Ultra Turbo Super Extreme "What are you thinking?" Electric Boogaloo Alpha EX ed

Dr. Wily II · 474213

Offline Sky

• massive idiot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • for kids
    • View Profile
    • art blog
You're telling me...

[spoiler]Not counting the Overwatch loot box binge I've put myself recently for Mei's Chang'e skin (which I was miraculously successful in accomplishing), I've been working on this piece since January...[/spoiler]
i don't recognize that software, what is it? unless paint.net acquired some upgrades in the time ive not been using it...

squemp

Offline Adelaide

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
You're telling me...

[spoiler]Not counting the Overwatch loot box binge I've put myself recently for Mei's Chang'e skin (which I was miraculously successful in accomplishing), I've been working on this piece since January...[/spoiler]

Oh hey! Who's that? Is that from a fangame?

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile

It's Rip, from the fan game Giant no.2, duh.

Fear me.

Offline Adelaide

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Oh? Never heard of it. Well, he sort of looks like a Megaman fan character, so ya know... But can't say I've seen him before!

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
He looks like Megaman, because the whole fan game is a rip-off of Megaman. Heck even his sister is a rip-off of Roll, and her name is Off. When you put bro and sis together, you get Rip-Off.

Out of all the robotmaster rip-offs, one of them is Shockingly Original.

Fear me.

Offline Adelaide

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Wow... that's really sad. I mean, I've seen some pretty original fan games. Sounds like it could've been interesting if it wasn't a hack job. Rip looks alright as a character... maybe if it wasn't blatantly Megaman?

I don't know why Viper would spend so much time drawing a rip-off. He's pretty damn good though, I'll give him that!  owob

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
i don't recognize that software, what is it? unless paint.net acquired some upgrades in the time ive not been using it...
Yes, it's paint.net, and at the time of the screen cap I think it's at it's latest version.

Beck from Mighty No. 9, Mega Man/Rockman's spiritual successor.

<Mighty No. 9 hate douchebaggery>
You want a taste of a Dragon Kick? By the way, it's a spiritual successor, look up the term sometime.

Wow... that's really sad. I mean, I've seen some pretty original fan games. Sounds like it could've been interesting if it wasn't a hack job. Rip looks alright as a character... maybe if it wasn't blatantly Megaman?

I don't know why Viper would spend so much time drawing a rip-off. He's pretty damn good though, I'll give him that!  owob
Good to know I'm not allowed to draw what I enjoy here.

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
You want a taste of a Dragon Kick? By the way, it's a spiritual successor.

Not if I Phoenix Kick you first. And I'll assume you've never watched this video:

http://youtu.be/CsuX3kqob1M?list=FLvwtwxAkbYDSsBgco4NPlJQ

Also, I'm trying to be funny here, which is what Mighty No. 9 was doing; by trying too hard to be Megaman, mind you. Besides, I'm pretty sure Alice new what Mighty No. 9 is, Mr. Obvious.

Fear me.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Mighty No. 9 was doing; by trying too hard to be Megaman
If Mighty No. 9 is a "trying to be hard to be Mega Man" to you, then I bet Ikaruga is a "rip off" of Radiant Silvergun to you. By the way, nice typo.

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Ikaruga is a "rip off" of Radiant Silvergun to you.

Never heard of, never played either one.

"trying to be hard to be Mega Man"
By the way, nice typo.

Same to you. The only typo I did was "new"

Fear me.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
<snip>
Clearly someone doesn't know the difference between a game trying to stand on its own something over like these three games blatantly imitating another. Also you're not funny.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Clearly someone doesn't know the difference between a game trying to stand on its own something over like these three games blatantly imitating another. Also you're not funny.

Classic Japanese side-scrolling action, evolved and transformed by Keiji Inafune, an all-star team of veteran Mega Man devs...and YOU!
Run, jump, blast, and transform your way through six stages (or more, via stretch goals) you can tackle in any order you choose, using weapons and abilities stolen from your enemies
Every aspect of development—art, level design, music, programming, etc.—is being handled by veteran Japanese game creators with extensive experience in the genre, and with Mega Man in particular, all the way up to and including the project’s leader, Keiji Inafune himself!

That's just three excerpts from the game's own Kickstarter page that constantly mentions Mega Man (or the same exact gameplay style as it), be it inspired by or basically every member of the original dev team having worked on it at some point and using that experience for MN9.

Games that stand on their own and don't label themselves as spiritual successors generally don't plaster the name of the game they're inspired by countless times on their own page. Or take dev team members from said game. Not to mention the parallels you can make between character names (specifically Beck and Call/Rock and Roll) and how Beck stops his siblings from going renegade (sounds suspiciously like MM1's story)... yeah this isn't really standing on its own.

(not to mention Touhou also tends to make games in the style of other famous games, so while that may be "blatantly imitating" MM as you claim, that's the entire point and it's not trying to say otherwise)

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Adelaide

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
*stares at Haxwell for a second, soullessly*

*smiles at Viper*

Oh Viper, you can draw whatever you want! That said, it's Beck from Mighty No. 9? I can kinda see it now... Did that game ever come out?

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
HI SHEEP
AND HI TO KITTY LURKING BEHIND YOU

and yes, the game came out.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
well not if you're talking about the 3ds version

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
well not if you're talking about the 3ds version
thanks ;_;

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
yeah this isn't really standing on its own.
And Gunvolt isn't "New Mega Man Zero" to you, or are there still sheep with the "lel let's hate Inafune because MN9" mentality?

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
But Gunvolt isn't New Mega Man Zero. It's a game about... I don't know, some depressing [parasitic bomb] and bad level design, I guess.

Offline Adelaide

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Alright. This japery is over. It was fun while it lasted... but let us get serious here I guess.

I don't care what the others think about MN9 or whatever the popular opinion is going around, but here is the [tornado fang]ing truth: If you remember back around the time I left RPM, I was involved in the huge spat over Inafune leaving Capcom and the closing of Legends 3. I distinctly received [parasitic bomb] for calling out the fact that Inafune was not a godsend to gaming and that he wouldn't fair well leaving Capcom like everyone thought.

Guess [tornado fang]ing what, he produced a copy-cat company, with a copy-cat game that was NOT successful (and no, Viper, I don't care that you have the hugest hardon for MN9, it was not a successful game), it had an endless wave of hype and expectations that the developers failed to deliever on and things they did bring were flawed at best.

This isn't from someone following the hype train or just hating on Inafune for the sake of it. This is just cold hard facts that I saw years ahead of time. He was riding his own dick and the sadness of those who had been loyal to Megaman or Capcom over years of childhood memories. Inafune, if anything, made off like bandit and provided a lackluster experience. "Oh he's so noble! He's leaving Capcom! Inafune, sign my tits!"

So yeah. Ya know, maybe you need to chill out a bit. I've seen your craze for MN9. I respect your passion, because I respect passion. But you make yourself look like a fool with how charged you are about this.

As for Gunvolt... yeah, it's a good example of a MMZ successor. (But it isn't the next MMZ) It's a solid series that is rather successful and I enjoyed what I played of it. I am willing to buy the sequel even. The same cannot be said of MN9. That's just the brass tacks of it. Take my two cents or leave 'em. If you get pissy about this, all I can say is don't take it personally. I'm just some [sonic slicer] over the internet, get over it.

All that said, your artistic capabilities are nice. And if you like Beck or MN9 a lot, keep it up.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Ok, calm down everyone.

Points have been made, let's move on.

Offline Adelaide

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Ok, calm down everyone.

Points have be made, let's move on.

Aww, but I was just getting started. :P

Honestly, that was all I had to say. If he got upset after that, that would be on him. ALSO

HI DOC! <3 Kitty says hi too.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
I'm just gonna leave a cute picture of my bro's kitty here.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
I'm just gonna leave a cute picture of my bro's kitty here.

Kitty! But this kitty cannot compare to the Kitty in Sheep's hands... Hooves... Whatever appendages Sheep uses.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Aww, but I was just getting started. :P

Honestly, that was all I had to say. If he got upset after that, that would be on him. ALSO

HI DOC! <3 Kitty says hi too.
Thanks for being considerate about my feelings.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Enough.

If Wily says to move on, you move on.