Slash Man · 7076

Offline Slash Man

• Resistance Member
  • NES Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Mega Stuff
on: April 28, 2017, 10:03:46 PM
It's confirmed, sort of
http://www.rockman-corner.com/2017/04/mega-man-legacy-collection-2-leaked-by.html

I recall a very lukewarm reception to the original Legacy Collection due to a general lack of interest from the hardcore fans. Personally, I didn't really care because I didn't need any of those games that were all fairly popular and reasonably easy to get ahold of on their own. But the Legacy Collection 2 offers more of an incentive; retail versions of Mega Man 9 and 10 (I'm a sucker for physical media). Additionally, one game I never picked up at the time that I'm kicking myself over is the Saturn version of Mega Man 8. If that's included, that would sweeten the deal exponentially.

Furthermore, with the comments on Facebook, I'm seeing a lot of people clamoring for the Super Nintendo version of Mega Man & Bass, again that would be another exclusive that will pique the interest of the longtime fan. In addition, people are talking about the arcade games and Battle & Chase and whatnot.

I'll be interested to see what becomes of this. If it's just released as is with four games, that'd be acceptable, if a little meager. But I hope there's a little bit more added.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 03:25:10 AM
Needs more Mega Man Soccer.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Slash Man

• Resistance Member
  • NES Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Mega Stuff
Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 03:43:46 AM
I knew I was forgetting an obscure original series game. That's another one that got stupid expensive in recent years. Like really stupid. But the fact that they left off RockBoard from the original Legacy Collection doesn't give me much hope for games that aren't part of the main series.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 29, 2017, 04:28:13 AM
In order to have the SNES Rockman and Forte, they'd have to localize it. The team making this is not a localization team. It's not as easy as just transplanting the GBA script in.

It would be nice if they had both versions of Mega Man 8. As nice as the extras are on Saturn, Wood Man is a time waster in speedruns.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 29, 2017, 10:26:56 AM
Give me RockBoard. 8U

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline kosmos

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 29, 2017, 01:42:19 PM
I hope the info is incomplete. Unless is super cheap, the collection should have more games and a release for Switch will be very welcome.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: April 29, 2017, 09:49:14 PM
At the very least a Switch release for the first collection should be done. All of them are NES games and yet they're not on Nintendo's current console.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #7 on: April 29, 2017, 10:18:26 PM
Give me RockBoard. 8U
Actually not a bad game lol

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #8 on: May 01, 2017, 07:52:23 AM
I'd be shocked if the Saturn MM8 was featured, but that sure would sweeten the deal, wouldn't it?

And yeah, this needs to hit the Switch.  I don't care much about LC1 since eventual VC releases are pretty much a given.  But that doesn't apply to anything that LC2 is tackling other than MM7.

In order to have the SNES Rockman and Forte, they'd have to localize it. The team making this is not a localization team. It's not as easy as just transplanting the GBA script in.
Considering that the first Legacy Collection was a recode, not a traditional emulation, I don't think that's out of the question.  Besides, um...why ISN'T it as easy as transplanting the GBA text in, other than the fact that they also have to do a title screen?  Isn't the developer red tape stuff that they have to go through for the compilation anyway?  Remember, Anniversary Collection effectively gave us a localization (even if a grossly stripped down one) of six PS1 ports.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: May 03, 2017, 03:24:15 AM
Well, the CD database might need touching up ('douchie', anyone?). I think the normal-game text should be fine.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #10 on: June 05, 2017, 07:28:26 PM
[yt]iamiA3ki4-o[/yt]

Exciting~ 8D

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: June 05, 2017, 07:34:45 PM
D'oh, beaten to it.

Anyway, Digital Eclipse isn't involved with this one, for whatever reason (probably for claiming the last LC was a recode when it was just ROMs on an emulator, IIRC...).

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: June 06, 2017, 08:06:12 AM
That's probably why the menu doesn't look as nice. I wouldn't be surprised if this one forgoes having the Japanese versions available like LC1 did at first. But i'll be pissed if Saturn MM8 isn't in.

Offline Slash Man

• Resistance Member
  • NES Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Mega Stuff
Reply #13 on: June 07, 2017, 01:17:47 AM
Huh. Well it is what it is, and that wraps up the main series. Fans are absolutely roasting Capcom over on their Facebook page. But at most, it's a little underwhelming. At its core, these are time-tested games that have loads of replay value and play time to them. All for a price that can't be beat.

While expectations may have been a little high (especially when comparing to the Anniversary Collection), it's still a worthy console port. But dear god, stay away from any iOS/Android ports

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: June 07, 2017, 05:50:03 AM
Much like the Disney collection before it fans are left bewildered as to why in the blue hell this isn't coming to the Switch.  LC1 was a collection of games already on the Virtual Console and it hit the 3DS anyway, STILL did well enough for Nintendo's eShop front page to consider it a best-seller (at least briefly, I don't know how long), and the only title on this collection under that same handicap is MM7 (and even that's an assumption since the Switch has no VC at the moment).

Capcom really stepped in it.  I mean, really, they're one of the few third parties that Nintendo fans actually want support from, but they are looking for Mega Man, God knows Nintendo knows it for how often he shows up on the eShop cover pages, and yet Capcom just doesn't give a damn.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: June 07, 2017, 07:17:41 PM
So just Megaman 7-10? Eh, I mean I like the idea of having MM games on my PS4 but still thats a pretty slim package, hopefully it's pretty cheap then. Not paying more than 30$ Canadian for four old games I have other ways to play. Megaman and Bass, and maybe the gameboy games would have made this set perfect, oh and the saturn version of MM8 (or a version that lets you pick between the 2's various differences).

Honestly? They should have had MM1-10 (plus one or two bonus games) in the first legacy collection and then released an X Legacy collection.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: June 08, 2017, 03:55:45 AM
I'm just glad we're not getting a staunch ignorance of the non 8-bit games.

Well, kinda.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: June 08, 2017, 06:09:06 AM
I'm kinda sad that there's no 3DS or Switch version. Still though, yay!

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: June 08, 2017, 06:13:52 AM
I think asking the 3DS to emulate a PS1 game might be a bit too much effort for Capcom to care.  There's really no excuse for lacking a Switch version, though.

Offline Cherrykorock

• Dr Light's other creation
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Zero can divide by Zero.
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: June 12, 2017, 05:51:29 AM
Here's hoping this somehow sells enough for them to do something like this with the gameboy games. Perhaps with Color this time. I won't hold my breath tho.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: June 18, 2017, 05:27:26 PM
Here's hoping this somehow sells enough for them to do something like this with the gameboy games. Perhaps with Color this time. I won't hold my breath tho.

You don't remember MegaMan Mania?

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: June 19, 2017, 07:32:28 AM
You do remember that was from a time when Capcom included bonus spinoff games in their Mega Man collections?

Yeah, they don't quite make the same effort that they used to.