The Kingdom Hearts Thread

VixyNyan · 390007

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #850 on: October 06, 2010, 08:53:31 PM
Do you mean "though" instead of "tough"?
I meant a different mistake. but it seems I overlooked the one you mentioned. I'm such a silly billy, tee hee. : P

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #851 on: October 06, 2010, 08:54:35 PM
Well your post was a bit hard to read like that... got confused until I realized that.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #852 on: October 06, 2010, 10:35:30 PM
Dohohohohoho.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6d-de9eDos
WARNING! SPOILERS, BITCHES!

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #853 on: October 06, 2010, 10:38:35 PM
Re:Coded coming January 1st in the US

Opening
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVxDJX4HV38[/youtube]

Dohohohohoho.

Was just about to post that. Screw you! XD

The last thing Yen Sid said... that would be an awesome setup for KH3D.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #854 on: October 06, 2010, 10:40:20 PM
Dohohohohoho.
Howq very convenient for Mr. Bald...some baddies set up some complex plots to be ressurected...he just has to be killed...twice to be ressurected. Points for creativity there :D

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #855 on: October 06, 2010, 10:48:10 PM
Wow... I think that just untangled some of the mess that the story for KH is. Because that... that actually makes sense.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #856 on: October 06, 2010, 11:34:53 PM
Birth by Sleep alone tied up alot of things.

I'm starting to think that some are overthinking alot of things in KH.  There is still a fair bit that is not that hard to follow.

Either way, that secret ending is indeed a very nice setup to KH3DS~

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #857 on: October 06, 2010, 11:43:25 PM
It is.

[spoiler=My Synopsis]
I have not played BBS (I wish I had, then I'd know more. CURSE MY NOT HAVING A PSP!)

Ahem.

As I see it, the first KH was simple. Kingdom Hearts was a door with great power, and Ansem wanted it. He used Riku to do so. Sora was the keyblade wielder so he had to stop the Heartless. He defeated Ansem and stopped him from devouring the Hearts of all worlds. Simple. The Heart is now freed.

KH:CoM added in the Organization. And also showed that Riku was also a keyblade wielder (I think), and his fight with darkness.

KHII added Nobodies, which are the captive shells of those lost, twisted by magic unless the one who lost the shell was powerful enough. Sora comes back, and defeats Xemnas, Xehanort's Nobody (much like Ansem was Xehanort's Heartless). Good, the body is now free. The freed body and heart can recombine.

Go back to BBS, from what I understand, and it fixes a lot of confusion. Such as how the hell the whole deal started. With Xehanort (actual Xehanort) appearing, and showing the genesis of the Organization (I think), and explaining things regarding Sora and Roxas (with Vanitas and Ventus). I could be wrong on this, as I haven't played it. But this is how I understand things.

That make sense?

Also, 358/2 Days was just a way to explain various events regarding Roxas to clear up some confusion. I still haven't beat that (save was erased at Day 250 or something) so I'm not sure about Xion, aside from what I've read in spoilers.
[/spoiler]

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #858 on: October 07, 2010, 12:09:18 AM
Damn, I really want to explain what BBS helps clear out, but since you haven't played it, I also don't want to spoil you the surprise of connecting things.  ):

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #859 on: October 07, 2010, 12:13:10 AM
Go ahead. I've spoiled myself on the secret ending of Re:Coded, of Xion (somewhat), and others, so go ahead.

And since I have no idea when I'll get a PSP to get it, I may never have that chance.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #860 on: October 19, 2010, 11:09:25 AM
I've ordered my copy of BBS.
Guys, please, tell me I can [tornado fang]ing change the voices to japanese, because I CAN'T [tornado fang]ing STAND ENGLISH AQUA!
Her voices is so horrible, that it just... ARRRGH!

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #861 on: October 19, 2010, 10:52:52 PM
As always, you can't.

I thought Terra's voice was awful at first, but after listening to Aqua's, i can honestly say his voice is now decent.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #862 on: October 20, 2010, 10:33:18 AM
As always, you can't.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHhhmfdkghksmkgmgskdsmgksdm

I thought Terra's voice was awful at first, but after listening to Aqua's, i can honestly say his voice is now decent.
Terra's not so bad... at least he can kinda do emotions if he wants to.
The [sonic slicer] who voices Aqua on the other hand...

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #863 on: December 24, 2010, 04:32:02 AM
More on Kingdom Hearts 3DS

Most worlds will be completely new.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #864 on: December 24, 2010, 04:54:25 AM
It says something about a few dozen soras raining from the sky.. Oh great, nomura is at it yet again. >.>

But new worlds must mean is a good thing.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Aresian

Reply #865 on: December 24, 2010, 11:19:22 AM
Oh you guys. There's nothing wrong with Aqua's voice. Terra matches his character just fine and Aqua just sounds "different" than what you probably "expect" from a female character like her. She's got a hint of accent to her, which is intriguing because I can't seem to place it no matter how much I try. She's got a myriad of different personality forms that are all expressed rather well, unlike the other two... given Terra is basically just "raeg" and Vent is just "silly" most of the time. *shrugs*

I don't think anyone in BBS had bad voice acting, honestly. Obviously none of you have faced bad dubbing. Spoiled brats.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #866 on: December 24, 2010, 01:21:51 PM
I don't think anyone in BBS had bad voice acting, honestly. Obviously none of you have faced bad dubbing. Spoiled brats.
COME AGAIN?!

Aresian

Reply #867 on: December 24, 2010, 01:30:11 PM
Whatever it was, it was blocked. Due to copyright laws.

Oh well.

Unless it tops CARDCAPTORS, which can't be topped, mind you... since it not only had BAD dubbing, but was missing a LARGE portion of episodes AND rearranged airing AND the entire style of the show was "changed" along with a number of alterations to the script to "westernize" it and a load of other bull and... *takes a deep breath* ... yeah. 8| Considering Card Captor Sakura was one of my favorite shows, it is a miserable existence to allow to exist.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #868 on: December 24, 2010, 01:42:15 PM
No, I can't say that i like Aqua's voice actor. She ended up sounding like some... tone-deaf surfer... i guess.
Leonard Nimoy's (final) role as Master Xehanort was amazing, and more than made up any of the voices roles which i didn't like.

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #869 on: December 24, 2010, 01:52:58 PM
Unless it tops CARDCAPTORS, which can't be topped, mind you... since it not only had BAD dubbing, but was missing a LARGE portion of episodes AND rearranged airing AND the entire style of the show was "changed" along with a number of alterations to the script to "westernize" it and a load of other bull and... *takes a deep breath* ... yeah. 8| Considering Card Captor Sakura was one of my favorite shows, it is a miserable existence to allow to exist.
It was an example of polish dub of MEGAMAN NT WARRIOR.
[tornado fang]ing copyright block.

Well, anyway... almost nothing is able to top Cardcaptors, as far as I know. But what I wanted to show you was still pretty bad. Those same people dubbed Shaman King and other anime from 4Kids for Jetix Poland (Now it's Disney X D tough).

If you want to see an example, put: Shaman King PL or something on youtube and hear it.

I still stand by my statement that the [sonic slicer] who voices Aqua is a crappy VA. Just because something isn't on the level of CARDCAPTORS, it doesn't mean it's not BAD. Keep that in mind.

Aresian

Reply #870 on: December 24, 2010, 02:07:48 PM
Then I guess I must be doing some serious drugs that you guys aren't.

Except I'm not. So I dunno. What's going on here? Do we all have a different level of quality that isn't on the same terms yet we're able to acknowledge pure suck?

I guess beyond pure suck, there's just levels of... acceptance and opinion. I like Aqua, my opinion is that her VA isn't shabby.

I... begrudgingly accept that you guys don't grasp this level of hearing I seem to have. But then... well. I did watch all of Cardcaptors. Twice.

Maybe my ears are dead. I dunno.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #871 on: December 24, 2010, 06:36:25 PM
To be honest here, the voice acting in BBS isn't bad if you ask me.

There could be much worse. I think it works.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #872 on: December 24, 2010, 09:32:53 PM
B-but I liked the voices. O^O

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #873 on: December 25, 2010, 05:22:59 AM
As did I, Vixy. As did I...

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #874 on: December 25, 2010, 09:15:47 AM
Same here.  Even though I tend to...pay attention to something else (such as overall tone in lines and such, and find connections, etc.).

I like BBS Voice work overall.  Hell, Corey Burton as Ansem the Wise is AN EXCELLENT replacement to Christopher Lee.  So I have nothing to fear on hearing such a sexy, deep voice lol.

Aqua's VA is not bad, certain lines could've been done slightly better, but they are far from when they do happen.  Terra's VA works for who Terra is, so I had no problem, same case w/ Ven.

My fav is perhaps Mark Hamill as Eraqus.  I still get mindblow'd that it's LITERALLY the Joker voicing Eraqus.  And he did [tornado fang]ing awesome.

(I also loved Jessica Martin's performance as Samus, *shrugs* lol)