The Official RPM E3 2011 Discussion Thread (June 6 - 11, 2011) - It's Game Time.

Jericho · 37546

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile

It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year
With the new game announcements
And everyone's prouncement "E3 is HERE!"
It's the fap-faptastic weekend of all
With those company greetings as well as competing,
With charts for you all
It's the fap-faptastic weekend of all

There'll be lots of liveblogging
Sad fanboyish ogling
And games that will make you say "Whoa"
There'll be some disappointment
And people who will vent how
E3 kicked ass long ago

There'll be some gamers gloating
And minds will be floating
When all the crowds cheer.

There'll be lots of liveblogging
Sad fanboyish ogling
And games that will make you say "Whoa"
There'll be some disappointment
And people who will vent how
E3 kicked ass long ago

There'll be some gamers gloating
And minds will be floating
When all the crowds cheer.
It's The Most Wonderful Time
It's The Most Wonderful Time

Lyrics courtesy of RPM's egomaniac parodist Protoman Blues!

Yet Another Note From News Reporter Jelly

So RPM, I heard you liked video games. I heard you like hearing about the latest and greatest things coming from all sides of the globe in a giant audio visual cacophony the likes of which can only happen once per year. I heard you like to get hype, go crazy and most importantly have fun as all the big guys from Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft, Sega, Square, Capcom, Activision, EA, Konami, Atlus and countless others debut their wares and give us a glimpse into the future of this "little" hobby of ours. Well guys, with literally less than a day left until the beginning of this event, I think it's safe to say that E3 @ RPM is go. Welcome to the discussion thread and lounge for what may be the most interesting Electronic Entertainment Expo we've had in years. With two massive hardware launches in the wings, it's safe to say that there will be tons of material to talk about and speculate upon so for this incarnation of the lounge thread, I'd like to ask for help from both the members and mods of RPM to help fill in the massive amount of info that will be coming in from all sides while I try and keep this post up to date and organized for those of us who might have obligations that keep them from being constantly updated.

Finally, we know that for whatever reason, there can be some instances where folks let this season of awesome over hype themselves. This can also lead to really bad calls in judgement. I will only ask that before you think about doing something stupid or potentially stupid, heed these rules:

No flaming, no trolling, no psuedo trolling, no fanboy agendas, and no riling up folks. It'd be best if you all just kept whatever thoughts you had along those lines to yourself.

With that all said, kick back, relax and have fun with the rest of RPM!

White Hot Updates

Company Announcements

Capcom Trailer for Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition. Has GGPO, Youtube Sharing, Toggle-able Filter Effects and More. Summer 2011
● Reverge Labs' Skullgirls Fighter in-Depth Look (Part 1 || Part 2), New Character Walkthrough: "Peacock" and Peacock Testplay; Published By Konami and Tentatively Dated for 2011 Release[/url]

Microsoft

CDProjekt announces Witcher 2 coming to Xbox 360 Fall 2011.
Konami announces MGS HD collection including MGS2 and MGS3. In Japan, Peacewalker will be sold separately. Elsewhere, Peacewalker will be included in the collection.
Konami announces Zone of Enders HD collection including both games.
Forza 4 Revealed: over 500 cars, completely re-done graphics engine and more.  Releases October 11, 2011.
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim sweet new footage.
Insomniac reveals Overstrike, a new four-player co-op action game and the first Insomniac game to appear on 360 as well as PS3.
Halo 4 announced!  Watch the teaser trailer in HD here!
Halo 1: CE developed by Saber Interactive and Certain Affinity.  No separate MP component, Halo 1 maps are a Reach map pack.  Switch between classic and new visuals in real time.
Minecraft announced exclusively for 360.  Utilizes Kinect.
New Battlefield 3 Frostbite Engine trailer.  Looks astounding.
Check out the latest Mass Effect 3 gameplay video.  Game also is now confirmed to use Kinect to 'augment' conversations.
SSX has a new trailer showing its more tricky side.  Check it out.
Tomb Raider CG Trailer Released
Batman: Arkham City continues to look amazing in this Catwoman specific trailer.
Soul Calibur V is ready to re-enter the arena with this sizzling gameplay video.
Check out Hideo Kojima's new Fox Engine that will be used for current gen platforms.
Black Box is taking care of Need for Speed: The Run, which focuses on the world of underground racing.
Check out this latest teaser for Final Fantasy XIII-2

Kinect

Minecraft announced exclusively for 360.  Utilizes Kinect.
Check out the latest Mass Effect 3 gameplay video.  Game also is now confirmed to use Kinect to 'augment' conversations.
Star Wars Kinect Footage
EA announced that Fifa, Madden, Tiger Woods and another unannounced sports game will utilize Kinect.
Kinect Fun Labs is now available.  Enables finger tracking, body/clothing/object scanning, etc.
Dance Central 2 has been announced.  Allows players to port all of their songs from the first game as well as a 2 player multiplayer mode.
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier will utilize Kinect.  According to the video, it's for disassembling and reassembling weapons in some mode.
Kinect Sports: Season 2 announced.  Features even more mini-game versions of golf, baseball, skiing, darts, tennis and football.  Joy.
Peter Molyneux's Fable: The Journey announced; utilizes Kinect
Kinect Disneyland Adventures is announced
Crytek's Codename Kingdoms is a Kinect title; first-person Gladiator combat game called Ryse.

Nintendo

Sony

PlayStation 3

Konami announces MGS HD collection including MGS2 and MGS3. In Japan, Peacewalker will be sold separately. Elsewhere, Peacewalker will be included in the collection.
Konami announces Zone of Enders HD collection including both games.
Konami announces Silent Hill HD collection including Silent Hill 2 and 3. (Platforms unclear but will include at least PS3)
Insomniac reveals Overstrike, a new four-player co-op action game and the first Insomniac game to appear on 360 as well as PS3.
New Battlefield 3 Frostbite Engine trailer.  Looks astounding.
Check out the latest Mass Effect 3 gameplay video.
Check out the CG Tomb Raider gore and [parasitic bomb] video.  At least I think it's Tomb Raider - doesn't resemble any TR game I ever played
Batman: Arkham City continues to look amazing in this Catwoman specific trailer.
Soul Calibur V is ready to re-enter the arena with this sizzling gameplay video.
Resistance 3 looks like a return to form for the series, and it seeks to prove it by showcasing its multiplayer bona fides.
Check out Hideo Kojima's new Fox Engine that will be used for current gen platforms.
Black Box is taking care of Need for Speed: The Run, which focuses on the world of underground racing.
Check out this latest E3 trailer for Final Fantasy XIII-2.  Yeah.
Ubisoft and Ancel's Rayman Origins is about the most beautiful game yet shown at E3 2011.  Mind blowing.
Ubisoft announces Far Cry 3, a return to the jungle and style of the first game.  Images and more at link.
Ubisoft announces Brother in Arms: Furious Four, and Inglourious Bastards riff with takes a more dudebro approach to the franchise.  Video here.
People have been murmuring about the new direction for Hitman, so now you can check it out for yourself in this video of Hitman Absolution.
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception has a collector's edition in the works.  Check it out here.  Also launch for media and more.
Sony San Diego's action RPG, Ruin, will be simultaneously released on Vita and PS3 and includes cross platform play.
New collection revealed - this time it's God of War Origins Collection, which includes Ghost of Sparta and Chains of Olympus from PSP remastered in 3D for the PS3.
It has now been revealed that Dust 514 will be exclusive to PS3.  All sorts of info in this topic.
Check out this new video for Gotham City Impostors.
●  New Star Trek game trailer to coincide with the new Abrams movie.
After all those gameplay videos, I'm a bit surprised they went with this rather underwhelming CG Starhawk trailer.
Saint's Row: The Third will have exclusive mode on PS3.
And they also scored exclusive Battlefield 3 content.  Yay exclusive content!
Looking for something for MOVE?  Zindagi Games has a new title called Medieval Moves, which is essentially an on-rails *sigh* arcade weapon gallery.
Finally! After that teaser with the Sly Collection months ago, Sly 4 was finally revealed and it's being developed by Sanzaru Games, the ones responsible for Secret Agent Clank and the Sly Collection.

PS Vita

Konami announces Silent Hill: Book of Memories. No further information available besides name and platform.
PSP Vita Wi-Fi model will be available for 24,980 yen (including tax) in Japan, $249 in US and euro 249 in Europe, 3G/Wi-Fi model will be available for 29,980 yen (including tax) in Japan, $299 in US and euro 299 in Europe and successively launch in global market starting the end of 2011.
Capcom announces Street Fighter X Tekken for NGP, featuring Cole from inFAMOUS as a bonus fighter.
An Vanillaware game called Dragon's Crown was shown during the PS Vita Footage Reel.  Skip to 3:30 for the footage.  Looked stunning.
PSP Vita will utilize AT&T exclusively for their 3G Service
Irrational game announces an original Bioshock title for Vita.  No images or footage.
Super Stardust Delta looks as hectic as usual, utilizing the Vita's technology to stunning effect.
I'm not sure how many of you are interested in Hustle Kings for the Vita, but here's impressions anyway.
Here's IGN talkin' up the most arresting Vita original title, Sound Shapes.  Impressions, images and video at link.
Of all the Vita titles revealed, Little Deviants seems to be utilizing the features of the platform to greatest effect.  Impressions and more at link.
And of course the lineup would not be complete without mention of Uncharted: Golden Abyss.  Please, spare the [acid burst] jokes.  All sorts of media here.
Sony San Diego's action RPG, Ruin, will be simultaneously released on Vita and PS3 and includes cross platform play.
Not that anyone asked for more ModNation Racers, but there is a new and improved version coming for the Vita.  Lots of info at link

PC

GOG announces they've signed EA to their service, and will release 25+ games from their catalogue over the next several months. System Shock and Syndicate are specifically not included. The first releases are Ultima Underworld 1+2, Dungeon Keeper, and Wing Commander: Privateer. Next up: Crusader No Remorse, Alpha Centauri, Magic Carpet.
CDProjekt announces free DLC for Witcher that adds additional hairstyles.
New Battlefield 3 Frostbite Engine trailer.  Looks astounding.
Check out the latest Mass Effect 3 gameplay video.

Major Presentation Schedules, Live Blogging & Feeds

Schedule of Events

Streams
GameTrailers: http://www.gametrailers.com/e3/
GameSpot: http://e3.gamespot.com/live
IGN:  http://www.ign.com/events/e3
YouTube (IGN Partnership): http://www.youtube.com/user/E3
1UP: http://www.1up.com/e3/
G4tv Online: http://www.g4tv.com/e3-2011/
Nintendo: http://e3.nintendo.com/

*NEW! RPM E3 IRC Channel Link (Direct Link for IRC capable programs)

The Laugh Reel

Links and further updates coming soon!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 05:28:47 AM by Jericho »

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reposting from old thread.

E3 rumors and spoilers of the conference(s). DON'T read this if you want to enjoy the conferences, and take these with a grain of salt.

[spoiler=Serious Time!]

tl;dr

New system called "Current" now.
SMW3!!! 0v0
Smash Bros 4, Mario Kart~ <3
Yet ANOTHER Kid Icarus! owo
Another DKC game! ^^
Contra, Castlevania, Gradius~ <3
A Snatcher look-a-like game! O:[/spoiler]

By the way, Round Cactus was right about the 3DS specs and predictions a year back, so most of these could be true too. And people working at ESRB has been leaking information too. ^^;

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
You know what's crazy about the Round Cactus stuff to me? Initially, I wrote it all the hell off just because I didn't want to believe in anything and let E3 come and wow me. Now though, this guy might just be the only person bringing the extra dosage of nitro needed to make the hype train interstellar at this point. XD

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Someone please remind me what song I should be thinking of when singing the E3 song :(

Anyways, I can't be the only one that really really REALLY wants the Cafe name to stick, can I?

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Someone please remind me what song I should be thinking of when singing the E3 song :(

Anyways, I can't be the only one that really really REALLY wants the Cafe name to stick, can I?

The X-Mas song of the same name! XD

Also, I want Nintenterprise, but I like the rumored name too.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Nah, looks like I'm out like always.
Just saying in advance, that i'm looking forward to seeing the highlights tomorrow, Jer.

Nintendo's always the one to get my attention. The whole name thing will probably wear off like the Wii did, but I'm still going to be calling their new hardware Café for a good while.
And as much as Sony is worse for wear at the moment, i'm definitely interested in seeing more of Wipeout and Twisted Metal.

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
The X-Mas song of the same name! XD

Well, when it comes to music I'm more ignorant than like 90% of people >.>

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Well, when it comes to music I'm more ignorant than like 90% of people >.>

I must teach you then, Taiyo. But not here....not now...  -_-

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
I must teach you then, Taiyo. But not here....not now...  -_-

Remind me of this post. It gave me a nice mental image which I now wanna draw.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Remind me of this post. It gave me a nice mental image which I now wanna draw.

I shall remind you, Acid.

More rumors.

Could ‘Beem’ be Project Café’s real name?

If so, then someone needs to post the sound bite of Smash Bros. ROB Kirby yelling "BEEEEEEEM!"  8D

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
If so, then someone needs to post the sound bite of Smash Bros. ROB Kirby yelling "BEEEEEEEM!"  8D

Heh, first thing that came to my mind just now was Bleem. XD

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reposting from old thread.

E3 rumors and spoilers of the conference(s). DON'T read this if you want to enjoy the conferences, and take these with a grain of salt.

[spoiler=Serious Time!]

tl;dr

New system called "Current" now.
SMW3!!! 0v0
Smash Bros 4, Mario Kart~ <3
Yet ANOTHER Kid Icarus! owo
Another DKC game! ^^
Contra, Castlevania, Gradius~ <3
A Snatcher look-a-like game! O:[/spoiler]

By the way, Round Cactus was right about the 3DS specs and predictions a year back, so most of these could be true too. And people working at ESRB has been leaking information too. ^^;
Armored Core on Nintendo?  INCONCEIVABLE!

Mario World 3 with Yoshi as your main non-pipe distance travel (basically having the importance of Epona in Twilight Princess) sounds all kinds of frikkin' sweet.

Gotta have a new Smash, and I *STILL* miss my Mewtwo...

The "jump in" idea for their online setup sounds sweet, as does the Pokemon RPG.

The "hold off on holiday release" incentive concerns me.  It seems like Nintendo did that for the 3DS launch and it just bit everyone in the rear.  But, we'll see.  If it means their games have time for an extra bit of polish, then any day of the year works just as well.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Nintendo: Server Breached, No Data Lost

Nintendo was targeted in a recent online data attack, but no personal or company information was lost, the Japanese maker of the Wii game console said Sunday.

The server of an affiliate of Nintendo Co.'s U.S. unit was accessed unlawfully a few weeks ago, but there was no damage, company spokesman Ken Toyoda said.

"There were no third-party victims," Toyoda said, while declining to elaborate. "But it is a fact there was some kind of possible hacking attack."

The damage from what could be a recent spate of such data breaches targeting big-name brands was more serious at rival Sony Corp.

Sony has said massive personal information, including email addresses, names and birth dates, and involving more than 100 million users, is suspected of having been stolen after security was compromised in April for its network service for the PlayStation 3 game machine, for other online services and, in the past week, from Sony Pictures' website.

It is still unclear who is behind the attacks at Sony or Nintendo, based in Kyoto.
Hackers calling themselves Lulz Security, a reference to the Internetspeak for "laugh out loud," have recently boasted of compromising more than 1 million users' personal information.

Tokyo-based Sony has said it is strengthening security measures. It has contacted the FBI and other authorities for an investigation into the cyber attacks.

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
I just had a creepy thought the other day...

Imagine if the NGP's games were only PSN store only.  :\

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
At times like these I'm glad Nintendo isn't moronic enough to link your credit card to your gaming account.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
I just had a creepy thought the other day...

Imagine if the NGP's games were only PSN store only.  :\

The Go failed SO BAD that I really doubt they'll do that. Of course, who knows =/

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
At times like these I'm glad Nintendo isn't moronic enough to link your credit card to your gaming account.

Heh, aren't wii all!

The Go failed SO BAD that I really doubt they'll do that. Of course, who knows =/

Well, that was only a partial reason the GO failed, but yeah I doubt they do it again.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
AWWWWW

SHIEEEEEET

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
So, real or fake?

http://nintendo3dsblog.com/leaked-image-of-super-mario-3ds

Looks real to me, but at the same time the level design looks a little cluttered/sloppy. Can't quite put my finger on it.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
It looks bland, is what it looks like. Not exactly something Nintendo is known for, so if it's real it better be early concept stages.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Check the link again. Turns out it's fake after all.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
More rumors.

Could ‘Beem’ be Project Café’s real name?
Not sure if I like that name to be honest. :\

But then again, Im still wishing the Wii was named "Revolution" because it just sounds cool. So don't mind me.

New Smash bros? that would be pretty sweet.

MAYBE WE CAN GET MEGA MAN THIS TIME.

Who am i kidding. it's never gonna happen.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
There's also the rumor from Game Informer that's it going to be simply Nintendo. I think I'd like it.