Megagirl R / ロックガール R (Official Wip Thread)

Gatuca · 270502

Offline KudosForce

• The wild card
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Will our future be good? Only the cards will tell.
    • View Profile
Reply #300 on: January 26, 2010, 01:18:26 AM
Gatuca, I have some great news! 8)

Manic has agreed to do Volcano Woman's sprites! >0< Also, expect to see his own take on the story posted here, soon.

Offline Manic

• Cossack's Creation
  • Cyberelf
  • Huh?
    • View Profile
Reply #301 on: January 26, 2010, 01:23:08 AM
Hey, some rather nice stuff here. 8) I could help you with your sprites when I can get the time, and I also had an idea for the storyline, but sorta forgot. I'll post it once I remember it again. :|

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #302 on: January 26, 2010, 05:39:19 AM
doing some improvements on the tile-set:

Plus i am sticking with the design of the ground i did, sorry X(

Here's My Facebook Account, Join the Megagirl R project http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002211482262

if you want to know my skype account, send me a PM

Offline Musashi-COM

• Net Navi
  • No worries, mate
    • View Profile
    • MusashiAA's 8-bit Box
Reply #303 on: January 27, 2010, 05:41:50 AM
Emm...hi. KudosForce told me about your fangame and, precisely, that you're taking suggestions for the story. So, I tried to take my own approach at the whole "Roll joins the battle!" idea.

WATCH OUT! BIG TEXT WALL INSIDE SPOILER TAG!

[spoiler]

INTRO

It is the year 20XX.

*black screen switches to Wily's lair, with him beging for forgiveness*

The seemingly eternal battle between the fighting robot Mega Man and mad scientist DR. Wily has finally reached a conclusion.

DR. Wily: "Please, forgive me! I won't do it again"

Mega Man: "The same old excuse, Wily. Aren't you getting tired of this?"

DR. Wily: "Well, in fact I DO! Let's finish this, shall we? GO, MY ULTIMATE COMBAT ROBOT!"

*scene switches to DR. Light's lab, with both Light and Roll on the scene*

DR. Light: "We lost contact to Mega Man! What is going on?!"

*DR. Cossack shows up on the screen*

DR. Cossack: DR. Light! We have some serious trouble!"

*Waltz's darkened figure shows up*

A mysterious robot mistress that calls herself "Waltz" has sent 8 robots to retrieve parts for a secret weapon! She has also taken Wily, Mega Man AND Rush as hostages!

*scene switches again to DR. Light's lab*

DR. Light: "How can we stop this madness? Mega Man has been captured and Proto Man is nowhere to be seen!"

Roll: "Ungh...maybe I can help!"

Bravely and following her brother's example, DR. Light equips Roll with a battle suit and modifies her Copy System to match Mega Man's!

Roll: "Now I'll show you who's the house-keeping robot, Waltz!"

Title screen, beat the 8 robot mistress, CUTSCENE YAY!

*Roll teleports into DR. Light's lab, only to find out he's not there!*

Roll: "Wow, this is such a mess. I am not going to clean this up!"

*Cossack shows up in the screen*

DR. Cossack: "Roll! DR. Light has been captured by Waltz before you defeated the last robot! She's apparently building a giant electromagnetic bomb that will disable all the Earth's defenses!"

*an explosion is heard at Cossack's lab*

DR. Cossack: "OH NO! ROLL, HELP ME!"

Roll: "Imagine all the cleaning I'm gonna have to do then! You're going down, Waltz!

Blah blah blah, Roll goes and defeat Waltz, only to find out that Wily was controlling her the whole time. Goes and defeats Wily. EVERYONE IS SAVED!

Staff Roll (lol), ends with picture of Waltz helping Roll cleaning DR. Light's lab. THE END![/spoiler]

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #304 on: January 27, 2010, 05:57:44 AM
Not Bad, but like i said, i wanted to have some plot points on the story.......

I like the idea of Megaman Being a Hostage, but i need something more, tough i recently came up with a story behind wily's intentions this time around, as well of waltz

Here's My Facebook Account, Join the Megagirl R project http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002211482262

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #305 on: January 27, 2010, 04:11:29 PM
Plus i am sticking with the design of the ground i did, sorry

We weren't talking about design, though. We were talking about shading. Compare yours to what you see in PlantMan's stage, for example.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #306 on: January 27, 2010, 11:30:18 PM
I think Zan has a good point though. It looks like light is beaming directly at the middle of each clump of ground. Maybe try moving the highlight up near the top of the ground clumps, and adjust the darker accordingly? It will fit in more with the rest of the tiles in terms of lighting. Also try removing the highlight from a few of them to give it a little depth. I agree that Plant Man would be a great example in this case.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #307 on: January 31, 2010, 01:20:09 AM
i did changed some details on the tile-set, and i think it's about 50% now, plus i did some color reduction, and tell me, does the ground looks better or still unacceptable?

Posted on: January 28, 2010, 02:48:50 AM
BTW, any news on my requested sprites?, and how many frames of animation has a Yoku Block?

Offline KudosForce

• The wild card
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #308 on: January 31, 2010, 04:09:12 AM
I am liking the look of that tileset more and more, I must say. owo

That said, Manic hasn't started on Volcano Woman's sprites yet. X( But, as soon as he gets a chance, he will do them, so don't worry. ;)

Offline Sapphire✧9

• ネビュラ★ブラック
  • Neo Arcadian
  • An Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #309 on: January 31, 2010, 10:31:07 AM
They look fitting and very megaman-y I think. I love how you fixed the ground and grass by using same palette and different shading. Color choices are great and nothing seems to be wrong with the theme. Keep up the good job! owob

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #310 on: February 01, 2010, 03:31:10 AM
Well, Thanks Mr. Nebula, i almost done with the tile-set, all i need is doing the lava river animations, and the main boss room

then work on 4 more enemies, and presto, everything ready for program a level.

Posted on: January 31, 2010, 10:34:26 PM

did updated once again the tile-set, but i think i will stop on it right here, since i think that i need help with the lava patterns, i actually did take the patterns from MM2 and MM3, because to be honest i dint know how to do those, but i still waiting for the request on Volcano sprites and get no answer :\

Mr Nebula, can you help me with the heating boiling lava (that's the effect i want to do).

Offline KudosForce

• The wild card
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #311 on: February 01, 2010, 04:16:02 AM
Please have some more patience, Gatuca. :| Manic's still busy with MM:TT's RMs.

That said, I am getting VERY impressed by your tileset. :O Quite nice and well-done!

Offline Sapphire✧9

• ネビュラ★ブラック
  • Neo Arcadian
  • An Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #312 on: February 01, 2010, 09:02:41 AM
Well, I wanted that effect too but wasnt able to succeed.

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #313 on: February 04, 2010, 05:35:59 AM
ok guys, i have a problem, when opening the engine and made modifications, after i build the .EXE program, every time i play the stand alone game, it crashes after when i pick up a stage to test

Why?

how do i solve this problem?

Posted on: February 01, 2010, 10:45:25 PM
well, seems that the whole level programming is not going to happen soon, i need to dedicate the time to sprites and tiles first, i hope that the eventual Manual for the engine will come.

in the meantime

Meet, Taka-Tiki

she's basically the "Sniper Joe" of this level, she will mock you up by spiting you fireball, while defending herself with her shield/tiki........not too much originality i must say....

Offline KudosForce

• The wild card
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #314 on: February 04, 2010, 01:19:22 PM
Well, the final version of N64Mario's engine, with the manual, should most likely come after MMU's release, so we'll just need to wait a little longer on that front.

That said, while Taka-Tiki's attack method is unoriginal, you do have to admit that she looks unique and well-done. owob Besides, her fireballs are bigger than Joe's shots and she doesn't jump, so that helps to stand her apart from him. ;)

Offline Stardius

• Lazy and overall passive
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #315 on: February 04, 2010, 02:08:14 PM
She looks really cute  :3 *gets burned to crisp by fireball*
Also now it's obvious why Megaman can't take care of it this time. Because if he tried he would probably end up getting oil nose bleeds on every step. XD

Offline Konchuu Kettou

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #316 on: February 04, 2010, 10:35:14 PM
WOW, that's something you can create. I may not heard of it but I wish you a best of luck.

Offline HKLurch18

• Resistance Member
  • I drive you bats
    • View Profile
Reply #317 on: February 05, 2010, 11:37:09 AM

Besides, her balls are bigger than Joe's

[/immature]

Jokes aside, the enemy definitely is a nice replacement for Joe! I like the entire concept and the sprites are really well done.
Perhaps you need to fix a couple of unfortunate lines on the mask, but overall the enemy looks very sexy!

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #318 on: February 06, 2010, 06:22:38 AM
the "outlines" of the mask, were intentional on my part

by the way, im not gonna lie you here, i do want to know, what is the limit to enemies per stage, and another thing, for this stage, i planned to put more humanoid enemies similar to robot masters, will that be cheating or breaking the rules?, besides, remember the orange Joe i did in the past, it was supposed to be "Jane" the female equivalent of sniper joe, but it will be too unoriginal, but i want to put some thing in the game......

also im open for suggestions, i will see how i put those in a working way

[spoiler]put some reference's to the Megaman OVAS and the Ruby Spears Cartoon.
maybe, just maybe i will have to replace Chainsaw Woman, since there's already a Chainsaw Man and a Saw Man, since i dont want to have any problems for originality, I will try to not make robot masters with the same gimmick of Male RM's, the only exceptions are of course, Feather Woman[/spoiler]

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #319 on: February 06, 2010, 03:19:26 PM
i do want to know, what is the limit to enemies per stage

There is no practical limit for enemies "per stage", only a sprite limit "per screen" (8 sprites per scanline) that is why I've mentioned the NES color limits. It is the amount of colors on screen that determine the sprite count per screen, and thus influence everything in the stage. Every 3(+Transparency) colors equals a sprite overlay, as with Rockman. So usually enemies are kept at 3+T colors (one sprite) to make a lot of enemies appear, whereas more than 3+T colors (two sprites) are used whenever only one or two enemies appear.

The background will also influence how many enemies will appear. As there are 16 colors possible on each screen, enemies can't be adding too many colors. To elaborate, after assigning 4 palettes to the tiles, how many colors you still have to spare in order to reach 16, will determine how the enemies are colored and which enemies will appear closely together. Usually Rockman6, which brings out the most of its backgrounds, uses only one additional color for enemies that appear on screen. If it wishes to do more, it'll remove one palette from the tiles and start using enemies that add two additional colors on screen. Every other color the stage enemies use are often identical to the background, or the main character.

Notice how these limits interact: if you want more colors for one enemy, you need a sprite overlaying, thus lessening the amount of enemies on screen. Likewise, if your one enemy or groups of enemies introduce additional colors, you must decrease the colors in the background to compensate.

The inverse is also true, if you want more colorful backgrounds, you must make the enemies less colorful. Which means they'll often use only one sprite overlay, and thus will appear in abundance.

I mention these limits not to needlessly restrict you, but because they serve as nice simple guidelines to base everything on. By keeping them in mind, the NES look, NES feel, and NES gameplay balance should come naturally.

Offline KudosForce

• The wild card
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #320 on: February 06, 2010, 03:40:41 PM
According to what HKLurch18 told me, there are usually 20-30 enemies per MM game (mini-bosses and bosses don't count towards that number, of course).

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #321 on: February 12, 2010, 06:25:49 AM
BTW, i had this idea for the fan game, but i want to know from N-Mario if its possible

Seriously, if you don't want to ruin it, CLICK UNDER YOUR OWN RISK

[spoiler]add mini games, that can be unlocked and played aside form the actual game, just 4 mini games, just for fun, ad for now, i have only think'd on a soccer mini game, similar to the Bonus Stage in the 1st NES Flinstones Game, but how can be added to the engine, or is not possible to add a new engine game into the engine itself.[/spoiler]

I also mention that i want to put some references to the megaman universe, and i planned on do on the megaman cartoon and the OVAS, but i kinda need suggestions, on spoiler by the way >0<

Offline KudosForce

• The wild card
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #322 on: February 12, 2010, 05:34:44 PM
Since you're planning on making references to the OVA, you should know that...[spoiler]Lava Man is already featured as one of the fortress bosses, for Brahman's Mega man PC remake project.[/spoiler]

As for your secret thing...I'll try to come up with something.

Offline Frenger

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #323 on: February 12, 2010, 08:25:15 PM
Meet, Taka-Tiki

she's basically the "Sniper Joe" of this level, she will mock you up by spiting you fireball, while defending herself with her shield/tiki........not too much originality i must say....

That enemy is so awesome that i cannot describe how awesome it is in words!

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #324 on: February 14, 2010, 08:46:39 PM
minor edit on Waltz Sprite

how many of you liked megaman soccer?

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Posted on: February 13, 2010, 04:29:44 AM
i have some bad news, i will remove another robot mistress from the game, and i think you may guess who am i talking about

[spoiler]Chainsaw Woman ;^;

the reason is because of Megaman 72 Sawman, and i have no idea how i will put her in the game, i dont want many robot masters that are just female counterparts of classic robot masters.[/spoiler]

however, I WILL NOT replace Gelato girl and feather woman if anything happens >8|