(X5) Getting Gaea Armor's body part with Zero

Rodrigo Shin · 5952

Offline Rodrigo Shin

• Not a Zero series
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • Ácido Cinza
on: April 27, 2009, 10:45:23 AM
Maybe this is old, since I was out of the loop for a while and all that [parasitic bomb], but I remember people finding in text dumps a dialogue for Dr. Light giving Zero this at-the-time unreachable capsule.

Some guy managed to just get to it, though. Here's the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFoDbLjDgIU&fmt=18

Not the main poster, but the guy did credit him and all. The original video was in japanese and the sound was severely messed up.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 02:38:08 PM by Shiki Tohno »

The reason for retcon is to cancel out contradictions
a retcon is a last resort to erase a contradiction
Guys, please let me know when did Gwen Stacy getting retroactively impregnated with Goblin Twins solve any contradiction whatsoever and didn't create a whole set of new ones. TTFN

--

Whenever it comes to "consensus" and things alike, always remember Tony Bullet-Tooth's sage advice:
"You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 02:52:16 AM
I'll admit I copped out and sharked infinite Double Jumps to script that, but nevertheless, witnessing the text in gameplay was done ages ago.

And yeah, the legit method is pretty old too.  More insane than that is getting Grizzly Slash's heart tank as Zero, which requires utterly inhuman timing to the point of still being unrealistic, but nevertheless possible.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 03:42:48 AM
I'll admit I copped out and sharked infinite Double Jumps to script that, but nevertheless, witnessing the text in gameplay was done ages ago.

And yeah, the legit method is pretty old too.  More insane than that is getting Grizzly Slash's heart tank as Zero, which requires utterly inhuman timing to the point of still being unrealistic, but nevertheless possible.
You want utterly inhuman, unrealistic timing? In X6, try getting the capsule in Turtloid's stage with Zero. I can do it, but it took me weeks upon weeks of practice to be able to pull it off consistently, and it STILL needs a bit of luck trying to correctly lure the bat near the place.

Offline Frozen Potato

• The Unamused Blue Haired
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 03:46:05 AM
You want utterly inhuman, unrealistic timing? In X6, try getting the capsule in Turtloid's stage with Zero. I can do it, but it took me weeks upon weeks of practice to be able to pull it off consistently, and it STILL needs a bit of luck trying to correctly lure the bat near the place.
lol,i do that all the time seriously.Too bad it was a one way path :P

Offline Rodrigo Shin

• Not a Zero series
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • Ácido Cinza
Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 03:46:35 AM
After my first playthrough, I always went with that route to pick that Shadow Armor piece. Just not neccessarily with Zero. Fun for the whole family.

The reason for retcon is to cancel out contradictions
a retcon is a last resort to erase a contradiction
Guys, please let me know when did Gwen Stacy getting retroactively impregnated with Goblin Twins solve any contradiction whatsoever and didn't create a whole set of new ones. TTFN

--

Whenever it comes to "consensus" and things alike, always remember Tony Bullet-Tooth's sage advice:
"You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 04:00:57 AM
I had to take it the hard way with X's falcon armor, you know how a pain in the ass is to get the Gaea Armor that way, from the looks of it: Zero's is much harder to aquire.

"Items in X5 must really hate me." - Ace Spark

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: April 28, 2009, 04:30:37 AM
[tornado fang] getting just the body part with Zero, someone get all four parts somehow.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: April 28, 2009, 07:20:57 AM

Ensuizan invincibility laughs at your expense.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: April 28, 2009, 03:46:56 PM
Fuckers, glitching out the game. That's got me outsmarted, innit? Try and do it the legit, hardcore way. :P

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #10 on: April 28, 2009, 03:47:37 PM
Back in my day, we only used unarmored X~

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Frozen Potato

• The Unamused Blue Haired
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: April 28, 2009, 04:11:39 PM
Back in my day, we only used unarmored X~
I only did it in X5,and damn Rangda Bangda W~

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: April 28, 2009, 06:51:57 PM
Fuckers, glitching out the game. That's got me outsmarted, innit? Try and do it the legit, hardcore way. :P

you want real hardcore? do it with only air dashes. it's possible, but there is like no room for error. if you're one pixel off, you're dead.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: April 28, 2009, 07:50:12 PM
Hmm... Can't equip Hyper Dash if I wanna do that...

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: April 28, 2009, 11:20:32 PM
Speedster helps the process, if only a little.

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: April 29, 2009, 01:59:39 AM
I know Speedster helps, but while Hyper Dash adds speed, it also shortens covered distance, so I'll have to do some proper planning with this...

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #16 on: May 11, 2009, 12:10:47 AM
That's nothing, I can do it in my sleep.

Ensuizan invincibility laughs at your expense.
That glitch is utter failure.  Ensuizan is too awesome to be denied use for the sake of maintaining invulnerability.  I already established that long-ago due to the fact that it kills your damage barrier.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #17 on: May 11, 2009, 12:15:11 AM
That's nothing, I can do it in my sleep.
This might not be a positive thing.