Crash Man Stage Flawless Buster only

someguy233 · 4962

Offline someguy233

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
on: June 11, 2009, 12:18:55 PM
Is it possible to get past the mini birds without getting hit and only using the buster in the Crash Man stage?  Are there any other robot master levels in the classic series that you can think of that require the use of a weapon or item for a flawless run?

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 12:23:22 PM
When the Pipi drops the egg to launch the minis, jump off the ladder and use a pause trick to grab the other ladder next to you. If you did it right, you won't be hit. Do the same thing again to go back to the old ladder and climb up.

And if you're on your way to climbing up some more, let's say you climb on the far-right ladder, make sure Rock is staring in the right direction (not left lol), and if you keep climbing up, the Pipi won't be able to hit you with any eggs. ^^

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Afro-Shroom

• King of the N00bs
  • Master's Unit
  • DWII's Lab Expirement Verifier
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 12:26:23 PM
If your not using any level glitches I don't think so.

Like this...

"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power! It's burning grip tells me to defeat you! Take this! My love, my anger, and all of my sorrow! Shining Finger!!~ "

"This hand of mine is burning red! It's loud roar tells me to grasp victory! Erupting...Burning...FINGER!!!~"
-----
That one Nun...

Offline someguy233

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 12:52:10 PM
Wow. You are brilliant.  Have you done a no-hit run through recently or are you just completely on top of everything?

Thank you for such clear advice!  I've been trying to jump between ladders but gave up hope until you told me about the pause.  The pause in the gap gives us just enough edge to reach the opposite ladder.  This won't be too bad considering if I screw up I won't take any damage. Fortunately, Crashman is a pushover once you study his pattern for a few minutes.

The toughest no-hit moment I experienced in MM1 was the fireman fire-machine thing. Especially the second burner you got to go through is tough to visualize.   

While on topic, have you ever come across any moments in MM 8-bit series that require you to use a special weapon or item while pursuing a no-hit run through on the robot master levels?  If there is break it softly it'll burst my bubble (^^)

Posted on: June 11, 2009, 12:45:34
If your not using any level glitches I don't think so.

Like this...

When I first read "pause trick" I thought she was referring to a glitch.  But now that I've done this and tried it, it's no glitch by my standards.  A glitch is something like the pause trick for mega man 1 or something in these Tool Assisted speed runs I've come to enjoy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPAeLDvxXmc

I'm not warping through walls are using invincibility frames, so I still feel a sense of accomplishment. Thanks friends!

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 12:53:07 PM
There are some things that can catch me off guard, like Air Man's Air Shooters, and they ask for exact jumps to avoid them. I don't like showing my skills on a emulator, because people will complain (lol save states!), so that's why I don't usually attempt any runs until I have a proper way of showing it. ^^

A proud moment of mine was using buster against bosses on Rockman 1.
I get some damage though, but I don't care. I play for fun~
No damage and no pause trick on Yellow Devil. :3
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 05:22:07 PM by VixyNyan »

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline someguy233

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 01:02:36 PM
I thought Fireman is the easiest boss in MM1, I'm surprised you mentioned that he was troublesome!  PS I figured out the magic place to stand when I was youngster before the internet was invented :P!  Air man... let's not go there yet )^^(! 

About emulator complaints yuck.  It's so much cleaner than recording from your tele I'm just doing this for my own personal enjoyment.  I feel like I'm really getting inside the programmers head since I've been doing this.  And now I have strangers helping me, which means YOU are in MY head ^^.

Offline Afro-Shroom

• King of the N00bs
  • Master's Unit
  • DWII's Lab Expirement Verifier
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 03:46:08 PM
YOU are in MY head ^^.

And so starts a new membership in the Vixy fan club  8D

"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power! It's burning grip tells me to defeat you! Take this! My love, my anger, and all of my sorrow! Shining Finger!!~ "

"This hand of mine is burning red! It's loud roar tells me to grasp victory! Erupting...Burning...FINGER!!!~"
-----
That one Nun...

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: June 11, 2009, 07:32:46 PM
I thought Fireman is the easiest boss in MM1, I'm surprised you mentioned that he was troublesome! 

*explosion*

thanks, you just made my head blow up.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: June 11, 2009, 07:42:16 PM
He IS easy, you can just chase the guy around the room, he'll only attack whenever you do.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #9 on: June 11, 2009, 08:09:29 PM
I found Elecman easy, actually, it depends how close you are to the boss in the game. I'd shoot the eggs before the Pipi can actually drop them, it can render thier offense useless until you ram into them.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: June 11, 2009, 08:23:00 PM
He IS easy, you can just chase the guy around the room, he'll only attack whenever you do.

yeah, cause avoiding his attacks is so easy. [/sarcasm] there's no way he's the easiest.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: June 11, 2009, 08:56:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlaIKLUdUj8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTllXuXYTao

What's the problem? He'll only start spamming his attacks if you attack him like a fool.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: June 11, 2009, 09:00:34 PM
they just make it look easy. the first guy even admitted that it took him a long time to do.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: June 11, 2009, 09:06:59 PM
With the exception of the first video that exploits a glitch in the fire attack, it isn't that it looks easy, it really is easy. You just gotta approach him much more calmly and less like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJlAxLtYw6o

Once you realize FireMan is a coward that runs away when you get too close, you can literally just leisurely chase him around the room. Attack only when you feel confident in your ability to dodge, and he should fall in no time without damage taken.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: June 11, 2009, 09:22:50 PM
sure he's easy to you now, but that's only cause you've played the game for 20 years. look, if you have to figure out a trick to make him so easy, he's not easy. for him to be the easiest, a little kid should be able to beat him without too much trouble. as PB would put it to insult my inability to play Phantom Hourglass, "child easy." he has to be So Easy A Caveman Could Do It.

another thing that makes Fire Man harder than other bosses is that Ice Slasher doesn't make the fight too much easier/different. it just kills him in 7 hits.

by the way, i enjoy derailing.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: June 11, 2009, 09:29:50 PM
Fire Man: Complete Works
Fire Man: Famicom

*Zan smiles behind the PC screen*
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 05:21:30 PM by VixyNyan »

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: June 11, 2009, 11:10:50 PM
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: June 12, 2009, 08:29:11 PM
The toughest no-hit moment I experienced in MM1 was the fireman fire-machine thing. Especially the second burner you got to go through is tough to visualize.
Yeah, for years I didn't know you were supposed to be able to pass those things safely without just taking a shortcut off to the side with the Magnet Beam.  But then I saw a demo in Rockman Complete Works do it, and I talked to someone else about it, who said you're supposed to watch the pattern of flames for the longest gap between waves.  And I didn't even noticed the timing varied!  The flame waves just looked so FAST!

I'm not sure if the Genesis port realized that, though, so it may have really been too fast to just walk past.  At least you could slide past in the Wily Tower.

I remember when I tried to beat FireMan without getting hit, TAS-style even, and I was all "THE FLAMES! THEY WON'T STOP COMING!"  So I had to learn to back off a little, but it still wasn't easy.

look, if you have to figure out a trick to make him so easy, he's not easy.
Ah, agreed.

Posted on: June 12, 2009, 19:59:45
I remember my strategy for FireMan was "Shoot him faster than he shoots you," and that works, if you start with full energy and have no other bosses to fight after him. But you have to NOT shoot a whole bunch. For the refight, I might jump once in a while, but still mostly concentrate on shooting a lot and facing the right direction.