Rockman 7/8 FC (Spoilers)

Diggeh · 293691

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #400 on: March 13, 2010, 08:33:02 PM
Awww, and i did such a nice job.  ;)
Well,now that we have offical Forte sprites, replacing the sprites from Rockman to Forte won't be that hard.
Since they are almost identical XD

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #401 on: March 14, 2010, 06:48:36 AM
The more Megaman 8 NES progresses, the more they REMOVE and CHANGE the unique and interesting aspects of the game to fit in "NES limits" that they don't abide by correctly anyway.

Megaman 8 has no benefits from being in NES style, in fact the opposite. It just doesn't work, period. You need to either remove or change things, and then add things the NES titles just didn't use. Megaman 8 is fine as it is.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #402 on: March 14, 2010, 07:06:10 AM
Or, they could just NESify whats already in 8, without removing things. I mean, it is ridiculous to remove something like the unique rush calls.

Do you know how many times rush charger helped big time during the fight with wily? And a R8 without rush cycle just isnt R8 at all...
I was also kinda pissed they cut Frostman's stage short seemingly.

In any case. this video doesnt seem to show any Rush coil or jet, (which, had they been in, would have been amongst stuff already programmed in) which gives me some hope, for NES R8 rush calls.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline DjKlzonez

• B-Class Hunter
  • Once a year
    • View Profile
Reply #403 on: March 18, 2010, 12:18:05 AM
Has anyone converted the new .pttunes to mp3 from the new beta? the ones hosted here, in RPM, are really old and they have improved a LOT some of these songs.

Steam       Youtube

Offline Splash

• B-Class Hunter
  • Something here?
    • View Profile
Reply #404 on: March 25, 2010, 09:44:30 PM
Sword Man (Finally)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_DO9v8zf-4[/youtube]
And..
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EX8KDcetJkI&feature=channel[/youtube]

http://quickmaster-exe.deviantart.com/
I like to draw... NOT!
Seriously.

Offline Splash

• B-Class Hunter
  • Something here?
    • View Profile
Reply #405 on: March 25, 2010, 09:59:28 PM
Man.. Only two Astro Crushes? It will be lamest weapon ( I thought, that Tornado blow will be most energy-draining weapon). Then, Water Balloon - not Sword man's weakness(?)...

I like to draw... NOT!
Seriously.

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #406 on: March 25, 2010, 10:00:13 PM
A shop! I thought they weren´t going to include that option. Been a while since I heard from this game.

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #407 on: March 25, 2010, 10:52:38 PM
you know, Sword man should been renamed Relic Man or something

Here's My Facebook Account, Join the Megagirl R project http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002211482262

if you want to know my skype account, send me a PM

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #408 on: March 26, 2010, 12:42:23 AM
I'm not sure what the point of an NES version of Megaman 8 is when you don't abide by NES conventions and change lots of things around.

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #409 on: March 26, 2010, 03:35:34 AM
I'm not sure what the point of an NES version of Megaman 8 is when you don't abide by NES conventions and change lots of things around.
werent you complaining about changes in fc8?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #410 on: March 26, 2010, 10:57:08 PM
Yeah!  You can't have hammer enemies striking from the background unless they ARE the background!

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #411 on: March 26, 2010, 11:04:50 PM
That is true, bag of magic.
That thing is pretty huge. If it were on a NES rom hack for example, there's no way it'd ever work out as sprites + moving like that considering the giant huge size. Background would be easier, but that would mean being forced to have a blank empty black screen.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #412 on: March 26, 2010, 11:15:30 PM
werent you complaining about changes in fc8?

The point is, they don't seem aware of what the NES limits actually are, and do whatever to just look retro. Except when something wasn't even in the original, then it's suddenly fine.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #413 on: March 26, 2010, 11:20:18 PM
Yeah!  You can't have hammer enemies striking from the background unless they ARE the background!

That's the fun in figuring it out. There's always a way.

but that would mean being forced to have a blank empty black screen.

I'd rather that than something that obviously looks like an NES could never do it, considering its suppose to be an NES replica of MM8.

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline Blaze Yeager

• The Loremaster
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • "To win is to lose, to lose is to win."
    • View Profile
    • Suikatei Blog
Reply #414 on: March 28, 2010, 08:45:37 PM
At Least i get to Spam Homing Sniper.

Into Darkness, into the Abyss. Where only anathema exists.
| https://twitter.com/BlazeMcPhearson |

Offline Splash

• B-Class Hunter
  • Something here?
    • View Profile
Reply #415 on: April 05, 2010, 04:57:45 PM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRQ4JjK54GQ[/youtube]
Search Man

I like to draw... NOT!
Seriously.

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #416 on: April 05, 2010, 09:45:11 PM
you know, so far MM8FC looks good, and i think i realized that will be quite disrespectful to [sonic slicer] and whine about NES limits and things that are OFF and On with this game (and yes, i was guilty of this as well), but considering that this team is different from Mend and his friends, they are doing a fairly decent job, perhaps the reasons for all the changes is because they felt like the original aspects for MM8 dint fit for a megaman game or were not well received, but hey, that's just they opinion.

Here's My Facebook Account, Join the Megagirl R project http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002211482262

if you want to know my skype account, send me a PM

Offline Sapphire✧9

• ネビュラ★ブラック
  • Neo Arcadian
  • An Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #417 on: April 11, 2010, 09:48:29 PM
new update, more stuff at shop and wily stages. well I tried first stage but died at the boss :p so I dont know if other stages exists.

Posted on: April 11, 2010, 06:59:35 PM
Passed the bosses, you cant play wily stage 2 fully, it starts but there's only few screens then you cant get pass.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #418 on: April 11, 2010, 11:50:06 PM
you know, so far MM8FC looks good, and i think i realized that will be quite disrespectful to [sonic slicer] and whine about NES limits and things that are OFF and On with this game (and yes, i was guilty of this as well), but considering that this team is different from Mend and his friends, they are doing a fairly decent job, perhaps the reasons for all the changes is because they felt like the original aspects for MM8 dint fit for a megaman game or were not well received, but hey, that's just they opinion.

I don't agree. If you're making an NES conversion of something, get it right within the actual limits. Otherwise there isn't much reason for you to be doing an NES conversion in the first place. Some leeway can be spared in the "amount of sprites" and "flicker" department, but it should at least look believable. I watch that video and I have to shake my head because some of it is noticeably impossible for the NES to do, even by people who wouldn't know of the actual specific technical limits.

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #419 on: April 12, 2010, 12:03:33 AM
I think they should stick to what 8 gave us, and just make that 8 bit. Dont mess around and cut things out because you dont think they belong in an 8 bit title. 9 and 10 have shown us that they dont mind breaking the mold now that they CAN, so you can very well incorporate things into this remake that were in the original 8. That includes the original Rush abilities, and not cutting stages in half.

the very fact that they are messing with the rush abilities is ruining the balance with the weapons. Tornado hold is no longer useful at ALL, because it has been made obsolete by Rush coil. That shouldn't be happening.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #420 on: April 12, 2010, 12:15:30 AM
That includes the original Rush abilities, and not cutting stages in half.

I don't think you entirely get what is meant by what the NES can and cannot do. Those Rush abilities and stages are wholly possible on NES.

Offline megarockmanzord

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #421 on: April 13, 2010, 03:31:45 PM
Here's Wily Stage 1:
[youtube]Q-GEo9BzVUM[/youtube]

This has been out for a few days so I'm surprised it took this long to find a youtube clip of it. The boss is slightly harder here, because instead of being able to use two weapons at once you have to switch back and forth. Sometimes, you have to wait for a mega ball to disappear before you can switch to mega buster which leads to you getting shot at.  

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #422 on: April 13, 2010, 05:30:38 PM
That Wily Fortress...
Is that the final one they'll use?

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline megarockmanzord

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #423 on: April 13, 2010, 10:54:42 PM
That Wily Fortress...
Is that the final one they'll use?

Most likely. I didn't notice how weird it looked until you pointed it out. I doubt they give a crap about the castle looking wrong though, because it doesn't really effect the game. You could try writing them an angry letter if you want to. They probably won't respond to death threats though.

Comparison

Offline Krazy Monkey

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #424 on: April 14, 2010, 12:47:10 AM
Personally, I don't think the castle looks all that inaccurate. It might not look exactly like it did in the original, but it's still pretty close, anyway. I don't think it's necessarily anything to rage over.

Anyway, as for my opinion on these 8-bit remakes, I think they're extraordinarily good. They play exactly like the NES games (4-6, in particular), and are very fun to play. However, I do find these remakes to be a lot more difficult than the originals. Mega Man 8, especially, since I could hardly get past Frost Man's stage. Also, people could say what they want about the "Jump, jump! Slide, slide!" warnings, but I actually found them to be pretty helpful. Since the Famicom remake lacks those, it's a bit harder, but maybe that's just me. Also, I'm glad to see that they've implemented the shop in 8. That's one thing about the Mega Man 7 remake that bugged me a little. Lastly, I hope 8-bit Mega Man 8 will be customizable, just like 7 was. That way, it'll be possible to make things like this: