Mega Man Unlimited

Yoku Man · 272615

Offline MegaPhilX

• Net Navi
  • I make the angels scream, and the devil cry!
    • View Profile
Reply #250 on: June 22, 2010, 05:00:19 PM
The majority of people don't care about such trivial graphical differences. People loved MM9 and MM10.
I think that by all means, we should let people do what they want with their sprites and graphics. Having to work within the actual limitations of the NES will turn off many people.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #251 on: June 22, 2010, 05:26:25 PM
But these are fangames, and we can all agree that mm10 and mm9 have jumped the shark a tinsy bit with their limitations. I guess the fangame community will have the freedom to do the same.

What I'm mostly trying to get across here is awareness of what is and what is not possible. Don't just say "R9/10 did it so we can too", but educate yourself in when, how and why these games do the impossible. When the developers broke the limits, they knew wholly well they were, because they went to the trouble of educating themselves on what those limits actually are. If you can do the same, then a lot of your other observations about the inner workings of classic Rockman should fall into place by a newfound understanding of these mechanisms.

Offline MegaPhilX

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #252 on: June 22, 2010, 06:30:16 PM
Just because we chose to not to follow the limitations of the originals 100% right, doesn't mean that what we do is utter crap.
Like I said, most people don't notice such things.
I'm perfectly aware of the tremendous skills of the people involved in the originals and how they have to find clever ways to get their ideas across. Hell we still have to do this, even in the current gen of game developing.
But I work on this in my free time. I have a job, a wife and a life. The better way to get my ideas done for me is to leave myself a bit of freedom while still retaining the style. I have many amazing graphical tools people didn't have back then and I intend to use them to get the game done in my own way. Spending the extra time to make sure it follows all the technical limits is just not, in my opinion worth it. Since I don't HAVE that time.
If you think the game sucks because I don't follow the rules as much as you'd want, then, by all means, make your own fan-game. Can't wait to see it! ^_^

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #253 on: June 22, 2010, 06:47:38 PM
Phil, I've never let out even a word about quality here. I don't think your game sucks and I prefer it if you didn't read every post as if I were making that claim. Likewise, I'm not forcing you to redo the graphics anytime soon, I'm only telling you that you should educate yourself about the intricacies of these things more. You know, become aware of what it is you're actually not doing for a reason.

Offline MegaPhilX

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #254 on: June 22, 2010, 07:44:12 PM
I was not necessarily speaking directly to you, Zan.  I was speaking mostly on a general basis. I have no problem on learning more about the limitations of past hardware though. ^_^

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #255 on: June 27, 2010, 11:20:30 PM
Wow, it feels bad that those arguments are created, peopel need to remmeber that this fangame is not in the same level of the earlier bad ones

Here's My Facebook Account, Join the Megagirl R project http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002211482262

if you want to know my skype account, send me a PM

Offline MegaPhilX

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #256 on: July 10, 2010, 05:26:52 PM
Yeah, it sucks when people act like we owe them stuff when we are actually doing this in our free time... : P

Posted on: July 10, 2010, 23:25:58
Just for your information, I'm going to be away of the computer for roughly 3 weeks. I need to get my mind off of this whole thing. ( : Meaning there won't be any videos, comments or updates on any of the sites where I usually post. Other than that, I've been making progress on various things since I've had a couple of days of vacation. I've finished animating the final boss' AI behavior in Flash. I've started implementing some of the cutscenes in the game (For example, I've put the Wily Castle map 1 and 2 in there already.) I've updated the title screen music and I still have to replace the stage songs with the new versions. I've also got some of my friends experimenting with programming an engine of their own but we'll see once N64Mario fixes his computer and gets back to work. We should see more progress soon either way. See ya soon! ^_^

Offline Yoku Man

• Robot Master of Yoku Blocks.
  • Resistance Member
  • "Don't Trust Your Eyes, Trust Mine."
    • View Profile
Reply #257 on: July 24, 2010, 01:18:24 AM
Nothing new to report, since Phil is still away on holiday. Work on Yoku Man's stage is still going ahead. I want it to be the best stage I've ever made in my life! But anyway, while I was searching for images to help with my newly redesigned Youtube Channel, I came across this old pic I did for laughs. Didn't want it to go to waste.
I call it:
MEGA MAN 10 VS MEGA MAN UNLIMITED

I tried to put all the mm10 bosses above the appropriate MMU bosses that would seem to have similarities to their official predecessors. See if you can point out the possible connections between each one.

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #258 on: July 24, 2010, 01:43:33 AM
I tried doing something like that too, except mine was more appearance oriented.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #259 on: July 24, 2010, 01:59:19 AM
Let's see...

1.) Jet and Sheep: Odd man out.
2.) Commando and Tank: Military-oriented.
3.) Strike and Glue: Throw fast-moving projectiles.
4.) Blade and Yo-yo: Large impractical heads.
5.) Nitro and Nitro: Name the same.
6.) Pump and Nail: Use a projectile shield.
7.) Solar and Rainbow: Emit bright light.
8.) Chill and Comet: Leave napalm-like trails in their wake.

Did I get any right?

Offline Yoku Man

• Robot Master of Yoku Blocks.
  • Resistance Member
  • "Don't Trust Your Eyes, Trust Mine."
    • View Profile
Reply #260 on: July 24, 2010, 02:26:41 AM
To be truthful, some didn't intentionally have any connections, but you did a superb job of coming up with some!

1.) Jet and Sheep:  I guess for Jet Man, he does feel kinda left out, as Comet Woman seems to be alot faster than him, but he doesn't really mind as he's in love with her, lol.
2.) Commando and Tank: Got it spot on.
3.) Strike and Glue: This is one of the ones I didn't really have a connection for, but fast projectiles is kinda accurate.
4.) Blade and Yo-Yo: Got that one spot on too. And I would also guess that Yo-Yo Cutter will be a favourite and powerful weapon like Triple Blade.
5.) Nitro and Nitro: Who wouldn't have guessed this one? Would love to see who would win if MM10's Nitro Man's AI was pitted against MMU's.
6.) Pump and Nail: Another obvious and easy one to guess, yep, both have shields.
7.) Solar and Rainbow: Congrats on that one, yep they're both light based, Solar Man uses solar energy where as Rainbow Man harnesses the power of the Light Spectrum.
8.) Chill and Comet: This one unfortunately you got wrong... They're both Ice Based Robot Masters!

Offline DarkSaturn

• Net Navi
  • Run Little puppy!!! Run!!!
    • View Profile
Reply #261 on: July 24, 2010, 02:27:03 AM
Let's see...

1.) Jet and Sheep: Odd man out.
2.) Commando and Tank: Military-oriented.
3.) Strike and Glue: Throw fast-moving projectiles.
4.) Blade and Yo-yo: Large impractical heads.
5.) Nitro and Nitro: Name the same.
6.) Pump and Nail: Use a projectile shield.
7.) Solar and Rainbow: Emit bright light.
8.) Chill and Comet: Leave napalm-like trails in their wake.

Did I get any right?

not at all, comet and chill use ice (see comet woman stage), and sheep man and jet man can fly. but these are best if sheep man replace with rainbow man, but... ok.

so yoku man replace punk, enker and ballade?
(i have a sensation that there will be a stage conmemorating the old megaman games and mm7 & mm8 fc style, but i cant predict for now, can arruin the game  ::).)

BANANA INVASION IS COMING!!! OMG RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!! ToT                                                                                                                                       

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #262 on: July 24, 2010, 02:31:19 AM
8.) Chill and Comet: This one unfortunately you got wrong... They're both Ice Based Robot Masters!

D'oh. >.>

Offline KudosForce

• The wild card
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Will our future be good? Only the cards will tell.
    • View Profile
Reply #263 on: July 24, 2010, 02:54:03 AM
Strike and Glue DO have an obvious connection, though:

They both have boob lights. 8D

Offline DarkSaturn

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #264 on: July 24, 2010, 04:26:10 PM
Ughh o.0 yep you have reason XDD!

same as rainbow man and solar man use poncho!!!

Offline RetroRespecter

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #265 on: July 30, 2010, 09:57:17 PM
Strike and Glue DO have an obvious connection, though:

They both have boob lights. 8D
[objection!] Robots don't have "boob lights".

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #266 on: July 30, 2010, 09:58:02 PM
Roll does!

:)

Offline DarkSaturn

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #267 on: July 30, 2010, 11:01:12 PM
But too small dont counts as boobs... Splash woman?

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #268 on: July 30, 2010, 11:12:52 PM
Roll does!

:)

Only in the Novas Aventuras.

Offline Lilirulu

• Biometal Y
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • "NO DICE"
    • View Profile
Reply #269 on: July 30, 2010, 11:49:08 PM
But too small dont counts as boobs... Splash woman?

Plum? She owns both roll and Splash in the breast department.

Only in the Novas Aventuras.
and Ruby Spears Megaman

"Sumo Wrestlers are sexy by DEFAULT!"-[DA]-[SA]-[Pixiv]

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #270 on: July 31, 2010, 02:42:24 AM
*Plum finally gets some attention*

O^O luv u, lili~ <3

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline KudosForce

• The wild card
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Will our future be good? Only the cards will tell.
    • View Profile
Reply #271 on: July 31, 2010, 03:54:32 AM
Note to self: Next time, use the term "nipple lights". -u-'

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #272 on: July 31, 2010, 04:12:47 AM
Roll has boobs..... They are just small

Offline DarkSaturn

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #273 on: July 31, 2010, 04:14:36 AM
 :'( oh yeah i love the "breast departments" (cookie face) :cookie:_ :cookie:

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #274 on: July 31, 2010, 06:31:55 AM
Roll has boobs..... They are just small

err....Roll is supposed to be like..............10?

Here's My Facebook Account, Join the Megagirl R project http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002211482262

if you want to know my skype account, send me a PM