Wilypocalypse NOW

Protoman Blues · 390342

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #7100 on: July 04, 2020, 05:26:48 AM
"Hmm guess we should head back to the Sex Station to meet these guys huh." Asch said as he got up.

"Yes we should, though I should warn you these individuals seem more than a bit unusual suffice to say." Borock-bot replied.

"Somehow I'm not surprised, then again I guess you need a little insanity to survive in this day and age." Asch sighed as he looked between Sakura, Fxeni and Kit.

"You may be right." Fxeni chuckled.  "Wish I could go with you guys but I need to stay here and take care of things."

?I?ll stay here too, much as it would be entertaining to see them I don?t want to scare them away~? Kit cackled.

"Yeah probably for the best unfortunately, but I'll let you know the status of the Sex Station and these new members when I can." Sakura shook her head as she untied her hair to cover her ears once again. "ADA where is everyone situated?"

"They are located in the hanger of the Sex Station." ADA responded.

"Okay let?s teleport over there then."  Sakura nodded.

"Yeah seems we won, though might be a pyrrhic victory I doubt Wily would send a counter offensive right away." Fugo said replying to Ammy while looking at Vieri and being amused by her apparent fear of ghosts with Zet looking at Vieri and Ruby with a confused mannerism.  "Oh man I can't wait for her to get acquainted with Sakura, even if she's probably not gonna be very accepting of her at first it's gonna be a [tornado fang]ing riot."

"Sakura is approaching the Sex Station." ADA announced.

"Speak of the devil and she shall appear." Fugo remarked as he looked to where the trio suddenly teleported "Welcome back guys."

"Good to be back, least the station seems to have not sustained any-WHAT THE HELL?!" Asch started before realizing he was looking at the business end of Vieri?s sword and put his hands up.  Borock-bot did the same though he didn't seem panicked while Sakura merely tilted her head to get a better look at Vieri's artificial arm as she didn't seem to draw Vieri's ire yet due to her short stature.

"Who art thee people?!  From whence have you come from and what manner of sorcery was that?!" Vieri demanded sounding absolutely hysterical as Fugo tried his damndest not to laugh at their predicament while everyone else looked at the situation almost completely dumbstruck except Haku who as usual was basically in her own little world.

"Uh I don?t know why you?re talking so funny but maybe pointing a sword at people isn't the best way to get questions answered?!" Asch replied in an exasperated manner only just noticing one of her arms was artificial and looked down to see the opposite leg was artificial as well.

"Keep thine eyes where they can be seen!" Vieri roared.

"Yes ma'am!" Asch nodded.

"I assume you are Ms. Vieri Galestrider yes?" Borock-bot stated trying to de-escalate the situation.

"What?!  How dost thou knowest mine name of which I have not spoken?! Art thee some kind of mind reader, first a possessed vessel and now a reader of minds?!" Vieri shrieked in panic keeping her sword trained at the group.

"I cannot read human minds actually, and even if I could I wouldn't do so as I would never wish to invade one's privacy." Borock-bot continued as Asch mentally pondered why he emphasized 'human minds' in his explanation while Sakura didn't speak a peep with her eyes trained on the arm and sword.

"Yeah I kind of sent Borock-bot some basic info about you guys, not too much but enough that they would know who guys are kind of." Fugo said with a smirk they couldn't see under his mask as he held up his phone.

"I doth not know what manner of device that is or what it is capable of but I did not give thee permission to tell them about myself!" Vieri yelled as she turned her head to look at Fugo while still keeping her sword pointed at the trio.

Sakura took this opportunity to casually relieve Vieri of her sword and unlatch the mechanism that held her arm in place to detach the it and walked away to a corner sitting down to observe her bounty.  Meanwhile Vieri froze in place in utter shock as to what had occurred trying to process how Sakura easily left her defenseless, though a rage was slowly building.

"Sakura....what the hell did you do?!? Asch cried as Zet came to Sakura's side while Ruby got a little closer now that she was able to look at Vieri's arm a little better while occasionally stealing some glances at Asch though he didn't notice it yet.  Sakura didn't answer as she continued to observe the objects in front of her.

"Literally disarmed her obviously." Fugo laughed.

"Uhhhh you said her name was Sakura right?" Ammy spoke up ?Leader of the Resistance, and my potential boss?  That's her?"

"Yup hell of a first impression she made right, man it's been a while since I?ve seen her act like that though." Fugo remarked.

"I mean I know Sakura has her quirks and all, but this is the strangest I've seen her act yet." Asch continued.  "Why did she do that though?"

"Her curiosity got the better of her." Borock-bot sighed "It's very rare but if Sakura sees something she deems unknown and/or interesting she immediately wants to look at it to determine what it is or how it works, though this is admittedly the first time I've seen her forgo proper manners. Perhaps she didn't see the point with Vieri?s hostile behavior so she killed 2 birds with one stone to make her observations and to not have a sword pointed at us."

"Yeah I remember her actually asking Niu and me to see our Ice Weapons when she saw them." Fugo nodded.  "But once something catches her eye she wants to learn as much about it as possible.  Though robots are an exception to that, she won't analyse them if they don't want to be analysed unless she needs to do like emergency repairs and maintenance"

"I guess that makes sense...." Asch nodded though obviously still weirded out "But why did her sword and arm catch her attention?"

"The sword seems to be of a somewhat non-standard design perhaps?" Borock-bot shrugged "As for the prosthetic arm...there seems to be a complex spell woven into it, one that I don't seem to recognize.  It seems to be a form of White Magic, but it's beyond my understanding."

"Hmmm I don?t think this arm is a form of Magi-Tech of any kind, maybe it's some kind of relic?" Sakura muttered "I've never seen or felt anything like this before."

"Zetto zet?" Zet asked her.

"It really is yeah." She nodded as she put the arm down and turned her attention to the sword "Maybe I should think of a way to upgrade you so you can sense Mana too someday, but this arm is definitely not an ordinary prosthetic."

She then proceeded to flick the blade with her fingers and put the sword to her ear to listen to the tone and vibrations.

"Hmmm this sword may be of an antiquated design but it's definitely well made and high quality, it should be sufficient to fight against Robot Masters with but I don't know how long it will last in the long run even with the proper care and maintenance." She continued.

Vieri finally snapped out of her reverie and made her way to where Sakura was with fury practically seething from her and Ruby getting out of her way.

"I didst not think I would find someone who was more savage in their ways than Ammy but wonders never cease." Vieri started "I doth not knowest who thee think you are but you will unhand my possessions and return them to me!"

Sakura looked up at Vieri and blinked a few times before the realization of the situation dawned on her.

"....Oh....uh whoops." Sakura replied sheepishly as she quickly stood up as shame started to come over her "I don't really know what came over me but it seems I accidentally crossed a line of some sort.  I'm deeply sorry for my behavior, your equipment greatly fascinated me but that's not an excuse for forgetting common decency.   I know you probably won't forgive me for what I've done, but I hope I can make up for this sometime."

Sakura bowed her head and held the objects up to Vieri for her to take back.  Zet mimicked his master by tilting his head to mimic a bow.

Meanwhile Asch noticed Ruby staring at him and looked at her a little confused.

"Uh....everything okay?" Asch asked her as he realized she was a robot....yet there was a familiarity about her that he couldn't place "You seem to be kind of interested in me for some reason, which I don't get considering the fiasco that just happened."

« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 06:34:35 AM by Sakura Leic »

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
  • Never "Great", just varying degrees of "OK".
    • View Profile
Reply #7101 on: July 04, 2020, 10:14:41 PM
Ruby discreetly scanned the guy in front of her once more just to be sure he was what she thought he was, and was about to reach out to him when Kai's presence on the Network erupted in a incoherent howl of fury so violent it had her whirling around to see where he was, only to find him rooted to the spot, staring at another of the new arrivals and looking absolutely terrified.

As soon as her eyes landed on him, the screaming in her head went completely silent and in the real world Kai was backing away from the group, looking thoroughly spooked and frantically patting at various parts of his body as if he were trying to make sure they were still there. When he realized she was staring at him he froze, slowly went back to standing completely still and offered her a watery smile. She narrowed her eyes at him and mouthed the word "Later" before turning back to the person who'd spoken to her before, a friendly grin on her face.

"Aheh.....sorry about that...uh, hi! Of course I'd be kinda interested in you, we're family, after all!"

My Twitch channel. Random streams during the week.
Currently streaming: Transformers: Devastation

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #7102 on: July 08, 2020, 08:36:31 AM
With an uncomfortable hiss of air, the seal on the prosthetic closed as Vieri reattached it. Steadily, she accepted the sword from Sakura and checked it over. With a twirl and a flourish, she sheathed it at her side. She backed away a few paces, and nodded shallowly. "For now I shalt accept thine apology. I asketh, however, that thee understandeth the gravity of thine actions." She knelt. "Thou must be the lord of this place. I am Knight-Captain Vieri Galestrider of Rino-Laska."

She spoke through grit teeth, her hands trembling.

Ammy cleared his throat, sensing the murderous aura in the air around her. "Y-You're Sakura, right? Fugo's told us a lot about you." He sidled up next to her and whispered. "You're gonna have to excuse her, you kinda just seriously offended the most explosive person in our group..." Clapping his hands together, he took a deep breath and made his way to Vieri, placing a hand on her shoulder. "Captain, this is the person that should be able to help with those things. It's only natural she'd have to examine them, right?"

"Ayeeeeeeeeee." Vieri growled as she stood back up. "For such an ill-mannered knave as he, Ammy, er..." She hugged her prosthetic arm close, glaring at Sakura.

"She means after we'd met I suggested we make some modifications to her prosthetics. Fugo said you'd be the one to go to. I'm uh, I'm Ammy, of no house nor country, by the way." He pat Vieri's shoulder a couple times. He cleared his throat. "As my acting commanding officer, Knight-Captain Vieri Galestrider formally requests that at her convenience, Sakura of the Sex Station should assist in this matter." He declared as officially as he was capable of sounding. "And also... Actually figuring out how to work with them in the first place."

Vieri lowered her hand to her sword again. "So long as thou wouldst ask mine permission first, next time."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #7103 on: July 12, 2020, 06:20:05 AM
Borock-bot also felt the wave of fear, anger, and hatred coming from Kai through the Network, though it was more intense for him since he could not only also feel and see the Fresca, but it seemed the reaction was directed at him.  To outside observers it would seem like Borock-bot stumbled and then fell on nothing but the truth was he was simply completely overwhelmed.  He pondered if he should even attempt to reach out to him via the network but as he looked up to him he found his Fresca had completely changed.  Before it was a combination of Smugness and unhealthy Ego that erupted into pure Hatred but now it was primarily Doubt, Justice and a bit of Wit. 

It was completely perplexing to him, it seemed like this person had 2 very different personalities  which while not impossible for a robot was highly unusual to say the least.  He then looked over to Sakura who also noticed the phenomenon with Kai's Fresca and had her eyes ever so slightly narrowed in suspicion of him while making sure to pay attention to Vieri and Ammy while they were discussing the need to request Sakura's help.  She looked to Borock-bot and merely gave a non verbal command to not take action against him until they knew more details which he nodded in compliance.  Borock-bot then looked over to Fugo and pointed to his head as an order to send over his full notes to him and Sakura which he did via an encrypted email to Sakura for her to read over and sending his findings directly to Borock-bot's head.

Asch remained oblivious to this since he not only had no experience with the Network or the ability to see Fresca but he was focused on the girl in front of him and the information she provided that shocked him to his core.

"F-family?!" Asch said in complete shock "You're one of my siblings?!"

Asch pondered this a bit while Ruby continued to smile at him.

"Guess this is what Borock-bot meant by not having too many preconceived notions and whatnot, not that I saw that text message anyway." Asch thought to himself before looking back to Ruby to speak to her again. "Well if Fugo trusts you I can at least assume you aren't here to kill us all or anything.  Guess I should introduce myself, my name is W2PB....or it was anyway.  Kinda really don?t like that name now so I go by Asch now.  So what's your name, and how did you end up joining us?"

"Oh dear....if that was the case now I feel even worse about what I did now." Sakura sighed.  "But anyway you are correct that I am indeed Sakura Blues, though I am not exactly the "lord" of this place as you have stated.  Hell if it wasn't for this damned war I probably wouldn't set foot in this place too often.  You may have heard this place is called the 'Sex Station', it is a massive station devoted to the enjoyment and pleasure of sexual acts....of which I have never partaken in and don't really understand the appeal to be honest.  Though it does have many other functions that serve many other purposes, of which is now primarily our main base of operations.

It was created by my Mentor Protoman Blues, but as you also may already know he is not present at this current time due to complicated circumstances.  I am merely his Apprentice, or Egoprentice as is my proper title more or less, but nonetheless until he returns I am the current acting Leader of the Resistance in his stead. 

But enough formalities, I assume if Fugo is recommending me it must be you want me to make your prosthetics into proper Magitech equipment.  I will gladly modify them for whatever purposes you wish provided that I don't have too many major priorities that need to be attended to, though obviously I would need to know what you wish you want to be done with them.

Also....I would like to know about this 'Rino-Laska' place of which you have come from.  In truth I have never heard of such a place, and your armaments seem both unfamiliar and antiquated, almost as if they have come from a period of time that has long since passed.  It's honestly perplexing yet fascinating."

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #7104 on: July 13, 2020, 08:26:21 PM
Ruby tilted her head quizzically, though the bright smile she wore never faltered.

"Asch, huh? I'm Ruby, pleased to meet you!"

After a moment's additional thought, she gave another half-shrug.

"Though I suppose if we're being all proper about it....-" - she cleared her throat and assumed a more professional looking stance - "-DW2-CB-RWBY001, Ruby Rose." She couldn't quite stifle a giggle as her demeanour slackened back to its' usual casual style. "As for how I ended up joining you......I don't really know myself?"

She stilled and ducked her head into her collar. "It seems like the Doctor abandoned me for some reason, and I woke up in a scrapyard when Kai found me. We'd been travelling together when we ran into Fugo and things just sort of happened." She let out a sigh of frustration and rubbed her forehead with a pair of fingers. "It's not been easy.....I still have this little voice in my head telling me that everyone here is an enemy and I should just.....you know.....but listening to it just doesn't seem like the right thing to do. It's not what I....what Ruby Rose should be doing, y'know?"

Shaking her head to chase away the nagging doubts, she lifted her head again and decided to address the other thing she'd been thinking about.

"Soooo....I've been trying to say "Hi" to you properly, but I can't find you. You gotta teach me how you're able to hide like that!"

Kai, meanwhile, had clamped down hard on his emotional responses after Ruby had questioned him and was now staring at one his hands with a blank look on his face.

"That one over there.....I fought him once....but....but that can't be right because it wasn't.....Whatever. Doesn't seem like he's hostile now.....doesn't seem like anyone here is hostile, really. Guess the best I can do is just roll with things until they start making sense again..."

Mind apparently made up, he made his way closer to the others, lingering awkwardly on the edge of the group.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #7105 on: July 14, 2020, 05:48:20 AM
"Pfft me proper? That's Borock-bot schtick not mine." Asch laughed.

"Well someone needs to exhibit proper etiquette in this society of debauchery, crudeness, chaos and lackadaisical approaches to all things." Borock-bot quipped while rolling his eyes and approaching the group, taking note that Kai also decided to do the same but judging by his body language Borock-bot decided to continue to leave him alone.  "But regardless, greetings I am Borock-bot."

"......So you do do that [parasitic bomb] on purpose!" Asch remarked.

"Yes to the slight annoyance of Ms. Sakura, Ms. Zeta, pretty much the entire student body of the Magic School I attended and everyone else I interact with." Borock-bot chuckled.

"Jeez all this time I was wondering if you were doing that because you could or if Sakura programmed you to be that way but I didn't know how to even begin to ask you about that." Asch said scratching his head.  "Well least I got my answer now."

"That you do." Borock-bot nodded "In truth Ms. Sakura does have a bit of a laissez-faire approach when it comes to AI development, I have asked her once about why and she simply said 'making a hard coded personality in something that is supposed to be sentient feels like I would be playing god, and that's the last thing I want to do.'"

"Huh...kind of interesting but you know I can respect that even if it seems like that kind of thing would give way to other kinds of problems." Asch pondered "But anyway I only introduced myself like that because I thought that might be a name you'd recognize, since I think I'm older than you. I think my full designation is like DW2N-FB028 Wily II Protoman Blues or something like that.  Asch is something Sakura came up with since I wanted a different name."

"I believe that is correct, I know you were in the database of previous creations that Mr. Borockman has fought but Ms. Ruby is not, I think it's because she's too new and hasn't done any significant field work." Borock-bot stated.

".....So that bastard just threw her away without giving her a chance to do much of anything." Asch growled "I was already never gonna forgive him for treating me like a tool plus that [parasitic bomb] he did to PB and getting all those people in St. Acidburg killed anyway, but this is a new kind of low."

He then turned back to Ruby and gave her a hug.

"Either way you got a home here now, and we'll help you with anything you need." Asch said gently "Also....what do you mean I'm hiding myself how can I do that if I'm standing right in front of you silly."

Borock-bot took this opportunity to contact Ruby via the Network.

"You'll have to excuse your older brother for his ignorance, but I don't believe he has much if any awareness of the Network." Borock-bot explained.

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #7106 on: July 21, 2020, 11:06:25 PM
To an outside observer, Ruby's reaction to Borock-bot's explanation would just be a slow blink. As it was, she accepted his presence on the network easily enough, maintaining a safe but respectful distance and sending a pulse of gratitude through to him for filling her in on things. Turning the information over in her head for a few seconds, she flashed Asch what she hoped was a reassuring smile.

"Well.....I'd explain what I mean but I'm not good at stuff like that, so.....sorry about this!"

With the apology out in the open, she scanned Asch again to make sure it was possible, then reached out a little further onto the Network. She found him easily enough, and very gingerly latched onto his defensive programs, offering them all the access they needed to be sure she wasn't a threat. Once she got the feeling it was safe, she wrapped a mental hand around where he was and pulled, forcibly dragging him into the public space that herself and Borock-bot currently occupied.

After a moment's extra thought she shot a general invitation towards Kai as well and was surprised not only by how eagerly he accepted it, but how different the feeling she got from him afterwards was. Previously, she'd gotten the impression that he'd been keeping her at arm's length the entire time they'd shared a connection with each other - she knew he was there but couldn't get a read on anything else from him - but now she not only knew where he was, but also that he was extremely confused, incredibly wary and very grateful to her for reaching out to him. She resolved to put a mental pin in all of that for the time being and turned her attention back to Asch, sending pulses of happiness and excitement along the connection she'd made. How he'd react, she had no idea, but she was intent on making sure he knew everything was alright.

Kai, for his part, accepted Ruby's invitation without a second thought only to immediately backpedal on the public Network when he realized who else was online, hanging around on the edge of things and making no attempts to contact any of the other individuals he sensed.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #7107 on: July 23, 2020, 06:37:23 AM
"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!" Asch yelled as he was suddenly dragged into a very unfamiliar place yet feeling all sorts of sensations that didn't seem to be his own...and it seemed very excited yet reassuring?

The area around him looked like nothing he had never seen before. It was very plain looking with a few platforms here and there, but the surrounding area didn't seem to have anything he would recognize as walls, it was green with numbers and in general looked digital. More alarmingly was he couldn't see Sakura or any other humans anywhere. Just Borock-bot, Ruby and who he assumed was Kai, who looked just as anxious as he was, though he got the feeling it was for different reasons.

"Well this certainly isn't the way I would have done it but admittedly shoving him into things head first does seem to be the methods that work best for him anyway." Borock-bot chuckled...which for some reason it was clear to Asch he was slightly annoyed yet even more highly amused than he was actually showing.

Asch went over to Borock-bot to grab his shoulders which while Borock-bot would normally find this awkward he understood that Asch needed to find some sort of bearings with his new surroundings.

"Okay.....okay I can touch things in here...." Asch sighed as he took a very deep breath to try to calm down. Ruby for her part decided to take her excitement down a notch so he wasn't as overwhelmed. Asch somehow picked up on this and looked back at her, he noticed it seemed it took a bit of effort for her to do that, he figured it might have been part of her personality or something but he was appreciative nonetheless that she was trying to help him feel welcome to....whatever this was. He was still very, very confused though so he looked at Borock-bot once again.

"Calmed down a bit?" Borock-bot asked.

"Yeah...yeah I think so." Asch replied as he finally let go of Borock-bot. "Okay....so....uh....where the absolute [tornado fang] are we?"

"Specifically we're in the public Wifi of the Sex Station." Borock-bot explained.

"Well I guess that explains why everything is so....digital....also....we're in the what now?!" Asch exclaimed as things seemed to go from 0 to 100 for him again.

"Exactly as I said." Borock-bot nodded. "Ms. Ruby brought you into the Public Wifi since I told her you basically never used the Network before."

"Uh...when did you tell her that, and what the heck is the 'Network'? Also what exactly do you mean she brought me here?" Asch asked trying to wrap his head around this experience.

"I told her this a few moments ago via the Network before she, I suppose you can say, 'spirited away' a major part of your consciousness, which we call the Core Program, to the Public Wifi so you can get used to how the Network works." Borock-bot continued. "As for the Network itself we're currently using it as another means to communicate with each other but it's far far more complex than that."

"Okay....I guess that explains why Sakura and the others aren't here too." Asch sighed. "Uh...I think I need to sit down while I take this all in."

"That sounds like a good idea, Ms. A.D.A can you provide us with a table and some chairs?" Borock-bot asked.

"Request acknowledged, generating digital onjects now." A.D.A stated.

"Wait a minute A.D.A's here too, and she can make [parasitic bomb] appear out of thin air here?!" Asch questioned as the table and chairs were generated.

"This Public Wifi Space is part of my jurisdiction so therefore I can alter the environment as is needed." A.D.A explained.

"Okay....makes sense." Asch nodded as he sat down in one of the chairs. "So I get that we can talk in this place....away from non robots I guess, and from what I understand from some context clues we can like send messages to each other....and for some reason we can feel each other's emotions too? God it's already so much to process and this is only the tip of the iceburg. If this is just getting my feet wet, I don't know how I'll keep my sanity when we really get into....whatever this is."

"I admit I am interested in what your reaction will be when we actually go into the metaphorical rabbit hole." Borock-bot replied as he also took a seat.

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #7108 on: July 23, 2020, 10:52:10 PM
Ruby joined the table too, and again sent another faint wave of reassurance towards her older brother.

"I wouldn't worry too much about the whole "Feeling emotions" thing. That level of access is a family thing, and it's really rude to force it on someone else or ask someone outside of your family to do it. The only time you'd ever get anything like it from a stranger is if they felt something really strongly....."

She trailed off as a thought struck her and shot another glance at Kai, still lurking around on the fringe of the public area, and she got the distinct impression his problem wasn't so much with Asch as Borock-bot, for all the questions that posed. She conjured herself a cup of milk for appearance's sake and sipped at it as she tried to think of anything else her sibling might need to know, inspiration striking a short moment later.

"Oh, right! Um....I don't mean this to insult you or anything, but you've gone a little vacant out in the real world......kinda cross-eyed actually, s'pretty funny......-" -she shook her head, now was not the time for teasing - "-....but, anyway.....I know you're kinda new to this, but if you practice enough you'll get really good at multi-tasking. I'm sitting here having this conversation with the both of you and watching......Sakura, was it?.....geeking out over Vieri's prosthetics IRL. Super useful, too! If there's anything that's connected to any sort of computer system there's usually a way for you to.....I guess poke your head in and take a look around? I think that's how Kai found me, actually. I think he hacked the stasis pod I'd been dropped in....."

She went quiet again and stared at her half-empty cup for a moment.

"It's rude of me to ask this, but since you're a newbie at this it's worth saying. Now that you know about this...-" - she swept a hand around the area - "- you should probably work on your mental defenses if you haven't already. This is the public area, but we all had to come from somewhere to get here and your head should be the safest you can make it. Trying to force access to someone else's Core Program is the biggest no-no there is, but if someone's strong or sneaky enough they can manage it..."

She thought back to her first meeting with Kai. Finding someone she'd never met, and that wasn't family either, poking around inside her head had been unsettling....but to fair her mind had been a mess at that point and to his credit he hadn't tried anything since she'd had a chance to sort everything. Draining her cup and dismissing it with a thought, she refocused on Asch.

"I'd be happy to lend a hand if you need help figuring that stuff out, or...-" - she glanced at Borock-bot - "-maybe you could ask someone else here to help, if you don't want me getting that close to things. I mean.....you're officially a member of the Resistance and I'm....I'm still technically an enemy, being a Wilybot and all....."

Having not been invited to the conversation (not that he'd have been likely to join anyway, he was still trying to shake the sense that one of the two new faces was dangerous for some reason), Kai wasn't privy to what was being said, and out in the real world he was struck by the sudden realization that he had no grounds for starting a conversation with anyone present, and started wondering exactly why he'd been ignoring his new allies since meeting them. Something wasn't adding up, and he had no idea what it was.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #7109 on: July 24, 2020, 12:33:35 PM
Ammy waved his hands over Asch as he suddenly went dark, then shrugged and rejoined the others.

"Aye, thine leader sounds an... Eccentric fellow. I shan't press the matter." She regards her weapon as Sakura mentions this. "Oh? This is naught but a plain old sword. Thine fascination with it is puzzling. One wouldst consider these more an oddity." She flexed her leg and stretched her prosthetic arm for emphasis.

"So, thing is those aren't... Exactly magitech as the rest of us understand it." Ammy interjected. "Not that I really understand magitech either but I digress. It's something else entirely, and like I said, the others thought you'd be the one best suited to work with it and make our swordswoman a little more ah-..." He tapped the gun holster at his side awkwardly. "Combat... Effective?"

"Pray tell, what doth thou mean by that?" Vieri growled. Ammy cleared his throat awkwardly. "H-Hey, Sakura asked you to tell us about your home. I've been wanting to hear about it too!"

Vieri scowled at Ammy, then sighed. "Very well. Rino-Laska is an isolated country, shrouded by an ancient spell to outsiders. My people hath been isolated since time immemorial. I knoweth little of our magic, for only the elders practice it. Twas one of their number that gave me these."

Ammy raised a finger. "From what she told me, every now and then they'd send out scouting parties to the rest of the world to collect materials for the elder mages, or something like that. Is that right, cap?"

Vieri nodded. "Twas kept from us, however, that we're to be killed upon return. I suppose we knew too much." She mused, a little wistfully. "One of the elder magi saved me. I owe him mine life and 'tis my duty to venture there once more to expose the evils of those ruling my country." Vieri cleared her throat. "'Tis all I've to say on the matter. We've more pressing concerns."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #7110 on: July 26, 2020, 12:29:26 AM
Sakura blinked for a few moments to try to digest what she just heard as it was a lot to take in.

"Um I'm sorry but I need to excuse myself for a bit, I need a bit of time to process what you just told me." Sakura said as she walked away from the duo and into a room far enough away from the normal human hearing range and proceeded to erupted in a string of swears that only the robots could hear.

Meanwhile in the Public Wifi.

"Oh....oh dear." Borock-bot said as he put down a cup of tea he generated for himself.

"What's up? Is something wrong in the real world?" Asch questioned as he was feeling a bit concerned.

"Well nothing particularly major really...it's just Ms. Vieri told Ms. Sakura about the situation of her home country and Ms. Sakura seems to have a bit of a strong reaction to it....which amounts to shouting a rather large number of colorful expletives, though she did have the state of mind to get a fair bit of distance away from a normal hearing range we can still hear it from here." Borock-bot sighed.

"Huh....so how many is she up to now?" Asch asked.

"About 57 and counting so far." Borock-stated.

"Nice...."Asch said as his eyes fell back onto the tea cup "So...can we actually taste things in here?"

"To be honest no, it's merely for habit and aesthetics sake." Borock-bot shook his head and took another sip of his imaginary tea to make the point.  "Why don't you try making something similar before we help you with your Mental Defenses, Ms. Ruby is right in that you really should work on those as a top priority."

"Yeah...I mean if Ruby was able to drag me here no problem I really should." Asch nodded as he tried the mental exercise that was suggested. 

In almost an instant Asch made a cup of Mango Lemonade appear and took a sip of it, when he finished he looked back at it with a bit of scrutiny.

"Well it's a good thing that was easy enough to do...but it's kind of pointless if you can?t actually taste it."

"Ms. Zeta has a similar opinion regarding that yes." Borock-bot stated "I find it more engaging for me since it's similar to how I form spells, but it?s understandable if you don?t find it interesting."

"Huh...so did you and Zeta do a lot of this Network stuff?" Asch asked.

"Not really Ms. Zeta is not very big on using it very often, particularly since the majority of her friends are not robots like us, and she does have a bit of a sense of a disconnect over using it like this, she vastly prefers having conversations between us outside of the Network.  But she did occasionally send some instant messages using this and we have helped each other update our rather elaborated mental defense systems from time to time." Borock-bot explained "While I don't have hang ups like that I admittedly haven't used it too much for similar reasons."

"Yeah, I can see her thinking like that to be honest." Asch nodded.  "Well I guess we should go set up my defenses in my head...however the hell that works.  Also Ruby....please don't think of yourself like that...I mean yeah some people here will understandably be wary of you but....from what I'm feeling from you right now everything you've been saying is 100% genuine so I have no reason not to trust you, especially since I know you just want to help and do what's right.  So of course I want your help and advice on how all this [parasitic bomb] is gonna work."

"I also echo Mr. Asch's sentiments, though I can't feel the full extent of your feelings like he can, I do have the ability to see what is known as Fresca, which allows me to see a person's strongest qualities and the most prominent thing I can see from you is a bright burning well of Justice so I too don't think you have any ill intentions.  Also while I was thinking of keeping mum about this due to knowing the full context of how those events transpired....I don't think anyone would think of you as an enemy if they heard how you punched Mr. boforte roughly 7 miles away from a location of great importance before realizing you guys were actually there or what that place was."  Borock-bot continued.

"Whoa that sounds amazing!" Asch exclaimed before pondering something "Also....crazy boforte ended up close to wherever you guys were when Sakura flicked him with her Gundam from however many lightyears we were from Websitia....I don't want her feeling bad about boforte potentially making things worse for you guys due to an honest to god coincidence....she was already beating herself up for him pretty much almost killing me due to something she forgot to put in my Gundam."

"Yes it's why I didn't want to report it right away, especially since he didn't do any major damage." Borock-bot nodded.

"Yeah maybe we'll tell her when she's in a better mood and state of mind." Asch agreed.  "Okay guys let?s get to work on my head...god that sounds really weird."

Sakura returned to Vieri and Ammy almost looking as if nothing had happened except her hair looked slightly messy. She took a deep breath and then started talking to them again as calmly as she could, though it was evident that there was a sharp edge in her tone.

"Okay....so I took the time to read an email that Fugo sent me that had more details than what was said.  Somehow it was worse than I thought, seems you left out that not only that those Magi jackasses, except the one that saved you, run a dictatorship pretending to be a utopia, but they get their "magic" from those machines.  While I can't know the full extent of the damage without studying those machines I can say that those machines will probably have long term consequences on the environment if we don't take care of it within our lifetime. 

However you are right, Wily is the more immediate and dangerous threat since he wants world conquest by any means necessary while the situation with Rino-Laska is much more isolated.  Not to mention without a proper plan it's possible we could make the situation in Rino-Laska worse or our efforts would be in vain.

The short of it is, when the time is right, I will help you liberate Rino-Laska and overthrow the Magi, regardless of any hesitations I may have due to....solely personal matters on my part.  Their practices are not only an insult to the progress society has made, and the advancements in Magi-Tech to have much less impact on the planet, but it's an insult to the very study of Magic in itself to use power they have not earned to oppress the very people they are supposed to protect.  As someone who tries to study technology of many forms and a practitioner of Magic myself I do not take such things lightly." 

To emphasize her point Sakura ignited her Z-Saber and imbued it with Holy Elemental Magic before bringing it to her side.  With that she took another deep breath and seemed to have calmed herself down a considerable degree.

"Now then Fugo also wrote about what you want done to your prosthetics, or at least the leg.  The modifications from what I believe to be a precursor to Magi-Tech to proper Magi-Tech is simple enough, however what may be difficult is getting the ignition going, particularly the trigger for it.  Since it's attached to your body the best solution would be for you to learn a degree of Mana Control so you can will to fly it with a mere instinct, in fact it might be possible you already are using Mana Control without realizing it to make your limbs move in the first place.  If that ends up not being possible we can simply use a simpler method than that button Ammy made by making it so it ignites by clapping your heels together or something.  Though if we go that route you won't have much control or influence in direction besides going straight.

Now another matter is your sword, the reason I was interested in it was because it's a similar design in construction of swords I've only seen in History books, which makes sense since Rino-Laska is in a sort of medieval stasis more or less.  I wanted to know if it would be effective against the type of foes we will be most commonly facing.  They will typically be robots of some kind, which the more powerful ones will be heavily armored than what you would be used to seeing from your training as a Knight Captain.  At the moment I think your blade may be sufficient enough, but there may be a time it might not be effective enough even with proper care and maintenance.  If that happens I can get you a replacement, luckily I happen to own what is basically a massive armory and I have a pretty good Blacksmith so we can even make you something more to your tastes if we don't have something you like."

She then looked to Ammy.

"Now on to you, the email says you have amnesia and there may be a hit you for some reason but it seems you have surprisingly good mechanical skills.  I wanna see that gun you designed, and that knife you had Fugo sharpen.  He said I might find that interesting too."

Fugo in the meantime when he wasn't observing Sakura's conversation with Vieri and Ammy was wondering why Asch seemed completely oblivious to the world and looked to Borock-bot.

"Sooooooo did Asch suddenly get a Blue Screen of Death like you did after finishing Transformer 3?" Fugo asked.

"No....and don't remind me of that awful movie." Borock-bot said with his eye twitching.  "It's simply that Ms. Ruby brought him into the Public Wifi via the Network but since he has no experience with it and was brought there more or less against his own will he's unaware of what's going on in the real world at the moment.  In fact we're about to help him set up his mental defenses right now."

"Right right that whole cyber space link interface thing I've heard about." Fugo nodded.  "Sooooo he's completely oblivious to everything?"

"Yes." Borock-bot replied.

"Welp....can't let an opportunity like this go to waste." Fugo said clapping is hands together and proceeded to drag Asch to a corner and sat him down.

"Um what are you intending to do Mr. Fugo?" Borock-bot asked as Fugo brought out a number of objects via Hammer Space magic.

"Pranking him of course." Fugo replied as he started to undo his ponytail.

"You do realize there's a good chance he might beat you within an inch of your life when he comes out of this right?" Borock-bot stated.

"Yeah but I'll take my chances, and I'm sure it'll be worth it.  Just make sure you guys don't breathe a word of this until he snaps out of it." Fugo said as he started to braid his hair into pigtails.

"Very well....it's your potential funeral." Borock-bot sighed.

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #7111 on: July 28, 2020, 10:49:20 PM
On the SexStation, Kai's eyebrows slowly rose as Sakura's diatribe went on and he couldn't help but be impressed by the depth of her vocabulary, though it didn't seem like any of the other organi.....humans....could hear it. When she returned to the group and mentioned wanting to inspect Ammy's weapons, he glanced down at the gauntlet Ruby had designed for him and frowned, twisting his wrist to examine it. It was his, but it didn't quite feel like it fit him, somehow.....

Lifting his eyes again, he made a snap decision and carefully made his way over to where Sakura was still conversing with Ammy and Vieri, making a pointed effort to walk around the area Borock-bot was occupying and thus missing the concerned look Ruby shot him as he did so, and politely cleared his throat to get their attention.

"I.....sorry for interrupting, but I couldn't help but overhear you asking to take a look at some weapons. If that's the case, my friend and I-" - he jerked his head towards Ruby - "-recently acquired some new ones ourselves. I can't speak for her, but would you mind taking a look at mine? Something about it feels.....off, somehow..."

He pulled the sleeve of his coat up to fully expose it for Sakura's benefit and gave a sheepish grin to the other two, rubbing the back of his neck with his other hand.

Meanwhile, on the Network, Ruby's concerned glance at Kai was mirrored in the real world, but he had his back to her, apparently focusing on something in his hands and it went unnoticed. Fortunately for the state of her conversation with Asch and Borock-bot it amounted to little more than a quick flick of the eyes over Asch's shoulder, and so she didn't miss any of their reassurances to her and had to duck her face into the collar of her jacket to try and hide the faint dusting of pink colouring her cheeks at their kindness, though she was well aware that Asch would probably pick up on at least some of her embarrassment, and the flicker of excitement when they mentioned Gundams. Desperate to try and divert the conversation away from her own issues for the time being, she quickly latched on to Asch's last statement.

"W-well, if you'd like me to help I'd be happy to, if I can."

Crossing her legs under the table she schooled her expression and adopted what she liked to call "Weiss Lecture Pose #3", arms folded across her chest with one hand raised and a finger pointing upwards for emphasis. A brief pang of sadness and loneliness passed through her at the memory of her absent teammate/sister, but she shook it off quickly enough to try and replicate the sort of explanation her fellow Copy-Bot would've given.

"Now, since you're still new to all of this I think I should cover some basics-" - she paused briefly to shoot an apologetic look to Borock-bot, who could probably explain all of this far better than she ever could, and continued - "-...When I said you should work on your mental defenses....they've always been there, ever since you first woke up. Probably." She shook her head. "Sorry, I'm assuming way too much about you. Anyway.....you know about the Network now, so you can access your personal Net as well, though everyone I know refers to it as their 'headspace' instead, and rebuild it as you like...-" - she trailed off at the blank look Asch was giving her, and refused to acknowledge the amused smile Borock-bot was currently wearing. Her shoulders slumped in defeat before another thought occurred to her.

"You know....I think maybe just showing you would work better. Sorry if this feels weird for anyone, and sorry about this, Miss A.D.A!"

Closing her eyes in concentration for a moment, she brought up all of her defensive systems and pushed a little more of herself onto the Network. Almost immediately the air changed, becoming slightly lighter and bearing the faint scent of roses, while in the distance behind her a path started snaking out from the park that was the public space to end at the gates of what looked like a massive school complex, and shadowy forms began flitting between the trees on the edges of the park.

Kai startled briefly at the sudden change of atmosphere, looking up from whatever it was he doing as his eyes flashed electric yellow for a moment before calming down as he recognized the change to the Network. With the mental equivalent of a shrug he went back to his business, keeping a wary eye on the treeline.

Ruby turned in her seat to make sure everything had worked okay, and tilted her head slightly at the sight of the Academy building that represented everything she was. Maybe it was just the additional presences on the public space but it looked...almost hazy in places, like it hadn't quite managed to fully manifest. Turning back to her tablemates, she grinned.

"There y'go, that's my headspace. If I let you through the gates you'd leave the Public space and end up in here-" - she poked herself in the forehead with a thumb to illustrate - "and be able to see everything about me, if you knew where to look. Anyway....mental defenses come in two forms-" - here she held up a finger - "-the first is Passive Defenses, which are supposed to keep out anyone you don't want poking around in your head. For me, that's the building over there. The entire place is mine, and even if you managed to get through the gates and doors and whatever without being kicked out, you'd still need to know where to look to find anything important, and the second-" - she held up another finger and one of the shadows in the trees detached itself and darted to the table, revealing itself to be a large, wolf-like creature with a white mask. Ruby reached out with her unoccupied hand to scritch between its' ears and it leant into the touch, panting happily like some sort of monstrous pet - "is Active Defenses, which are controlled directly by you when you're awake and by a set of instructions you can make for them when you're not. These babies-" - she swapped her scritching for patting and the wolf-thing let out a satisfied huff - "-work to attack and force out anyone who gets past your Passive Defense, and they'll show up if you wind up fighting someone else in Cyberspace."

She exhaled and blushed again. "I know that's a lot to take in all at once and I'm not really good at explaining things properly....Um....any questions?"

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #7112 on: July 31, 2020, 06:29:47 PM
"Yeah I think I just got one?..why do your active defenses look so terrifying?!" Asch shouted.

"I believe those are a type of Grimm known as Beowolf that are native to a planet known as Remnant." Borock-bot explained.

".....What?" Asch questioned with an eyebrow raised looking at Borock-bot.

"Ms. Ruby is a copy bot of Ms. Ruby Rose, a well known Huntress from the planet Remnant, and the planet is infested with creatures known as Grimm which are attracted to feelings of negativity.  That is a type of Grimm known as a Beowolf." Borock-bot elaborated slightly.

"And you know this how?" Asch continued as he recalled his sister also referring to her before.

"There's a documentary about the Planet Remnant that details Ms. Ruby Rose and her companions exploits." Borock-bot explained. "In fact Ms. Sakura has been interested in the types of weapons made in Remnant, and she has said that their weaponry has been a partial inspiration  to make Ms. Zeta's Dual Gale."

"Jeez they gotta have some crazy armaments for Sakura to come up with a Naginata that shifts into a freaking War Hammer."  Asch said while scratching his head.  "Kind of wish she was here....I haven't known her for too long, but I honestly miss her."

"You rang Aschy?" A familiar voice said suddenly.

"What the hell Zeta you're back already?!" Asch yelled for what he felt had have been the tenth time in the Network.

"Yes....but not really!" 'Zeta' said "I'm actually one of BB's Active Defenses, like an AI more or less."

"Course AI Zeta is a tease too." Asch sighed. "God you really had me there."

"Well she is based on my memories of Zeta so she does act remarkably like her." Borock-bot chuckled as Asch looked back to see Borock-bot's head space, like Ruby's it looked remarkably like a school building of sorts.

"Yeah I'm like more of an extension of BB than the real deal. But before I go on mind if I have that Mango Lemonade if you're not gonna finish it?" Asch nodded and AI Zeta swiped the glass and took a swig of it "Anyway I act like the 'real' Zeta because that's how BB made me, but for AI you can also change the parameters a little so they aren't exactly like the real deal if that creeps you out or something.  Like there's an AI Saki in his head space too, but she's not really as broody as the real Saki can get, she's more 'refined and composed' and there's an AI Saki in Zeta's head space too, obviously, but she's more 'perky'."

"Huh guess you would simplify AI Sakura?s personality compared to the real one?.she's really complex." Asch mused.

"Indeed she is." Borock-bot nodded as he continued to sip his 'tea'. "Though these AI constructs are just a sampling of my defenses."

"Oh yeah no BB's head is [tornado fang]ing nuts if you [acid burst] it off." AI Zeta continued "You know how that Ruby kid was mentioning Passive Defenses being meant to keep people out?  Sometimes what you think would be a Passive Defense can act like an Active Defense. 

Like if you end up in the Magic Library in his head?  The bookcases can trap you to impede your progress or out right smash you, the books will start flying off the shelves and swarm you with teeth that suddenly appear and then the Manga starts spewing their contents so you suddenly have to deal with stupid strong manga characters and weaponry. 

Same thing with the Game Room, Video Game Characters start coming out of the TV while the controllers ensnare you and the consoles start chucking CDs and cartridges at you.

End up in the Survival Shack part of that place and you end up in AI Saki's domain.  Not only do you have to deal with someone with insane sword skills, but she also can like magically hurl the weapons at you, make animated pieces of armor so you have to deal with ghost knights and ghost marines and unlike the real Saki she will liberally use Spells against you since the real one can do that but chooses not to.

There's also a kitchen in there that will make the oven and stove spew fire, the dish washer and tables start hurling plates at you, there's One Hell of an AI Butler in there that will start throwing silverware at you and come at you at close range with even more silverware and the pots will come bang on your head while firing projectile soup.

End up in a classroom and you got an entire classroom of student mages firing spells at you and the top student uses you for target practice with a Magic Bow and Arrow. 

And finally my domain, the Sewing Room.  The Sewing Machine and Spinning Wheel will spin endless tapestry to tie you up as a crap ton of needles of all shape and sizes make you into a pin cushion while I have fun with you. 

So in short, don't [tornado fang] with BB's head or BB's head will [tornado fang] you up."

Asch blinked a few times after AI Zeta finished her explanation and then gave Borock-bot a bit of hard look.

"Borock-bot....why is your head so [tornado fang]ing messed up?" Asch asked bluntly.

"Well for starters when it comes to security Ms. Sakura always feels its best to go overboard and go for overkill, if it's worth doing it's worth overdoing it suffice to say so I take that to heart so to speak." Borock-bot explained.  "Also though neither of you can see Fresca you should know that the Fresca I mostly exhibit is Creativity so it would be understandable that my defenses would be a little more 'out there'."

"I don't think 'out there' does that onslaught justice." Asch said incredulously.

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #7113 on: August 01, 2020, 12:01:13 AM
Ruby's air of cheeriness seemed to grow increasingly forced as Borock-bot explained her origin to Asch, and her presence on the network trembled slightly as she looked down at the Beowolf she was petting, though an amused grin split her face as Borock-bot explained his mental defences. Once he was finished and Asch voiced his opinion, she coughed to get their attention.

"He's not wrong. This is a Beowolf, alright, and there's plenty more nasty surprises hidden away for anyone who tries to go where I don't want them."

She lifted her hands back to the table and stared at them with a thoughtful frown as the Beowolf ambled back into the treeline behind her.

"Still.....it's.....weird....to know there's another me, a real me....somewhere else out there.....I wonder....."

Almost as if realizing she still had company, she shook herself and lifted her eyes back to Borock-bot and Asch, clamping down on her end of her connection to her brother so he wouldn't pick up on the tremors of doubt and uncertainty still lingering.

"Anyway, I think the thing you need to know is that whatever you decide to do with your headspace only has to make sense to you. The only rule is that, as far as it goes, the rules are whatever you decide they are. I...didn't really have to think about what I was doing when I built mine.....it was kind of already there anyway, and I had my sisters and the Doctor to walk me through it and test the changes I made. Since you're so new to all this....."

She trailed off, not entirely sure how to suggest he make a start.

From his position on the Public Area, Kai observed the appearance of Borock-bot's headspace with interest until a sudden unexplained wave of white-hot anger surged through him and his presence on the network pulsed violently. In the end he was forced to disconnect entirely before he completely drew the attention of the others present, and in the real world he grit his teeth to stifle a gasp, resisting the urge to clutch his head as the headache from earlier returned. Half-panicked by the sudden change, he offlined all of his emotional programming immediately and hoped that he'd managed to keep his expression neutral enough that no-one noticed the change.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #7114 on: August 10, 2020, 10:50:56 AM
Ammy awkwardly looked at the holster at his hip. "Y-Yeah sure, I can-" He unholstered it and passed it off to Sakura. "It's nothing special, just a kind of plain old buster pistol that the fabricator shat out for me..." He rubbed the back of his head. "Just needed something more than a knife is- Never mind. Don't worry about that old thing." He gestured to Vieri. "She's the one that matters. You and I actually had almost the same idea."

Vieri clapped Ammy on the shoulder. "Thou art right. Mana control is how I move mine limbs. Ammy spaketh something about... Magic-tech?"

"Magitech." Ammy corrected. "That's why we needed you, Sakura. This isn't really my cup of tea, I suppose. I did the mechanical stuff but I figured you'd be able to figure out exactly how the prosthetics tick and how Vieri can sorta... Bridge the gap between the explodey bits and her leg without needing any kind of trigger."

Vieri unsheathed her sword in turn. "I've no sentimental attraction to this blade. 'Tis a tool. If thou hath a suitable replacement I wouldst pay it no mind if thee were to dispose of it afterward." She briefly regarded it, and handed it off to Sakura, only to have Ammy intercept and snatch it from her hands.

"Nope. Noooope. What is wrong with you? You're a knight. How lame would it be if you ran around with an energy sword like everyone else around here? No, no no. As a weapons nerd I cannot accept this."

Vieri tilted her head, bewildered. "What in the hells art thou-"

Ammy tapped the blade on the floor a couple times. "Sakura, do you think we could reinforce this somehow? It just feels wrong for us to throw away her favorite sword like this. I mean, she points it at everyone."

"...Art thou being passive aggressive with me?"

"I developed an attachment." Ammy responded bluntly. "So I'm thinking we can probably reinforce the blade with a stronger metal than plain old medieval steel, maybe plant a saber igniter along the blade and have it conduct the energy... Y'know. Just keep the fantasy angle intact."

Vieri facepalmed. "Thou truly art an idiot."

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #7115 on: August 11, 2020, 01:46:32 PM
Meanwhile, on a transport heading towards the Wily Star II, Reaper's tinkering away at the Crossbone Gundam to keep himself occupied. A Wily II soldier watches over him, mainly to make sure that he wasn't up to something. The soldier gripped his gun, uneasy that he was alone supervising this man that could probably crush him at any moment's notice. Why did Wily II decide to trust this relatively unknown stranger? He clearly has a hatred of the Resistance, but he seems somewhat unstable as well. It doesn't help that he's piloting a Gundam of all things. The soldier gripped his gun even harder as his concerns rose. Reaper lets out a sigh.

"Look, I don't mind you watching me work, but try to keep a lid on the bloodthirst, would ya? It's very distracting, and I'm tempted to make it stop... by any means necessary," Reaper said, slowly turning his head back to look at the soldier. The soldier gulps and backs away slowly, gripping his gun harder still. Reaper sighs, getting up and turning to face the soldier. "Would you feel better if I told you what I was doing, so you can report it properly?"

"I... yes," the soldier stammered, clearly still on edge.

"Since the Resistance is bound to attack the Wily Star II, I'm prepping the Crossbone here to fit within an armed base. That way I won't run out of ammunition like I did during the assault on the SexStation," Reaper answered, pointing his thumb backwards towards the Gundam.

"An armed base? We don't have anything like that ready at the Wily Star II," the soldier replied, his attitude shifting from nervous to disbelieving. "Where do you plan on getting one of those?"

"Like the Crossbone, I'm going to make it," Reaper answered, pulling out a blueprint he had drafted before he started work on the Crossbone; a heavily modified version of the Dendrobium. "I prepared this just in case I would need it. There's a lot more... unknowns... than I would like, although I'm glad to be rid of the bunny clone; she was one of the worst to deal with last time."

"... Last time?" the soldier asked, confused as to what he meant.

"I've told you what I'm doing. That should be good enough, yes?" Reapers interrupts, deflecting the question.

"I... well, I guess so," the soldier replies, more at ease than before. He was now curious to know more, but he figured that it was in his best interest to back off.

"Good; now stay out of my way as I work," Reaper growled as he turned back around and continued his work on the Crossbone.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #7116 on: August 24, 2020, 03:55:59 AM
Sakura blinked a few times before she giggled a bit at Ammy's antics.

"Well strange attachments and aesthetic preferences aside Ammy is actually right, you don't have to have an energy weapon like mine to be effective against our enemies, I was more concerned about the type of metal your sword was made with than what kind of sword it was.

When you guys came here you may have noticed the Sex Station has a sword stabbed in the middle of it.  That's actually PB's weapon, the Sword of the Omens. Besides some magic I also don't recognize it's just an ordinary sword, in fact the reason he doesn't use any other weapon, besides his Proto Shield, is because he's a huge fan of the Thunder Cats.  Though it is broken now, which I guess may have been inevitable, I've only known him for 5 years, but he's definitely had that sword for much longer than that.....

In fact believe it or not I think me and Fxeni, another high ranking officer at the station I was visiting before I came back here, are the only ones to use full on energy blades.  Well his is an all in one Staff, Beam Spear and Beam Scythe weapon, but that's not the point. That being said....admittedly I've always wanted to make a sword like that so if you want I could totally make that." 

Sakura then went up to Vieri and whispered to her.

"Also just between you and me in order actually make it do that I need to make a new shaft to put in a small energy generator to power the energy blade along with the igniter so I might as well just make a "new" sword anyway, I'll just have my Blacksmith melt the blade to make a new one and I'll make a similar looking shaft for it, I doubt Ammy would be able to tell the difference."

Sakura then took a look at the gun and deposited the energy cartridge and then looked the gun over in detail.  As she was doing this Kai's Fresca flared up again with that different personality, she made it look like she didn't notice anything off but she was getting concerned about what exactly his deal was, she'd have to ask Borock-bot for details later.

"Well fabricator made or no, it's clear you know what you're doing when it comes to mechanical engineering. This Buster Gun seems up to par with the standard ones we keep in stock save for the fact it looks like a USP.  That being said I think I can make it a bit more versatile, these energy cartridges are easy to make so I can make about 7 more of these and permanently enchant them with Elemental Magic like I typically do with my Saber, well except the ones I use in battle are not permanent.  Then we can give you a bandolier to store them and you'll end up with a modern version of a Caster Gun without having to search the galaxy for hard to find and expensive shells.  Who knows maybe we can make other cartridges to modify the shots somehow too. 

Also I was thinking.....I think you may be a little over qualified to be just a Survival Shack Clerk.  I think I wanna hire you as a Maintenance, Engineering and Custom Equipment Assistant instead.  To be honest with St. Acidburg the way it is, you wouldn't get a lot of work over there if I just hired you as a clerk for the Eastern Branch Survival Shack.  I think right now you would be more suited to help me here with anything that doesn't have anything to do with Magitech and Robotics. 

I mean I have a pretty good handle on general engineering, but I do better with smaller projects.  I recently made an oversight regarding the defensive capabilities with one of the Gundams I modified....and well it was almost fatal because I underestimated what our enemies were capable of and now 2 Gundams are in need of extensive repairs.  I'm glad my comrades didn't die but that wouldn't have happened if I didn't make that mistake. 

I don't like making Gundams....I can't see them as anything other than war machines that only bring needless death and destruction....but they're a necessary evil here.  I need someone to look over my work and make suggestions since Fxeni isn't on the main base and PB is MIA....plus without getting too into it to be honest I'm not really that comfortable talking to the engineers here about something like that....

I know I'm asking a lot but um please think it over while I look at....um.....it's Kai right?"

"That's right." Kai nodded.

"Right I'm gonna look over his weapon now." Sakura nodded as she tried to shake off her doubts. "Can you take off the gauntlet and give it to me?"

Kai did as he was told and gave it to Sakura to observe.  She then casted a Libra spell on it to understand what it actually was and put it on.

"Hmm I think I want to give this a spin so I can give a thorough assessment of it, guess we should go to a Holodeck training room." Sakura stated as she started leading the trio to one of the training rooms.

Just as Borock-bot was feeling remorse for causing Ruby to feel discomfort about herself he sensed Kai's Fresca erupting again in the real world.  When it subsided he looked back behind him and found Kai was gone. 

Asch who was also concerned about the notable shift in Ruby's mood, especially after he noticed she suddenly cut off the emotional feedback connection between them, suddenly noticed Borock-bot looking behind him and that Kai was gone.

"Yo everything okay Borock-bot?" Asch questioned.

"Yes....yes everything is fine." Borock-bot replied as he turned his attention back to the situation at hand.

Asch knew that was utter bullshit, but he also knew now was not the time to call him out on it and changed the subject.

"Okay I think I mostly adjusted to this....weirdness so far now, so how do I go to my head?" Asch asked.

"Well the easiest way I found to get started is to visualize a path from you to a place you are intimately familiar with, somewhere you know like the back of your hand." Borock-bot explained. 

"Somewhere I know like the back of my hand huh....well I know a place....not that I like it but it's the best I got." Asch sighed as he tried to visualize it.

As Asch concentrated a path formed from behind him leading to a big metal gate.  Beyond the gate the path continued leading to one of Wily's elaborate Skull Fortresses from past uprisings.

"Okay did it work?" Asch asked.

"Yes...but maybe perhaps too well." Borock-bot replied

"What do you mean....?" Asch questioned as he realized something didn't feel right either but couldn't put his finger on it.

"Well look at your hands....." Borock-bot said.

Asch did as he was told and looked down to see big bulky red hands.

".....For fucks sake." Asch face palmed though it was kind of awkward because he also felt his old helmet.

"I guess when you were pulling data from your memories it pulled out your old armor as well."  Borock-bot chuckled.

"Well this stupid thing should stay buried in my memories, how do I get it off?" Asch groaned.

"Just imagine your current appearance and it'll update itself." Borock-bot replied.

"It better...." Asch grumbled as he tried to concentrate on altering appearance.

He flickered for a bit before his appearance returned to how it was before.  He looked at his hands to make sure it worked and sighed in relief.

"Thank goodness and good riddance." Asch stated.

"You know if Mr. PB heard that he would think you were speaking blasphemy." Borock-bot chuckled.

"Like I give a damn about his opinions about how I should look." Asch snorted.  "Speaking of things I don't like....I can change how my Head Space looks now that I manifested it right?"

"Yes you can." Borock-bot nodded.

"So....can I blow it up while I'm at it?"  Asch continued.

"It would be unnecessary but I suppose you can." Borock-bot replied.

"Cool." Asch said as he tried to execute the commands he wanted.

Suddenly the fortress began to gradually explode until there was nothing left.

"Okay I feel a lot better now." Asch declared.

"Well that was a bit much but I'm glad you're getting the hang of this, so what are you going to put in its place?" Borock-bot asked.

"I think I have an idea...." Asch said as he tried to make his thoughts a reality so to speak.

In the place of the now non existent Wily Fortress suddenly came a moderately sized Dojo. 

"Okay now we're talking." Asch smiled.

"It does seem to suit you." Borock-bot replied.

"I may change it later, but I think it's a good start." Asch nodded.

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #7117 on: September 01, 2020, 01:36:31 AM
Ruby stared at the....Dojo?.....with an expression that seemed to be half amazed curiosity and half "It was so obvious goddamn it!" and flashed her brother a genuinely bright smile.

"It looks good to me!"

She cast a glance back at Academy that represented her own mind, tilted her head thoughtfully and reined her presence on the Network back, watching the structure fade with an odd glint in her eyes, the air losing the scent of roses as it did so.

""I can change how it looks", huh?"

She continued to gnaw on that thought as she turned her attention back to the others.

"Sorry, I just thought it'd be easier for you to concentrate if I wasn't.....taking up extra space, I guess? Eheh...."

Kai followed Sakura and the others in silence, his expression almost entirely blank save for a slight grimace of pain as his headache slowly subsided.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #7118 on: September 10, 2020, 11:35:14 AM
Ammy and Vieri locked eyes, and the Knight-Captain nodded at him. "...'Tis a fine opportunity for thee."

Ammy bit his lip, before silently mouthing an 'oh!' and returning the sword to Vieri. "Sorry. Got ahead of myself." He seemed far away to Vieri for a moment, like his mind was elsewhere.

"This is... A lot to take in at once, Cap." He suddenly muttered to her, low enough that the others couldn't hear as they walked. "Few months ago I just..." He ran his fingers through his hair. "I don't know. I had no purpose and suddenly, over the past, what... Day or so, I'm suddenly up in space? Being offered a job as important as this and just... Having all this handed to me."

Vieri cleared her throat. "Aye, that may be, but in saying, haven't thou proven a resourceful sort? Thee hath survived this long on thine own with no memory and no allies and yet in such short a time hath proven thineself several times over." She crossed her arms. "Daft as thou may be sometimes, thou art a brilliant sort and may serve a great boon to their cause." She gestured to Sakura.

Ammy chuckled half-heartedly. "Sure. Let's just see where this goes, I guess."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #7119 on: September 11, 2020, 11:56:36 PM
"I should probably do the same actually." Borock-bot stated as he also made his head space disappear.

"Okay so I guess now I go in and work on the Defenses right?" Asch said as he got up.

"Yes if you want to do that by yourself we can just wait out here." Borock-bot stated.

"Nah you guys come with me, this is still new territory for me." Asch shook his head.

"Very well." Borock-bot nodded as he and Ruby followed Asch to his Head Space.

They went inside the Dojo which was already fully furnished.

"Okay I have some ideas but what kind of essentials should I have?" Asch asked.

"Some kind of object that you can edit to who you deem safe to step on the grounds of your head space, we need you here to actually come in your head space but we can stay near the grounds of your head space if you give us permission, especially if we want to talk to you privately in a place you?re comfortable in.? Borock-bot replied.

"I mean I feel I would be more comfortable in my quarters to talk than here but it wouldn?t hurt for protection's sake." Asch nodded.

Asch concentrated and made a small pedestal with a book and pen.  He wrote down 3 names in the book, Borock-bot, Ruby and Zeta.  He didn't know if the other bots he knew used the Network besides Kai and as for Kai himself he didn't know what to make of him.  Borock-bot seemed a bit suspicious of him, which he will ask about later, while Kai himself seemed jumpy and nervous in general.  He'd wait til he got the full picture before he decided on how Kai should be approached.

"Kay that should do for now." Asch stated. "What's next?"

"Perhaps working on making your environment defend itself." Borock-bot suggested.

"Right....think I have some ideas for that." Asch pondered "I think I remembered reading something about ninja houses so maybe some traps."

Asch concentrated once again and the floor began to shift making trap doors some just having bottomless pits while others had spikes at the bottom and sections of the walls becoming spiked plates that can smash unwanted visitors.

"Guess I should think about some weapon systems too while I'm at it." Asch mused.

He then made the training dummies produce machine guns and making the mounted weapons able to attack intruders with semi sentience.

Asch however frowned a little seemingly unsatisfied.

"This doesn't feel enough." Asch grumbled. "But I don't have a lot of other ideas."

"You can always come back to it later, and what you've done now is pretty formidable." Borock-bot said, trying to reassure him.  "Plus you've had a long day, and you're completely new to this, so if you're having trouble thinking of complex defenses it's understandable."

"You're right....but I still hate feeling I'm just half assing it." Asch sighed.

"Well why don't you start making your AIs?" Borock-bot suggested. 

"Yeah I think I'll have a better go at that." Asch nodded.

Asch closed his eyes again in concentration as he tried making his first AI creation.  In front of him a being started to digitally materialize til the process was complete.  In front of him stood a digital re-creation of Sakura in her standard armor.

"Greetings." AI Sakura stated in complete monotone.

"Hey." Asch greeted back "So you're supposed to protect and maintain my head right?"

"That is correct." AI Sakura nodded.

"Cool." Asch said.

"Not surprised she was the first one you made, though I'm curious why you didn't seem to have set a personality in her." Borock-bot commented.

"Yeah seems kind of weird for me but I got 2 very good reasons for that." Asch started "First considering how I feel about her I don't think it's a good idea for her to have her act exactly like Sakura, that honestly doesn't sound healthy to me.  The other reason is....I don't think I really have a good grasp of what Sakura is actually like yet.  I thought I did the first few days, but after PB disappeared I realized I hardly understood her at all."

"To be fair you can't expect to understand someone within a couple days regardless." Borock-bot stated.

"Yeah...I get that now." Asch nodded.  "Zeta gave me a bit of an earful regarding that after Vixy pissed me off, and a well deserved [sonic slicer] slap."

"That explains why you didn't talk much before we went back to the Sex Station." Borock-bot replied.

"Yup...." Asch sighed before changing the subject away from his disagreements with Vixy "Anyway I think this is the best I can do for now, I do want to make a few more AIs but I think I'll do those when it's a little more quiet I guess....but I do wonder if this is really enough for now."

"I might have a suggestion for your dilemma if you would permit me to do so." AI Sakura suddenly pipped up.

"I didn't know you guys could do that, but if you got anything lay it on me." Asch remarked.

"Though AIs are based on one's memories of the person they resemble we are still ultimately extensions of the Core Program's programming and thus have access to all your memories." AI Sakura stated. "As such, though you have a displeasure of thinking about it too much, there is something in your previous life that may be the solution to what you are particularly worried about."

"The thing I'm worried about is having an enemy Wily-Bot breaking in here....which is why I feel these defenses are inadequate even if you guys said otherwise...." Asch pondered. "But you said there's something in my past that can alleviate that worry....wait....you don't mean?..that....do you?"

"I do indeed mean that." AI Sakura confirmed.

"God that thing....I'm almost surprised I don't have [tornado fang]ing nightmares about it....but you know what you're right.  If the thing I'm worried about are invading Wily-Bots, the best defense is the thing I know every Wily-Bot is absolutely scared of." Asch nodded.

"What is it that you are talking about Mr. Asch?" Borock-bot asked as he was extremely curious.

"You'll see, Ruby I don't know if you know what exactly I'm talking about but if you do, I seriously apologize in advance for what I'm about to make here." Asch gulped as he got to work. 

Asch concentrated on a wall in his space and willed it to manifest what he wanted to create.  Gradually the wall began to turn a startlingly shade of white.  When it was completely white a brick like texture began to appear and something started to form right in the middle of it, a huge single piercing blood red eye.

"No way....Mr. Asch is that?" Borock-bot shuddered as the realization dawned on him.

"Yup....why don't you come out and say 'hi' you omnivorous freak of nature?" Asch sighed.

The being in the wall slowly started oozing to the floor before taking on a distinct shape of a giant amorphous blob with limbs and a brick like texture.

"Guys....meet the always ravenous horror itself....the Brick White Devil." Asch announced.

"Hmmm hey Borock-bot what do you think would look better here, the Grocho Glasses Mustache combo or the Monocle and Beard combo?" Fugo asked as he was staring at the non reactive Asch who had gained a dashing Top Hat adorned with Holly.

"Umm...I guess the beard and monocle?" Borock-bot absentmindedly suggested.

"Hmm yeah I think you're right." Fugo nodded.  "Also is everything okay in there, you seem a bit shaken up."

"Trust me when I say this Mr. Fugo, you really do not want to know what I am seeing in the Network right now" Borock-bot shuddered.

"I'll take your word on that I guess." Fugo nodded and went back to work.

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #7120 on: September 13, 2020, 08:56:42 PM
Ruby flinched as Asch's latest mental safeguard began to take form. Despite being one of the youngest Wilybots and never having really interacted with all that many of the older ones in any meaningful way, she'd heard the stories and seen some of the files on the Doctor's systems. This thing was bad news...Although....

She tilted her head when Asch finished his introduction, a new line of thought sprouting off from the issue she'd been pondering since she'd delivered her resignation message to Boforte back in the desert. Though she couldn't quite hide the slight note of nervousness in her voice, the bright smile she had was all genuine.

"That's awesome, Asch! And it's another way of proving that you're a good guy! Taking something that's evil to the core-and-using-it-to-do-good...!-" - she stopped abruptly, took a moment to settle herself before she got too worked up, and continued - "-and now that you have all this as a foundation, you can come back to work on things anytime you like! If you change your mind about something or just want to change something, it'll be easy now you know how...."

Her enthusiasm slipped as she trailed off, lapsing into another thoughtful silence, eyes glittering despite the mild frown marring her features.