The "What are you currently playing?" Thread

Saber · 726508

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #4600 on: December 11, 2014, 04:57:50 AM
Finally 100%'d Trails in the Sky other than a Nightmare run which I'm not particularly keen on in a turn-based game.

Finished The Minish Cap after some several years since I first played it. This time on a real cartridge though!

Next up I should play Vanquish and put more time into Drakengard 3, but I'm too lazy to boot up the PS3 even with it hooked into my computer monitor now.

In the meantime though, I've been in the mood for a lot of Payday 2. So much grinding.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #4601 on: December 14, 2014, 12:25:54 AM
I picked up Azure Striker GUNVOLT. All-in-all I'd say it's a decent spirtual successor to MMZX. My only gripe with it is that the writing is a bit too fast. It jumps right into the story. And it's a little bit easy compared to ZERO/ZX like no instant-death with spikes.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #4602 on: December 14, 2014, 11:18:00 AM
I once again remembered Fallout New Vegas existed. But I have no idea what I'm doing in my saved game, so I'm considering restarting it again.

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4603 on: December 14, 2014, 07:37:49 PM
I once again remembered Fallout New Vegas existed. But I have no idea what I'm doing in my saved game, so I'm considering restarting it again.

Haha that funny I just started replaying that myself. Need to get the expansions for the PC versions still. :\

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #4604 on: December 14, 2014, 11:11:11 PM
I got the Ultimate Edition. I really should clock some more hours into it though. Maybe once I finally get around to finishing Dragonborn.
>doing the main quests in Skyrim
hahaha nope

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4605 on: December 15, 2014, 06:11:02 AM
With Skyrim I found myself making new characters for each guild, and various quest lines rather than try to do everything. I was never able to stick to one character for long.  XD

I really love the DLCs for New Vegas with Dead Money and Lonesome being my favorite for the survival horror elements.  I'll be getting them for sure when I can.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4606 on: December 15, 2014, 06:45:23 AM
I guess I could keep going in Skyrim like last night. Half way through level 78 and still going.

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4607 on: December 15, 2014, 08:46:45 AM
Finally started Birth by Sleep and I like it but I seriously want to punch the person who designed the Coliseum this time. A time limit? Really? And nothing fair, 10-15 seconds per match. *sigh*

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4608 on: December 15, 2014, 09:18:01 AM
On the plus side, traveling between the Colosseum entrance and Olympus is a good route for ability grinding

Offline Arikado

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #4609 on: December 15, 2014, 10:00:14 AM
Finishing up the remaining Paralogue chapters in Fire Emblem Awakening.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4610 on: December 15, 2014, 04:59:51 PM
On the plus side, traveling between the Colosseum entrance and Olympus is a good route for ability grinding

True, I had a rough start with this game but once I adapted the whole command deck and started leveling skills and melding them I stopped getting killed so much. I really don't like how stiff combos feel now though, or maybe thats just Aqua?

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4611 on: December 15, 2014, 05:59:20 PM
Yea, command synthesis is important, especially the advanced ones. With the Giga Magic Recipe from Mirage Arena, you can make Seeker Mine which is one further than Mine Square and only Aqua gets it, and Magic Hour in general is just great. Mine Square is great all-round, regardless.

Otherwise, the plan is usually get higher grade magics quick, so you'll want to work on your Reload Boost abilities because Mega Flare takes forever.

I felt that Aqua's styles weren't great, though.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4612 on: December 15, 2014, 06:22:28 PM
I don't know they have been pretty good with dealing with groups, I's say Thunderbolt and Spell weaver are her best ones so far. Her Bladecharge Command Style is pretty broken though, I killed Hades and the Ice Titan with it before I ran out  the form. It's not hard to trigger either since I've been mostly sticking with the basic magic spells. (trying to meld them up to -Ga levels right now)

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #4613 on: December 17, 2014, 07:02:38 AM
Tales of Hearts R. Not that far in, but I'm already liking it more than Xillia 2.

Offline Arikado

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #4614 on: December 23, 2014, 01:23:30 AM
Finished DMC4 on Dante Must Die.

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #4615 on: January 02, 2015, 02:43:57 AM
Congrats!

First game of 2015: Vanquish. I'm doing a Shotgun-only run, which I've always wanted to do. Sometimes it's more annoying than challenging, but overall I'm enjoying the run. At 3-1 now, Hard difficulty.

The annoying parts, not surprisingly, are whenever you're required to kill enemies from a distance. Snipers and turrets are often mandatory to progress and you have no choice but to chip them to death with lots of ammo. It always feels like a waste, because you have to plan entire fights around that one enemy or two that will eat half your ammo like it's nothing.

The rest is going pretty smooth. Getting close to enemies is a lot of fun. Feels good playing this game again.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4616 on: January 02, 2015, 09:29:10 PM
Using the world that never was to max out Valor/Limit/and Final Forms to max.

Valor is down, nearly finished Limit, at least it's pretty easy with the save point being so near by.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #4617 on: January 02, 2015, 09:41:03 PM
I restarted Dragon Age Origins. Having to set tactics with only four slots in the beginning is a pain.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #4618 on: January 02, 2015, 10:03:39 PM
I restarted Dragon Age Origins. Having to set tactics with only four slots in the beginning is a pain.
I got so good a Micro-managing that the NPCs usually didn't have time to use their tactics.

... in hindsight, I wish I used tactics. A lot of fights felt so long.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #4619 on: January 04, 2015, 07:19:18 AM
Cleared Shantae and the Pirate's Curse today (Wii U version), both regular and 100%.  Now to start up Pirate Mode and try for the quick-time endings.

So glad I took the plunge on that one.  Music is top-notch, and there's plenty of sheer lunacy beyond the expected fanservice.  I will say, though, that the level of spike-dodging in that last stretch would give Mega Man a heart attack.  Thankfully you can bypass it if you decide you need to leave the stage and come back.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #4620 on: January 05, 2015, 12:18:15 AM
Just got 'Shantae 3' since it finally came out on WiiU (no thank you to 3DS hand cramps and small screens). I have not gotten very far yet, however a lot of things have changed since the last game. Sadly, cohesive art direction for levels has changed for the worst so far that I have seen. Sometimes hard to tell what layers what and what is and is not something I can walk on. It feels somewhat slapped together.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #4621 on: January 05, 2015, 02:23:20 AM
FE Awakening while waiting for ASG to be released in Europe.

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #4622 on: January 05, 2015, 02:25:25 AM
I didn't know the dead could play videogames

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #4623 on: January 05, 2015, 02:26:42 AM
FE Awakening while waiting for ASG to be released in Europe.

That reminds me that I still haven't completed the story.

Every time I think I'm done with the game, BAM, another chapter.

This is the title of my next thesis

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #4624 on: January 05, 2015, 02:29:29 AM

We also float above your head while you're on the PC and see the kind of smut you're watching.