Align's "Tonality Project"

Align · 1764

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
on: November 06, 2011, 09:47:21 PM
If you've noticed that some songs segue well into each other despite being totally unrelated, chances are you're hearing two songs with the same tonality.

I discovered that using a certain winamp plugin, I can change the tonality of songs at will, and so I went and changed all of them (well, all songs in a few given soundtracks) to have the same tonality so there'd be no jarring feeling when scrolling through the soundtrack.

And now, you can hear it too!

Megaman X8

Posted on: 2011-11-06, 20:22:29
If you'd like to hear what a specific soundtrack would be like with this, ask away. I've already done (but not uploaded) these (so they would get uploaded fastest):
Bastion, Bionic Commando (3D), Castlevania - Judgement, Deus Ex (original & Human Revolution), Ghost Trick, Grandia, Marvel vs Capcom 1 & 3, X-Men - Children of the Atom, Megaman X5 & 8, Okamiden, (Super) Street Fighter IV, Suikoden II, Trine, UFO: Aftershock

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 09:52:01 PM
Damn I wish I knew what was going on.

But I'm no tone-technician and lack even the most fundamental knowledge of sound effects and music.

Also, I tried to access your channel, but YOutube told me it wasn't available.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 10:46:15 PM
Weird. Doesn't seem to be suspended or anything, and I can't find anything in the settings that would block access...