on: August 25, 2010, 11:21:13 PM

Dec 12th, 2010
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz9Wn6elU_Y[/youtube]

Dec 25th, 2011
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qny59Ndezo&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

=============================================================================
December 12th, 2010

INFO
[spoiler]I took some time to work on the level editor more, for faster creation. An updated level properties editor and dialog editor have been included. The level properties editor lets you change more content such as parallax options and BGM for stages. The parallaxing x/y scroll speeds can be seen in real time as shown in the Screenshot section.

The dialog editor is still fairly new, so you can only change box options.Basically, this lets you create dialog scripts that are activated by events. When you pass an event, a dialog script will be triggered for that object.

Planned for future:
-DIALOGUE EDITOR - Let's you easily modify dialogue scripts in the editor. In the future, you will be able to create dialog scripts directly in the dialog editor, so no need to open up notepad and manually creating them. You can currently change the following:
===========================================
BOUNDING BOX PROPERTIES

\\ParaLen = Paragrah length of dialog before it ends.

\\TotalChars = Total amount of characters talking in the script. In this example, Light, X, and Zero are talking, so it's 3.

\\BoxSpd = How quickly the bounding black box expands.

\\AutoTxt = Checks if Auto text is enabled or disabled. Auto text automatically jumps to the next paragraph based off the "AutoSpd" with no influnence on pressing Enter.

\\AutoSpd = How quickly the auto text scrolls.

\\Face = Displays a portrait. (Development only, Leave this 0)

\\BoxSize = How large the box expands vertically.

\\BoxColor = The color of the box.

-CUTSCENE EDITOR - Easily create cutscenes to-be used in the cutscene section.(will probably be Dev use only)
-HELP EDITOR - Pulls up a help guide for every action.[/spoiler]

SCREENS
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 08:35:43 PM by kirbyhi5 »

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 03:00:31 AM
This intrigues me... I look forward to seeing more of it!

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 03:16:45 AM
A lot of good fangames have been popping up recently, I like that. :)

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline GameDragon

• Cyberelf
  • *nom*
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 04:38:23 AM
Ah sweet, you posted your game here too.

I see you're after the MMX9 offer as well. Good luck with that. ;)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 06:25:57 AM
Oh hey I remember seeing this (I think) some time back on youtube and thinking it was kickass.
I like the extra effects and stuff. Looks cool.

The Light capsule dialogue seems spot on, (although, is there missing parts to it or is that odd skipping of certain words just because you were skipping through the dialogue?)

Also, yay! you used the X4 capsule music. ^_^

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline kirbyhi5

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: August 26, 2010, 08:02:57 PM
Thanks for all the feedback.

Nah, passing on that. I believe the creator of lunar magic is creating one, so the MMX editor is in good hands now.(Looking forward to messing around with the original game though!)

Edit: My mistake, I'm not sure why I said lunar's creator xD. It's a guy named Xeeynamo:  http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=8573.0

Oh hey I remember seeing this (I think) some time back on youtube and thinking it was kickass.
I like the extra effects and stuff. Looks cool.

The Light capsule dialogue seems spot on, (although, is there missing parts to it or is that odd skipping of certain words just because you were skipping through the dialogue?)

Also, yay! you used the X4 capsule music. ^_^

Thanks, and yeah I was manually skipping parts in the beginning then randomly decided to slow down. (usually I plan what I'm going to show but I did this on recording on a whim)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 09:17:29 PM by kirbyhi5 »

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: August 26, 2010, 08:05:50 PM
I really hope you finish this. It looks FAR too promising to be dropped.

Offline Shinigami No Tekken

• RPM's resident kid-on-the-old-man's-lawn.
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Cool Story, Bro!
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: August 26, 2010, 08:11:52 PM
Impressive. I especially like the effects that you put in with the air dash and such.

Offline carlos-182

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: August 27, 2010, 06:14:26 AM
Thanks for all the feedback.

Nah, passing on that. I believe the creator of lunar magic is creating one, so the MMX editor is in good hands now.(Looking forward to messing around with the original game though!)

Where did you saw that???? :O

BTW, excelent video.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #9 on: August 27, 2010, 06:21:45 AM
If you'd check MegaMan X9, you'd see, carlos.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline carlos-182

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: September 10, 2010, 06:41:57 AM
If you'd check MegaMan X9, you'd see, carlos.

Oh well... read again the post, you're wrong. The post's author is offering money for someone who wants to make an editor. It is not happening, at least not yet.

Offline UrielManX7

• Maverick Hunter Rank A
  • Robot Master
  • Justice will always win
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: September 11, 2010, 12:02:20 AM

Lets just hpe they are finished  O_O'

Offline kirbyhi5

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: November 05, 2010, 09:03:27 AM
Nov 6, 2010
-Engine is basically complete. Now it's just adding content.

[Temporary Status Effects]

-You'll find items that give you short status effects.(enemies also can drop them, though they aren't random) The picture above shows the speed boost effect, which increases your walking speed for around 10 seconds. (Basically think of how you equipped abilities in X5, except these aren't permanent.)All Temp effects complete.

[Options menu]

-Instead of having the config being in an external app, it can now be changed when you pause the game. There's also other options such as double tap, camera types, difficulty and quality setting.

System Menu functional

-System menu(Pause menu) is now fully functional. Wtanks work differently though. You can select which weapon gauge you want to fill. (The icons and weapon names are unfinished at the moment). Other than that, Pause Menu complete.

Armor ability

-Hovering is one of the various abilities of the leg upgrade. Hovering backwards allows you to shoot forward still, and the action camera shifts ahead as if you were facing forward. (Fixed weapon meter positon in 1st image) There's more, but I do not want to spoil it since there is only one armor. MMX Rise Armor complete.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 03:48:16 PM by kirbyhi5 »

Offline RetroRespecter

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: November 05, 2010, 04:34:11 PM
You may be no spriter, but even I can tell this matches the quality of Mega Man X in the SNES.

Offline kirbyhi5

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: November 07, 2010, 11:46:07 PM
Thanks, I was trying to mix X3's tria armor with X5's falcon.

Recently finished the ride bike, so here's how it works.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7lL8hxvlKM[/youtube]

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: November 07, 2010, 11:54:08 PM
Thanks, I was trying to mix X3's tria armor with X5's falcon.

Recently finished the ride bike, so here's how it works.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7lL8hxvlKM[/youtube]
"tria"..?

Cool either way.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: November 07, 2010, 11:57:00 PM
Looking slick!

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline GameDragon

• Cyberelf
  • *nom*
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: November 08, 2010, 06:57:58 AM
I can definitely see the Falcon Armor influence.

I'm pretty fond of the camera position you used while on the Chaser. Looking great! ;)

Offline kirbyhi5

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: November 13, 2010, 02:15:18 AM
I'm pretty fond of the camera position you used while on the Chaser. Looking great
Yeah I figured since it moves faster than X2's bike, it'd be hard to see what's ahead while shooting. (Though I'm still debating if I should just make it work like in X4 where dashing automatically destroys enemies + shot changes on slopes.)

Thanks for all the recent replies. I'll probably keep things under the hood for awhile after this.(Until enemy update is finished, so it may some months.)

Nov 12th, 2010
Info - All ride armor types are finally finished. There's two new ones and two from the original. Two screenies below.

One of the old ride armors.

New addition ride armor. Charges a laser that continuously damages. Also travels past enemies for multiple kills.

Offline carlos-182

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: December 04, 2010, 09:04:28 PM
Every idea sounds awesome, also the graphic part is looking good, but trust me, you need to fix the gameplay, otherway, it gonna sucks.

Just my opinion.

;)

Offline RushJet1

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: December 05, 2010, 03:49:38 AM
Every idea sounds awesome, also the graphic part is looking good, but trust me, you need to fix the gameplay, otherway, it gonna sucks.

Just my opinion.

;)

And the least helpful comment ever award goes to...

Offline carlos-182

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: December 05, 2010, 04:58:59 AM
And the least helpful comment ever award goes to...

WTF, it's just my opinion ... so every comment have to be helpful ??? I don't think so, he needs to know the things we don't like. So think before post..

Offline MrBaryl

• A new Shooting Star.
  • B-Class Hunter
  • "Everything for you"
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: December 05, 2010, 05:32:15 AM
Dude, you're freaking mixing sprite styles, also it looks like you want to fuse MMX with Sonic.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: December 08, 2010, 11:36:04 PM
Dude, you're freaking mixing sprite styles, also it looks like you want to fuse MMX with Sonic.
I think its fine. Its innovative gameplay.

Offline kirbyhi5

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: December 12, 2010, 11:25:19 PM

Just my opinion.

;)

Thanks for your opinion, but which specific parts of the gameplay are you referring to? (Unless you mean he was walking too fast due to the temp.boost item?)

Actually I haven't used a single sprite that wasn't ripped MMX1-MMX3.(Unless you meant the airbot placeholder enemy or special effects. There's also a few custom sprites I did, mainly because there was no rip available.) I agree with sonic part, I wanted it a bit more fast paced. However there's currently only 1 status effect that increases walking speed.

=============================================================================
December 12th, 2010

INFO
[spoiler]I took some time to work on the level editor more, for faster creation. An updated level properties editor and dialog editor have been included. The level properties editor lets you change more content such as parallax options and BGM for stages. The parallaxing x/y scroll speeds can be seen in real time as shown in the Screenshot section.

The dialog editor is still fairly new, so you can only change box options.Basically, this lets you create dialog scripts that are activated by events. When you pass an event, a dialog script will be triggered for that object.

Planned for future:
-DIALOGUE EDITOR - Let's you easily modify dialogue scripts in the editor. In the future, you will be able to create dialog scripts directly in the dialog editor, so no need to open up notepad and manually creating them. You can currently change the following:
BOUNDING BOX PROPERTIES

\\ParaLen = Paragrah length of dialog before it ends.

\\TotalChars = Total amount of characters talking in the script. In this example, Light, X, and Zero are talking, so it's 3.

\\BoxSpd = How quickly the bounding black box expands.

\\AutoTxt = Checks if Auto text is enabled or disabled. Auto text automatically jumps to the next paragraph based off the "AutoSpd" with no influnence on pressing Enter.

\\AutoSpd = How quickly the auto text scrolls.

\\Face = Displays a portrait. (Development only, Leave this 0)

\\BoxSize = How large the box expands vertically.

\\BoxColor = The color of the box.

-CUTSCENE EDITOR - Easily create cutscenes to-be used in the cutscene section.(will probably be Dev use only)
-HELP EDITOR - Pulls up a help guide for every action.[/spoiler]

SCREENS
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]