Change my nickname, please

Acid · 250706

Archer

Reply #1050 on: October 25, 2012, 08:40:47 AM
Fair enough, I think I heard of such a anime but never looked into it.

you're not missing anything

it's [parasitic bomb].

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #1051 on: October 25, 2012, 08:44:15 AM
Yeah I wasn't really going to look into it otherwise.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
  • Blow up! We want to blow up this area.
    • View Profile
Reply #1052 on: October 25, 2012, 10:42:39 AM
I would think it would be very hard to find the deities in Cthulhu mythos if the person does not have knowledge of Cthulhu mythos. 
Copy, paste, Google?

FEELS  ;^;Which has the massive scrotums?

Offline Karai

• with RICE
  • B-Class Hunter
  • (not) Missing in Action
    • View Profile
    • My stuff & HI SKORS
Reply #1053 on: October 25, 2012, 06:11:25 PM
You can always use guys like Great Intelligence or Animus from Doctor Who. But I'm not quite sure about a picture for avatar.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1054 on: October 25, 2012, 08:05:59 PM
I'm probably going to make Q my next theme, whenever I decide to ditch this one.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1055 on: October 25, 2012, 09:22:54 PM
For the record, I didn't decide to change my name for the theme week thing. I simply wanted to try something different.

Congratulations, you are now Lord of the Universal Spaces.

Thanks. I don't know who that is, so I took the liberty of searching the name and found this. Do these descriptions seem accurate? I like it.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1058 on: October 25, 2012, 10:15:38 PM
Wikipedia is fine. It provides the most convenient starting point, and it references a bunch of other sources.

Archer

Reply #1059 on: October 25, 2012, 11:43:56 PM
Wikipedia is fine. It provides the most convenient starting point, and it references a bunch of other sources.

[citation needed]

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1060 on: October 26, 2012, 05:21:08 AM
In my experience, I've found Ladd's opinion to be rather truthful.  I look at the Wikipedia article's sources, then pursue those for more information. 

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1061 on: October 26, 2012, 05:33:08 AM
I know everyone and their brother says "Oh, anyone can edit Wikipedia..." but in actuality, no.  They can't.  Rather, it very, very rarely stays "edited."  Wikipedia has the most hard-nosed bunch of no-life wasteoids running it (not to mention about two-dozen or more bots) that if you even so much as think of editing a page with un-factual or otherwise useless content, your edit will either get a "[citation needed]" tag or outright reverted so fast, it'll make your god damn head spin.

Unless, of course, you're editing a really small article with next-to-no hits, such as the article on the unknown MS-DOS/Windows game "Shadows of Cairn," for example.  Then it's slightly less prone to be watched so zealously.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1062 on: October 26, 2012, 06:20:48 AM
I have a Wikipedia account and a few edits to my name.  I do mostly minor clean-up.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1063 on: October 28, 2012, 07:01:44 AM
In my experience, I've found Ladd's opinion to be rather truthful.  I look at the Wikipedia article's sources, then pursue those for more information. 
It's like the best source for further sources on the entire Internet.

Unless, of course, you're editing a really small article with next-to-no hits, such as the article on the unknown MS-DOS/Windows game "Shadows of Cairn," for example.  Then it's slightly less prone to be watched so zealously.
If you should ever, in your search for information on that obscure game, come across anything, preferably a commands list, for The Neverending Story for Apple II, please make sure to let me know.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1064 on: October 28, 2012, 07:03:48 AM
I remember recently when I was looking up Ed Edd and Eddy that Ed's description was horribly redundant and kept going in circles.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1065 on: October 28, 2012, 07:48:34 AM
He is the simplest written character of the 3. Read: most two dimensional

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1066 on: October 28, 2012, 08:19:41 AM
Yeah but the description is still pretty bad.

[spoiler]Ed is the strong, dimwitted workhorse of the group and one of the main protagonists of the series. He wears a red-and-white striped shirt, a green jacket with two white stripes on each sleeve and purple-blue jeans. His skin is yellow, unlike the other characters and he is known to laugh a lot and is happy most of the time. He has very short red hair and has very poor personal hygiene. He is a fan of monster films and comic books, which he often confuses with reality. He also likes buttered toast, gravy, cereal (namely "Chunky Puffs"), pudding skin, chickens, and animals in general. Ed has amazing physical strength which is humorously worked into many of the show's plots.[3] His mind is a subculture grab bag full of comics and monster movies,[3] which he often confuses with reality and also having the habit of shouting random remarks which have almost nothing to do with the current conversations. Ed (to the misfortune of many people) is utterly at the mercy of his tyrannical younger sister, Sarah, for whom he cares deeply, and is an easy target of her manipulations. Much to the dismay of mysophobic Edd, he has very poor personal hygiene, even to the point of being terrified of soap and liking the smell of sweaty boots. He loves buttered toast, gravy, comics, a cereal called "Chunky Puffs", pudding skin, and animals, especially chickens.

Ed is kind and has a positive attitude towards almost everything and everyone, and is kind even to those who are not kind to him. He cares deeply for the other two Eds. He often sacrifices himself for his two best friends, the other cul-de-sac children, and even his younger sister Sarah, for whom he cares deeply, though she treats him very badly. He is very absent-minded and naive, making him the perfect candidate to help Eddy with his scams, as Ed hardly ever questions them. Even so, Ed never feels abused by Eddy.

He is a fan of monster films and comic books, which he often confuses with reality. He also likes buttered toast, gravy, cereal (namely "Chunky Puffs"), pudding skin, chickens, and animals in general. He has a very poor personal hygiene, to the point of being afraid of soap and liking the smell of sweaty boots. Though the Eds were outcasts throughout the series, in the series' TV movie finale Ed, Edd n Eddy's Big Picture Show, the three becomes friends with all the cul-de-sac children; Even Sarah starts treating Ed nicely.[4]

Creator Danny Antonucci explained Ed's inspiration saying, "Ed is...me, following his own path and slightly dysfunctional, a daydreamer who while people are doing one thing, will be busy thinking of another."[2] He also described Ed as "slow, living in his own world and he really doesn't fit in with the rest of the crowd,"[5] and explained that it was hard to decide who would voice him.[1] Ed ended up being voiced by Matt Hill.[1][/spoiler]I remember it being worse but the first part of the 3rd paragraph is pretty much repeated.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1067 on: October 28, 2012, 08:25:21 AM
Well... no harm in removing the redundant information from the first paragraph and using the edit summary "Removed redundant information".

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1068 on: October 28, 2012, 08:31:18 AM
I guess, though I'm half surprised no one caught it but I guess it makes sense for something as vast as Wikipedia.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1069 on: October 28, 2012, 08:34:39 AM
Since the page is protected against edits from anonymous and non-autoconfirmed users, I edited it.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1070 on: October 28, 2012, 08:43:48 AM
I thank you.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1071 on: October 28, 2012, 08:59:37 AM
While I was at it, I removed obvious vandalism on one article and reverted vandalism on another.  Now I'm watching the Recent Changes.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1072 on: October 28, 2012, 09:10:07 AM
You just can't help yourself, can you?  X3

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1073 on: October 28, 2012, 09:23:58 AM
Nope!  I've had the wiki bug for years.  I started on Wookieepedia in 2007, and on Wikipedia in 2008.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1074 on: October 28, 2012, 09:53:28 AM
Reverted it back into vandalism?