JEH's a cheater

someguy233 · 6508

Offline someguy233

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
on: June 09, 2009, 06:22:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpqaE22S6hw&NR=1

I noticed the single crash bomb technique used for Dr Wily ship pt two but he uses all his ammo on the shooting wall boss.  I could at sympathize if he showed us that it is possible to leave one crash bomb ammo after the fight (is it!).  I would post a video response of me successfully doing it but I live in stupid Korea and am blocked from ever doing anything.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 06:43:05 AM

I noticed the single crash bomb technique used for Dr Wily ship pt two but he uses all his ammo on the shooting wall boss.  I could at sympathize if he showed us that it is possible to leave one crash bomb ammo after the fight (is it!).  I would post a video response of me successfully doing it but I live in stupid Korea and am blocked from ever doing anything.
-AC And Why is he a cheater again?

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 06:56:11 AM

Wait, what? I don't even fully understand. What Crash Bomb technique are you talking about? All he used was the mega buster at every point up until Alien Wily, and beating him with the Buster would actually count as cheating. Did you link the right video?

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 06:59:07 AM
Wait, what? I don't even fully understand. What Crash Bomb technique are you talking about? All he used was the mega buster at every point up until Alien Wily, and beating him with the Buster would actually count as cheating. Did you link the right video?
I don´t think so....oh wait, now I know what he is talking about...
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=543EABF634183136

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 07:08:19 AM
So let me get this straight: there's some technique that allows you to only shoot once, yet hit multiple times, right? And the guy used up all of his ammo fighting the boss in the previous level so you're questioning how he managed to get ammo or whatever, right?

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 07:24:49 AM
you do realize he's not doing this all in one go, right? between Wily 4 and 5, he killed himself to refill his weapon energy.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline someguy233

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 09, 2009, 08:41:16 AM
I understand it's not all in one go, but a no-hit run runthrough should demonstrate that you could theoretically beat each level using your previous ammunition.  You would actually have to lose all your lives and continue, which would definately make a no hit run through null and void.

I've been rendering a video for my megaman 1 no hit, buster only pre wily stage run through and found many codec issues.  The videos he uploaded have poor framerate transfers, which is why you see robots dissapearing frequently, more often than just normal acceptable lag.  The wall-shooter boss is just awful.  I suspect it's because he does not have too much knowledge of video rendering.  No doubt it's difficult to do, theres a lot of experimenting.  I recommend using Radius codec with 300 kbps data rate and 30 fps.  When you render the game using Nestopias AVI default is uses keyframes of 15 and renders at 60 fps. However, if you put it through an editor and re-render at 60-fps itll be all funked up.  If you rendering it using NTSC or PAL quality it will also interrupt frames.

I would like to point out that a single crash bomb can be used on the upper left hand side to take out the wall and the orb-thing.  This can leave you the one single crash bomb you need to defeat wily for a perfect no-hit run.  I think this is important to address!  If you couldn't conserve this one crash bomb, there would be absolutely no theoretical way to beat the game without getting hit!  I think the programmer knew this. Mega man is deep.

Once I get these files are straightened out I would like to share a happy playthrough bonus surprise!

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #7 on: June 09, 2009, 12:33:29 PM
I changed to mp4, h264 codec at 500 kbps (or higher) and 60 fps.
Look in a topic called video test in the General Board.
You will see how good it is. :3

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: June 09, 2009, 01:57:11 PM
I understand it's not all in one go, but a no-hit run runthrough should demonstrate that you could theoretically beat each level using your previous ammunition.  You would actually have to lose all your lives and continue, which would definately make a no hit run through null and void.

I've been rendering a video for my megaman 1 no hit, buster only pre wily stage run through and found many codec issues.  The videos he uploaded have poor framerate transfers, which is why you see robots dissapearing frequently, more often than just normal acceptable lag.  The wall-shooter boss is just awful.  I suspect it's because he does not have too much knowledge of video rendering.  No doubt it's difficult to do, theres a lot of experimenting.  I recommend using Radius codec with 300 kbps data rate and 30 fps.  When you render the game using Nestopias AVI default is uses keyframes of 15 and renders at 60 fps. However, if you put it through an editor and re-render at 60-fps itll be all funked up.  If you rendering it using NTSC or PAL quality it will also interrupt frames.

I would like to point out that a single crash bomb can be used on the upper left hand side to take out the wall and the orb-thing.  This can leave you the one single crash bomb you need to defeat wily for a perfect no-hit run.  I think this is important to address!  If you couldn't conserve this one crash bomb, there would be absolutely no theoretical way to beat the game without getting hit!  I think the programmer knew this. Mega man is deep.

Once I get these files are straightened out I would like to share a happy playthrough bonus surprise!
Ofcourse he knows about the crash bomb issue... He´s just using the harder way to beat a boss if they can´t be killed with the m-buster...

Offline someguy233

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: June 09, 2009, 03:48:21 PM
I changed to mp4, h264 codec at 500 kbps (or higher) and 60 fps.
Look in a topic called video test in the General Board.
You will see how good it is. :3

nice video.  I am definitely converting my final projecting into mp4 (even tho divx is higher quality and better use of space). people just wont DL plugins anymore.  The issue I'm having is that the program I'm using to edit video doesn't output mp4. I use sony vegas 6.

Since we're on the topic, whenever I rendered my videos at 60 fps per sec they get all blurry. If I adjust it to 30 fps and use the data rate I mentioned I see very little loss in quality from the original avi.  Is mega man NES played in 30 fps but rendered in 60?  I know that the framerate of video games does not necessary mean the same thing as the refresh rate.  I learned this when outputting Dr Wily on MM1, and seeing his bullets disappear in some instances.  What I have now is great but if anyone has a good avi codec and setting recommendation plz share.  I also don't understand why the avi files from the nestopia output is way less than when I output a radius avi with a 60 fps using the same settings. Oh and I took higher quality audio into account :-P

Thanks for your post.  

PS yeah i understand the damn point of JEHs video its very helpful it gives me strategies on the boss but what I want to drive home here is that megaman 2 was ALMOST UNBEATABLE when taking no damage. The only way it can be done is by knowing both crash bomb tricks.  if you overlooked that point good I hope you missed out.  Go play .exe or something.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: June 09, 2009, 05:01:15 PM
NES games are running at 60 fps. Any codec should work just fine. o.o
I use Xvid, TechSmith and h264. All of them can encode 60 fps. ^^

I could at sympathize if he showed us that it is possible to leave one crash bomb ammo after the fight (is it!).
I would post a video response of me successfully doing it but I live in stupid Korea and am blocked from ever doing anything.

I'll help you with that. ^^
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 05:39:51 PM by VixyNyan »

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: June 10, 2009, 10:52:52 AM
I'm sorry, I'm still having trouble trying to keep up with your issue here.

Are you saying that by using the crash bombs he violated the whole mega buster/no damage thing?

Offline someguy233

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: June 10, 2009, 12:10:32 PM
I'm sorry, I'm still having trouble trying to keep up with your issue here.

Are you saying that by using the crash bombs he violated the whole mega buster/no damage thing?

no. figure it out.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: June 10, 2009, 07:51:40 PM
no. figure it out.

Then in that case, you're an idiot. You don't want to bother explaining what you're complaining about, and you link to the wrong video in the first place, so obviously if you don't care about the problem even after going through this much effort to complain about SOMETHING, then why the hell should I?

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: June 10, 2009, 07:54:31 PM
+5 Respect

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Aresian

Reply #15 on: June 10, 2009, 08:05:43 PM
Go play .exe or something.

He clearly meant this offensively. >_>

Therefore, I quit the game... or this topic anyway. *leaves after pointlessly posting*

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: June 11, 2009, 12:16:02 AM
I feel a sudden urge to send some PAIN SERIES to this guy on PM.
Nothing is better than some PAIN SERIES for a foolishly foolish mind of a foolish fool.

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: June 11, 2009, 02:31:57 AM
I feel a sudden urge to send some PAIN SERIES to this guy on PM.
Nothing is better than some PAIN SERIES for a foolishly foolish mind of a foolish fool.
PAIN SERIES
PAIN SERIES

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: June 11, 2009, 03:22:03 AM
nya~ >v< I laughed!

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: June 11, 2009, 03:29:17 AM
foolishly foolish mind of a foolish fool.

Offline SoloUnit315

• Net Navi
  • M-308 Gun Master
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: June 11, 2009, 08:12:19 PM
I know exactly what he's complaining about, if it's any constilation. He's saying that the man posted a "no hit run" yet he ran out of ammo of crash grenades on a previous wiley level, after which your ammo doesn't get replenished unlike after robot master levels. He magically got his ammo back in the next level, which would be impossible without collecting ammo before hand, and by magically I mean by killing himself, as someone previously stated. Technically, yes that would be cheating, but only VERY technically so. I don't see the big deal if he can make it through every level without being hit of his own accord using nothing but a rock buster and crash bombs, because I can't even using every weapon in my arsenal.

Sometimes being the bigger man means holding the bigger weapon!

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: June 11, 2009, 08:20:10 PM
He's saying that the man posted a "no hit run" yet he ran out of ammo of crash grenades on a previous wiley level, after which your ammo doesn't get replenished unlike after robot master levels.

that's the problem with the argument right there. the video isn't an example of beating the game without taking a hit, dieing, or using weapons unless absolutely necessary. the video, as described in the author's comments, is beating all the bosses with those restricitions. what he did in between bosses is anyone's guess, but it's also irrelevant to the goals of the challenge.

Offline SoloUnit315

• Net Navi
  • M-308 Gun Master
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: June 11, 2009, 08:36:59 PM
The problem with the arguement is that there shouldn't be an arguement. Plain and simple. It's a game, even if he did cheat, so what? Who is JEH, and why do I care if he's a cheater? There are cheaters all over the internet, it's just better to overlook them, especially if you end up being wrong in the long run.

Sometimes being the bigger man means holding the bigger weapon!

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: June 11, 2009, 08:43:08 PM
Who is JEH, and why do I care if he's a cheater?

THis is actually what I've been wondering since this topic was made.

And with that, this thread served its purpose. We don't need it any longer.