The Blind Archer · 15692

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #50 on: March 20, 2009, 02:13:15 AM
Any unit that can't be promoted has a max level of 30, so I'm assuming that Nagi can only go up to lv. 30.
I know that, all Manaketes can go to Level 30.  What I meant was, how much experience is available in the Endgame?  She starts at Level 15, that leaves a pretty long way to go.

I'd list that as another reason I miss Bonus Experience, except that Nagi isn't even accessible in the Endgame preparations.  She just teleports in on turn 1.

If you do plan on making a WiFi team, or a re-run, make your WiFi team by the last Arena, and then Arena Abuse them until they've maxed out in levels and skill ranks (which helps since Gotoh isn't lv. 20 and doing so takes forever).
Believe me, levels and skill ranks are the easy part.  My only units NOT maxed are Ymir, Elice, and Nagi (no Arenas after their recruiting and not enough time, although Ymir came pretty close so I could top him off in the Endgame if I really wanted to).

On a side note, can Hammerne work on the dragon stones?
I haven't tested, but I'd imagine it will, considering the fact that Starsphere does.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: March 20, 2009, 02:19:44 AM
I know that, all Manaketes can go to Level 30.  What I meant was, how much experience is available in the Endgame?  She starts at Level 15, that leaves a pretty long way to go.

Oh. My guess is if you use her enough times (meaning using ONLY her), then I guess it would be possible to get her to lv. 30. Just have a healer or two behind her and let'er go.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: March 20, 2009, 02:22:45 AM
I kinda doubt that, but I'll try.  15 levels is a long way.

Oh, and I confirmed the Hammerne thing.  Yes, it works on Dragonstones. 

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: March 20, 2009, 02:24:23 AM
I kinda doubt that, but I'll try.  15 levels is a long way.

Oh, and I confirmed the Hammerne thing.  Yes, it works on Dragonstones. 

sweet.

It may be possible. I mean, Gotoh's like lv. 18 or something when he joins, right? It's possible to get him to lv. 20 and he's an upgraded unit. I'd imagine Nagi being able to get way more exp than upgraded units.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: March 21, 2009, 03:33:36 AM
Using only Nagi is going to be tougher than I thought.  Inevitably trying to solo the Endgame results in your tank getting mobbed.  Nagi was doing great until two idiots came at her with a Wyrmslayer in the same turn. >_<

Posted on: March 19, 2009, 10:28:43 PM
Well, I finally managed it.  Nagi got to 27 or 28, so she's not too shabby.  She PROBABLY could get to 30 if it were possible to truly solo the Endgame, but it really isn't.  The multitude of reinforcements make it near impossible for any support characters to find a safe spot, especially not without camping at forts and sacrificing experience from the reinforcements.  Oh well, at least I got Ymir up to 20 while I was at it.  I'd have LIKED to try and build Elice off of Staff experience while I was at it, but there is way too much Ballistae fire.  I'm not at all confident in her ability to survive.

Oh, and interesting fact: Medeus has a different opening line if you have Nagi attack him.  He recognizes her; evidently she participated in the last battle against him and was slain.

Finally, Theives DO NOT see further in Fog of War.  Not in Shadow Dragon, anyway.  So there goes that idea.  But hey, Julian's cool anyway.