why do most people hate on ps3 and sony?

mrkhan89 · 5521

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: January 23, 2013, 04:48:57 PM
Money.

Buying Three Consoles and Games for three consoles is expensive. Especially when games tend to cost $60.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: January 23, 2013, 05:24:46 PM
^ This right here.  :(  You never realize just how expensive [parasitic bomb] is until you yourself at the one paying for it.  T_T

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #27 on: January 23, 2013, 06:31:36 PM
What people should do is do more research about both systems and see that there's more to offer on each side than the obvious statements. I happen to own both systems and love pretty much every offering there, I tend to lean more towards the classics, arcade, shmups, Japanese and other fun games. ^^

Altho I just recently got into PS3, I already picked games I like and will start more arcade and shmups later.
http://www.psnprofiles.com/VixyNyan

My 360 collection is much more broad than that.
http://www.trueachievements.com/mygames.aspx?gamerid=284902

Also, both PSNProfiles and TrueAchievements has a wide list of games you can check out to see if they are interesting or not, but their purpose is more into collecting trophies or score for your account. XD

I don't hate PS3, I just hate how it's eff-ing region-free for games and the 360 is not. >8|

The 360 "is" region-free, but developers choose how to code the regions for each game. That's why some games can play on some consoles and others don't.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: January 23, 2013, 06:37:43 PM
I think Youtubers dun like Sony because of the whole music blocking thing.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: January 23, 2013, 07:01:38 PM

Besides, PC gamers hate all consoles.

Excuse me, no I don't.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: January 23, 2013, 07:03:06 PM
I hate their prices....

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #31 on: January 23, 2013, 07:13:13 PM
why only stick to one console? why not get both or all 3?

I own a Wii for 7 years AND an Xbox 360 S for 2 years, and my older brother owns a PS3 Slim (which I only use when he's out). Does that answer your question. /xbox360

-EDIT-
Altho I just recently got into PS3, I already picked games I like and will start more arcade and shmups later.
Mind if I recommend you Crescent Pale Mist, Acceleration of SUGURI, the Gundemonium series (doesn't have the awesome remixes of the Steam versions though), and Journey on PSN?

-EDIT 2
Excuse me, no I don't.
THIS pretty much summed up response to Pan's claims.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: January 23, 2013, 07:30:11 PM
Because people can totally yank hundreds of dollars out their asses for new consoles.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #33 on: January 23, 2013, 07:46:41 PM
-EDIT-Mind if I recommend you Crescent Pale Mist, Acceleration of SUGURI, the Gundemonium series (doesn't have the awesome remixes of the Steam versions though), and Journey on PSN?

But I already have those games on PS3 (Gundemonium series is on my Steam account too). :3

The games has to be started before getting added to the trophy list tho. o.o

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: January 23, 2013, 08:08:51 PM
Excuse me, no I don't.

Okay, most do.
But I'm pretty sure the scale of PC gamers who have relentlessly bashed consoles to those who have said otherwise is just a LITTLE bit tipped in a certain direction.

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: January 23, 2013, 08:16:48 PM
I think the only thing I truly consider better on PS3 is the sound it makes when trophies are unlocked. Otherwise I don't really care one way or the other. Between 360 and PS3 in particular, they're incredibly similar to me and I won't judge anyone for their own preference on the matter. Just go with whatever best suits you and all that.

But really, I think we all just need to set aside our differences and worship the obvious superiority of the Dreamcast master race.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: January 23, 2013, 08:26:14 PM
Because people can totally yank hundreds of dollars out their asses for new consoles.

Or be spoiled and get them for free as b-day or X-Mas gifts.  8D

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: January 23, 2013, 08:42:12 PM
Or be spoiled and get them for free as b-day or X-Mas gifts.  8D

Unless your family and friends are as broke as you are. 8D

Offline mrkhan89

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: January 23, 2013, 08:42:44 PM
I think the only thing I truly consider better on PS3 is the sound it makes when trophies are unlocked. Otherwise I don't really care one way or the other. Between 360 and PS3 in particular, they're incredibly similar to me and I won't judge anyone for their own preference on the matter. Just go with whatever best suits you and all that.

But really, I think we all just need to set aside our differences and worship the obvious superiority of the Dreamcast master race.

The dreamcast was amazing without a doubt and i really wish sega would come back to the console race and make a new console, if that were to happen i would just get the new sega console and forget about ps4 and xbox 720.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: January 23, 2013, 09:10:33 PM

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #40 on: January 24, 2013, 01:18:56 AM
why only stick to one console? why not get both or all 3?
Real life commitments and having to ration my time with even a single system's library is one reason.

But above all else: I'm cheap.

Even if I had the money, I could think of more games for my existing platforms to spend it on.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: January 24, 2013, 01:23:33 AM
But above all else: I'm cheap.

Even if I had the money, I could think of more games for my existing platforms to spend it on.
This is the reason we only just got a PS3, the money really, but we had the Wii for quite sometime and it and the PS2 have the biggest libraries.  The GameCube has a decent library while the library for the SNES and N64 is not impressive at all. 

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Archer

Reply #42 on: January 24, 2013, 01:33:34 AM

I do so on a regular basis.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: January 24, 2013, 01:37:06 AM
I'm usually pretty lucky with money and I don't have a job quiet yet, I bought my Wii myself.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection