The Mana-Verse

Blue Valkyrie · 230153

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #325 on: January 28, 2015, 04:14:19 AM
"Alright, I think it's time we move on," Salem stated.

"Aww, already?" Pema frowned, "But, I want to stay with them!"

"If they're anything like the last group we ran into, well... there's going to a problem. I'm just a little cautious on who we can really trust," He explained.

"I know, but I think... I can trust them," She looked at the group, "For real, this time! My instincts are telling me I can."

"And where was that famed instinct of yours with the last group?"

"Ummm, I guess I forgot about using my instincts that time!" Pema scratched her head.

"You really don't know the meaning of the word 'instinct', do you...?" Salem exclaimed bluntly.

"I'm serious, Salem! I'm five hundred and eleventy eight percent sure! Super duper sure!" Her face brightened and her eyes sparkled, not particularly aware if what she said was an actual percentage, "Pleeeease believe me."

"... Well, if you're that certain of these people, I suppose it'll be alright. BE CAREFUL though, and stay alert at all times. We don't know anything about them," He warned.

"I will, silly! You worry too much," She twirled the staff and jogged over to Sakura, "Umm, excuse me. Would you mind if I joined your special club?"

(Fun fact: Pema was originally intended to be a new character in WilyRP.

However, I couldn't find a suitable way to fit her in the story, plus I already have a satisfactory amount of characters in there. I often worried that she'd make things needlessly convoluted, as I already write for Phi, Arche, Heinrich and Akane.)

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #326 on: January 28, 2015, 04:19:10 AM
"Well....uh what do you guys think?" Sakura turned to them.

"I think she'll be fine, she does seem to be able to take care of her self combat wise.  Not to mention, being a father, I don't like seeing a little girl by her self." Calien reasoned.

(Could use more imput on this.)

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #327 on: January 28, 2015, 04:22:30 AM
((Glad you got a chance to use the character after all.))

"You want to travel with us? Just like that?" Aya blinks a little surprised by Pema's positive attitude.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #328 on: January 28, 2015, 05:05:40 AM
Pema smiled, "Yeah! You guys look really cool!"

She glanced at the leaves of the trees, like she was reminiscing about something, "Mom always told me to look for the best in people, no matter what. She also said 'those who find the light within others have a special gift, and if we all do our part to trust others, the world would be a safer, healthier place'!"

She tapped a finger against her chin, "And, ummm, she said a whole bunch of other neat stuff, too!"

Pema focused her attention back to everyone, "I want to trust you guys, and I have a good feeling about you all!" She cheered.

"Pema..." Salem said quietly.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #329 on: January 28, 2015, 05:09:00 AM
"That's a good way of thinking." Sakura smiled warmly.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #330 on: January 28, 2015, 05:12:05 AM
Aya tilts her head as if she's sizing up Pema. "Doesn't bother me, more the merrier right?" Aya smiles.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #331 on: January 28, 2015, 11:38:01 AM
"I don't mind if everyone else is alright with it, but... you're going to have to learn how to hide your mana, else we'll get attacked pretty regularly," Fxeni says with a slight sigh.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #332 on: January 28, 2015, 09:11:37 PM
"He's right." Calien nodded "Judging by the signs I'm feeling it might be a matter of teaching her how to control and regulate her mana inputs and outputs.  We need to find a sweet spot between her high power potential without the risk of it going out of control or making her tire out too quickly and being able to have her control and hide her potential without weakening it. 

Also it may be a benefit to her if we keep the attention of our enemies on us and away from her so while we're distracting the enemy she can catch them off guard from a safe distance. 

The problem is I am not an expert in Black Magic what so ever and Sakura uses Black Magic in a very different way.  Me, Sakura and Toshi can teach her how to hide her presence but I don't know how to help her control her powers or Mana regulation which would hide her Mana signature.  Toshi might actually be able to help with Mana control, but I don't know how well her Chakra control techniques would translate to Mana control techniques.  Even if they are similar, Ninjutsu and Magic are very different.

(Calien seems to be really good at examining a person's strengths and weaknesses, and how they can be improved but he can't help with teaching skills he's not familiar with.  Not to  mention some applications of DBZ and Naruto logic.)

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #333 on: January 28, 2015, 11:12:28 PM
"I could help on either front," Fxeni said as he looked at Pema. "It should wait until we're away from here though."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #334 on: January 28, 2015, 11:16:26 PM
"Really, that sounds like a better idea." Calien said a bit surprised "I'll admit you keep surprising me with what you know Fxeni, it's almost like you're a Jack of all Trades."

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #335 on: January 28, 2015, 11:40:56 PM
"I've... been around in my field of work, suffice to say," Fxeni said sternly. He goes and picks up the transmitters of the detection field, and begins to pack them into the Cheval. "Although we should probably hurry, a bit of food would be good before we leave. If the deer is out of the option, is there anything that we could eat quickly?"

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #336 on: January 28, 2015, 11:51:00 PM
"There's lots of fruit in the trees and bushes me and Yin can go get some while you guys get the herbs." Sakura suggested as she handed Calien the bags.

"That sounds like a good idea....speaking of which where is Yin." Calien pondered.

"I think she was still in the house, Yin can you come out?" Sakura called.

After a few moments Yin slowly came out, but she was slow and pensive along with avoiding eye contact with Calien.  It was like she was feeling guilty.

"Yin...is everything okay?" Sakura came up to her and pet her.

Yin looked at Sakura with a look of shame and cried with lots of pauses as she explained what was wrong.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #337 on: January 29, 2015, 12:22:04 AM
((Anything to work out before Aya leads the party down to the source of the corruption? I want to get that plot point out of the way so Quickie can join in reasonably soon.))

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #338 on: January 29, 2015, 12:26:58 AM
((I'm catching up as we speak.  Still have some questions regarding the forest battle and certain elements, but I dropped those in the Supplement thread.))

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #339 on: January 29, 2015, 12:42:17 AM
(Only this part.)

"Sakura why is Yin so sad?" Calien asked.

"She said she got hungry and ate the deer when she couldn't take anymore so she feels really guilty." Sakura told him.

"Oh.....tell her it's fine, I'm not mad." Calien replied.

"Okay." Sakura nodded.

(Okay now we can skip past the herb picking and start heading out.  Sakura during the skip with gather fruit and call her Rapidash friend and both her and Calien will pack the rest of the stuff into the Cheval along with wearing hats to hide their ears.  So in other words I'm ready.)

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #340 on: January 29, 2015, 01:07:10 AM
((Sounds good this will be a bit of a longer post.))

After the group had prepared for the journey ahead Aya begins to lead the party through the deeper part of the forest where Sakura and her father had likely not tred very often. While the Emerald Forest was a dense forest at the best of times the deeper they traveled the thicker it became, until even the sun could not penetrate the canopy of trees.

However more worrying was the signs of corruption, the twisting force that had infected the wolf pack had also infected the local flora and fauna deeply, and the group got the unnerving feeling that they are being watched by all manner of animal life. Soon Aya motions for them to halt, she pushes through a bush and the group find them selves within a large clearing and it's obvious the cause of the corruption.

A swirling ball of chaos floating not far off the ground, time and space seem to distort in the local area with the chunks of the ground floating around it slowly; everyone but Aya also begin to feel a little sick to their stomach the closer they get to the chaos.

((A quick reminder, Chaos was used by the gods to create the world; it's the source of all potential but in it's natural state is completely poisonous to all mortal life. The gods controlled it by using the six elements Fire/Water/Wind/Earth/Light/Dark to shape it into Arcadia. The omni-gem was created to be a barrier between the world and the chaos within and out. Basically if chaos breaks into the world it causes great havoc and even the party won't be able to remain close for long.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #341 on: January 29, 2015, 01:11:06 AM
"Father is that...." Sakura asked.

"Yeah......I think that's what Aya is sensing and what made those wolves go nuts." Calien nodded.

"But....what do we do?" Sakura asked.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #342 on: January 29, 2015, 01:19:18 AM
Aya ponders "I'm not sure why but I think--I can close this, maybe."

((The more magically inclined would know that Chaos can be controlled by all the elements working as one, and that Aya's weapon seems to be mana based but lacks an element at all; it may be a decent catalyst to seal the breach if the party worked together at it.))

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #343 on: January 29, 2015, 01:21:48 AM
(Looks like a job for Fxeni and Pema to deduce.)

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #344 on: January 29, 2015, 01:22:26 AM
((Yep!))

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #345 on: January 29, 2015, 01:23:03 AM
"I sure hope so... not feeling too hot," Fxeni replied as he rubs his forehead. "What do you need to do?"

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #346 on: January 29, 2015, 01:33:46 AM
"Yeah I feel a little sick too." Sakura nodded.

"Yeah even I feel off." Calien groaned as a thought crossed his mind.

"<Could this be....like how that realm was corrupted and turned everything within that realm into that world?>"

(More crytic stuff that will make you face palm when you see where I'm going with this along with the other hints I've been sprinkling around.  The bottom are Calien's thoughts by the way.)

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #347 on: January 29, 2015, 01:34:23 AM
Aya summons her blade pointing the tip at the breach. A small beam of mana fires from the blade into the rift and seems to have a positive effect at first, however it slows and soon fails to close it any further as if lacking the power on it's own.

"I-It's not closing." Aya bites her bottom lip seemingly hell bent on closing the breach.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #348 on: January 29, 2015, 01:38:05 AM
(I think Pema might have an idea.)

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #349 on: January 29, 2015, 01:40:14 AM
"Interesting... I've never seen this sort of thing done before. It looks like you might need more Mana before that will work though. Mind if I help?" Fxeni said as he concentrated on the blade, a faint glow appearing around his outstretched hand.