X8. I didnt like it all that much.

Flame · 58156

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #175 on: September 26, 2009, 05:16:53 AM
The only thing about X4 that I didn't care for was the soundtrack.  I honestly think it's one of the weakest in the X series.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #176 on: September 26, 2009, 05:22:46 AM
The only thing about X4 that I didn't care for was the soundtrack.  I honestly think it's one of the weakest in the X series.

The only good things about X6:
Blaze Heatnix's BGM and Final Sigma theme.

X4's soundtrack ventured into techno and ambient waaaay too much. Some generic orchestra, but that's it.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #177 on: September 26, 2009, 05:25:23 AM
wuuuuut I thought it was one of the best. X Zero Double and Sigma had the best themes ever. and the music matched the stage. Slash beats music really felt like train music. and Iris theme was sad. I didnt care much for the Colonel/General theme, but It grew on me.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #178 on: September 26, 2009, 05:32:31 AM
X4's soundtrack was just way too high pitched for my own tastes, especially compared to the SNES soundtracks.  Both X & Zero's opening themes are not even close to being as awesome as their opening themes from the SNES X games.

Don't get me wrong.  I do like the X4 soundtrack.  But compared to the other X series games, I think it's one of the weakest.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #179 on: September 26, 2009, 05:35:27 AM
Well thats what Opinions are, lol. each to their own. personally there has never been a Megaman/Megaman X soundtrack I didnt like. just like Sega, not matter the game, they always make awesome soundtracks. except X8. I didnt like it too much. it had a few good ones, but nothing memorable. it overemphasized the electric guitar too.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #180 on: September 26, 2009, 05:40:31 AM
Zero's X4 theme would have been the best if it were tweaked to be a little deeper, sound more like a boss theme.

Y'know, Wily-created and all.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #181 on: September 26, 2009, 05:41:17 AM
Agreed, to each his own.  X8 had a few flaws to it's stage songs, but overall I thought it was a fantastic soundtrack.  Hell, I think Jacob is one of Capcom's crowning achievements in terms of stage music.  

See, there's another problem I had with X4's music too; the Final Stages.  They. Are. So. Bland.  

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #182 on: September 26, 2009, 05:45:10 AM
And to make things worse, X5's catchiest tune was DISCO DANCE SIGMA STAGE.

D. I. S. C. O.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #183 on: September 26, 2009, 05:49:21 AM
Oh, I love X5's soundtrack.  Especially RAVE Zero Stage 2.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #184 on: September 26, 2009, 05:49:32 AM
I don't think that, barring Xtreme1, there is such a thing as an X-series game with a bad soundtrack.  However, much as I liked X8's I do have to admit that variety was not its strong point.  Almost the entire game outside of Lumine uses the same style and instruments.

That said, loved the Boss, Ride Armor, Intermission, and many others.

*ZEE UPPERCUT!!*
You forgot Gate's Lab.

X4's soundtrack was just way too high pitched for my own tastes, especially compared to the SNES soundtracks.  Both X & Zero's opening themes are not even close to being as awesome as their opening themes from the SNES X games.
I resent that.  X's X4 theme is among the best, with only Command Mission and X2 being in the same league.  Zero's is pretty solid as well.  Beats the hell out of X3's. >U<

See, there's another problem I had with X4's music too; the Final Stages.  They. Are. So. Bland.
Not as bad as Zero Virus stages.

Between that, X, and positively horrendous standard boss theme, it's very tempting for me to dismiss X5 as the worst main-series soundtrack.  But it has a lot of redeeming points.  Awesome Sigma, Zero, and special boss themes, and two SNES remixes.  "First half" of the stage themes (though I detest the fact that I can describe X5's stages that way) is all-around good, too.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #185 on: September 26, 2009, 05:54:57 AM
Gate's Stages...can't remember...

(X2 themes)

OH. Well, yeah. Of course they're going to rock when they've got SNES composition.

[spoiler]Gravity Beetle: Now playing in a head near you![/spoiler]

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #186 on: September 26, 2009, 06:00:16 AM
I resent that.  X's X4 theme is among the best, with only Command Mission and X2 being in the same league.  Zero's is pretty solid as well.  Beats the hell out of X3's. >U<

X4's X theme isn't terrible.  I'm not saying it is.  However, it takes a whole 29 seconds for it to get to the good part of the song.  The beginning 30 seconds sounds like a high pitched kid whining.  After that, it's pretty good.  But the SNES series tracks start off [tornado fang]ing awesome, and continue that way.

And I like X4 Zero's theme, but I agree with what Aido said earlier above about if it were deeper, it would've been better.  LoL, and it doesn't even come close to being better than X3's, the best Zero theme there is.

Not as bad as Zero Virus stages.

Between that, X, and positively horrendous standard boss theme, it's very tempting for me to dismiss X5 as the worst main-series soundtrack.  But it has a lot of redeeming points.  Awesome Sigma, Zero, and special boss themes, and two SNES remixes.  "First half" of the stage themes (though I detest the fact that I can describe X5's stages that way) is all-around good, too.

A lot worse than Zero Virus stages.  Even though Zero Stage 1 is pretty bland in itself, it still sets the mood a lot better than the X4 Final Stages.  LoL, and there is NOTHING bland about RAVE ZERO STAGE 2 music.  

Regarding X5's Boss Theme, that I can totally understand people not liking, even though it's one of my personal all time favorites, due to the bizarre nature to it.  However, X4 had one of the worst boss themes in the X series, IMO.  

And again, I'm not saying I don't like X4's Soundtrack.  I like a lot of the stage music.  IMO, it's one of my least favorite.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #187 on: September 26, 2009, 06:07:09 AM
Even though Zero Stage 1 is pretty bland in itself, it still sets the mood a lot better than the X4 Final Stages.
The problem is that ship already sailed because they re-used it as the second Stage Select theme, and for the Zero Virus reveal cutscene.  The tune is repetitive enough in itself, so I really feel that was uncalled for.  Nor do I feel the extra bit for stage BGM contributed any to the atmosphere.

LoL, and there is NOTHING bland about RAVE ZERO STAGE 2 music.
Call me nitpicky, but I don't consider that Zero Virus music.  I consider that Sigma music.  8D

However, X4 had one of the worst boss themes in the X series, IMO.
My personal opinion, so far as generic boss themes go:
X8 (first part)>X1>X7>X6>X4>X3>X2>X8 (second part)>X5

X5's is just entirely too screechy, not to mention slow, for me to consider it good fight music.  If it was the villain making a speech, maybe...  But it just doesn't get me in the mood to blow anything up, other than my speakers if the fight lasts too long (which unfortunately happens easily in X5 on Xtreme mode).

As for Zero, the "needs to be deeper" shpiel is what I think of X3's.  Pretty much every other Zero theme we've ever heard IS deeper, so X3's comes off as unfitting to me.  Heroic, sure, but it just sounds like it should belong to a different character.  Darkesword's Beamsaber Beat helped me warm up to it a little better, but I still think that most any other Zero theme is superior (granted I also don't think that's saying a lot as pretty much every Zero theme kicks ass).

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #188 on: September 26, 2009, 06:10:00 AM
I'll do it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP1TkBr5OSY&fmt=18[/youtube]

Somebody had to do it.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #189 on: September 26, 2009, 06:16:51 AM
And to make things worse, X5's catchiest tune was DISCO DANCE SIGMA STAGE.

D. I. S. C. O.
what's wrong with disco?

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #190 on: September 26, 2009, 06:20:12 AM
what's wrong with disco?

The idea that it would beat any form of RAWK!

I happily admit defeat this time, though.
Besides, RAWK is still in that song, just kinda kickin' it backline.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #191 on: September 26, 2009, 06:28:50 AM
The problem is that ship already sailed because they re-used it as the second Stage Select theme, and for the Zero Virus reveal cutscene.  The tune is repetitive enough in itself, so I really feel that was uncalled for.  Nor do I feel the extra bit for stage BGM contributed any to the atmosphere.

Oh, I'm not fully defending the Zero Stage 1 song.  I agree with you on that part.  Even so, the Final Stage music for X4 does absolutely nothing for me.  Especially if you compare it to the SNES tracks, Gate's Theme, Jacob, RAVE ZERO STAGE 2, and so on!  

Call me nitpicky, but I don't consider that Zero Virus music.  I consider that Sigma music.  8D

Hey, it says ZERO STAGE 2 on my X1-X6 Collection Soundtrack, so that's what I call it!   8D

My personal opinion, so far as generic boss themes go:
X8 (first part)>X1>X7>X6>X4>X3>X2>X8 (second part)>X5

X5's is just entirely too screechy for me to consider it good fight music.  If it was the villain making a speech, maybe...

Wow.  You rate X3's boss theme a LOT higher than I do, as I think it's the worst...in possibly all of MM.  It goes absolutely nowhere.  And as I said, I can fully understand why people don't like X5's boss theme.  I just love the technological bizarre-ness of it.  

As for Zero, the "needs to be deeper" shpiel is what I think of X3's.  Pretty much every other Zero theme we've ever heard IS deeper, so X3's comes off as unfitting to me.  Heroic, sure, but it just sounds like it should belong to a different character.  Darkesword's Beamsaber Beat helped me warm up to it a little better, but I still think that most any other Zero theme is superior (granted I also don't think that's saying a lot as pretty much every Zero theme kicks ass).

I think X3's is the best because of the heroism behind it, plus it's fantastic intro and great drum & guitar work throughout it.  It the same reason I like X1's a lot (both the Heroic intro & the soft "One day you'll be as powerful as me" arrogant theme), along with X4's.  X5's Opening Zero theme sounds like they were going for a whole "mysterious" type vibe to it, which works for the game, but overall not one of my favorites.  And again, X2's is fantastic, but it just sounds way too boss battle-ish, and it doesn't even last that long.  It's done in 15 seconds before the loop starts up again.  LoL, but you and I have been over this in many a topic, and it's clear we're getting nowhere!  XD

I'll do it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP1TkBr5OSY&fmt=18[/youtube]

Somebody had to do it.

I'm thinking of making a video of me dancing to this!  XD

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #192 on: September 26, 2009, 06:32:20 AM
I'm just shakin' it; workin' on dishes.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #193 on: September 26, 2009, 07:18:21 AM
[tornado fang] yeah Disco Sigma. Actually, He looks like some kind of Disco reject in X5. with that all white outfit of his and his cape of flashy purpleness.

also, X4 final music was really something for sure. FEAR TEH ORGANY MUSIC AND GRIM REAPER SIGMA!

Posted on: September 26, 2009, 01:10:57 AM
You cannot deny the epicness of Jet Stingray's stage.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCic3Or2gQs[/youtube]

Also, X4 did have one thing for it, and its this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGZht8LDzJM

The only intro boss in the X series along with the X7 scorpion, that has his own music.

al the others either use fortress boss music, or boss music.

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #194 on: September 26, 2009, 07:47:47 AM
I don't think that, barring Xtreme1, there is such a thing as an X-series game with a bad soundtrack.
And Xtreme's soundtrack is okay as long as you aren't actually playing and thus not ruining the music with interruptions from sound effects!

You rate X3's boss theme a LOT higher than I do, as I think it's the worst...in possibly all of MM.  It goes absolutely nowhere.
It doesn't have to, it's a boss theme!  It should be the same rockin' poundin' melody over and over, to match you getting pounded by the boss over and over.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #195 on: September 26, 2009, 09:36:46 AM
It doesn't have to, it's a boss theme!  It should be the same rockin' poundin' melody over and over, to match you getting pounded by the boss over and over.
Except for the fact that X3's bosses are the stupidest of the bunch >_>'

X1 has my favourite soundtrack of the series, closely followed by X2's (Counter Hunter Stage 1 greatly attributes to this). X3... I like the two Intro Stage themes (I guess you could consider them X and Zero's themes), but the same can't be said for the rest of the game. Well, aside from Gravity Beetle's stage.

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #196 on: September 26, 2009, 09:41:04 AM
But X3 was overall the most metal, right?

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #197 on: September 26, 2009, 11:41:29 AM
Opening stage (overseas version), Yammark stage, Shieldner Sheldon stage, INFINITY MIJINION stage, every single boss theme.
The terribleness of Ground Scaravich almost makes up for all that though.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #198 on: September 26, 2009, 12:07:57 PM
I'll again reiterate that X is as dead as Zero in X5.  I'm not sure by what logic it is assumed that only X's creator would take measures to ensure his survival when we know as stated fact that Zero's creator was already involved in the virus-colony plot.

I don't get it either, but it's the same logic that without raising questions can make a body completely vanish despite the weapon on its back still being completely intact and left behind in the place of the incident.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #199 on: September 26, 2009, 05:29:59 PM
Well, in-game characters are often morons for reasons of plot development.

LoL, but you and I have been over this in many a topic, and it's clear we're getting nowhere!  XD
Hey, we're reminding ourselves of kickass music, that's ALWAYS getting somewhere. 8)

Hey, it says ZERO STAGE 2 on my X1-X6 Collection Soundtrack, so that's what I call it!   8D
Yeah, and Brawl refers to Crystal Flash as Power Suit Samus. >U<

Although in all fairness I didn't take that close a look at the X1-6 track list (I do have it lying around somewhere), so that was a good point.

You rate X3's boss theme a LOT higher than I do, as I think it's the worst...in possibly all of MM.
Well, that's what I think of X5's.

But, as said by others, I don't think a boss theme necessarily needs to go anywhere.  X3's is repetitive, and that's why I kicked it down lower (I hate X8's second part, too, so X2 is the only "dignified" theme that X3's outclasses in my book), but it is hard-rocking enough that it gets the blood pumping.  That, to me, is critical for a good fight theme (why do you think I'm so obsessed with Live And Learn in Smash?).