Mega Man Legends 3 Has Been Cancelled

TheDivine · 37837

Offline TheDivine

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
on: July 19, 2011, 04:34:28 AM
It’s a sad day for Mega Man fans everywhere, as Capcom has officially announced that it has discontinued production on Mega Man Legends 3; a game we as fans have been waiting decades to see.

Originally posted at the Capcom-Unity site, GregaMan sheds some light on the future of the Devroom and fan contributions:

We'd like to thank you for your ongoing loyal support of Mega Man Legends 3. Today, however, we must regrettably announce the discontinuation of this project.

From the outset the MML3 Project was intended to give gamers across the world insight and input into the development process. Part of this process includes an assessment of whether the title will go into full production, and is based on a number of criteria with input from different sectors of the company.

Unfortunately it was not felt that the Mega Man Legends 3 Project met the required criteria, and it is with regret that we must announce that the Mega Man Legends 3 Project has been cancelled, meaning that Capcom will not be releasing the Prototype or the full game. Additionally, updates of the Mega Man Legends Developer Room will cease as of today, though the North American Developer Room and its forums will remain open indefinitely.

We can only express our deepest apologies to all of you who have lent us your unending support, including participation in the Mega Man Legends 3 Developer Room. On behalf of the entire Legends team, please accept our sincere apology for failing to meet the expectations of the fans.

We thank you all so much for your extended support of this title and this community, and we hope that you will continue to support the Mega Man franchise as well as other Capcom games.

I’m sure we’re all wondering what “criteria” were used to make this decision, but we may never know. The most we can do at this point is hope that the games that Capcom will be releasing in the future will meet up to the quality standards we’ve come to expect.

[Don't let the last edit thing fool you. The post you're currently reading was written by Seran - the superior author.]
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 06:24:42 AM by Sato »

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 04:41:17 AM
The fans have no fault here. They supported this with all they had. Even the ones who never played Legends wanted this damn game simply on hype alone.

this is just Capcom trying to [parasitic bomb] on whatever was left of Inafune's final projects.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 04:49:47 AM
Even if you won't care, I'd like to say this.

Rubbing it in is absolutely not what you should be doing.

Offline TheDivine

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 04:52:00 AM
It's called satire.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 04:54:09 AM
It's called satire.

Satire should not excuse being a dick.

Offline Syl

• Cyberelf
  • Public Enemy #3
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 04:57:12 AM
Yeah, you mad.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 05:01:21 AM
It's called satire.

No, it's called trolling. And it's called unprofessionalism. This is a news post you posted. News posts go on the front page for any passerby to the site to see. And news posts should be professionally done. With respect and dignity and not being a total dick about it, whether you called it or not. Seriously, this is what you do with the journalistic powers given to you?

I suggest you rewrite the post with just the facts and leave you opinions to all the other topics in the forum talking about this.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 19, 2011, 05:02:47 AM
After a while, the RAGE from all this will die down. Then Crapcom will announce an "ALL NEW 8-BIT MM11", and fans will eat it up as always without a thought. It's a cycle, if y'all haven't noticed.

Offline Sub Tank

• Neo Arcadian
  • PHOTOBUCKET EXPIRED
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: July 19, 2011, 05:04:28 AM
Megaman is dead without Inafune.

Offline ParasiteBirth

• Useless Dweeb
  • A-Class Hunter
  • Some random dweeb
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
Reply #9 on: July 19, 2011, 05:08:46 AM
That's it, I'm [tornado fang]ing done with CAPCOM

First we lose Keiji Inafune
Then we get Megaman Universe Canceled
They [tornado fang] UP Devil May Cry ( YES THEY DID )
And now they crush our dream? That game which we [tornado fang]ing asked for for like 11 god damn'd years?

I hope CAPCOM dies under a pile of dog turd

Check my YouTube Channel for Challenges, Speed Run videos and more!

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: July 19, 2011, 05:09:36 AM
After a while, the RAGE from all this will die down. Then Crapcom will announce an "ALL NEW 8-BIT MM11", and fans will eat it up as always without a thought. It's a cycle, if y'all haven't noticed.

I may have a horrible memory, but I doubt that I'll forget MML3.

At this point, it'd be a miracle if we ever saw MM11. I'd like to think that if it did happen, we would support it in order to show that we don't want it going the way of MMU and MML3, not because we have the collective memory of a goldfish.

But, if Capcom is apparently so willing to flip off any fanbase of theirs that isn't large enough...

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: July 19, 2011, 05:10:22 AM

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: July 19, 2011, 05:10:55 AM
Megaman is dead without Inafune.

I was sorta hoping they had the creative wherewithal to shoulder on. That was naive.

I figured between Monster Hunter and Phoenix Wright that they still had the essential creative spark.

Offline gamefreak202020

• The Freak to End all Freaks
  • Cyberelf
  • .:[ADEL AWESOME!]:.
    • View Profile
    • MUGEN Genesis
Reply #13 on: July 19, 2011, 05:18:21 AM
I just came back to say this.

...wake me up when ZX3 is announced.

..but seriously, While it's a dickmove extraordinaire for Capcom to do this, all the rage I'm seeing online about this won't change anything...but maybe there might be more productive ways to vent this rage.

For example, such Capcom won't do it, maybe a fan group will make thier own Legends 3...

...or just to show Capcom how much of a idiot they are, we could all mass-buy Legends on PSN and then tell Capcom that the overwhelming people who bought it are devoted Legends fans who want to see a proper send-off to the saga.

...or at the very least, have a Tron-Servbot Only Fest on MvC2 as a sendoff.

- lol, NeoGeoPocketColor Adel
~~GF202020 a.k.a. gamefreak202020~~

MUGEN Genesis! Join today!

http://www.youtube.com/user/gf202020

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: July 19, 2011, 05:42:37 AM
...or just to show Capcom how much of a idiot they are, we could all mass-buy Legends on PSN and then tell Capcom that the overwhelming people who bought it are devoted Legends fans who want to see a proper send-off to the saga.

Yeah, legends is never going to be rereleased on PSN.

something about failing some test. probably involving voice acting.

Offline gamefreak202020

• The Freak to End all Freaks
  • Cyberelf
  • .:[ADEL AWESOME!]:.
    • View Profile
    • MUGEN Genesis
Reply #15 on: July 19, 2011, 05:43:54 AM
I thought it was...I thought I saw it while browsing PS1 titles on the PSN...

...or maybe I was drunk then...

- lol, NeoGeoPocketColor Adel
~~GF202020 a.k.a. gamefreak202020~~

MUGEN Genesis! Join today!

http://www.youtube.com/user/gf202020

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: July 19, 2011, 06:04:12 AM

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline kosmos

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: July 19, 2011, 06:05:36 AM
I saw this coming. 2 games cancelled, Inafune out, noone pushing for the franchise inside Capcom, Inti Creates not doing anything probably because Capcom don't want. From now on, mangas, music CDs and figures, zero games, till they decide to give the franchise to some random west developer.

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: July 19, 2011, 06:14:45 AM

Offline Krystal

• Fujoshi >w<
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 兄萌えが消えない止まない
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: July 19, 2011, 06:19:14 AM
...ಠ_ರೃ

Archer

Reply #20 on: July 19, 2011, 06:20:50 AM
Oh come on guys, it was so [tornado fang]ing obvious that this was going to happen.

This is what you get for getting excited over something that isn't even a sure thing, and it is also what Capcom gets for revealing something that isn't even green lighted yet.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: July 19, 2011, 06:22:23 AM

Edit: Gone already

Edit2: Or not. This'll probably keep up for a bit

It was still like that when I checked one moment ago. Still, I reuploaded the screenshot somewhere else, hope you don't mind.

Aww, you beat me to it :(

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: July 19, 2011, 06:23:27 AM
It was still like that when I checked one moment ago. Still, I reuploaded the screenshot somewhere else, hope you don't mind.
It seems fine whenever opening through here, but when clicking back from the Edit History, it's gone. I dunno.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: July 19, 2011, 06:23:29 AM

Its gone now, I was just about to edit it myself when it dissapeared.

Archer

Reply #24 on: July 19, 2011, 06:33:47 AM
Though you have to admit, Legends 3 being canceled did wonders for RPM.

The place was pretty much dead til now.