AquaTeamV3 · 3831

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
on: November 30, 2010, 07:08:47 PM
(Figured I may as well post this here for exposure)

MMLS's MegaMan Legends 3 Bonne Mech Proposal: Seeteufel

[My Bonne Mech]

Description:

Seeteufel is an octopus-based mech design, reminiscent of Ferdinand (aka Feldynaught) from MegaMan Legends 1. But don't let the similarities fool you; Seeteufel's got a whole new set of tricks up its sleeves! (All six of them!) With its massive tentacles, Seeteufel has a bunch of attacks at its disposal. Sitting atop a flotation device, Seeteufel is a major threat on land or at sea!

Attacks:

-        Homing Missiles, Machine Guns and Bombs – A staple of the Bonne family's arsenal, Bombs, Machine Guns and Missiles return for Seeteufel. These allow Seeteufel to attack MegaMan at close range or from afar! As the battle progresses these may be used to destroy large chunks of the stage, making it harder for MegaMan to escape. They can also reach higher altitudes, and pose an especially dangerous threat to MegaMan if he decides to snipe the mech from afar!

-        Zappers – Seeteufel was made to be used in the water, where electrical attacks are a major threat. It comes equipped with electric zapper tentacles which can be used to electrify the water, making close-range combat very dangerous. The electrified water can inflict the paralyzed status condition on MegaMan (as seen in MegaMan Legends 2), to slow him down and keep him from escaping. Meanwhile, if MegaMan begins to sink, Seeteufel will grab MegaMan with one of its long tentacles and slam him against a wall. MegaMan had better stay above the water, if he wants to fight this battle up close!

-        Pressurized water cannon – Seeteufel can take the water from the ruins into itself and shoot it at MegaMan in a pressurized blast! The blast inflicts damage on MegaMan and causes him to be knocked back. Seeteufel can also raise or lower the water level in the ruins when it takes in and releases water, though the effect is only temporary.

-        Servbot skimmers – Seeteufel can send out Servbots in “skimmer” mechs to assist it in battling MegaMan. Though only armed with basic projectile weapons, the Servbots' skimmers make the battle all the more difficult by drawing MegaMan's attention from the Seeteufel! They can also maneuver on land a bit and chase MegaMan up the stairs.

While MegaMan is fighting the Seeteufel, Servbots attack in skimmer mechs. These mechs are only designed for basic combat, but they'll draw MegaMan's attention from the boss if he isn't careful!

[The Mission]

Little does Mega Man know, as soon as he grabs that treasure, he'll activate a trap that gradually floods the entire area!  On top of that, the Bonnes' Seeteufel is waiting in ambush to come crashing onto the scene and steal it from him the minute he leaves the treasure room...

During the Seeteufel battle, the water level is constantly rising! MegaMan has the choice of dealing with the Seeteufel up close at short range, or making a run for it up dual spiral staircases to snipe from safe distance.

How to deal with the Seeteufel:

Seeteufel's weak point is the hatch. MegaMan can attack it in many different ways.

-        Close Range attack –  The Seeteufel's tentacles are large enough that MegaMan can stand upon them! MegaMan can use these tentacles to get up close to the Seeteufel and attack the hatch from close range.  At times a tentacle will remain still, allowing MegaMan to approach; but once it starts moving, MegaMan is in danger of being tossed off. This is easily the more dangerous route; be careful, MegaMan!

-        Short-ranged weapons like the Drill Arm or Blade Arm are much more difficult to use against the Seeteufel, but they can do more damage than long ranged attacks. If MegaMan is careful enough, he can even use them to sever off Seeteufel's tentacles! This won't physically damage Seeteufel, but it will disable its tentacle-based weapons and make it easier for MegaMan to survive. (Like destroying the Marlwolf's treads in MegaMan Legends 1.)

-        Long Range / Snipe attack - MegaMan has the option of distancing himself from the Seeteufel by running up along two spiral staircases that at one point were connected with catwalks (which have crumbled with age; this way he can also stay away from the dangerous and ever-rising water level! Sniping Seeteufel from a distance with a special weapon or his trusty Buster Gun, MegaMan can avoid many of the Seeteufel's more dangerous attacks, but that doesn't mean Seeteufel is a sitting duck! (Err...octopus.) MegaMan is still in danger from the Seeteufel's long-range attacks, and the potential destruction of the very stairs on which he's standing...not to mention the rising water level bringing Seeteufel closer and closer to where he's perched!  MegaMan will have a hard time getting around when parts of the stage are destroyed, but he may be able to cross long gaps by using the Jet Skates if he's careful!

-        Debris – As the ruin crumbles, debris falls from the ceiling posing a threat to MegaMan, but MegaMan can use this to his advantage. Smaller debris can be thrown at the Seeteufel, if MegaMan is using the Lifter instead of a regular special weapon! This can be done from afar or right up close. If the Servbots get too close to MegaMan, they may also find themselves caught in his grip and lobbed at the Seeteufel!

Seeteufel's tentacles are really huge! They're so big that MegaMan can walk on them to get within range to attack. MegaMan can even sever the tentacles if he can get close enough to the base in time, but he'd better watch out for Seeteufel's attacks! Here, Seeteufel has reached the top of the steps.  Once the water level reaches this point, it stops.  The ruin's trap's been fully activated. MegaMan can't run any more; he'll have to deal with Seeteufel up close and personal!

[Miscellaneous]

This diagram depicts the stage design we had in mind for this battle. The treasure room is located at the bottom of a long double spiral stairway (the staircase is double helix, and by the time MegaMan gets to fight the Seeteufel, the catwalks connecting the stairs have been eroded with age, destroyed by the Seeteufel's grand entrance crashing through the ceiling, or both). MegaMan will have to fight off Seeteufel all the way up to the top of the flume!

-        Seeteufel takes its name from a midget sub used by the Germans in WWII, in the style and tradition of many original Bonne mech names. Its name literally means “Sea Devil.”

-        Although designing the stage is not part of the requirements for this proposal, we felt that the dual  spiral staircases became an important part of this submission. The stage plays an important part in how the battle against Seeteufel plays out. Seeteufel's attacks, and MegaMan's strategies for defeating Seeteufel were made with this specific environment in mind, and they don't make quite as much sense in other settings.  The main flume also has a few doors along the staircases leading to other parts of the ruin, omitted from the diagram, all of which lock up during the battle but can be re-explored afterward, complete with all-new-to-the-area underwater physics.

-        This mech proposal is a collaborative effort from MegaMan Legends Station forums. It is a product of the creativity of many forum members. These members include: Raijin (RaijinK on Capcom Unity), Dashe (Dashe), inclover (N/A), mltmlt22 (N/A), General Specific (General Specific), Rockxas (Rockxas), Rockman Striker (Rockman Striker), Blues (Canticleer Blues), Trege (N/A), Buster Cannon (Glacius Passio), Pitch (AndyMan) and Hirovoid (HiroVoid). Massive props especially to Raijin and Dashe for their artistic contributions in drawing the design!

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 07:20:14 PM
I reallyl ike this concept.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 10:27:29 PM
Pretty awesome. Best of luck to you.

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 11:01:06 AM
This is some awesome stuff man.  *o*

GL for the contest.

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline Hiryu

• Capcom's Favorite futuristic ninja
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 06:21:57 PM
This concept looks pretty enjoyable.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #5 on: December 02, 2010, 11:30:28 PM
A link to your Unity thread would be nice so that your fellow Servbots can more easily support you. 8)

One HELL of a scenario you have there, man.  I'm impressed.
(The "Mission" part of the proposal format had me a bit confused; Eguchi's conversation sounded to me like Capcom's crew was handling that.  *shrugs*)

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #6 on: December 03, 2010, 10:57:13 PM
Unity Thread Link

Alright, here's our official thread!

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #7 on: December 11, 2010, 04:41:17 AM
I just wanted to say congrats on Seeteufel making into the U.S./Europe's top 5.  It's definitely my pick for the region; the only other one that came CLOSE was that blue horseshoe crab (the transforming one's awesome but I think a full-Bonne-family mech kinda goes against Eguchi's scenario).

Japanese designs look to be pretty tight competition, though.  Can't wait to find out which one the staff picks...

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #8 on: December 11, 2010, 06:33:44 PM
Congrats, man!!

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: December 11, 2010, 07:04:58 PM
I totally missed this topic.

I really like how you even thought of the stage and it's mechanics.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #10 on: December 12, 2010, 02:37:07 AM
Oh, you posted this here too...

Congrats on getting on the top 5, this one's definitely one of my favourites