Kirby Pink · 4155

Offline Kirby Pink

• Joker
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • "I play a card."
    • View Profile
    • Sprite Album
on: February 11, 2013, 12:48:02 AM
Mega fans, i herby present the... well, there was suppose to be a demo here, but we kinda hit a snag.
Allow me too explain what it is.

Mega Man TCG is a card game based on, what else, Mega Man. You use cards to do battle with your opponent
and take down his/her health.

Cards look like this:

Now , these cards are just temporary until Elreyjgz gets around making the final ones. These i made.
How does it work? If you have played either Pokémon / Yu-Gi-Oh it should be familar.
Except for two things. Bolts and blocks.
A Bolt is used for cards to either craft or use powerful attacks. Similar to how Pokémon have energy. If you use a bolt, it gets reduced from your 12 bolts. To gain a bolt, destroy a opponent card.

The field atm, looks sorta like this:

The middle part is where block cards are. The idea behind block cards, is just that, block your opponent from attacking you. Some block cards have certain effects. Like improve that lines attack, gain a extra bolt etc.

But wait, your opponent have 5 cards on field, you have none? Fear not! Stage Cards! When certain cards with Score are defeated, or cards are used, you gain a score counter for your stage card.
It can range between crafting cards more easily, gain cards and destroy your opponent field.

You can view all 62 made cards over at:
http://smg.beta.photobucket.com/user/Werty2132/library/MegaManCards
Type in Megaman as password.

Now, there will be: Story Mode and Online mode.
In story mode you can pick between all Generations of Mega Man, each having there own chapters.
You walk around, do a main quest and side quests while dueling other characters from the series.
The story mode is writen by my friend Zoston.

Online mode is just that, you can play against another person.

Jeffro826 is doing the engine from scratch in C++, and Elreyjgz is doing some graphical designs.

Now demo will be released when ? Soon TM?  Atm, Jeffro is a bit busy cause of start of new year, but he works on it when he can. Ive written up for about 200 cards already.I also work on the sprites:

What we do need is a background artist and story mode is as much as set.
I could use another card writer.

I can´t go into alot of details, like story and such.But rest assured, whats been done so far is good.

A duel works like this.
You and your opponent have 40 HP and 40 cards contains of Battle Cards (Basic, Advance, Elite, Bolt), Support cards (Quick,Equip,Stage,Normal) and trap cards (Counter,Equip).
You craft a Basic card on field, then attack a Opponent battle card with a attack listed.
Read the card attack and see result. If any damage goes over current HP, it does Over Damage on opponent.
Reach 0 and you lose.
A Basic card can next turn be upgraded to a Advance card. A slightly more powerful version, then a Elite Card.
A Bolt Card, the powerful one of them all, requires bolt to be crafted.They usually are as strong as a Elite or Advance and have attacks that can effect either whole field or wreck havoc on a single card.

You use support cards to power up or edit the field to your advantage.

Traps are , just in games, there to destroy the opponent when he tries something.

So, like what you read so far? See a change needed? Got a suggestion? Comment away.

Offline Cherrykorock

• Dr Light's other creation
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Zero can divide by Zero.
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 01:57:07 AM
This seems pretty cool but will the characters have special abilities that activate? For example we all know that Megaman can copy weapon data. So would he be able to copy an attack of a robot master card he defeats? E.G. Mega defeats opponents MetalMan card, he acquires the use of Metal  Blade for X amount of turns. I'm sorry if it seems like a silly question when you haven't released all the details. =P I do really love this idea though and am a bit excited for whenever the demo launches! It's a great idea and with some love I think it'll turn out pretty awesome.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 05:10:57 AM
... I am interested in this.
Even though I have no one to play it with.  XD

Offline Kirby Pink

• Joker
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • "I play a card."
    • View Profile
    • Sprite Album
Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 10:45:05 AM
Yes, cards do have Abilties.
They are written at the bottom.
Look on the Mega Man card and see how it says Variable Weapon System?
Too save space on the card, and since many other characters have same abilties, there will be side cards.
Simply hit a button on keyboard and it brings up Side Card Info on that ability.

Variable Weapon System: When a battle card with this ability attacks and destroy a opponent battle card,equip it to this card with this ability. When the equipped battle card attacks, you may pick a attack from the equipped card instead.Afterwards ,discard that card to the scrapyard.

Not to worry Joseph, there is always the PC to play against :P