Reply #1250 on: September 19, 2015, 02:08:09 AM
I'm sure they would be fine then.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #1251 on: September 19, 2015, 02:28:33 AM
There was also another game they got planned for the 3DS but the quietly canceled that one.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1252 on: September 19, 2015, 11:07:26 AM
A 4.4 Mirrion Dorra game MN9 is definitely not.

Not when better looking games have been made for far less

At this point im convinced that the forum backers have just barely been listened to, or that the forum was a bad idea to begin with and they should have just made the game according to their vision

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #1253 on: September 20, 2015, 10:31:17 AM
or that the forum was a bad idea to begin with and they should have just made the game according to their vision
I swear, it's almost as if this has happened before...!

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1254 on: September 26, 2015, 02:16:26 AM
So the demo is pretty fun so far.

Finished the first stage and the did a bit of Pyro's level. The absorb gimmick is kinda neat I'm sure there is more to it than what I've seen but I like the limited buffs you get, Running, jumping and dashing all seem nice and smooth and I really like the voice acting so far.

Game is about what I expected-a 2D game in 3D with smooth controls-solid level design (thus far) and great music. I'll need to try a controller next time I play.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1255 on: September 26, 2015, 04:01:10 AM
A demo?
Givemegivemegiveme!

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #1256 on: September 26, 2015, 04:08:07 AM
Unfortunately it's Backer only.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1257 on: September 26, 2015, 04:30:39 AM
NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU *fires fin funnels*

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1258 on: September 26, 2015, 04:51:54 AM
I know how you feel, Doc...

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #1259 on: September 26, 2015, 04:55:39 AM
Its DRM Free, however.

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #1260 on: September 26, 2015, 07:49:59 PM
Pretty cool how the demo is like 5 stages long. That's a lot of content compared to other demos. <3

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1261 on: September 26, 2015, 10:41:15 PM
ill be honest, it felt kinda meh.

it played fine I guess, but had some odd design choices, and visually its just still kinda bland. better than the earlier demo version, but still just... I cant put my finger on it.

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1262 on: September 27, 2015, 02:39:31 AM
had some odd design choices, and visually its just still kinda bland.

So.... Megaman X7 but minus the slowness and 3D [parasitic bomb]?

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1263 on: September 27, 2015, 02:55:32 AM
I think that might be pushing it.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1264 on: September 27, 2015, 02:57:39 AM
I think that might be pushing it.

Yeah, but the graphics sure look it.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1265 on: September 27, 2015, 03:37:49 AM
If anything, it sounds like an improvement over X7.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1266 on: September 27, 2015, 07:07:58 PM
X7 looks better than this game does. Inti is either having issues with the lighting engine, or cannot seem to understand how to appropriately color this game. It is too dark. No selective contrast and highlighting of important intractable things like, stand-able surfaces, enemies, the player, etc. They don't stand out from the backgrounds. The whole thing is just too dark and hard to see.

Maybe I will play it on stream today. I saw Zan playing it the day the demo came out, but haven't done so myself yet.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1267 on: September 27, 2015, 07:14:14 PM
Come to think of it I do remember Brandish's stage in particular from the trailer being too dark and fuzzy even if it was sunset. 

The game does need a bit of pop and polish in some places, not to mention some more color in the background couldn't hurt either.  Like I said I don't mind the graphics and think they are okay but I do agree it could have been better and some tweaks would definitely be very much appreciated but it is late and most likely won't happen.

However as long as the game plays well I probably won't mind so much.  Also need to hear more music again, the soundtrack is also equally important.  I'm basically trying to go in with minimal expectations since I really want to treat it as it's own thing and not compare it to Megaman.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1268 on: September 27, 2015, 08:44:15 PM
Music sounds pretty damn good to me!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1269 on: September 28, 2015, 02:17:57 AM
X7 looks better than this game does. Inti is either having issues with the lighting engine, or cannot seem to understand how to appropriately color this game. It is too dark. No selective contrast and highlighting of important intractable things like, stand-able surfaces, enemies, the player, etc. They don't stand out from the backgrounds. The whole thing is just too dark and hard to see.
for all of X7's flaws, it's visuals definitely weren't one of them. X7 i'd say looks better than X8 in some spots.
but yeah, the game just doesnt have a discernible visual style. It really looks amateurish as far as a 3D game goes, which is inexcusable, as Inti has experience with those. So i can only imagine the problem is the art direction, or something about the directing in general.

I mean, Bloodstained already looked better from just a small 1 room mockup. Though I cant really say that. Mighty no 9's own mockup looked arguably better than the final thing too

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1270 on: September 28, 2015, 03:21:34 AM
Come to think of it I do remember Brandish's stage in particular from the trailer being too dark and fuzzy even if it was sunset. 

The game does need a bit of pop and polish in some places, not to mention some more color in the background couldn't hurt either.  Like I said I don't mind the graphics and think they are okay but I do agree it could have been better and some tweaks would definitely be very much appreciated but it is late and most likely won't happen.

However as long as the game plays well I probably won't mind so much.  Also need to hear more music again, the soundtrack is also equally important.  I'm basically trying to go in with minimal expectations since I really want to treat it as it's own thing and not compare it to Megaman.

Soundtrack sounded pretty good-I love that title music the most still though. I admit I gotta listen to it outside the game a bit too though. But yeah graphics aside the gameplay is really solid-I really like the dash absorb idea-it's a neat way to separate Beck from Megaman.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #1271 on: September 29, 2015, 06:25:57 PM
but yeah, the game just doesnt have a discernible visual style. It really looks amateurish as far as a 3D game goes, which is inexcusable, as Inti has experience with those. So i can only imagine the problem is the art direction, or something about the directing in general.

Between Speed Power Gunbike, Gal Gun and some rare DS/3DS titles, Inti actually has fairly little experience with 3D. Their primary body of works consists of 2D platformers.  Still, this begs the question as to why the initial WIP footage actually looked better. It's as if they're deliberately holding back Mighty No.'s graphical performance for the sake of porting.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1272 on: September 29, 2015, 10:25:47 PM
It's as if they're deliberately holding back Mighty No.'s graphical performance for the sake of porting.

I haven't really thought too much about that, but I think that's a very good point. They may have gimped it for that reason. Or at the very least have not been able to have enough time to find a suitable middle ground to retrain performance.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #1273 on: October 03, 2015, 11:44:43 AM
Kind of wish they'd of done it on UE4 since that was an up and rising thing two years ago and now is open to all (to the point that Kingdom Hearts III is running on it as of last year with direct tech support from Epic themselves), but I suppose it would've limited porting in the long run to a degree. Just the natural capabilities of UE4 alone tend to make UE3 look ugly as sin in some situations without some real serious effort put into the visuals.

And Mighty No. 9 is definitely a game suffering from that department.

Offline Soultrigger

• Resistance Member
  • Weapon Get!
    • View Profile
Reply #1274 on: October 07, 2015, 10:11:11 AM
I feel like they should've at least unlocked a special weapon or 2. Just the buster gets kinda boring.

Also, got bored and set my score to 99999 and combo counter to 99. Slightly amusing to see a bunch of achievements light up at once.

Bad Box Art Snake Man Joins the Battle!