Megaman + Monster Hunter = Capcom's new Gaist Crusher?

Solar · 6046

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: April 09, 2013, 05:21:20 PM
Isn't that an action game though?

Monster Hunter's more like an MMO from what I hear.

and like all MMO's and MMO like games, its best to not bother.

Or you could just download the demo from the eShop.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: April 09, 2013, 05:41:08 PM
Well Monster Hunter doesn't have much of a story, and I like story.
God Eater's story is crap IMO.

I couldn't get through that [parasitic bomb]. Not even with my friend.

Then again, I don't really like the gameplay either.

Welp.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: April 09, 2013, 07:42:09 PM
God Eater's story is crap IMO.

I couldn't get through that [parasitic bomb]. Not even with my friend.

Then again, I don't really like the gameplay either.

Welp.
I can understand that, I'll readily admit while I like the story the pacing of it wasn't that great and the game does have some glaring flaws.  I honestly think the Extra Story in burst might have made it even worse.

[spoiler]Since Lindow comes back to life at the end.  I love the guy a lot, but I think it would have been better if he stayed dead.[/spoiler]

Not to mention it's somewhat predictable.

[spoiler]I was able to predict that Johannes was the big bad right away even with the Japanese version.  Doesn't help he looks like Schneizel to me for some odd reason.[/spoiler]

I also think there's way too many main story missions that don't move the plot along, even worse in the extra story when you can go like about 5 missions before even getting a cut scene.  I can't even begin to think how to LP such a game with how long some missions can run.

Then there's the weapon making where you can't even exchange materials with other players just to get that one part to finish the weapon you want so bad.  The drop rates for certain materials may as well be non existent, sometimes I would have to get a whole bunch of other stuff just to synthesize one item when a weapon requires like 5 of it.  

Then there's some annoying Aragami that I hate oh so much.  Dyaus Pitas, most members of the Chiyou family, the last member of the Kongu family, and those freaking Sariels.  I mean my god I hate Sariels because they are specifically made to be blasted with your gun and I don't use guns.  I can't get past one mission in the Extra Story because they decide to pair a Dyaus Pita and a Aether, and I know after that mission I have to do 3 missions with only one party member that kinda sucks.

All in all I like the game, but there are somethings that could have been done better and I hope the second game fixes a lot of these things.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: April 09, 2013, 07:53:42 PM
Or you could just download the demo from the eShop.

To play a demo with a stupid ass touch screen control scheme?  No thanks.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: April 09, 2013, 10:06:31 PM
To play a demo with a stupid ass touch screen control scheme?  No thanks.

You're overreacting. You get used to it.

It's mainly for camera control, and it's not that bad.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: April 09, 2013, 10:08:48 PM
You know what else had a touch screen camera?

Kid Icarus Uprising. Which I found myself unable to play because of multiple factors including arm strain, the fact that the stand kept sliding back, and the fact that I'm left handed.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: April 10, 2013, 12:10:48 AM
You know what else had a touch screen camera?

Kid Icarus Uprising. Which I found myself unable to play because of multiple factors including arm strain, the fact that the stand kept sliding back, and the fact that I'm left handed.

I knew someone was going to bring this up.

Personally, I didn't have a problem with Uprising's controls after the first couple of days playing it. When I first began the land battle stages, I hated the configuration. However I quickly grew comfortable with it, and I even appreciated it (though the CPP analog should've been used for camera control). Hell, my hands never cramped up either.

Guess I'm one of the very few who don't hate the controls.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #32 on: April 10, 2013, 12:15:42 AM

Personally, I didn't have a problem with Uprising's controls after the first couple of days playing it. When I first began the land battle stages, I hated the configuration. However I quickly grew comfortable with it, and I even appreciated it (though the CPP analog should've been used for camera control). Hell, my hands never cramped up either.

I would never know about Kid Icarus: Uprising's controls unfortunately since I don't have a 3DS, but if Sin & Punishment and TWEwY is anything to go by, I'll probably get used to the controls sooner or later.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: April 10, 2013, 12:47:27 AM

It was mainly frustration with the stand not staying still, the other problems only came up because of that.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: April 10, 2013, 01:08:25 AM
I used the stand like one time. But I much prefer to just hold the system.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #35 on: April 10, 2013, 07:19:37 PM
Yeah, same. I think I used the stand like once or twice; it's much easier without that thing.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything