The Cartoon Collective of RPM

Protoman Blues · 34200

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
on: November 25, 2008, 01:15:44 AM
Well, I've been meaning to revive this topic for a while now, although I wish it was under better circumstances though.

Fox Abandons Saturday Morning Cartoons in 2009

Sigh...

Once again, this is truly showing the end of an era.  I mean granted, Fox Kids has been pretty unwatchable for a long time now, but still, Protoman Blues just got a little nostalgic and remembered all the great times he had watching Fox Kids, back in the day.  Hell, even before Fox Kids on Saturday Mornings, Fox was a great place for cartoons.  Fox were the original channels of Thundercats, Batman: The Animated Series, Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, X-Men, as well as such other gems like Eek the Cat, Bobby's World, Power Rangers, and probably others which I am forgetting at this point in time.  Sure, they had their ups and downs, but it was still a great place for kick ass cartoons back in the day.  But now, as of next year, Saturday Morning Cartoons on Fox will be replaced with Infomercials or other such non-Sat. Morning Cartoon goodness.  There's a part of me which is glad to see it put out of it's misery, but still, it's pretty sad considering what it once was. 

*raises up Glass of Mango Lemonade* So here's to you, former Fox Saturday Morning Cartoon run.  Thanx for making Saturday Mornings more enjoyable and bowls of Honey Nut Cheerios taste better with your glorious run throughout the years of my childhood.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 02:14:25 AM
Fox's Saturday morning run is gone.. Now I find it that hyper pacifists are forcing kids to go outside, by killing off saturday morning cartoons and replacing it with more crap, another good reason I gave up on Television. (I feel teens are getting more and more forced into gangsta territory, wich teens can be as easily as infuinced as kids)

EDIT: I just read one of the comments, and that was messed up on the sequel report. "Kids are now being forced to grow up too soon." And beh, guess I better set the stations for hours of end-on gags from Family Guy and The Simpsons clones on the major networks, while having Fail TV on Toon Disney, Disney, Cartoon Network, CW, And Nick Toons. (I just LOVE the interwebs!)

And not to [acid burst] off anime fans, but I think it's cultrual takeover I also find responsible, hence why we are seeing more anime-based shows on stations and DVDs every 10 months.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 02:25:01 AM

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOR!?!?

When was the last time I poked you guys...

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 02:35:14 AM
Damn, it's like the era of the cartoon is really being gunned down at this point...

*sigh* Ah well, that's just more motivation to find torrents and DVDs of all my past shows now.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 02:39:47 AM
Man I really wish I could of seen those old cartoons.  Why did WB and Fox put those sucky cartoons in?

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 25, 2008, 02:41:50 AM
Man I really wish I could of seen those old cartoons.  Why did WB and Fox put those sucky cartoons in?

Times changed and so did the quality and audience I'm afraid. :\

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #6 on: November 25, 2008, 02:43:16 AM
I still support my theory of never ending pile of cut-in gags, total drama nonsense that plays on the air AKA soaps, and cultral takeover to be responsible. oh, and pacifists.

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 25, 2008, 02:54:53 AM
Times changed and so did the quality and audience I'm afraid. :\

At least there's still Boomerang, except here where they replaced it with a [tornado fang]ing awful Boomerang that has NOTHING to do with your Boomerang, at all. God I [tornado fang]ing hate whoever made that choice =_=

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #8 on: November 25, 2008, 02:58:57 AM
Okay, Taiyo, how bad is your lineup on your Boomerang, I barely watch TV anymore.

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: November 25, 2008, 03:00:02 AM
At least there's still Boomerang, except here where they replaced it with a [tornado fang]ing awful Boomerang that has NOTHING to do with your Boomerang, at all. God I [tornado fang]ing hate whoever made that choice =_=

Still, it's never gonna be quite the same. More so, they're adding more and more shows to Boomerang that could be hardly considered classics now. Ugh, no wonder I stopped watching TV 3-4 months ago.  X(

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: November 25, 2008, 03:01:32 AM
They apparently want to make things "kid safe" but it should be the reponsiblity of the parent to just either turn off the TV, watch and explain things they don't understand or block out channels it's that simple and the kid should know due to the laws of physics the stunts on cartoons will cause you pain or something like that and also listen too your parent when he or she says "it's not safe, don't do it".

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: November 25, 2008, 03:02:16 AM
That sounds like too much work for today's parents.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: November 25, 2008, 03:03:35 AM
Yeah I know it is but it's pretty much the reason they do this.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #13 on: November 25, 2008, 03:04:40 AM

Indeed, most parents nowadays are either celebs that force thier kids to being superstars, (Explains Hannah Montana) or fat slobs that just watch TV-Drama and Gameshows all day, and my dad said that they are easier to produce!  :'(

Offline Asvel

• Erasurehead
  • Resistance Member
  • It's always '80s week when I'm around
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: November 25, 2008, 03:06:56 AM
I didn't really watch Saturday morning Fox, but I watched the hell out of Toonami (R.I.P.) and Cartoon Cartoon Fridays (which I'm not sure if it's dead or just a festering pile of Camp Lazlo). I remember watching Animaniacs when I was really little, though. Goodbye, Saturday Morning Cartoons. Now all we have left is educational crap on CBS.

It's an Animation Age ghetto for sure. Oh, the times.

She loves the night and all that glitters
Her name in lights across the city
Don't you mess your life up Sunday girl

~Erasure

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #15 on: November 25, 2008, 03:10:19 AM

You mean.. fancy-shmanchy CGI cartoons and anime?  8D *shot*
Yeah, I don't need CGI crap that's making cartoons fancy and generic. now our generation's youth will be growing up as mobsters.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: November 25, 2008, 03:11:06 AM
(which I'm not sure if it's dead or just a festering pile of Camp Lazlo)

Oh, it's dead, unless you consider "Har Har Tharsdays" (actual name) a worthy successor, in which case remove your presence from my sight. XD

You mean.. fancy-shmanchy CGI cartoons and anime?  8D *shot*
Yeah, I don't need CGI crap that's making cartoons fancy and generic.

PIXAR [chameleon sting]er! >D

Translation: Don't knock the medium, knock the people who can't use it effectively.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: November 25, 2008, 03:13:14 AM
Indeed, most parents nowadays are either celebs that force thier kids to being superstars, (Explains Hannah Montana) or fat slobs that just watch TV-Drama and Gameshows all day, and my dad said that they are easier to produce!  :'(
Well Celebraties don't really know much about the real world now a days (I mean like the kid stars and singers and maybe some of the jocks) and if I was one I would never ever force my kid to do something they don't want to do.  As for lazy people well...yeah they're on their own.

I didn't really watch Saturday morning Fox, but I watched the hell out of Toonami (R.I.P.) and Cartoon Cartoon Fridays (which I'm not sure if it's dead or just a festering pile of Camp Lazlo). I remember watching Animaniacs when I was really little, though. Goodbye, Saturday Morning Cartoons. Now all we have left is educational crap on CBS.

Oh I how missed those days with, Power Puff Girls, Dexter, Johnny Bravo, Cow and Chicken etc and Toonami is the reason I watch anime today.  I only watch Cartoon Network and Nick because I really have nothing else much to watch when it come to cartoons.  Lucky they rarely show Camp Lazlo now and replaced it with Courage reruns which I don't mind.  I wish they showed the Power Puff Girls Z anime though.

Offline Asvel

• Erasurehead
  • Resistance Member
  • It's always '80s week when I'm around
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: November 25, 2008, 03:13:26 AM
Oh, it's dead, unless you consider "Har Har Tharsdays" (actual name) a worthy successor, in which case remove your presence from my sight. XD

You have got to be [tornado fang]ing kidding me.

She loves the night and all that glitters
Her name in lights across the city
Don't you mess your life up Sunday girl

~Erasure

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #19 on: November 25, 2008, 03:13:34 AM

"Har Har Tharsdays" are more like "Fail Fail Failsdays". It plays Chowder in a full hour, Total Drama Island for a full hour, and Flapjack. [tornado fang]ing Flapjack. <- It's a Drunk's show, it's about PIRATES!  8D

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: November 25, 2008, 03:13:55 AM
Give me my Samurai Jack, that was bearable, but take my classic anime and you've torn my soul into shreds.
you've torn my soul into shreds
.. Nevermind, Cartoon Network already did this.  >_<

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: November 25, 2008, 03:15:30 AM

I am so [tornado fang]ing serious. I almost slap my brother and sisters when I see them watching the drivel on during those days.

Also, you know what I find hilarious? People watching reruns of Spider-man 1 (Live Action) on CN because "there's nothing better on". XD

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: November 25, 2008, 03:17:15 AM
It amazes me my brother enjoys all of those, I just can't find a reason to like them. Sure, a laugh here and there, but that doesn't mean they aren't crap.

Also, you know what I find hilarious? People watching reruns of Spider-man 1 (Live Action) on CN because "there's nothing better on".

Well, that's sadly true at times.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #23 on: November 25, 2008, 03:17:27 AM

Whas that Comedic Jamacian really necessary..?  :V *on guard*

Yeah, TV's dead folks, it's now for the infants and the elderly. plus retarded kids, and drama lovers.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: November 25, 2008, 03:18:51 AM
"Har Har Tharsdays" are more like "Fail Fail Failsdays". It plays Chowder in a full hour, Total Drama Island for a full hour, and Flapjack. [tornado fang]ing Flapjack. <- It's a Drunk's show, it's about PIRATES!  8D
I don't mind Chowder and TDI (I don't know why I like TDI I just find it funny to me)  but Flapjack is so bad I mean I'm pretty sure when Flapjack grows up he will be gay and maybe K'nuckles is a pedo.  

Give me my Samurai Jack, that was bearable, but take my classic anime and you've torn my soul into shreds.
And bring back Megas XLR while your at it.  As for regular Cartoon Network bring back Time Squad I took that show for granted and now I miss it, you never know what you have until it's gone.