I did it once and I'll never do it again!

Mirby · 5068

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
on: September 06, 2011, 09:18:09 AM
So I got this idea from another forum I'm on... I'll quote the OP from that topic; it describes it better than I ever could.
Quote from: Jax Mandrake
I just want to share, and I also want to know if you've got moments like this.

You probably are familiar with the feeling: you've been playing the same game for a few days in a row, and there's this one thing you've been trying to do. Each time you fail, you get that little bit more frustrated, and at the same time you get that little bit more determined to conquer the frustration. At last, you complete your goal, and you say to yourself, "I did it! And damn me if I ever even try that again!"
Mine would be some of the esper fights in FF12, particularly Ultima. I still haven't fought Zodiark, Hell Wyrm, or Yiazmat (or some of the other elite marks) but Ultima was friggin' tricky. Once I beat her, I let out a massive sigh of relief. ^.^

Anyone else?

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 09:25:56 AM
The last Hot Dog Trials in Sonic Unleashed, It wasn't so much the time limit (45 Minutes to beat EggmanLand? Easy.), it was just that death meant starting from the very beginning. That stage is long too, so restarting wasn't fun.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 10:10:09 PM
Mr. Perfect and No Coffee Break at the same time in Mega Man 10.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 10:38:19 PM
Getting EVERY Emblem in Sonic Adventure 2: Battle and raising a Chaos Chao (I cloned 3 to avoiding having to do this all over again).

Unlocking every possible secret in Soul Calibur 2.

Playing through that crappy Chronicles of the Sword mode in Soul Calibur III.

[spoiler=Bayonetta's EX Boss and extra characters]Fighting Father Rodin in Bayonetta. Seriously, he's a major pain in the [sonic slicer]. The fight technically an Alfhiem, so no items can be used (and trust me, you'll be begging to use it near the fight's end); the game is fixed to Non-Stop Infinite Climax, meaning no Witch Time; Rodin spams a shitload of attacks and they can do a lot of damage, and the fight gets progressively worse as his HP dips near-death; has probably as much HP as Jubileus, so you're in a long fight; and finally that cheap Near-Death grab he does that can really [tornado fang] you over if he manages to grab you. I'm (probably) not doing that again as Jeanne or Little Zero.[/spoiler]

That's all I got so far...

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 11:05:23 PM
100%ing Final Fantasy X was a nightmare.

FF12 on the other hand is fun as hell. Did that three times already.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 01:09:32 AM
Doing 100% and sub-2-hours at the same time on Metroid Zero Mission, while at the same time stocking items to max capacity prior to any boss fights, and again prior to Mother Brain.

It's not that I don't WANT to do it again, but for the life of me I don't remember how.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Hiryu

• Capcom's Favorite futuristic ninja
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 05:21:35 PM
Two megaman games I will almost never play again:
Megaman: Believe it or not, it's not gutsman's stage, not even the yellow devil, but Iceman's stage. The platforms near the end that shoot plasma shots are so damn annoying to get across. The magnet beam doesn't help either because of those annoying flying penguins. Overall, just makes me want to pull my hair out. All of it. Then proceed to give it the same treatment the Nerd gave winter games.

Megaman X6: Rescuing reploids and the first two fortress stages makes me want to gag thinking about it.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 08, 2011, 04:07:27 AM
Megaman X6: Rescuing reploids and the first two fortress stages makes me want to gag thinking about it.
Well, that comment made me feel a lot more manly if not a little insane; thank you.

(I've rescued every Reploid with no special weapons at least four times, and I cannot hope to count the number of times I've replayed Gate's Lab)

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #8 on: September 08, 2011, 04:12:57 AM
Two megaman games I will almost never play again:
Megaman: Believe it or not, it's not gutsman's stage, not even the yellow devil, but Iceman's stage. The platforms near the end that shoot plasma shots are so damn annoying to get across. The magnet beam doesn't help either because of those annoying flying penguins.

Those penguins are just easy to kill if they are directly facing ya, along with simply jumping over them if they dive low; they should be pretty easy to avoid as long as you don't jump when then they are above you.

One I'll probably NEVER do again, is perfect a stage without a single hit once. Or get through Sector II of R-Type without wasting all my lives ONCE.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: September 08, 2011, 04:19:58 AM
All of Metroid Prime 2. Just... All of it. Whos idea was it to have dual world gameplay on a map that huge.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline DarkWaltz

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Magic bananas!
    • View Profile
    • DarkWaltz's DeviantArt Page
Reply #10 on: September 08, 2011, 04:22:19 AM
Let's see, two off the top of my head are the final stage of Ecco the Dolphin 2 'City of Forever' where you have to follow these oversized larvae to get through these barriers. Said barriers can crush you if you aren't fast enough. But if you go too fast the larvae turns and insta-kills you.

Second is the final boss fight against Mizar in Jet Force Gemini. >.< That electric sweep he does on your platform is just brutal. It also doesn't help that Vela had most of her weapons maxed, yet no, I had to fight him with Juno who didn't have that much ammo..

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #11 on: September 08, 2011, 04:46:51 AM
Dodging 100 lightnings and the buttefly minigames on Final Fantasy X, those were [tornado fang]ing tedious.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: September 08, 2011, 06:02:23 AM
No one is allowed to complain about the lightning dodging minigame until you've done it on a dying TV that flickers on and off at the most inopportune of times. Oh man, that year of high school sucked.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: September 08, 2011, 07:16:50 AM
Second is the final boss fight against Mizar in Jet Force Gemini. >.< That electric sweep he does on your platform is just brutal. It also doesn't help that Vela had most of her weapons maxed, yet no, I had to fight him with Juno who didn't have that much ammo..

Ooooh, good one!

The one that comes to memory for me is Battle Chip Challenge. Getting to Forte and beating him. Soon as I did that, I finally turned off my DS after......about a day's worth of being on, and I have never played the game since.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: September 08, 2011, 07:20:24 AM
Mega Man Battle Network 3.

Bubbleman.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Hiryu

• Capcom's Favorite futuristic ninja
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: September 08, 2011, 08:38:10 PM
^ Agreed.

Offline Ace DeSpade

• More awesome than you.
  • Robot Master
  • ^Is awesome.
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: September 28, 2011, 05:31:54 AM
Clock Tower in Catherine, Hard Mode.

Note to self: Never stay up all night trying to beat something like that ever again.

[insert decent signature here]

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: September 28, 2011, 05:46:01 AM
Star Ocean 3: Kirsla Mines, the Hauler on-rails maze section.

Can you believe it took me more than a YEAR just to get past the damn mines? Holy hell, the whole thing is a Guide dangit moment. You never know where the [tornado fang] you have to end, or at least i didnt. And you have those turtle things that each have their quirks. Im not sure why I never checked a FAQ to be honest. And even when i did, I was still frustrated by the damn place and it STILL took me a while, since it was right after a jump, like, jump and immediately slow down or something, and there were a few obstacles in the way that could do your hauler in if you werent careful.

On an inverse note:

I wouldnt mind repeating the Aquatic Gardens of Surferio bonus dungeon. That was kind of fun, and I especially liked the look and music.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: September 28, 2011, 07:27:45 AM
All of Metroid Prime 2. Just... All of it. Whos idea was it to have dual world gameplay on a map that huge.

But Echoes is the best one...

As for this thread, hmm... Probably the extra dungeon in Tales of Symphonia: DotNW where you have to go something like 100ish levels in fighting enemies stronger than most bosses in the game only to fight one boss that rapes harder than [twin slasher] for a legendary weapon. Funniest part? There are four different ways you can go and you restart from level 1 either on death or receiving one of them. Needless to say, [tornado fang] doing that ever again. XD

Offline The Artist

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: September 28, 2011, 08:07:41 AM
having to dodge those reploids while playing as X but making sure to keep them alive so yu can save them with Zero. Records where all the reploids were saved by Zero are the best. But very hard to achieve in it's early stages.

The extra place in both Valkyrie Profile games. >.> no.

Getting all A's in Shadow the Hedgehog.

Hardest thing in this list: trying to beat Mildred Avalon from Arcana Heart on the hardest difficulty where you have to win FIVE times and she only has to win ONCE. -_- Took me almost fourteen hours to beat her.

Oh yeah, Lingering Spirit with Aqua. >.>

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #20 on: September 28, 2011, 11:51:09 PM
100%'ing Mega Man X6 on Extreme mode and rescue every missing Reploid. Not fun and I want to gag just remembering that I even had the stones to do it... B(

Playing Sonic 2006. Why u scar me for life?

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: September 29, 2011, 02:17:52 AM
Mario Sports Mix, Sport Mix/Expert Mode, 3 on 3, Star Cup final round, computer picks Basketball.

I don't know what it is with Nintendo, but this console generation they had a lot of games which are 99% insultingly easy and 1% rip-your-balls-out-through-your-throat.

having to dodge those reploids while playing as X but making sure to keep them alive so yu can save them with Zero.
Done that twice.

Offline Dantonumanoa Ongdolota Amycronicon

• Unwholesome, unsavory and unintelligible
  • Neo Arcadian
  • o fuk my k/d ratio
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: September 29, 2011, 04:16:55 AM
Star Ocean 3: Kirsla Mines, the Hauler on-rails maze section.

Can you believe it took me more than a YEAR just to get past the damn mines? Holy hell, the whole thing is a Guide dangit moment. You never know where the [tornado fang] you have to end, or at least i didnt. And you have those turtle things that each have their quirks. Im not sure why I never checked a FAQ to be honest. And even when i did, I was still frustrated by the damn place and it STILL took me a while, since it was right after a jump, like, jump and immediately slow down or something, and there were a few obstacles in the way that could do your hauler in if you werent careful.
You think that was bad.

What about grinding for Fol just to refine accessories (Boots of Prowess lol) that you need to synthesize onto weapons?

That is bullshit.

100 hours each of three of my playthroughs easily go to grinding for this very reason.

I put on my [twin slasher] face.

I also go by Spectro D., Idylleaus, Malabar, and Dumb-bit Twofuck.

Offline The Artist

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: September 29, 2011, 04:57:52 AM
Pretty much any Disgaea game. The grinding people put into those games should never have to be redone. D:

Offline Frozen Potato

• The Unamused Blue Haired
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: September 29, 2011, 08:46:21 AM
Disgaea without grinding is not Disgaea anymore, and they made grinding  more easier in every sequel.