Golden Sun

Acid · 25703

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: January 10, 2009, 03:13:13 PM
Oh yeah! I completely forgot about that one!

Man this game was so great.

I hope that Golden Sun 3 (should we ever get it) doesn't change the battle system. It's perfect the way it is. But some HD sprites a lá 'Wario Land Shake Dimension' would rock.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: January 10, 2009, 05:50:44 PM
I think Felix' and Isaac's Ragnarok skill looks cooler than Megiddo.

(A little confusion here, that attack where they ram a gigantic sword into the enemy is called Ragnarok in the US too, right?)

Yeah, Ragnarok and Odyssey are awesome, but those two are psynergies, and Megiddo is a normal attack. What other RPG lets you drop the Sun on someone as a normal attack? No other RPG, and that's why I love Golden Sun XD

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: January 10, 2009, 07:13:28 PM
I know. Megiddo is insanely broken. There's a chance of like... 70% it will trigger. That's ridiculious. Increase someone strength with spells and you can do some whopping 2500 damage.

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: January 10, 2009, 09:27:27 PM
FFFF Give Isaac the Excalibur.  He'd be unleashing that thing every 1-2 turns or even do constant unleashes every turn. (srsly.)

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: January 10, 2009, 09:28:20 PM
That's what I did. I can take the final boss down in a matter of turns.

Dullahan however... is another story.

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: January 10, 2009, 09:31:29 PM
Sadly I beated Dullahan via the summon way >.>''''''.  One day i'll beat him normally, after having a giggle w/ the Wonder Phoenixes (I think that's what they're called...)

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: January 10, 2009, 09:37:29 PM
I barely summon. I didn't even want to use them. Using Djinns in a fight that hard? No way in hell.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: January 11, 2009, 06:01:19 AM
Yeah, I summon rushed Dullahan too. He can wipe out a full level 99 party without much problem. He is truly a deadly boss simply because he nerfs your whole party's djinn's into recovery mode, heals a good chunk of HP (300 doesn't sound like a lot, but it will be once he uses the prior attack) and Ars Arcanum (I believe that's what it was called) does a nasty amount of damage... never mind him being able to summon Charon.

At the same time, it's good to have a secret boss who can put to shame a well leveled party. Makes the fight all the better.

Oh, and of course, once you beat Dullahan in the game, he'll appear in the Colosseum monster arena, only be MUCH harder. I've never beaten him when he shows up.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: January 15, 2009, 07:14:30 PM
Sadly I beated Dullahan via the summon way >.>''''''.  One day i'll beat him normally, after having a giggle w/ the Wonder Phoenixes (I think that's what they're called...)

I'm not sure what the 'summon way' is, but I'm going to take a wild guess and say that you summoned every single Djinn prior to the fight and then used the spells that they make or whatever. I'm about 90% sure that's what it's called, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

newbie help in the first one: after I beat Tret, is the town supposed to still be filled with tree-people, or was there something I was supposed to do?

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: January 15, 2009, 08:46:08 PM
You need to get Mia to cure him with the Water of Hermes from Imil.

Summon Rush is putting all your djinn on standby and nailing the boss with the strongest summons you can. It's great for taking off large chunks of HP, but if you don't down him quickly after, you'll likely be wiped out because of how utterly weak you are without djinn set to your character.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: January 15, 2009, 09:00:35 PM
Ah, thanks for that. I found out I missed a good chunk of stuff so I'm heading back there to get it. Now I'll be able to continue on in game.

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: January 15, 2009, 09:02:50 PM
Ah, thanks for that. I found out I missed a good chunk of stuff so I'm heading back there to get it. Now I'll be able to continue on in game.

Oh, you'll see a tree fell into the river before Kolima at a checkpoint... yeah, you'll want to use move on that tree. It's worth it for the result and the subsequent item in The Lost Age.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: January 15, 2009, 09:38:16 PM
Which one is it?

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: January 15, 2009, 10:49:16 PM
I think you get an item from some travelers while in... Champa. I think you need to go there after Jupiter Lighthouse.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: January 16, 2009, 01:55:19 AM
I think you get an item from some travelers while in... Champa. I think you need to go there after Jupiter Lighthouse.

the Lighthouse in the 2nd or 1st one? (now I'm confused ><)

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: January 16, 2009, 02:04:41 AM
The first game only has the Mercury and Venus lighouses, you tell me.

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: January 16, 2009, 02:27:35 AM
I'm being nice and keeping it spoiler-free. :P

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: January 16, 2009, 03:29:17 AM
The first game only has the Mercury and Venus lighouses, you tell me.

How am I supposed to know what the hell goes on, I'm still on the first one and I've only gotten the Mercury lighthouse part done (like JUST done).

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #43 on: June 20, 2010, 10:27:22 PM
It's a NECROPOST! OF GREAT NECROSITY!

Or not, since I've got a whole hell of a lot of relevant information from Dark Dawn, the recently named DS installment due out this Christmas.

Quote from: Press Release
It's Always Darkest Before the Dawn
A classic role-playing game branches out with a new look, countless adventures, and heroic battles. The game picks up 30 years after the first two games in the series left off. A the end of Golden Sun: The Lost Age, The heroes succeeded in bringing the world-healing power of the Golden Sun back to the world of Weyard. In the years since, the immense power of the Golden Sun has changed nearly everything. Continents have shifted. New countries have emerged. New species have appeared. But the world is now imperiled by a new threat. Psynergy Vortexes, which suck the elemental Psynergy from both the land and pwer-wielding Adepts alike, are spreading across the world. The new generation of heroes - the children of those from the previous games - are drawn into the mystery behind the vortexes, as they cross a chaotic world that is succumbing to a new evil.

FEATURES:
  • Amazing graphics and beautifully animated summoning abilities that span both Nintendo DS screens let players experience the game like never before.
  • The story takes place 30 years after the final events of the second game, when the Golden Sun Effect occurred. The main characters are the descendents of the previous game's heroes.
  • Intutive touch-screen control has been implemented throughout the game, controlling character movements and the release of Psynergy - magical abilities with powerful effects over people and the environment. Touch control also streamlines battle commands and gives players a stronger tactile connection to the action on the screen.
  • Players will explore a vast and beautifully rendered world where they will find many treasures, encounter dangerous creatures and manipulate objects blocking their path. Players will also hunt for and collect Djinn, mysterious elemental elemental creatures used to summon powerful spirits in battle.
Nintendo Press Release Packet
NAME: guest
PASSWORD: nintendo

Matthew

Karis

Terrell
[spoiler=A few images]

[/spoiler]

More images in the press release.

This is enough relevant information, right?

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: June 20, 2010, 10:34:27 PM
Huh... 30 years only? Throught it would be more.

Hey that means Alex could beback. As the villain this time.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #45 on: June 20, 2010, 10:39:21 PM
It's a distinct possibility, considering that two of the screens show who I suspect is Isaac; the last one has Garet too, I think. Look at their poses and weapons; same as in the GBA titles.

Also, the fourth screenie I posted gives away the name of a fourth character, Crown... hmm...

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: June 21, 2010, 12:47:09 AM
Now comes the Internet fun time game of fun-ness...

Who are the parents?

(collective groan from some people)

...Well, based on the two moves Matthew knows from screen shot (Move and Flame, I believe) It's pretty much almost a giveaway Isaac and Jenna are his parents.

Not too sure on the rest, Terrel looking like Garet aside. Karis having green hair is a bit of a throw off, though she likely uses wind.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #47 on: June 21, 2010, 01:12:10 AM
Also remember these lines from TLA.
Quote from: Me in an e-mail to a former friend, a while back
Anyways, while playing through GS2, two lines said by characters caught me. Mind Read Kushinada in Izumo after learning Sand  and she thinks, "If Felix's descendants are ever in trouble, our Takeru will rush to their aid." Takeru is what she's gonna name her son. Also, after beating Doom Dragon, enter the house east of the Inn in Prox. The man says, "I think the rift to the north started receding when the lighthouse was lit." His wife says, "I wonder if that hole up north has stopped growing. What if it starts again?" So there might be an event in Izumo in GSDS, and there might be a much larger Weyard to explore too. Because if the rift visibly receded in the minutes following the lighting of the Mars Beacon, however much time has passed in GSDS should be sufficient for Weyard to be fully nourished and have regained it's former splendor and size. Which is pretty cool!

Hey, looks like I was right on the larger Weyard part! ^_^

Also, one thing I noticed was this.

Kyle, Isaac's father, and the parents of Felix and Jenna were healed by the light of the Mars Lighthouse. Kyle and Felix's dad were Venus adepts, the trait that was passed down to their sons. Mars and Venus share a symbiotic relationship (according to Saturos in GS1). Felix and Jenna's mom was a Mars adept, which is why the Mars Beacon healed her. That trait went down to her daughter.

This means that the elemental associations are genetic. That might be something to throw into the equation.

Lastly, the Isaac/Jenna link is obvious. As for who Garet got together with... Sheba? Hmm... and the new girl... Mia and Ivan?

That's all I can think of. Piers could have been involved with Mia, but the hair would remain blue, wouldn't it?

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #48 on: June 21, 2010, 02:14:03 AM
Oh God, when's the last time since I last played Golden Sun 1 and 2 on the good ol' GBA? ::) No doubt that Megiddo was frickin' epic. It was so fun spamming that unleash on the final boss and some of the extra dungeon bosses.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #49 on: June 21, 2010, 02:26:22 AM
Yeah, it was... You should replay them... ^_^