Wii games that I missed

Waifu · 2195

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
on: June 24, 2011, 06:44:12 PM
I had a temp job where I was able to buy the Wii and some Wii games that I wanted but I also wondered what Wii games I missed. Considering the new system that may come out in 2012, I want to get as many Wii games as I can even if I don't have a job at the moment.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 08:49:06 PM
Missed games?

You can't miss games for the Wii.

Technically you can't get Metroid Prime Trilogy, Super Mario All-Stars, Sonic Unleashed or Sonic and the Black Knight anymore, but you can find those secondhand anyway.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 09:57:19 PM
It would help if you listed all Wii games you already have (if you have any).

Posting your preferred genres would be useful too.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 10:00:11 PM

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 10:12:34 PM
I only have Super Paper Mario and Brawl so far.

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 26, 2011, 10:47:13 PM
What genres are ya most fond of?

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 08:28:14 PM
I kind of like action, adventure and role playing.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 12:32:15 AM
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Game will keep you busy a LONG, LONG time.

Monster Hunter Tri
Another one that will dominate your life, this game is without a doubt Wii's best online experience.  I highly recommend picking up a keyboard with it (it supports Wii Speak, but few players have it).

Zelda, Twilight Princess
It's 20 damn bucks, no excuses.  Epona's at her peak, and Midna is the best "guide" character the series has seen.

Excite Truck
The textbook definition of "high adrenaline racing", you'll catch insane air across landscapes that morph in the middle of the race.  It has custom music through your SD card's MP3's, no hacking required.  Bots doesn't allow that, so I recommend this one over it.

Muramasa: The Demon Blade
Feudal-Japan-themed, side-scrolling, hack-and-slash.  Gorgeous 2D visuals and the music is orgasmic.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii
If the words "local multiplayer" mean anything at all to you, this game is absolutely vital.  Yes, even more so than Brawl.  And even if you're playing solo, it's still a solid oldschool experience.  It's also right up there with Brawl in terms of its hacking community, if that means anything to you.

Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom
As fighting games go, the controls are surprisingly approachable.  Zero, Trigger, and classic Roll in the same game, can't beat that.

Metroid Other M
Did you not mind Fusion being a tad more linear?  Are you not bothered by knowing what insecurities Samus regularly buries within (even if one in particular hits her off-guard)?  Then play this game.  It's some of Wii's best visuals, and for a remote-only game, controls amazingly well.

Ghostbusters
Solid use of the license and another great local co-op game.

Godzilla Unleashed
If you are any fan of kaiju then you will not be forgiven if you don't play this (and no, the PS2 game of the same name doesn't count).  Otherwise, you can safely pass.  Giant monsters aren't exactly a universal appeal, but for fans, this is the best since Monster Of Monsters back on the NES.

Sonic And The Black Knight
A sorely underrated game that you should be able to find for dirt-cheap.  It generally controls and progresses in abilities better than Secret Rings, amounting to a far more addictive title than its predecessor (although to its credit, Secret Rings has more varied and interesting boss fights).  Just don't make the mistake of assuming you have to stop for every enemy, because you don't, and you'll do fine.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 12:48:26 AM by Hypershell »

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #8 on: June 28, 2011, 04:32:02 PM
Red Steel 2 is pretty decent, but not downright absorbing like aforementioned Zelda/Muramasa/Metroid.

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: June 29, 2011, 01:34:49 AM
there's also No More Heroes 1&2 and Madworld<3

and you can get those three brand new for 20$

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: July 03, 2011, 03:21:28 PM
Personally, I suggest getting the Metroid Prime Trilogy if you somehow manage to get your hands on it.

Offline Slash Man

• Resistance Member
  • NES Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Mega Stuff
Reply #11 on: July 08, 2011, 03:25:38 AM
Target: Terror is a great arcade shooter that got its first home port, but that's pretty rare. Super Smash Bros. is the biggy, and maybe Mario Kart Wii, without the Wii Wheel. New Super Mario Bros. was good, but it didn't live up to the originals, in my opinion. I don't play too much Wii, so that's all the suggestions I got for now.