Nintendo Releases New Wii U Details: PB is Pleased

Protoman Blues · 50131

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: September 15, 2012, 03:16:29 AM
Bayonetta 2 was the one surprise to me there, and pretty much the best part of it for me. Everyone at work cracked up at Nintendo TVii though.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #51 on: September 15, 2012, 05:10:11 AM
No, it cannot play Gamecube games. So you'll have to keep your Wii or buy a new Gamecube! XD
Probably better to keep your Wii unless you use one of the attachments (IE, Gameboy Player or LAN adapter).  GCN component cables are ludicrously expensive.

Honestly, I'm keeping both.  GCN and WiiU going in the living room, retaining Wii for hacking purposes and all.  Like hell if I'm going to give up my custom NSMBWii soundtrack.

Quite a few people are hoping the Wii U will have some Gamecube VC games, upgraded to take advantage of the HD capabilities of the Wii U, but there's been nothing confirmed or even officially said about that idea.
With Nintendo showing no interest in upscaling Wii games, I sincerely doubt that will happen.  Some GCN games MIGHT be downloadable down the line, but I don't expect any enhancements.

Speaking of which...do either the Game Pad or the Pro have analogue triggers?  The Wii's Classic Controller did, but Classic Controller Pro doesn't.  If the WiiU doesn't, then that rules out a couple of GCN titles (Rogue Squadron and such).

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: September 15, 2012, 06:37:07 AM
Normally I keep all my old consoles. However, I was the good Uncle PB and I gave my GameCube to my nieces since they didn't have either that or a Wii at the time. My 2 year old nephew has been enjoying Mario Kart: Double Dash. He's still young. I'll set him straight when he's older! XD

Honestly, I don't need upscaled Wii or GC games. I need a goddamn upscaled internet for Wii games so we can BRAWL WITHOUT LAG. I miss Brawling with you guys. For me, the internet connection is key with the Wii U. It's the main thing I think Nintendo needs to improve upon. Especially for when they finally create our Pokemon Wii U Free To Play MMO and simply destroy all gaming competition there is.

MAKE IT HAPPEN, NINTENDO! (I still love you regardless, though! <3 )

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: September 15, 2012, 09:30:35 AM
So Gamestop sold out their Premium Wii U Preorders already.

Real [tornado fang]ing quick I must say, glad I got mine in yesterday.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: September 15, 2012, 02:32:36 PM
I miss Brawling with you guys.

Did we ever Brawl?
I honestly forgot.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: September 16, 2012, 05:07:37 AM
Speaking of which...do either the Game Pad or the Pro have analogue triggers?
Afraid not.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: September 16, 2012, 05:11:58 AM
Did we ever Brawl?
I honestly forgot.

I don't think you and I ever did.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: September 16, 2012, 05:41:44 AM
So Gamestop sold out their Premium Wii U Preorders already.

Real [tornado fang]ing quick I must say, glad I got mine in yesterday.
Eh, I neglected to pre-order on their website because of the fact that you can't pick it up in a store (meaning, you have to wait for them to ship it on the 18th).

I'd rather just camp at Wal-Mart again.  But hopefully, it won't come to that.  I doubt the WiiU's launch will be quite as insane as the Wii's.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: September 16, 2012, 05:47:32 AM
You'll jinx it.

Personally, I'm not too worried because I won't even be able to get it anyways since I live in Mexico and it's guaranteed to be even more expensive D:

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: September 16, 2012, 06:19:00 AM
Eh, I neglected to pre-order on their website because of the fact that you can't pick it up in a store (meaning, you have to wait for them to ship it on the 18th).

I'd rather just camp at Wal-Mart again.  But hopefully, it won't come to that.  I doubt the WiiU's launch will be quite as insane as the Wii's.

I'm counting on Nintendo World!  8D

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: September 16, 2012, 06:46:37 AM

Yeah, that was pretty dumb.
I just wanted to get mine in.
Though chances are because of it my December will be very hard for me in terms of money and other purchases.

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: September 17, 2012, 08:07:22 PM
Speaking of which...do either the Game Pad or the Pro have analogue triggers?  The Wii's Classic Controller did, but Classic Controller Pro doesn't.  If the WiiU doesn't, then that rules out a couple of GCN titles (Rogue Squadron and such).

I think so, from what I've seen--the Pro controller is essentially a 360 controller with the analog stick and button positions swapped, but it's possible the triggers on it (and the GamePad) are digital instead of analog.  It's hard to tell from photographs.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: September 19, 2012, 08:51:26 PM
I'm counting on Nintendo World!  8D

I really hope that if all else fails, I can hop on the B and just grab one at the store, but I'm already terrified with how hungry gamers are for a new shiny console, the parents that'll be there for Christmas presents and scalpers that want to flip the console asap. I feel like it's going to be [tornado fang]ing nuts to get a Wii U this year. XD

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
    • N-Mario's Gaming Universe
Reply #63 on: September 20, 2012, 02:10:37 AM
There has been word that there might be a delay in the release of the Wii U due to Japanese Protests.

Nintendo’s major supplier Mitsumi Electric has shut down due to a uprising of anti Japanese protests. The dispute between China and Japan has been about the control of the Senkaku Islands in the East China Sea. China and Taiwan has claim ownership of these islands however Japan had brought three of these islands from a private Japanese owner. The protesters have called on a boycott of all Japanese products. In response to the protests Japan business’s has shut down a number of stores and suspending factory operations. A number of companies including Canon, Nissan, Honda, Toyota, Apple and Sony have been effected by this by shutting down production.

http://nintendoninjanews.com/wii-u-and-other-hardware-could-be-delayed-after-anti-japanese-protests/

Didn't see it in thread yet, but it seems to be somewhat related. Hope that Nintendo can help resolve any possible delays.

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: September 21, 2012, 05:27:22 AM
Sadly, I don't have the $300-350 to spare for a new system right now though a Wii U would look good in my room.  [eyebrow]

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: September 22, 2012, 05:28:12 AM
Turtle Beach is getting WiiU-branded headsets out right from the get-go, it seems.  Yay!

Same connector as on the 3DS, which is handy.  Certainly looks more appealing than those square things I never heard of before.  >.>

This will probably steer me closer to Monster Hunter Ultimate.  I mean, I ASSUME Capcom is still putting enough effort into that franchise to use voice chatting, so you know, I can actually play an online cooperative game and be able to communicate without juggling a keyboard (the original Tri taught me that I am one of three people on this continent who own a Wii Speak).

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #66 on: September 25, 2012, 04:22:36 AM
Not really sure if this will surprise anybody, but we got Region Locking.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #67 on: September 25, 2012, 06:24:19 PM
That was a given, surely?

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
  • Blow up! We want to blow up this area.
    • View Profile
Reply #68 on: September 25, 2012, 07:16:58 PM
The 3DS is region locked? Guess they changed their mind after the DS.

FEELS  ;^;Which has the massive scrotums?

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #69 on: September 26, 2012, 06:23:31 PM
Not really sure if this will surprise anybody, but we got Region Locking.

Will the lock also affect online?

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #70 on: October 09, 2012, 05:53:49 PM
Doesn't say.

Anyway, if you're okay with Gamestop and don't mind being on camera, You could enter to potentially win a Wii U before launch.

Oh, and sorry to all those in Europe. This contest is open to the US only.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: October 10, 2012, 02:56:16 AM
Already done.  But the brain-teaser there is that they allow you to enter DAILY.  That's gonna be a lot of pics...

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
  • Blow up! We want to blow up this area.
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: October 10, 2012, 06:53:37 AM
Here's hoping Puppetry of the [ray splasher] doesn't beat everyone every single day.

FEELS  ;^;Which has the massive scrotums?

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #73 on: October 11, 2012, 06:44:21 AM
https://twitter.com/Nintendo/status/256199887996207104

[岩田]任天堂の岩田です。今日からしばらくの間、「社長が訊く」として、Wii Uがどのようにつくられてきたのかをシリーズでお届けします。第1回目は『Wii U』本体篇です。こちらからどうぞ。http://t.co/t9hTsvIg http://t.co/Nq0ZDMat

Iwata Asks
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/interview/hardware/vol1/index.html

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #74 on: October 12, 2012, 01:17:23 AM