3DS Pricedrop. Early Adopters gets free NES+GBA VC games

MaJoR · 16346

Offline Night

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: August 05, 2011, 03:21:15 AM
I loved Drill Dozer!

And I suppose getting a 3DS will be easier for me now. I'll just have to wait for a game I want to play to come out!

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #26 on: August 12, 2011, 04:32:51 PM
So I was trying out this form on Nintendo of Japan's site, writing down the serial number from the back of my 3DS just to see if I get the 20 free games, and it looks like I'm in~ <3

This is the message if you are an ambassador.

お客様の本体は、プログラムに登録されています。
(Customer's unit is registered in the program.)

9月1日より配信予定の「バーチャルコンソール:ファミコン(先行配信版)10タイトル」、年内に配信予定の「バーチャルコンソール:ゲームボーイアドバンス 10タイトル」を入手することができます。
("10 Famicom VC (early delivery version) titles" on September 1, and "10 Game Boy Advance VC titles" at the end of the year, can be obtained.)

And this is the message if you are not an ambassador.

お客様の本体は、プログラムに登録されていません。
(Customer's unit is not registered in the program.)

2011年8月10日(水)23時59分までに、ニンテンドー3DSをインターネットに接続いただき、『ニンテンドーeショップ』にアクセスしていただいたお客様が「アンバサダー・プログラム」の対象となります。
(Connect the Nintendo 3DS to the Internet by 23:59 Wednesday, August 10, 2011, and access the "Nintendo eShop" to become part of the "Ambassador program".)

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/ambassador/index.html (basic info about the program)
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/ambassador/detail.html (details about the free games you get)
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/ambassador/qa.html (Q&A or F.A.Q.)

Famicom VC Games
スーパーマリオブラザーズ (Super Mario Bros.)
ドンキーコングJR.(Donkey Kong Jr.)
バルーンファイト (Balloon Fight)
アイスクライマー (Ice Climber)
ゼルダの伝説 (Zelda no Densetsu / The Legend of Zelda)
and 5 other titles.

Game Boy Advance VC Games
スーパーマリオアドバンス3 (Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island)
マリオカートアドバンス (Mario Kart Advance / Mario Kart: Super Circuit)
メトロイドフュージョン (Metroid Fusion)
メイドインワリオ (Made in Wario / WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgames!)
マリオvs.ドンキーコング (Mario vs. Donkey Kong)
and 5 other titles.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: August 12, 2011, 05:44:51 PM
Is that only for JP 3DSs?

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: August 12, 2011, 06:08:14 PM
It looks that way. ^^;

Other people have said to just connect to the eshop. o.o;

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: August 12, 2011, 07:12:29 PM
Yeah, in the US the eshop just sent you out a news item that told you you're eligible for the program if you connected in time.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: August 12, 2011, 07:50:29 PM
Do you mean news on the eshop itself? I did the system update yesterday, but I don't think I went onto the eshop after that. Did I just screw myself out of this?

If so, it's no big deal. Everything they've revealed I either already have or just don't really care about.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #31 on: August 12, 2011, 08:45:00 PM
I thought it was sept. 1st? I logged on the E-Shop yesterday (and the system was already updated) and I think that the August 10th was for those that imported thier 3DSes.. I am so confused..  '>.>

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: August 12, 2011, 08:54:55 PM
Okay, I got a bit confused. I was under the impression you had to access the eshop after getting the latest system update in order to be eligible, but it seems like I'm okay because I have used the eshop long before yesterday. The only criteria are either you access the eshop before yesterday or do the system update. So I'm safe on both grounds. The message thingy was what got me scared. I didn't see the message because it's apparently gone for everyone now. I would like to check that I am indeed an ambassador, though. Nintendo ain't helping with that just yet.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: August 12, 2011, 09:51:53 PM
Next week, there "might" be a Nintendo-website announcement about a "confirmation form" for English users, similar to the Japanese form, where you have to check your 3DS serial number.

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: August 12, 2011, 11:44:59 PM
^I hope so, because I'm up to date with my system AND I log in on August 10th and 11th to be sure on the eShop. Only thing related to the Ambassador program was in the News section just telling about what it is.

I really like to know if I'm eligible or not.

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: August 13, 2011, 06:36:16 PM
Take it with a grain of salt, but look at this list of NES and GBA games.

GBA games will be available on December 4th. ( Sunday? That doesn't sound right. ^^; )
NES games will be sold to the public on the eshop in October 15th. ( Saturday? Really? XD )

And it looks like some GBA games will be sold on the eshop after all. (if it's true, but an announcement a while ago said they won't be public... hm)
Mario Kart: Super Circuit, WarioWare Twisted (!?) and Pokemon Emerald (!?) are set for a public release in 2012.

NES
~ Super Mario Bros.
~ Donkey Kong Jr.
~ Balloon Fight
~ Ice Climber
~ The Legend of Zelda

~ Metroid
~ Super Mario Bros. 2
~ Kid Icarus
~ Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
~ Kirby’s Adventure

GBA
~ Yoshi’s Island: Super Mario Advance 3
~ Mario Kart: Super Circuit
~ Metroid Fusion
~ WarioWare, Inc.: Minigame Mania
~ Mario vs. Donkey Kong

~ Pokemon Emerald
~ The Legend Of Zelda: The Minish Cap
~ Kirby And The Amazing Mirror
~ Super Mario Ball
~ WarioWare Twisted (Up To Date 3DS Motion Controls)

Yes please to Kid Icarus, Zelda II and Minish Cap~ :3

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline CephiYumi

• Kick the door, hit the floor, magical words (groovy!)
  • RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: August 13, 2011, 07:09:17 PM
I'd heard about Amazing Mirror being a possibility somewhere else so this might be right ^^  Twisted will be nice with the motion controls if it's true :3

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: August 13, 2011, 07:35:02 PM
list

There's a problem with this list. It's already confirmed that Super Mario Bros. 3: SMA4 is one of the GBA titles, which I see is missing here.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 07:36:54 PM by VixyNyan »

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: August 13, 2011, 07:41:51 PM
It was? I thought that was still just a rumor.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: August 13, 2011, 08:37:07 PM
Wasn't that someone confusing Super Mario Advance 3 for Super Mario Bros. 3?

If that list is true, I'm a tiny bit more interested in these games now. I skipped a lot of those GBA games for whatever reason.

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: August 13, 2011, 10:10:34 PM
list

I only played Yoshi's Island, Super Mario Bros. I & II,  The Legend of Zelda, and Kirby's Adventure (or was that Kirby's Dream Land?). So if these are true I'll be able to play some of these classic I never got the chance to play before! That's awesome in my book, but we'll wait and see if this is truly correct.

PS: By the way I'm going on vacation for Universal Studios in Florida so you'll won't see me around, or lurking around, for a while now. I'll miss some of RPM's witty comments... and yes I'll miss, you too, Acid even if you did hijack my artwork topic a while back. :P
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 10:24:05 PM by VixyNyan »

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: August 14, 2011, 12:48:21 AM
Well, I'm only getting it from this link. If this has been proven wrong, then I stand corrected.

You know how it is when reps are used as a source.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #42 on: August 14, 2011, 05:50:42 AM
I have a confession to make: I never played Minish Cap.  If that list is true, that'll certainly keep me busy for a while.

Some little gremlin in the back of my head is still telling me that Nintendo won't be releasing main-series Pokemon games on Virtual Console, though.  At least, not unless there is a transfer solution with the current-gen games.  Otherwise, what's the point?

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Sparky

• Игра закончена
  • A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: August 14, 2011, 07:05:46 AM
Some little gremlin in the back of my head is still telling me that Nintendo won't be releasing main-series Pokemon games on Virtual Console, though.  At least, not unless there is a transfer solution with the current-gen games.  Otherwise, what's the point?

So that people who liked Gen III can play the game again?

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: August 14, 2011, 08:47:23 AM
18 more days till we get the ambassador goodies.

I wonder if they have a time limit before the opportunity expires.

As in, not redeeming the NES games in a month means you can't get them or some [parasitic bomb] like that.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #45 on: August 14, 2011, 05:01:52 PM
Dunno.  But as far as the NES games go, Ambassadors are getting early builds of the emulator and will be able to re-download the public versions for free when they're available for the rest of the world to pay for.  I would think that status should be preserved whether you download early versions or not.  GBA games are a different story.

And it looks like some GBA games will be sold on the eshop after all. (if it's true, but an announcement a while ago said they won't be public... hm)
I've always taken that announcement with a grain of salt.  I find it exceptionally difficult to believe that Nintendo would leave Yoshi's Island unavailable to the public.  Now maybe, just maybe, they intend to publicly release the SNES version and leave the GBA version exclusive to us.  But, I find it more likely that "no plans" for a public release means nothing more than "we haven't set a release date yet".

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: August 15, 2011, 06:05:02 AM
Intresting thing to note, Club Nintendo members can get coins for their 20 free games if they have registered their 3DS before the games release.

Seems like 2,000 free coins to me. :D

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: August 20, 2011, 05:50:00 AM
Next week, there "might" be a Nintendo-website announcement about a "confirmation form" for English users, similar to the Japanese form, where you have to check your 3DS serial number.

Aaaand I was right~

Nintendo 3DS customers who performed the latest system update or connected to the Nintendo eShop before 11:59pm Eastern time on August 11, 2011 were automatically registered in the Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Program.

During the week of August 15th Nintendo will launch a website that will allow customers to enter their Nintendo 3DS serial number to check their Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Program eligibility. Once the website is live, you will receive a message with the link.

Starting September 1st, 2011, Ambassadors will be able to download 10 NES"TM" games at no charge from the Nintendo eShop. By the end of 2011, Nintendo will also provide Ambassadors with 10 Game Boy Advance Virtual Console games. To download these games, Ambassadors will need to connect* to the Nintendo eShop. We will be announcing more information and instructions for how to download them soon.

*Wireless broadband internet access required.

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=158983

Posted on: August 15, 2011, 13:58:01
OK, the Ambassador Program serial number tool is available now~ (GN)

Write the serial number from the back of your 3DS and see if your 3DS is able to get the free games! :cookie:

Don't enter the last number inside the square border thingy.

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline CephiYumi

• Kick the door, hit the floor, magical words (groovy!)
  • RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: August 20, 2011, 06:46:58 AM
It's weird, cause the text above it specifically says to add in the number from the box as well x3

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: August 20, 2011, 07:11:58 AM
Yep, i'm eligible. I already knew beforehand, but it's nice to get that sense of closure. Just wish Nintendo would have released both GBA and NES games at the same time.