Megaman vs Street Fighter Fangame

SonicZH · 60714

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #150 on: December 18, 2012, 05:35:50 PM
What exactly did Capcom do for the project, other than put it on their website?

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #151 on: December 18, 2012, 06:07:58 PM
Kinda curious there myself...

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #152 on: December 18, 2012, 06:34:50 PM
I'm kind of curious why everyone finds Fortress Boss 2 Vega (well, it's already been said...) so hard.  I beat him in, like, two tries.
[spoiler=Vega Tips]- Stay away from him the whole fight.
- Don't bother climbing the fence.  It won't help. (Or at least it didn't with me.)
- When he climbs the fence, slide away in the opposite direction as quickly as possible.  He will usually miss with his leaping attack.
- Try and knock his claw off if you can. (Rapid-fire shots or a couple charged shots seems to do it.)  This will lessen his reach, even if only for a few moments.
- When he does his Super Move, just get into the opposite corner and just wait it out.  He will miss.  His rose petals also don't hurt you, so don't worry about that.[/spoiler]
You know, there's one thing I didn't try.  I wonder if punching in "Down, R, Up, L, Y, B" on the title screen does anything?

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #153 on: December 18, 2012, 07:18:39 PM

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #154 on: December 18, 2012, 07:21:19 PM
Be warned.  There are spoilers in the soundtrack listing!

Offline Cherrykorock

• Dr Light's other creation
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Zero can divide by Zero.
    • View Profile
Reply #155 on: December 19, 2012, 12:55:39 AM
This was a really good game I say. It feels almost like a megaman game should. The only issues I had were probably my PC not being very powerful. Some of the levels played slowly while others played fine. The levels were really easy but the boss fights were fun and intense! Far more interesting than they usually are! You guys did an excellent job!! <3

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #156 on: December 19, 2012, 01:42:13 AM
C. Viper's stage is unforgivable

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #157 on: December 19, 2012, 02:18:32 AM
One thing to realize with the elevators is that they are controlled with up and down. Trying to raise them by jumping just leads to weirdness.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #158 on: December 19, 2012, 02:22:19 AM
It's TOO weird. They should be either entirely player controlled, (they don't go up and down on their own) or entirely game controlled. (you cant control them)

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #159 on: December 19, 2012, 02:22:53 AM
Does the game slow down for anyone else after playing for a while? O^O

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #160 on: December 19, 2012, 03:13:55 AM
Not I.  Which is weird, considering this computer is running Windows Vista 32-bit with 768 MB of RAM and a 2.0 GHz dual-core CPU.  That tells me the game was pretty thoroughly optimized before it was released.  ^_^  Oh, but I did experience something pretty weird.

I picked Rolento's stage first and the game was running fine throughout his stage.  But when I got to the boss himself?  The game locked up for about 20 seconds.  The odd part?  It only did it once, and only for that boss.  It never did it again all throughout my two-hour session.

Also, the lack of password/save system is deliberate, huh?  40 minutes, huh??  If you say so.  XP

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #161 on: December 19, 2012, 03:15:51 AM
Please tell me people are also having trouble on the "oh my god run like hell and climb the ladder in sonic speed" laser part

please

Also, the lack of password/save system is deliberate, huh?  40 minutes, huh??  If you say so.  XP

inb4peoplebashingcapcom

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
    • N-Mario's Gaming Universe
Reply #162 on: December 19, 2012, 03:58:21 AM
Speaking of elevators, there's one point of the stage where you can get a 1-up, but it's near impossible to get back on the elevator because it leaves, goes back up too quickly. Is that supposed to be some sort of trolling technique?

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #163 on: December 19, 2012, 04:08:39 AM
In Viper's? Just wait for it to come back down.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #164 on: December 19, 2012, 04:26:36 AM
Please tell me people are also having trouble on the "oh my god run like hell and climb the ladder in sonic speed" laser part
Nope.  I got it in two tries.  And I didn't die the first time around because of the "can't see the ladder" thing, strangely.  I think I was trying to Lightning Kick things that shouldn't ought'a be Lightning Kicked (IE, the barrier things), missed a couple times, and bam!  Once I started using the Buster, though, it was all good. ♪

Urien's stage kicked my ass a few times, though.  And the Rush Jet part of Rose's stage was just annoying.  Those Fool cards have so much health.  DX

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #165 on: December 19, 2012, 04:42:36 AM
I've only died 3 times there. The first was the already mentioned hard to see ladder, the other two was because that [tornado fang]ing giant thing on the ceiling shot me while I was climbing the ladder trying to gtfo that screen >__>

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #166 on: December 19, 2012, 05:28:43 AM
What?  You mean the giant [tornado fang]ing S.I.N. Screw Bomber:D

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #167 on: December 19, 2012, 11:45:37 AM
I never experienced any slowdown whatsoever on my 6 hour playthrough. It seemed totally perfect the entire time for me... except that it made this laptop go up to 190 degree's Fareignth only on a couple specific levels. :( Usually would average at 170F for all the other levels..

But it never lagged, crashed, slowed down or anything.

I had to play through the whole game 2 times over because i got stuck at the 8 boss rush area with no e tanks... and that one at the start of the level never re-spawns after game overs..

So after 50 game overs of trying and trying to do the boss rush without E tanks, and 2 lives... i gave up and restarted all over to collect them from the levels.. and not use them until then.

I used only 1 for the Boss Rush, and 4 more on that final boss fight, so i barely beat it.

i seriously did not have any idea that you could get energy refills by shootin the floating balls in the background... which someone mentioned in this thread a couple pages back. I never even thought to try such a thing like that.. darn - oh well

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #168 on: December 19, 2012, 12:00:11 PM
I used only 1 for the Boss Rush, and 4 more on that final boss fight, so i barely beat it.
I didn't need an E tank for Bison, but I'll assume you were up against [spoiler]Akuma[/spoiler]

At least the game was forgiving at the final boss fight, where you can continue right before the final battle, instead of going through the boss rush again.

Fear me.

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #169 on: December 19, 2012, 09:38:08 PM
I finished the game yesterday and really liked it. Congrats to Sonic and Capcom. <3

Best thing about this game: The boss fights. Animating all the SF characters in 8-bit perfectly must have taken a ton of work, and their powers (patterns in general) were incredibly well done. So much fun to fight them. Ryu, Blanka and Urien were my favorite boss fights the first time through.

Worst thing about this game: I was hoping for more unique platform gimmicks. Most stages are all about the enemy placement, with little of the weird platforming stuff from recent Mega Man games (like the grabbers/teleporters in Galaxy Man's stage). This isn't a huge deal, though, at least the stages are fun to play, and not obnoxious like say Mega Man X7.

Awesome work!

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #170 on: December 19, 2012, 10:51:19 PM
I [tornado fang]ing hated that teleporting enemy in Dhalism's stage

Offline Duke87

• Not an Interstate
  • Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #171 on: December 20, 2012, 02:55:58 AM
Tried it out today.

Seems like a lot of fun. Well done, difficulty is right where it should be... but the lack of the ability to save or password really turns me off to it since finding a block of time large enough to beat it will prove difficult.

I have no doubt the game can be finished fairly quickly once you've played it enough to get the patterns of stuff down, but in the initial "I'm blindly experimenting and dying a lot in the process" phase, getting anywhere takes time and a full playthrough in one sitting will be half a day gone. There was a time where I could easily devote half a day at a time to playing video games, but that's tough nowadays...

So yeah, needs save feature. Seriously.

Offline SonicZH

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #172 on: December 20, 2012, 07:42:22 AM
Anyway does anyone have tips on implementing the keyboard in game maker, working on it =P

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #173 on: December 20, 2012, 07:51:57 AM
I just remembered something.  Something rather important.

Does anybody know... how the [parasitic bomb] do you retrieve the E-Tanks that are stuck in the ground?!  I seriously could not figure it out.  I tried all the weapons, but I likely didn't try them in all conceivable ways and just grah.

Offline SonicZH

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #174 on: December 20, 2012, 08:50:33 AM
That is a e tank glitch will be working on that too.
for now, i will work on etank glitch, controllers, escape, may be password =P
I would appreciate if someone could let me know more about controller coding. I know about supperdanny's example. Wanted to study more sources if anyone got more tips for that.