Rockman X Over, a portable Social RPG, coming to a phone near you.

VixyNyan · 39355

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
In time before the 25th anniversary of the Rockman series, Capcom has recently put up a webpage for their next Rockman game project, simply titled Rockman X Over.

Announced for the iPhone 3GS, 4 and 4S, this Social RPG is a side-scrolling action game that will come out sometime in the later parts of 2012.

All the Rockman universes has been put together into the world of Rockman X Over, simply known as Xover World (pronounced Crossover World). All the Rockman characters, as well as Dr. Wily, Sigma and other characters, has been confined in the gap between successive space-time by the hands of the bad guys. Because of this crisis, Dr. Light and Dr. Cossack has together built a new robot, that uses "Battle Memory" scattered across the worlds of Rockman X Over, to fight familiar enemies and bosses, to strengthen itself with infinite possibilities.

Players will be able to fight evil in this world with this new type of robot, to create your own "Rockman" and keep peace in the world with friends!

Source: Famitsu App, Akira

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Archer

You're too slow!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
I guess this is supposed to be Rockman Online lite...? Since Rockman Online will most likely never happen?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
I guess this is supposed to be Rockman Online lite...? Since Rockman Online will most likely never happen?

Looks like it.

(I noticed that, while Trigger is present, his art is the smallest of all the Megamen's. Rather depressing) This had better be a huge step up from X1-iOS, controls-wise at least, and this had CERTAINLY better not be Capcom's only game-related anniversary effort.

edit: oh, and Dr. Cossack finally reappeared, though it's too early to tell whether or not it'll matter.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Social RPG's are pretty much the best way to kill things off.
Watch the game be free, and nobody buy the gold packages.

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline kosmos

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
If they want to go social, why not a facebook game?, this looks like [parasitic bomb], like MMX looked in iOS too.

I was expecting nothing but goods for the 25th anniversary, and so far it looks like that is going to be the case. How hard can it be to do something decent, a collection of some type for 3DS or Vita for example.

It's sad to watch Inti Creates developing pointless games while Rockman is dying.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
The prospect of a Mega Man crossover should be exciting. This really isn't. It doesn't even look like a crossover, just a half assed Mega Man clone.

It's what I feared Capcom would do for the 25th; scramble something together quickly just to have something there. Well you know what, I think we would've been better off with nothing for the 25th anniversary. We're still in a healing period after you know what got cancelled. They should've waited till they had something that would really impress us, or at least put an iota of effort into. You can't just [parasitic bomb] something out and call it water under the bridge.

Call me back when someone at Capcom actually gets the picture. Or when the bigwigs choke on all the money they're undoubtedly going to get for Resident Evil 6. Or maybe when Darkstalkers 4 is announced. No [tornado fang] that, they'll manage to screw that up too.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Not even available for Android. Insulting.

Seriously, it's now become a study for me to see how low Capcom can go with the MM franchise.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
And of course, there's people in the comments section (pick a site) telling everyone else that they're ungrateful little shits because their first impressions of Xover were bad.

After everything that happened to MM recently, is it too much to ask that Capcom STOP HALF-ASSING EVERYTHING?!

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
They can go [tornado fang] themselves with a mop. The game would be acceptable if it wasn't just made for iPhone/iPad users. That's the insulting part. No Android version. Not even a downloadable 3DS/Vita game. No, they decide to ONLY put it on the most ridiculous platform they could think of. It's more offensive than them not releasing anything for the 25th Anniversary.

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
I think it's complete [parasitic bomb] that the game is only for IOS.

Really? I know that they're trying to support the Iphone or whatever but they could at least make it for the 3ds or Vita.

Hearing the game announced and seeing the art went good until you read "only for iphone"

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
In the interest of not going insane, someone on TMMN made a good point: It's the 25th anniversary, which should be a celebration of how far the series has come and what it means to the company (though any anniversary should be like that)...and so far, this is all we're getting.

I can sorta understand why Heatman wanted us not to be negative about Xover, but come on.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
They might come out with something else, but we don't know if they will yet. In that regard I still remain somewhat optimistic. It still doesn't change the fact that this game is insulting. Even if I wanted to play it, I can't.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Same here.

So...our player character. I'm okay with his design, but he doesn't seem to be a proper character by MM standards (clones everywhere, instead of just attributing multiple players in one place or something as "gameplay and story segregation"), has no personality to speak of yet, and seems too similar to X in some regards.

Still not nearly as angry at him as some others are right now; main point of contention seems to be the fur collar. (BTW, I've been calling him "Luka" until--or maybe after--he gets an official name)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Yknow what? I would have accepted a worldwide (lol never woulda happened) release of Rockman Online as a 25th anniversary game. At least that game looked FUN and looked GOOD. And incorporated things that fans want.

More traditional sidescrolling Mega Man: Check.

X/Classic Crossover: Check. Fancy(ish) graphics: Check.

Mega Man Online Multiplayer (During the Battle Network run many would have killed for a MMO game where you can customize your own Navi): Check

Bonus points:

Playable Duo

Intriguing story which possibly acts as a parallel timeline somewhere post Command Mission

Kick ass [tornado fang]ing trailers oh my [tornado fang]ing God those animated trailers.

CHECK CHECK AND CHECK. And the team making it seemed to be having fun with it.

But this? this seems like a lame attempt to pacify fans with a similar concept, "HEY LOOK! IT'S A CROSSOVER LIKE ONLINE!" but with far worse quality standards and overall attitude. Just another crapped out Mega man game without any actual effort or love put into it.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
I wouldn't be surprised if this is what RMO became, assuming RMO bit the dust and we weren't informed.

RMO was so full of clones that it was hard for me to care about any of the characters, but it still looked like a better game than this. And as I said elsewhere, this might turn out to be the kind of crossover that only has a single connecting element, without which would just be a bunch of unrelated scenes. You know, the kind of crossover I despise.

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
I really don't know what to think on this. On one hand, I could try to remain optimistic, even despite lacking an iPhone myself, that it's decent and such (although a touchscreen does not make due for precise platformers like Rockman).

But the enemies look like they're taken straight from the filtered-up X1 port in iOS that everyone considered garbage, the main character is literally a sprite edit of X from the same port, and this 'social RPG' stuff along with the fact that it's a very specific character that you only customize the abilities of makes me think it's basically going to be 'like your friend's stuff to get extra points for upgrades' rather than literal multiplayer of any sort.

Considering this is the base, day-one reveal and we know little still (much less have the game in motion yet or such), I can't make extreme judgements. But I don't have high hopes for this, and something tells me most other fans don't either.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
But I don't have high hopes for this, and something tells me most other fans don't either.

They don't. I was told that it went over better with the Japanese fanbase, but I dunno if they're excited for the game itself, or if they just like the new guy's design.

Offline Duke87

• Not an Interstate
  • Net Navi
    • View Profile
Not even available for Android. Insulting.

Especially perplexing considering that Android apparently has a greater market share in Japan than Apple.

But even if there were a Droid version... sorry, no sale. A cellphone is fine for Solitaire or Angry Birds or whatever other sort of timewasting distraction you can think of, but it is not an appropriate medium for what should be a serious game. They make actual game consoles for that.

And, maybe I'm just old-fashioned, but I can't play this sort of game by tapping spots on a touch screen. I need real buttons to press.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
But this? this seems like a lame attempt to pacify fans with a similar concept, "HEY LOOK! IT'S A CROSSOVER LIKE ONLINE!" but with far worse quality standards and overall attitude. Just another crapped out Mega man game without any actual effort or love put into it.

It doesn't even seem like that. It seems like a Facebook game like Farmville. And even those are available on other platforms besides Apple.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
... Blech.

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Oh god, I just realized something
the boss screenshot against Storm Eagle doesn't even have a Jump button, and there's a skip command
something tells me players just run along, with no real platforming, and shoot enemies to clear the way while jumping occasionally to hit higher enemies
and then the boss fights are like an RPG, turn-by-turn with commands

It'd explain why they actually put effort into redrawing Storm Eagle and the enemies as well as making new, if severely repetitive, backgrounds, if there wasn't actually much required effort for them in the first place gameplay-wise

This is just a theory going off of the screenshots, though

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
So this is what they're doing now.  I'm not going to say anything until I get more details though it honestly looks really bland.  I do have a iPhone and I might give it a try depending on the price, but I won't unless something grabs me.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline GameSaver

• WANNA BE STARTIN' SOMETHIN'
  • Net Navi
  • DON'T STOP TIL YOU GET ENOUGH
    • View Profile
this is what i played nearly every game in the series for god [tornado fang]ing DAMNIT I AM BEYOND SEETHING [tornado fang] [tornado fang]

FUUUUUUUUUCK

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
I'm most insulted honestly, by the "auto play" button.