why do most people hate on ps3 and sony?

mrkhan89 · 5502

Offline mrkhan89

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
on: January 22, 2013, 10:16:25 PM
from what i see is that all the people from the gaming sites especially the gaming media always seem to bash sony and the ps3, but they favor the 360 and other consoles more.

why do they do this? why all this fanboyism? i love the playstation brand and i don't understand why people would hate it, it brought so many good games to the table. I personally don't like Xbox because it's mostly full of first person shooters and i know it has some good jrpgs and some shmups but they are not really in my interest, besides these kind of games would feel more suitable on ps3 anyway because sony is a japanese company while microsoft is a american company, but aside from that, both companies have their weaknesses and strengths, i just wish Sony would do better in the marketing department. Nintendo on the other hand.... i just don't really care for anymore, because it looks like they don't really care for the hardcore players, even with the Wii-U, because it's still lacking some features that ps3 and 360 already have.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 10:18:39 PM
....seriously?

Seriously?

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 10:19:17 PM
its a thing called opinions and preference.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 10:19:53 PM
....seriously?

Seriously?
Console wars, they never make a lick of sense.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 10:23:30 PM
Console wars, they never make a lick of sense.

Especially considering the contradictory aspect of the first post

Offline mrkhan89

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 10:24:02 PM
its a thing called opinions and preference.

unfortunately on the gametrailers forums, having an opinion and preference is not allowed, they condemn it so much. -AC

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 10:25:00 PM
Especially considering the contradictory aspect of the first post
Which is also very common. :\

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 11:58:36 PM
I don't hate PS3, I just hate how it's eff-ing region-free for games and the 360 is not. >8|

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: January 23, 2013, 12:12:33 AM
A friend of mine keeps ramming the Xbox Live! Gold Membership annual fee down my throat every time I say I like the 360 more than the PS3.  Since you have to pay it to play online and such.

I can't say he doesn't have a point.  But there's just no games on the PS3 that I'm interested in.  Or substantially less.

Offline mrkhan89

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: January 23, 2013, 12:21:36 AM
A friend of mine keeps ramming the Xbox Live! Gold Membership annual fee down my throat every time I say I like the 360 more than the PS3.  Since you have to pay it to play online and such.

I can't say he doesn't have a point.  But there's just no games on the PS3 that I'm interested in.  Or substantially less.

ps3 has more exclusive games than 360 now, 360 only has halo pretty much i don't know any other game on 360 thats worth getting.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: January 23, 2013, 12:31:58 AM
I really can't find any sense in this post.

Besides, there are just as many PS3 fans relentlessly bashing the Xbox as there are those who hate the PS3. And your comment on Nintendo? Solidifies my point.
Let's break it down.

The PS3 has a lot of good RPGs, and some pretty good exclusives like Uncharted. Unfortunately it lacks much else.

The Xbox has a lot of great downloadable titles and also it's exclusives end up being ESPECIALLY good, but it also lacks a lot of titles in certain genres like platformers or RPGs.

And shut up. The Wii U is still a developing console and at least Nintendo's trying to get back the hardcore audience. And [tornado fang] off the Wii sold more than either of the other two.

Besides, PC gamers hate all consoles.

At any rate, there will be haters, no matter what. Best suck it up and get over it. I myself am fully capable of seeing what every console has to offer, and while I don't own a 360 or PS3, I'd still like to own both and actively play both, as I actively play on both my Wii and PC.

Offline mrkhan89

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: January 23, 2013, 12:45:08 AM
And shut up. The Wii U is still a developing console and at least Nintendo's trying to get back the hardcore audience. And [tornado fang] off the Wii sold more than either of the other two.

sorry  :( i didn't mean to be all serious in this thread

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: January 23, 2013, 12:47:29 AM
No apologies. I tend to get a little passionate about the console wars myself.

Archer

Reply #13 on: January 23, 2013, 01:16:07 AM
Anyone who defends the 360 deserves to be punched in the face because paying for online play is complete bullshit.

Offline mrkhan89

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: January 23, 2013, 01:27:17 AM
Anyone who defends the 360 deserves to be punched in the face because paying for online play is complete bullshit.

i agree with you 100% on this

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: January 23, 2013, 01:30:11 AM
Or you could not play online. Because why play with a bunch of whiny as [tornado fang] 12 year olds calling you an african american having oral intercourse with your mother's male genitalia when you could actually enjoy the game?

Archer

Reply #16 on: January 23, 2013, 01:35:25 AM
Or you could not play online. Because why play with a bunch of whiny as [tornado fang] 12 year olds calling you an african american having oral intercourse with your mother's male genitalia when you could actually enjoy the game?

games other than call of duty have online

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: January 23, 2013, 01:39:39 AM
games other than call of duty have online

Aware of that.
Doesn't change my point.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #18 on: January 23, 2013, 01:42:37 AM
...well, Pan isn't wrong.  Except for the fact that a lot of those games tend to have crappy single-player modes.

from what i see is that all the people from the gaming sites especially the gaming media always seem to bash sony and the ps3, but they favor the 360 and other consoles more.

why do they do this? why all this fanboyism? i love the playstation brand and i don't understand why people would hate it, it brought so many good games to the table. I personally don't like Xbox because it's mostly full of first person shooters and i know it has some good jrpgs and some shmups but they are not really in my interest, besides these kind of games would feel more suitable on ps3 anyway because sony is a japanese company while microsoft is a american company, but aside from that, both companies have their weaknesses and strengths, i just wish Sony would do better in the marketing department. Nintendo on the other hand.... i just don't really care for anymore, because it looks like they don't really care for the hardcore players, even with the Wii-U, because it's still lacking some features that ps3 and 360 already have.
...you seriously pulled the whole "neutral appreciation for consoles" card in the same post as "Nintendo doesn't care about hardcore gamers"?  Wow.  Okay.  Um...  I can't really refute that in any way that compensates for the complete shame that I feel for taking your line of logic seriously.  So...  Yeah.
*goes back to Fire Emblem*

I actually thought that the PS3 got away with the LEAST amount of fanboy hate across its generation.  I mean, yeah, all three parties got their fair share.  But most of it came from the whole casual-vs-HARDCOOOORE rift, and with all the flamethrowers aimed at Wii and Kinect, PS Move got away rather unscathed by comparison (although that may be because nobody cared about it enough to hate it).

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: January 23, 2013, 01:43:44 AM
You know I keep on forgetting PS Move even exists.

Offline mrkhan89

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: January 23, 2013, 01:49:49 AM
...well, Pan isn't wrong.  Except for the fact that a lot of those games tend to have crappy single-player modes.
...you seriously pulled the whole "neutral appreciation for consoles" card in the same post as "Nintendo doesn't care about hardcore gamers"?  Wow.  Okay.  Um...  I can't really refute that in any way that compensates for the complete shame that I feel for taking your line of logic seriously.  So...  Yeah.
*goes back to Fire Emblem*

I actually thought that the PS3 got away with the LEAST amount of fanboy hate across its generation.  I mean, yeah, all three parties got their fair share.  But most of it came from the whole casual-vs-HARDCOOOORE rift, and with all the flamethrowers aimed at Wii and Kinect, PS Move got away rather unscathed by comparison (although that may be because nobody cared about it enough to hate it).

i actually apologize for writing that because i got carried away, i didn't really know what the heck to say  :(

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: January 23, 2013, 01:54:03 AM

I agree, Shellie! It's similar to the 3DS vs. Vita thing. The 3DS was DOOMED and has succeeded while the Vita got very little to no DOOMED praise when it looks like it IS doomeded.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: January 23, 2013, 03:20:47 AM
Thing about the Vita is that it's in the same boat as the PSP. Let's face it. Sony's weakest suite is publicity. I, in all honesty, want a Vita. Buuuut the Vita is "DOOMED" just because Sony somehow got horrible at advertising their consoles and handhelds post-PS2.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #23 on: January 23, 2013, 03:48:39 PM

When did this thread go from "Let's discuss (alleged) PS3 bashings" to "Let's all bash the 360 and anyone that owns them"? Am I the only Xbox 360 owner here with a sound of mind?

Offline mrkhan89

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: January 23, 2013, 04:37:41 PM
When did this thread go from "Let's discuss (alleged) PS3 bashings" to "Let's all bash the 360 and anyone that owns them"? Am I the only Xbox 360 owner here with a sound of mind?

why only stick to one console? why not get both or all 3?