Protodude's Ramblings #3

Protodude · 6425

Offline Protodude

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Protodude's Rockman Corner
on: February 28, 2009, 07:47:51 PM
Mega Man cameos in the new Street Fighter film? Frank West cross dresses as Roll? These stories and more below:

Roll Caskett Costume in Dead Rising Wii
Frank West will wear anything apparently. According to 2chan, Dead Rising Chop Till You Drop, contains an exclusive Roll Caskett outfit, complete with arm humping data.

Mega Man's Tiny Appearance In Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li
Rumor has it that the Blue Bomber makes a brief cameo in the newest Street Fighter film (opens today). Supposedly, in the first twenty minutes of the film, you can see a computer screen displaying an over sized 8-bit Mega Man sprite. No confirmation if this is legit yet.

Capcom Planning More Co-op In Future Titles
Though not necessarily Rockman related, this tidbit is noteworthy nonetheless: According to an interview with Capcom's Chris Kramer, the company is looking into implementing more cooperative gameplay in future games:

"Co-Optimus: Does Capcom see co-op as the future of gaming and plan to include co-op in future RE games? Would that hinge on the success of RE5?

Chris Kramer: You’re definitely going to see a much larger emphasis on co-op in many Capcom titles over the next year or two."

Can you imagine a true blue, cooperative Rockman game? I think we're long overdue.

Rockman Zero Telephone Card Goes For a $1,088.00
Yahoo! Auctions, home of everything you could ever want, is hosting a very special auction: a limited edition Rockman Zero telephone card featuring exclusive artwork by series artist Nakayama san.

According to the seller, this practically unattainable prepaid telephone card is but one of 200 made, originally distributed as a promotional item at Capcom's Yamagawa festival for 10,000 Yen (little over a hundred dollars).

Ready for the kicker? The seller is auctioning off the card for a whopping 98,000 Yen ($1,088.00). For that much, I certainly hope it's got a ton of pre-paid minutes.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 11:53:54 PM

Offline RMX

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 01:26:29 PM
Why the hell Legends always get the good videogame cameos?

Offline Sniper X

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 06:36:22 PM
My eyes! It burnsss!!! Also, I only like Data on his arm.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 08:51:44 PM
Why the hell Legends always get the good videogame cameos?
To annoy the hell out of us who want a real GAME and not Cameos

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #5 on: March 01, 2009, 11:12:24 PM
I'd hurl at the pic, except there's nothing left in my stomach since seeing it at MMN.

Can you imagine a true blue, cooperative Rockman game? I think we're long overdue.
Yes, and damn straight! 8)

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
    • N-Mario's Gaming Universe
Reply #6 on: March 02, 2009, 04:27:12 AM
Mega Man's Tiny Appearance In Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li
Rumor has it that the Blue Bomber makes a brief cameo in the newest Street Fighter film (opens today). Supposedly, in the first twenty minutes of the film, you can see a computer screen displaying an over sized 8-bit Mega Man sprite. No confirmation if this is legit yet.
Now why the hell would Capcom put something like this into a movie unrelated to street fighter? Other than a series made by the same company (Capcom), unless they are trying to promote something for Mega Man. I don't know other than they're just messing with us.

But if this rumor is true, I'd like to see it. :)

Offline Ephidiel

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: March 02, 2009, 09:34:18 PM
the wii version was not supposed to have the camera or did they change this ?

Offline Yllisos Zanon

• The Laberynth Librarian
  • Resistance Member
  • Individuality, so F*#K popularity
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: March 03, 2009, 04:37:16 PM
[spoiler]The only MM reference I saw, was before they started the actuall movie, they show screens of mulitple capcom games as they fade into the Capcom Logo.[[/spoiler]

Not sure if it's a spoiler or not, but that is all I noticed.  Micheal Clark Duncan played the roll Balrog very nicely, may I add.

They're coming to take me away
hee hee hoo hoo haw haw

http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=veasman#

Offline ST Jestah

• Procastinator Extraordinair
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Just chilling in the Nexus.
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: March 05, 2009, 12:02:48 AM

I wonder if they will make the new guy wear Roll's(rockman) costume in Dead Rising 2...I just went blind for a second. And I don't even know how the new guy looks like.

the wii version was not supposed to have the camera or did they change this ?

Nope, there is no camera, at least not the gimmick...which is sad. That one of the little things that made Dead Rising, Dead Rising. Then again I never played DR to begin with.

Offline Sniper X

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: March 05, 2009, 02:07:29 PM
I wonder if they will make the new guy wear Roll's(rockman) costume in Dead Rising 2...I just went blind for a second. And I don't even know how the new guy looks like.
*gasp* That means he'll wear a skirt then. :o

Offline Yllisos Zanon

• The Laberynth Librarian
  • Resistance Member
  • Individuality, so F*#K popularity
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: March 06, 2009, 05:02:23 PM
I forgot to mention, Keiji Inafune was in the opening credits as executive producer.  Other than that, nothing much to say.

They're coming to take me away
hee hee hoo hoo haw haw

http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=veasman#