Pokemon Generation VI: X/Y & Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire

Guest · 763514

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #11525 on: February 27, 2016, 09:27:49 AM
Pants and skirts are one thing, that makes sense.  Brendan is wearing pants cargo short like pants but without the pockets, that doesn't make sense.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Psycho Yuffie

• Neo Arcadian
  • Pffft!
    • View Profile
Reply #11526 on: February 27, 2016, 09:37:22 AM
As for Pokemon GO, I just realized that I have a Kindle. I just got it as a Christmas gift a few months ago. It might be able to play it, if it ever gets on the Amazon App Store--which it probably won't.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #11527 on: February 27, 2016, 09:38:44 AM
Is it a Kindle Fire? 

Offline Psycho Yuffie

• Neo Arcadian
  • Pffft!
    • View Profile
Reply #11528 on: February 27, 2016, 09:39:50 AM
Yes. It's a Kindle Fire HD.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #11529 on: February 27, 2016, 10:24:39 AM
I think that Brendan and May look equally silly in both ORAS and RSE. May honestly just wears her bandana backwards. Otherwise, her character design is exactly the same.

HMMMMM...
(Maybe cheating since its the anime design but its the same either way really)
vs.

Full Bandana Vs. Basically a cloth/hairband
Sleeved shirt with collar vs. High schooler tanktop/brastrap wombo combo with strange ruffly bits
Bizzare white thing that's most likely more shirt + Bike Shorts vs. Impossibly Short Shorts + Bike Shorts
and finally...

Gloves vs. bare hands.

Of course that's just clothing. Honestly i'm probably biased as I really really like RSE May's design but its certainly somewhat noticeable that redesigns always seem to look... off to those who are more accustomed to the originals.

I dunno, i'm mostly just nitpicking.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #11530 on: February 27, 2016, 10:50:48 AM
ORAS May is cuter imo.

Offline Psycho Yuffie

• Neo Arcadian
  • Pffft!
    • View Profile
Reply #11531 on: February 27, 2016, 10:55:58 AM
Maybe it's because I'm also really biased, but I hated RSE and loved ORAS. RSE is the reason I skipped owning a GBA. The Pokemon of that generation felt weird. The sound chip they used for the GBA was awful (trumpets of doom). And the overworld sprites they used in RSE looked nothing like the previous two generations from the GB/C. There's a reason they changed them for FRLG. They were ugly. Then there was the half-assed day-night system that wasn't acknowledged graphically at all. If they couldn't get it to work right, why include one at all?

That's the reason I wasn't really enthused about ORAS. But I eventually gave in and I'm glad I did. The sheet music for those games was clearly great because the music in ORAS is awesome. Like I said, it was just the sound chip that made the music sound bad.

Given all that, I prefer the newer designs. But, like I said, it could be my own bias.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #11532 on: February 27, 2016, 04:30:28 PM
But Zigzagoon is so freaking adorable and Absol is one of the most badass Pokemon ever!  Also I honestly think Route 13 in ORAS needed more Trumpets.  Way more trumpets, I have no idea why they made it so techno.

As for the sprites I think I actually prefered the RSE ones over FRLG.  Have you seen the sprites they used for May and Brendan when using the Cable Club?  They look so ugly and May's colors are way off.  And besides I much prefer having a Day and Night System over having No Day and Night system. You know why?  Because I have to trade over my Eevee into RSE after doing nearly all the post game stuff just so I can get an Espeon or Umbreon!

I'll be honest Kanto is my personal least favorite region and I didn't like the second half of Crystal because I could own everything due to the levels being so low but I still have to deal with Red who has the highest level Pokemon in the game.  Really FRLG while cool is probably my least favorite remakes.  You can't have Johto Evolutions until you get the National Dex which requires you to catch like 60 Pokemon and save the little girl on Two Island if you didn't when you had the first opportunity.  Locking Evolutions like that should not have happened, it makes getting a Zubat completely pointless.

And say what you will about the Victory Roads in Hoenn and Sinnoh requiring too many HM's, which I agree is really stupid, but at least it goes by faster than pushing those damn rocks on to buttons!  Seriously that is the worse pace breaker I've ever seen when it comes to any block pushing puzzle in any game.  Not to mention it's just way too slow, why can I only push the rocks one step at a time instead of continously.  What is my Machamp so lazy and mad he has to push these too?  Why can't he just lift the damn rock and put it on the button instead of pushing it an inch at a time?

Not to mention while I agree the GBA sound chip sucked I much prefer the RSE sountrack over the FRLG soundtrack, the majority of the FRLG sound track sounded too MIDI for my tastes.  However Blue's Champion theme in FRLG is the best version to me and tropical Violet City theme is pretty nice.

Over all HGSS is my favorite remake and FRLG is my least favorite.  ORAS did some very neat things, making May/Brendan much more relevant, the Delta Episode, the Latis becoming an Airship, Secret Bases being more awesome but somethings didn't sit right with me since I also broke the game in half, which I acknowledge is mostly my fault, next time I play the game I'm not using the Exp. Share and Gardevoir.  Gardevoir is just such a Game Breaker in Hoenn it's not even funny.  I also wish I didn't have to backtrack to get my Aron because they locked them behind a Mach Bike slope but it was only really minor inconvenience, and they also got rid of those Mach Bike puzzles.  [tornado fang] those puzzles, why do I need such tight precision with the most unwieldy bike ever in my Pokemans.   So really I think ORAS is alright but not outstanding like HGSS, and it's certainly not as bad as FRLG was.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #11533 on: February 27, 2016, 09:02:17 PM
the GBA sound chip sucked

The entire MMZ soundtrack says hi. >:T

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #11534 on: February 27, 2016, 09:15:28 PM
Let me rephrase that, the GBA sound chip sucked, but there were people who knew how to use it to make it sound good while everyone else didn't.

Offline Psycho Yuffie

• Neo Arcadian
  • Pffft!
    • View Profile
Reply #11535 on: February 27, 2016, 11:59:03 PM
It's Capcom. Capcom always made the best with what they had. All of the Mega Man games from the GBA had awesome music. Objectively, though, the GBA sound chip was awful. And this isn't my own opinion. Many Pokemon fans believe that RSE and FRLG had the worst music in the series. Game Freak didn't do that great of a job with it. Like I said in my previous post: the sheet music is obviously good because the music in ORAS is great. It was just that whoever translated the sheets into the chiptunes did an bad job.

When comparing FRLG to RBY, many prefer RBY despite the limitations of the GB's own sound chip.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #11536 on: February 28, 2016, 12:04:59 AM
Actually I heard a split with RSE, just as many people like myself love the trumpets while there are others who felt the trumpets were overplayed. 

Seriously I love these 2 route themes.

[yt]https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PL46A49E65817F8577&v=11RPaeao8Pc#[/yt]

[yt]https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PL46A49E65817F8577&v=gM0oVe4qpHQ#[/yt]

Like I said while ORAS is okay some places could have used more trumpets.

Offline Psycho Yuffie

• Neo Arcadian
  • Pffft!
    • View Profile
Reply #11537 on: February 28, 2016, 12:11:02 AM
Eh... Preferences and opinions. We all have them.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #11538 on: February 28, 2016, 12:16:49 AM
Agreed, meanwhile I got Blue and finally found a Spearow.  I named them X-Wing because I couldn't think of a better name.  I'm training them now because  while they hit like a truck they has tissue paper defenses, but they seems better than the Male Nidoran.

I'm refering to all my Pokemon as 'they' since I don't know what Gender they will be until Gen 7, except probably my Bulbasaur who will most likely be male and my future Vulpix who will most likely be female, and I don't want to refer to them as it.

Male Nidoran is Bulldozer because I couldn't think of any better and Bulbasaur is Scarboro because Scarborough would not fit.

Offline Psycho Yuffie

• Neo Arcadian
  • Pffft!
    • View Profile
Reply #11539 on: February 28, 2016, 12:19:33 AM
I'm actually interested to know how they assign genders, natures, and other stats not in RBY for Sun and Moon. Are the eShop RBY actually generating those stats and not showing them? Or are they generated when they are uploaded to Pokemon Bank?

I have many questions that no one can answer. :)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #11540 on: February 28, 2016, 12:20:57 AM
It probably be similar to what they did for GSC since when you trade into them from RBY they do have genders and even hold items.

Oh also Jynx is purple in Yellow and some attack animations in all the games have been changed to prevent seizures.

Offline Psycho Yuffie

• Neo Arcadian
  • Pffft!
    • View Profile
Reply #11541 on: February 28, 2016, 12:25:13 AM
I'm actually thinking about getting Yellow. That was actually my favorite version of Gen 1. I liked being able to get all the starters.

Speaking of the eShop versions: how do trade evolutions work? You can't trade, right? You can only upload to Pokemon Bank.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #11542 on: February 28, 2016, 12:29:15 AM
No actually you can trade but you can only do it locally.  They actually made it so you can trade and battle locally like the old days, except without the link cable.

Also I found another Spearow, I think I'll catch it to get the Farfetch'd because I wouldn't be surprised if it was holding a Stick when transfered to Gen 7.

Offline Psycho Yuffie

• Neo Arcadian
  • Pffft!
    • View Profile
Reply #11543 on: February 28, 2016, 12:32:36 AM
Why would it be holding a stick? Farfetch'd has a leek. Did they change that?

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
  • Never "Great", just varying degrees of "OK".
    • View Profile
Reply #11544 on: February 28, 2016, 12:37:14 AM
Why would it be holding a stick? Farfetch'd has a leek. Did they change that?

I think Farfetch'd's unique held item has always been called a Stick. By that, I mean the Cubone line gets a boost from holding a Thick Club, Farfetch'd gets a boost from holding a Stick.

My Twitch channel. Random streams during the week.
Currently streaming: Transformers: Devastation

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #11545 on: February 28, 2016, 12:37:47 AM
Nah the special item of Farfetch'd is always called a Stick despite the fact he's holding a leek.  The Stick raises crit rate of any Farfetch'd.  There's also the Think Club for Cubone/Marowak that raises their Attack and the Lucky Punch for Chansey that also raises their her Crit Rate.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #11546 on: February 28, 2016, 04:50:28 AM
Speaking of the eShop versions: how do trade evolutions work? You can't trade, right? You can only upload to Pokemon Bank.
You can! Cable Club brings up a Local Wireless matchmaking prompt on the bottom screen.

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #11547 on: February 28, 2016, 05:00:24 AM
I finally beat Brock, it took way longer than it should because I was determined to get X-Wing the Spearow to beat the Jr. Trainer all by themselves and then Scarboro the Bulbasuar one shoted both of Brock's Pokemon.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #11548 on: February 28, 2016, 06:56:57 AM
The only Pokemon-related thing I did today was bounce costume ideas off of Ringman.  Otherwise, we worked on a costume and talked about comics.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #11549 on: February 29, 2016, 01:30:52 AM
I'm debating whether I should keep Pikachu as a permanent party member or replace them with Jolteon later.  The main thing is I don't think Jolteon will learn Pin Missle when I need it most.

EDIT: Also I found a Clefairy but ran out of Pokeballs.  Guess I'll get one in the Game Corner.

EDIT: And then a Rocket with a Raticate knocked out my Ivysaur and Pikachu.  Good thing I have an extra Escape Rope.  Perhaps I should buy a few more Potions, I have about 4 left.