Offline The Legendary Rud

• Net Navi
  • "aka ROCK"
    • View Profile
    • Rocks Clan
on: December 28, 2010, 04:05:12 AM
I'm creating a 4-player cooperative Mega Man Fan Game called

Mega Man Perfect Harmony

Using game maker, it will feature 4 simultaneous players, 8 normal boss stages, many many secret hidden stages (i.e. mario 2, metroid) and a shop where you can purchase power ups like charge shot, slide, and saber. This is my first game maker project, and I've only spent around 2 months on it so far, but it has really come a long way!

We havent spent too much time on graphics just yet, but we have spent a lot of time on the music and core gameplay.

Listen to the soundtrack HERE

Add us on Facebook and Myspace:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mega-Man-Perfect-Harmony/174530555890370

http://www.myspace.com/megamanperfectharmony

For more updates check out our website

rocksclan.com

Still have a lot of work to do, but shooting for a beta release late 2011.
peace!
^RUD

« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 10:36:18 PM by The Legendary Rud »

MexicanSunflower

Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 04:07:31 AM
LOL

• Net Navi
  • "aka ROCK"
    • View Profile
    • Rocks Clan
Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 04:08:58 AM
we also make our own 8-bit music, you can check it out here:

Mega Man Perfect Harmony Soundtrack
by Omniblade
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 05:38:29 AM by The Legendary Rud »

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 04:18:27 AM
I thought when you said saber it was Zero

Offline MrBaryl

• A new Shooting Star.
  • B-Class Hunter
  • "Everything for you"
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 04:22:19 AM
There's some style mixing here and there, but overall looks good and well executed. I expect this to have a versus mode.

Offline Ekaje

• You worthless piece of scrap metal!
  • Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 04:39:40 AM
Not wanting to overwhelm you with questions, but:

-Are there differences between characters, or they all skins?
-Do the different items (ex. saber) give you new moves, or are they just buster upgrades?
-Is Protoman using a shoryuken in one of those screenshots?
-The co-op is online, correct? (Dumb question, I know)

If this is finished, looks like it could be good fun.

EDIT: Just noticed that you probably want to ask a mod to move this to the "Fan Games" subforum.

• Net Navi
  • "aka ROCK"
    • View Profile
    • Rocks Clan
Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 05:12:45 AM
Thanks for the positive feedback, I really appreciate it.
A fair warning, I'm new to all of this, so dont get your hopes up too high XD

-Are there differences between characters, or they all skins?

Rock (Mega Man) gets two lifebars (its a tough game, and the other players can respawn when they die at the cost of a little of Rocks Life) Charge Shot, Slide, and Saber.

Blues (Proto Man) gets his sheild which behaves like in 9 and 10, Charge Shot, Slide and Saber as well. Blues also gets UP+Saber to do a shoryuken-ish move, later on i might add more moves for him. He also takes more damage than Rock does, and he's the only character who's death explosion damages other enemies (It's really hilarious to see him kamekaze into enemies and take them out XD)

Bass shoots in 8 directions, and gets the double jump. I've been trying to implement his dash but can't seem to get it to work right. Later on I was thinking of giving him dragon ball-ish moves, like imagine a spirit bomb kind of attack, stuff like that.

Enker is interesting, he is faster than all of the other players, and when he takes damage he flashes but it doesnt knock him back at all. For now he has the spinning javelin attack that acts as a rapid melee that can also deflect bullets. It's pretty fun playing as him because you can just hold down the attack button and run around through all of the enemies. Later on I intend on adding more moves similiar to the ones he has in the real games, like the one where he draws in enemy bullets.

-Do the different items (ex. saber) give you new moves, or are they just buster upgrades?

Saber behaves like it does in the mega man zero series, there is a buster button (square) and a saber button (R1). Only Rock and Blues can get sabers, and when Blues dies, he also drops his saber for Rock to use if he doesnt already have one. They also cut through bullets, and later on i might add more special moves involving melee.

-Is Protoman using a shoryuken in one of those screenshots?
Yeah, but its an early screenshot XD

It's not a dumb question, because sadly as it is now, it is offline Co-op, but I will try my best to find a way to make it online though.

Thanks again for your support!

« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 09:16:09 AM by The Legendary Rud »

Offline Hiryu

• Capcom's Favorite futuristic ninja
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: December 28, 2010, 06:08:00 PM
This looks very interesting. I can't wait for a beta. The bosses look nice too.

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #8 on: December 28, 2010, 08:18:24 PM
I don't really like this kind of random crossover, looks like you're just making it that way to use tiles from other games (which don't fit at all). And the 4 player thing sound like an overload, but that's just me.

Good luck with the project though.

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: December 28, 2010, 09:33:45 PM
I don't really like this kind of random crossover, looks like you're just making it that way to use tiles from other games (which don't fit at all). And the 4 player thing sound like an overload, but that's just me.

Good luck with the project though.

i gotta agree with Koi here, it's just looks lazy, i mean, 8 bit sprites, with 16-bit backgrounds and a sprite from metroid?.

why you dont try to be a little bit more original, i mean, you can use tiles from the NES megaman games sure, but dont mix 2 different things, its kinda unsettling.

Here's My Facebook Account, Join the Megagirl R project http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002211482262

if you want to know my skype account, send me a PM

Offline Ekaje

• You worthless piece of scrap metal!
  • Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: December 29, 2010, 02:01:38 AM
It's not a dumb question, because sadly as it is now, it is offline Co-op. I am just one man working on all of this for free, but I will try my best to find a way to make it online though.

But how will 4-player co-op work offline?  It'd be awkward to have four people to one keyboard to say the least.

• Net Navi
  • "aka ROCK"
    • View Profile
    • Rocks Clan
Reply #11 on: December 29, 2010, 03:03:31 AM
Addressing the graphics comments; like i said before, I've only spent 2 months on this so far, and there are many secret hidden stages from other games. I havent spent much time on the graphics yet, just trying to get the core game in a solid playable state.

We have also spent a lot of time on the music which you can check out here.

As for 4-player offline, I'm trying to implement joystick support, and if that doesnt work theres always joy2key or programs like that which I am using now.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #12 on: December 29, 2010, 05:19:52 AM
Agreed with Gatuca and Koi here.

Also, for the love of clearness, please save your screens in PNG format, not BMP or JPG. They come out horribly in the latter.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

• Net Navi
  • "aka ROCK"
    • View Profile
    • Rocks Clan
Reply #13 on: December 29, 2010, 05:43:02 AM
Again, thanks for all of the positive criticism... Really makes it all worth while, thanks guys.

Offline Hiryu

• Capcom's Favorite futuristic ninja
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: December 29, 2010, 05:40:23 PM
Will this have other characters to choose from besides Rock,Blues,Forte, and Enker?

Also, the music isn't bad, but I think it's missing something. The music reminds me of the music from the Gameboy games, which to me some tunes from the Gameboy games compared to the NES games are a bit under-developed. I also think some of the themes could be louder, for example, Smoke and Flare are unusually soft for stage themes.