Dragonball Xenoverse 2

Blue Valkyrie · 2682

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
on: July 01, 2016, 10:00:04 PM
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuLet4x1KDk[/yt]

October 25th 2016 is the confirmed release date-so just four months to go.

Several big DBZ youtubers got a chance to have some time with a demo build recently finally giving us some hands on footage of the game.

Obviously more will be shown off as the weeks go by but I'm excited about the change to Sayian transformations.

It's no longer different abilities-but rather you start by going to Super Sayian-then if you have enough Ki you can go to Super Sayian 2 then finally Super Sayian 3-and while it's not confirmed if they added the CaC hair changing to fit the transformation we definitely get the SS3 long hair if a CaC managed to get to that level. No word on transformations for other races-but the dev team have been listening to feedback since Xenoverse 1 and I doubt they'll just have sayian transformations this time.

Oh and Super Sayian Ki Blast spam is gone-thank Kami.  8D

Game play looks so much smoother-the removal of a lot of invincibility frames will make combos way more natural than Xenoverse 1 especially online. Also the little added detail of rocks floating around you when you are at full Ki is really nice.  owo
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 10:53:20 PM by Phi »

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 10:12:08 PM
I might as well skip Xenoverse 1 and get this one then, I saw an LP of it so I know the story and won't get lost. XD
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 11:01:38 AM by Sakura Leic »

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 10:15:23 PM
PS4 version?  8D

Dragon Ball Blue needs allies Sakura!  8D

Oh apparently theres someway to import your Xenoverse 1 character-no idea if thats just for the next gen versions or what you keep from the transfer.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 10:19:02 PM
Unfortunately it would probably be Steam, and I assume it can't be cross platform?

Oh wait I just remembered, my bro has the PS4 version of the first game!

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 01, 2016, 10:31:09 PM
I should pick up the PS4 version of Xenoverse 1 at some point-I'm sure it's cheap by now.

But the thought of getting all that stuff again---Eh who needs a life?

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 01, 2016, 10:33:01 PM
Not to mention all those DLC packs too, there's like 3 of them.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 01, 2016, 10:33:20 PM
Perhaps I'll pick up the PS4 version of this as well! XD

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 01, 2016, 10:38:26 PM
If parallel quests work the same, we should still have teams of 3 CaCs so co-op is definitely an option!

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: July 01, 2016, 10:44:34 PM
When I do pick up this game I wonder how I should distribute my stats, and if I want to specialize more in Physicals or Ki.   

Then again I kind of want to make 2 Characters, a Saiyan and a Namekian.

Also I'll just drop this first episode of that Xenoverse 1 LP I was talking about in case you want to entertain yourselves with a few manly dorks.  They also unfortunately had to mute the opening in the first episode due to copy right shenanigans.  The LP was 69 episodes and includes multiplayer whenever possible.

[yt]https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLN_lgq4NvxmvIIqFeJ5iAQpRJjZshhbcW&v=-UBryf_C4qs[/yt]

Main guy is a female Buu who specialized in Ki Supers, so he has crap health but can shoot giant lazers of death!  His main buddy is a Namakian Tank that punches things hard, and their other friend is a Female Sayian who does both Ki and Physicals.  Occasionally the Namekian dude will also do main quests as well.

[spoiler]Main guy with the Female Buu also managed to solo Super Saiyan Bargain Sale on his first damn try as well![/spoiler]

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: July 01, 2016, 10:57:49 PM
Plastic water.

Other than that, this game looks fun as hell.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: July 01, 2016, 11:01:32 PM
Basically for stats

You want to focus mainly on either Ki or Physical supers, trying to be good at both will just hurt you more in the end game unless you are min maxing.

This might be usefull-I wouldn't worry too much about height and weight, it's not going break a character if you just focus on what looks good.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=402071160

Typically-I'd level Health/Ki/Stamina/Basic Attack/And what ever super the character is focusing on equally to about 25-30 points each then I'd start focusing on damage output with Basic Attack and Ki or Stike Supers occasionally focusing on Stamina and Ki as needed-health too.

All stats can go up to 100 and at max level I belive you can have two stats maxed and the others rather high since you get 3 points per level? (could be wrong)

I mean I guess it's possible to have a hybrid Strike/Ki Blast character but they might suffer greatly in other key areas like stamina/KI or health.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: July 01, 2016, 11:04:44 PM
I'd probably would focus on Physicals more myself since I probably won't be that good at aiming my Ki Attacks, but I would still like something in Ki.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: July 01, 2016, 11:15:01 PM
Well I haven't level Ki on my current build of Blue and Vegito's little finger beam attack (it fires a ki blast from each hand that spreads out while traveling toward a target then all start  homing in from all sides) still does some decent damage even if it's just round out my range.

Also some Strike Supers are ranged energy blasts too-Brolly has some skills like that for example.

So you have options outside the basic ki shots.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: July 01, 2016, 11:22:35 PM
Yeah I've seen Broly's Attack and a few others in that LP I put up so I know how devastating they can be in the right hands.

I'll probably go for mostly Physical and maybe put some on Ki Supers.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: July 01, 2016, 11:25:19 PM
I wish you luck with the RNG gods for Parrel Quest drops-if I pick up the PS4 version I'd be happy to co-op with you.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: July 01, 2016, 11:33:01 PM
Yeah like I said I'd probably get the Steam version regardless since it's easier for me since again my bro has the PS4.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: July 01, 2016, 11:37:23 PM
PC version has mods too!

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: July 01, 2016, 11:47:13 PM
I really need to learn how mods work, I am such a computer illiterate person when it comes to gaming.  That and I really should learn how to edit videos for the future.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: July 02, 2016, 12:20:55 AM
I imagine "How to instal mods in xenoverse" would likely get you some results.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: July 02, 2016, 12:22:58 AM
Guess it should be more like how to install mods in Steam Games, I really want to put the Sonic 3 Complete Mod in Sonic 3.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: July 02, 2016, 12:34:39 AM
Looks like a lot more mobility and better comboing. I may be in if hats the case!

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: July 02, 2016, 03:00:35 AM
Looks like a lot more mobility and better comboing. I may be in if hats the case!

Common thing mentioned by everyone who played the demo was Xenoverse 2 feels far more polished and smooth than the original-it seems they addressed the hitboxes-limited the ridiculous invincibility frames and in general made everything far more responsive.

Noticed players weren't wildly punching in the wrong direction if their locked on target got around behind them-the player's attack tracked better. Plus that little dash you can do to keep on the target seems too be a counter for "runners". Oh you can grab enemies off the ground to keep the flow of combat going now as well.

We'll see if the improved hitboxes are across the whole game once they release a new demo or whatever.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: July 02, 2016, 11:37:34 PM
Hate to double post but here is the Anime Expo trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7nDUSUFSvw

Only new piece of info is we can apparently leave the new city and visit other areas like Namek or Frieza's ship. I'm sure thats not all the non battle map locations either.

Otherwise more footage of Zarbon, Didora, Lord Slug, Turles and Cooler. Also Trunks kinda mentions Towa and Mira, since they survived the first game more or less I'm sure they will be antagonists this time-seems like they are recruiting baddies this time rather than just sowing chaos.

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: July 04, 2016, 06:35:31 PM
I really need to learn how mods work, I am such a computer illiterate person when it comes to gaming.  That and I really should learn how to edit videos for the future.

There is a steam_api setup out there I grabbed which essentially lets you pack in mods via creating a data folder, putting the mods in correctly inside, and the game loads it that way. DBXV Mod Loader or something like that. I backed up my steam_api.dll just incase, though.

I feel this is how the game should've looked rather than that weird vaseline shine everyone has, but unfortunately this doesn't carry to the custom characters since it was never completed and 'finished' all non-custom characters just over a year ago.  :\

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: July 14, 2016, 12:39:12 AM
Quick glimpse of the New City:
[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=990AdroNEkE[/yt]

New Avatar Transformations:
[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpwJ0XRw53M[/yt]

Surprised no one shown the Transformations for the Frieza Race and Majin Race CaC here yet. Though people complaining about the Transformations for Majin Race when from Lore and DBO that's the canon transformation for Majin as they tap into their inner ancestral powers. Eh... haters gotta hate.

But they mentioned that EACH Race will get Transformations to themselves which makes me wonder what Humans and Namekians will have?

[spoiler][yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjvIRfjOYRU[/yt][/spoiler]

Anyway I pre-order the Deluxe Edition for the PS4 version already as I got the PS4 version of Xenoverse 1 already... and the PC version as well. Got all skills on PC with some "help" while PS4 still haven't unlocked all skills. Damn RNG...

Well I like XV2 and I can't wait for it! Also it seems like they have plans for Xenoverse 3 as well and if demand is high enough they'll add in the Super Saiyan God forms for the Saiyan Race and the reason they're holding back is balancing issues.

Source:
http://www.siliconera.com/2016/07/07/dragon-ball-xenoverse-2-collectors-edition-includes-master-stars-goku/

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3