Yoku Man · 272725

Offline Kirby Pink

• Joker
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • "I play a card."
    • View Profile
    • Sprite Album
Reply #400 on: March 07, 2013, 08:20:03 PM
Re-post of the poster i got when it was made public.
Been ready for this game for quite a while. BRING IT ON!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s480x480/313328_481872425213169_1819188888_n.jpg

Offline Yoku Man

• Robot Master of Yoku Blocks.
  • Resistance Member
  • "Don't Trust Your Eyes, Trust Mine."
    • View Profile
Reply #401 on: April 30, 2013, 01:17:37 AM
Hey folks, another milestone has been reached! Not only is the "to do" list almost complete, but the game has also reached "Alpha Status" and has begun QA Testing.

To celebrate the factl Phil has posted a new trailer, with a beautiful japanese theme to it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xJrNDTHQTg[/youtube]

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
    • N-Mario's Gaming Universe
Reply #402 on: April 30, 2013, 04:28:47 AM
In all honestly, I'm glad he found a new development team to work on this fan game. I would not have been able to come up with anything as epic as what he has shown us by far.

Nice work Phil and Co. Good work indeed!

Offline SonicZH

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #403 on: April 30, 2013, 07:06:17 PM
Is the scorpion robot a cameo from wonder boys/chiki chiki boys?
Nice trailer! Can't wait for the game!

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
Reply #404 on: May 01, 2013, 05:01:49 AM
Is the scorpion robot a cameo from wonder boys/chiki chiki boys?

Eerrrrrr.... uuhh...... I am pretty sure the scorpion is 100% original to the game. Though I could be wrong. It's just that I can't see them putting any other characters in a fan game that is purely a 100% Mega Man game.

You could ask them if there were any inspirations on the making of the design of that scorpion robot, just to make sure. ;)

Offline SonicZH

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #405 on: May 01, 2013, 07:27:15 AM
thanks for the pointer on how to ask question.  :)
and yea great news on the new team!
Yoku Man:You need help testing?

Offline MagVanisher

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #406 on: May 02, 2013, 02:44:29 PM
Sign me up for the testing too!

Offline Yoku Man

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #407 on: May 02, 2013, 07:58:35 PM
I don't know entirely where Phil got his inspiration for the Scorpion, you'll have to ask him. Some fans have stated that it reminds them of a boss in Zero 2?

As for signing up for testing... Even I haven't dared ask, respectfully. It's totally up to Phil as to who he thinks is worthy and trustworthy to bug test the "near complete" version. I'm sure he wants to avoid spoilers getting out this close to release.

But I live in hope that he may still ask me and NMario to give it an early try. :)

Offline thefallenalchemist

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #408 on: May 06, 2013, 11:07:39 PM
I'm just going to be patient. It should be out and to the public soon enough. As long as Capcom doesn't try to make it an item and have me pay for it. But then again, I would do that - if it worked correctly on my PC. Not crazy about  having no charge shot available though - I've been charging all throughout the X series and it's like muscle memory these days. Almost killed my anticipation.

Offline Riffman81

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
    • MegaHaxx.com
Reply #409 on: May 08, 2013, 08:14:38 AM
I'm just going to be patient. It should be out and to the public soon enough. As long as Capcom doesn't try to make it an item and have me pay for it. But then again, I would do that - if it worked correctly on my PC. Not crazy about  having no charge shot available though - I've been charging all throughout the X series and it's like muscle memory these days. Almost killed my anticipation.

I'd pay for this game as well if Capcom were to brand it official. Got to agree with the above comment, not having the charge shot is slightly disappointing , but either way I'm stoked for this to be released!! Who knows, maybe the charge shot is a hidden feature to be unlocked in the game?? Would be cool.

Offline RetroRespecter

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #410 on: May 09, 2013, 01:12:13 AM
Mega Man has done great without his Mega Buster. I always considered that an extension.

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
Reply #411 on: May 09, 2013, 01:50:33 AM
Ya know..... I would have love for him to add one more character into the game just to make me happy, even in a secret area only, but I think it would pretty much ruin his game.

Though I'm sure I'll be happy with whatever he can give us. :)

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #412 on: May 09, 2013, 10:41:31 AM
Mega Man has done great without his Mega Buster. I always considered that an extension.

"Mega Man" has never been without his Mega Buster. It's the "New Mega Buster" and beyond that allowed for charging the shot, but the weapon was also always called the Mega Buster prior to this.

Offline Yoku Man

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #413 on: May 31, 2013, 10:55:49 PM
Both me and NMario have been busily looking for bugs in the Alpha Build for MMU. Yep thats right, we have been lucky enough to get to play the game. I can safely say its almost to the point of being completely bug free now. I've played through a few times now to the end without experiencing any bugs at all. Its Completely playable and might I say, I love it! Excellent level design and great placement of enemies. Intense boss fights too. Truly feels like an authentic Mega Man game. The most realistic fangame of Mega Man ever.

At this rate I would say we may see a release sometime by the end of June. Exciting times! I can't wait to see all you guys LP it.

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
Reply #414 on: June 01, 2013, 12:22:26 AM
Oh yea. It's going to be so much fun fail*cough*-er playing this game streaming it, seeing other people fa*cough* blind run the game. It's a pretty difficult game in my opinion, but it is fun nontheless.

Yea, I must be rusty. I admit I have failed so many times playing this game legitimately as an alpha tester. :P

Offline Zynk

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #415 on: June 01, 2013, 05:25:46 AM
I'm tagging for anticipation!   *o*

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
Reply #416 on: June 04, 2013, 05:59:32 AM
And so..... Phil is currently out of a job. Got laid off from his work, and so MM Unlimited can't be worked on any further.

That means the game is going to be FILLED with a lot of bugs. So, way to go. :P

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #417 on: June 05, 2013, 01:00:24 AM
aw man, talk about tripping on the home stretch  :|

Offline Yoku Man

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #418 on: June 05, 2013, 08:26:37 PM
I think NMario is making it sound worse than it is.

Phil's approached some new game companies for more work (cos unemployment sucks). Apparently, his potential employers had a requirement, he could work for them so long as he didn't have any side projects going. It sounds unfair but I bet this is common in the game industry, probably contractual obligations to help prevent conflicts of interest.

So all that really means is we'll have to release MMUnlimited earlier than expected. (Its kind of a good news/bad news thing). Of course this'll excite the fans that its coming sooner, but the bad news is, it may mean some bugs may more likely slip through our fingers, cos of the reduced amount of bug fixing time.

Nevertheless, I must say our team of bugfixers have so far done a bang up job. We could be being paranoid. We may get rid of every bug in time anyway!

Offline RetroRespecter

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #419 on: June 06, 2013, 04:05:15 AM
MegaPhil X is working for the gaming industry? Which gaming company is it?

Offline MagVanisher

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #420 on: June 06, 2013, 02:03:54 PM
MegaPhil X is working for the gaming industry? Which gaming company is it?

I guessing it's not Capcom... But anyways, looking forward for Unlimited despite the bugs. I hope someone would patch the game once it is released.

Offline thefallenalchemist

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #421 on: June 10, 2013, 05:00:31 PM
"I can safely say its almost to the point of being completely bug free now."

That's really good enough for me. N64 Mario talked about how damned hard it was, not looking forward to that part of the game but I'm sure with time I can finish it. I'm not going to judge Phil's character too much, but wouldn't it be better to finish this project before approaching another game company?

And why in the hell would Phil want to work for company X anyway? It is game COMPANIES that are ruining gaming. This corporate model is responsible for destroying the Mega Man franchise as it is. So Phil's going to work on some vanilla MMO or FPS because that's all that sells these days, instead of taking the independent initiative and coming up with something meritable? Pathetic. But I guess I can't blame a guy who's just trying to pay their bills, and as I've been told many times before... "Everyone has their price."

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #422 on: June 10, 2013, 05:19:37 PM
I do not believe a simple non-profit hobby constitutes a conflict of interest in any way, shape or form to the industry. :/ It's a sad affair really.

Offline SonicZH

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #423 on: June 11, 2013, 05:12:07 AM
It is a conflict of interest. As far as I know, some companies that I know of do not allow workers to work on their games or even mentioning of such policies to the public. Imagine if someone makes a non-profitable game similar to an existing game in the company, players would rather get the free game.
Hence, this is done by companies to protect their own technology and to avoid issues and complications. Hope this explains a little.

Offline Yoku Man

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #424 on: June 16, 2013, 09:41:11 PM
Mega Man Unlimited is now being tested with a Release Candidate. If all goes well, the game could be released in a few days from now.