the GBA games. And the story is taking the best possible route (after all, Alchemy was revived at the end of Book Two). So they can reveal the results, good or bad, of that incident.

Questions I want answered:
-Did Weyard regain the ground it lost to Gaia Falls?
-Did Alex survive?
-Can anyone use Psynergy now?

So that's what I want to know. What I do know is that this will be awesome!

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Ephidiel

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: June 25, 2009, 10:35:40 PM
i guess there will be way more Adepts in this new Weyard.
depending how many years after Book 2 it will play it will be at least 18 years later Weyard might have grown quite a bit
and maybe we can go beyond Gaia Falls.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: June 25, 2009, 10:37:22 PM
Nobody knows what happened to Alex. He was dragged down with the mountain.

He might have started a new life and became Alex from Lunar the Silver Star Story

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: June 26, 2009, 12:07:40 AM
Nobody knows what happened to Alex. He was dragged down with the mountain.

He might have started a new life and became Alex from Lunar the Silver Star Story
Hey now, if he were to become anything in Lunar the Silver Star Story, it probably would be Ghaleon.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: June 26, 2009, 12:32:36 PM
Wait, what's this with Lunar Silver Star something or another? I took a look and wondered what the two series could share and while I do get some kind of connection (lunar= moon, like the opposite of the sun and silver being the common opposite of gold), I've never actually played the series (pretty much because I never saw the game ever), so what are these theories about now?

As for the whole descendant thing, that would actually help in eliminating the data transfer thing and it's quite possible the whole Djinn list could be completely redone in either sense of the definition (redone as in copy/pasted from the other two or redone as in completely different).

As far as the plot goes, my question is what the heck is going to happen to that one guy who sort of stole the spotlight from the second game as far as being a big-bad goes (the one that was the Water Adept's brother or something from the first game)? When they left off, he was talking with the giant floating eyeball and found out his xanatos gambit was known by floating eye-guy and he made his own xanatos gambit around the whole thing to prevent the guy from being the closest thing to god.

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: June 26, 2009, 01:10:59 PM
His name is Alex. We were JUST talking about him.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #17 on: June 26, 2009, 01:13:35 PM
Alex is a Mercury Adept and a Main Character.
Alex is an Adventurer and a Main Character.
One of them is playable. >v<

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: June 26, 2009, 02:54:24 PM
His name is Alex. We were JUST talking about him.

Oh. I thought the whole connection thingy was established some time ago and you guys were bringing it up again. I have this odd thing about me where I don't find out something 'epic' until so much time has past that no one cares about the subject matter anymore ><

Offline Ephidiel

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: July 08, 2009, 06:52:53 PM

Random Picture

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #20 on: July 09, 2009, 08:19:38 PM
Nice. Also, Pringer, Lunar and Golden Sun have NOTHING to do with each other. In fact, the Lunar series started way before Golden Sun.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Ephidiel

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: July 09, 2009, 09:54:14 PM
Nice. Also, Pringer, Lunar and Golden Sun have NOTHING to do with each other. In fact, the Lunar series started way before Golden Sun.

i think thats obvious to everyone who played at least one of the games

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: July 19, 2009, 11:07:44 PM
People.

It was a joke. Loosen up.

But I guess you alright noticed that.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: July 20, 2009, 07:52:32 PM
GOLDEN SUN DS!
Oh how long I've waited for a sequel.

I was watching the friggin' nintendo broadcast(and was bored to death by their casual faggotry, AND OF COURSE... Cammy), but then... SUDDENLY... GOLDEN SUN DS. I almost creamed my pants.

Oh yeah. I really want to know what happened to Alex, altough he was such a shitty character. He barely appeared, did nothing of any value and then got revealed as some sort of villain we didn't even got a chance to fight. LAAAME.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: July 20, 2009, 07:57:43 PM
That's exactly why he has to return in this title. So they can flesh him out.