Digital Distribution Thread (Collection, Updates, and Sales!)

VixyNyan · 320989

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #25 on: December 30, 2008, 12:16:39 AM

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: December 30, 2008, 12:30:22 AM
This is the official VC update topic...

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought that one was more of a "show off your collection" type thread. I'll lock this one if it isn't needed. '>.>

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: December 30, 2008, 01:03:07 AM
Doesn't seem to be getting much love in terms of updates. Nothing a merge can't fix, anyway.

You know, this is going to be a very dim statement, but this is mostly because my older Nintendo Lore is rusty, but I'd imagine F-Zero's Zoda is a nod to this Zoda, like James McCloud was to Star Fox or Mr. EAD to the development studio?

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: January 05, 2009, 08:02:20 PM
You'd be correct, although I myself need a refresher on the finer details.

Posted on: December 30, 2008, 01:05:05
Quote from: Nintendo PR
WII-KLY UPDATE: ONE WIIWARE GAME AND ONE VIRTUAL CONSOLE GAME ADDED TO WII SHOP CHANNEL

Jan. 5, 2009

A new year means even more new games at the Wii™ Shop Channel, starting with a pair of imaginative titles to kick off 2009 in style. Anyone who loves Kirby™ can keep the confetti flying to celebrate the release of the classic Kirby's Dream Land™ 3 for the Virtual Console™. And if you're already desperate for a warm mid-winter getaway, check out Sandy Beach, a sand castle game on WiiWare™ that's loaded with sunny fun.

Nintendo adds new and classic games to the Wii Shop Channel at 9 a.m. Pacific time every Monday. Wii owners with a high-speed Internet connection can redeem Wii Points™ to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel or at retail outlets. This week's new games are:

WiiWare

Sandy Beach (Konami, 1-2 players, Rated E for Everyone—Comic Mischief, 500 Wii Points): Enjoy a fun day at Sandy Beach as you build elaborate sand castles. You can work peacefully on your sand castle or enter into a battle with invading crabs in Crab Battle mode. Players will strategically build their sand castle and use cannons to defend it against an army of destructive crabs. After successfully defending your sand castle, discover beach treasures and additional cannons with your metal detector to customize your castle even more.

Virtual Console

Kirby's Dream Land 3 (Super NES™, 1-2 players, Rated E for Everyone, 800 Wii Points): Kirby, Dream Land's resident hero (and everyone's favorite puffball), must once again save the day when the mischievous King Dedede starts causing trouble. Kirby must travel through an assortment of levels, battling an exotic array of enemies (both new and familiar) determined to stop him from completing his mission. Always armed with his trusty ability to swallow enemies and gain special attacks, Kirby can also unite with some of his animal friends and make use of their particular talents. Featuring detailed graphics, challenging boss battles and the distinct charm of a Kirby game, it's no wonder this title is considered a classic.

For more information about Wii, please visit wii.com.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #29 on: January 05, 2009, 09:40:34 PM
My current list:

Wii VC, NES
-Baseball
-Kid Icarus
-Legend of Zelda
-MegaMan
-MegaMan 2
-MegaMan 3
-Pac-Man
-Punch-Out!!
-Startropics
-Super Mario Bros.
-Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
-Yoshi
-Yoshi's Cookie
-Zelda II
-Zoda's Revenge: Startropics 2

Wii VC, SNES
-ActRaiser
-Contra III
-Legend of Zelda LttP
-Pilotwings
-Secret of Mana
-Sim City
-Super Mario Kart
-Super Mario RPG
-Super Metroid

Wii VC, N64
-Mario Kart 64
-Mario Tennis
-Pokemon Snap
-Sin & Punishment
-Star Fox 64
-Super Smash Bros.
-Yoshi Story

Wii VC, Genesis
-Gunstar Heroes
-Toejam & Earl

WiiWare
-MegaMan 9 (+ all DLC)
-MegaMan 10 (+ all DLC)
-Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (+ all DLC)
-Pokemon Rumble
-Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Episode 1

Wii Channels
-Check Mii Out
-Everybody Votes
-Internet
-Metroid Prime 3 preview
-Nintendo
-Wii Speak

DSiWare
-Battle of Giants: Dragons - Bronze Edition
-Earthworm Jim
-Flipnote Studio
-Internet Browser
-Dr. Mario Express
-Photo Dojo
-Shantae: Risky's Revenge

PSP
-MegaMan (J, PS1)
-MegaMan 2 (J, PS1)
-MegaMan 3 (J, PS1)
-Little Big Planet
-Pursuit Force

3DS
-3D Classics: Excitebike
-Pokedex 3D
-Nintendo Video
-All E3 Movies

3DS Virtual Console
-Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge (GB)
-Tennis (GB)
-All the Ambassador stuff
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 11:55:30 PM by Hypershell »

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: January 05, 2009, 10:51:41 PM
-post-

I see StarTropics and Kid Icarus. You have done your part in telling Nintendo we want these series still. XD

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: January 05, 2009, 11:47:48 PM
Eduardo The Samurai Toaster

Just saw this on Kotaku, and just like the guy said, the title ALONE sold me on this game.  2-D SideScroller about Samurai's and the power of Toast?  [tornado fang]-ING SOLD!

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: January 06, 2009, 01:55:52 AM
Well, guess I better update my list to include Kirby's Dream Land 3.

...man, I sure do like Kirby games.

EDIT: ACK! That's right...the last VC thread had my full list, but now I'd have to type up a new one! Maybe later...sleeeeepy.... ;O;

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: January 06, 2009, 02:03:31 AM
You'd be correct, although I myself need a refresher on the finer details.

Posted on: December 30, 2008, 01:05:05
-Kirby Dream Land 3 Released-

FINALLY!! INSTANT DOWNLOAD!! 8)

List Updated to include KDL3 and Art Style Orbient.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: January 06, 2009, 02:38:13 AM
NES
Kirby’s Adventure
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels

SNES
Kirby’s Dream Course
Kirby’s Dream Land 3
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Super Mario World

N64
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
Mario Kart 64
Paper Mario
Sin & Punishment
Starfox 64

GEN
Gunstar Heroes

TG-16
Blazing Lazers
Bomberman ‘93
Soldier Blade

WW
Dr. Mario Online RX
Mega Man 9

I had to think whether or not I wanted KDL3. Played it up to the first level of the second world, so far, and that was in a span of, like, 15 minutes. It's a bit short, but it makes up for it in ENEMY PLACEMENT.

And the powers aren't as flexible as their newer counterparts, oh no, this was before you kids had your fancy hats and your multiple attacks per power, why, back in my day, we...!...we...ZZzzzZZzzzzzzzzzzZzzz

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: January 12, 2009, 08:54:10 PM
    What’s your weapon of choice? Is it a laser gun? Or maybe just a simple deck of cards? No matter what type of game gets you fired up, the latest additions to the Wii™ Shop Channel are sure to add something new and exciting to your arsenal. With fast-flying cards, tumbling pachinko balls and sinister vampires in your midst, you’ll need every tool at your disposal.

Nintendo adds new and classic games to the Wii Shop Channel at 9 a.m. Pacific time every Monday. Wii owners with a high-speed Internet connection can redeem Wii Points™ to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel or at retail outlets. This week’s new games are:

WiiWare™

Jungle Speed® (Playful Entertainment Inc., 1-8 players, Rated E for Everyone, 1,000 Wii Points): Jungle Speed is a lightning-fast card game for the entire family, where quick reflexes and a keen eye will put you on top. Flip your cards, watch your opponents and grab the totem at the right moment to win the game. Just when you think you’ve got it down, a new card can temporarily change the rules and keep you on the edge. Play starts when the first person flips a card. Moving around the table, symbols are revealed until two of the exposed cards match. Players with matching cards must then scramble to grasp the totem in the middle of the table; the loser gets the winner’s cards and anything in the pot. With paws flying, be the first person to get rid of all your cards and win the game.

Planet Pachinko (Allied Kingdoms Inc., 1-2 players, Rated E for Everyone—Fantasy Violence, 500 Wii Points): Can you survive the Pachinkeet Temples of Planet Pachinko? In the future of the future, an ancient civilization has sealed away its riches in elaborate temples dedicated to the game of pachinko. Now the Robot family must fight through these dangerous temples in search of their lost puppy. Using their rockets, lasers, grenades and slime launchers, will they be able to survive the challenges? They aren’t the only ones adventuring through the temples. The pirate Vile Vill and his minions are looking to loot the temples and take on the Robot family. Play in single-player mode or with a friend in exciting two-player co-op.

Virtual Console™

Castlevania® III: Dracula’s Curse (NES™, 1 player, Rated E for Everyone—Fantasy Violence, 500 Wii Points): This is the third game in the popular Castlevania series and the last of the franchise released on the original NES console. Take on the role of Trevor Belmont, forefather of Simon, and battle Dracula in a time long before the events of the first two Castlevania games. In addition to his trusty whip, Trevor has a previously unseen power—the ability to transform into one of three different companion spirits that he meets during his quest: Syfa, a young vampire hunter capable of powerful magic; Grant, a ferocious pirate who can climb on walls; and Alucard, forgotten son of Dracula, able to shoot fireballs and transform into a bat. Use an assortment of weapons (some specific to each character) as you choose which path to follow in your fight against Dracula and his army. Loaded with replay value and featuring some of the best platform action ever, this title is not to be missed.

I want CV3  :(

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline CephiYumi

• Kick the door, hit the floor, magical words (groovy!)
  • RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: January 12, 2009, 09:04:06 PM
Can you survive the Pachinkeet Temples of Planet Pachinko? In the future of the future, an ancient civilization has sealed away its riches in elaborate temples dedicated to the game of pachinko.

wow o.o

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: January 13, 2009, 02:37:22 AM
That's infinitely better than being a "Hedgehog from light years in the future". XD

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: January 13, 2009, 04:25:03 AM
In addition to his trusty whip, Trevor has a previously unseen power—the ability to transform into one of three different companion spirits that he meets during his quest:

stupid America. that makes no [tornado fang]ing sense whatsoever. i don't think Alucard is a "forgotten" son either.

as if this game didn't get butchered enough when it came across the pacific. and CV3 where Grant only stabs with a knife is not a CV3 worth playing.

Akumajou Densetsu for the win.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: January 13, 2009, 09:25:26 AM
Akumajou Densetsu for the win.

omg I was like, thinking that when I read the announcement through my Wii.
The first 2 games came out on the Japanese Wii. This third one should too. ^^

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: January 13, 2009, 12:22:37 PM
Oh man, Dracula's Curse. I do wish we got the kick-ass JP soundtrack though.

Updated my list with Mega Man 3 and World of Goo.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: January 15, 2009, 11:42:01 PM
http://www.gonintendo.com/?p=69345

Quote from: ESRB cleans up ‘never-released on VC’ titles
The ESRB has been a great place for us to find out about upcoming Virtual Console titles. While they are mostly spot-on with their listings, there were a few VC games that never actually made it onto the service. Below are the titles that were removed, and the titles that are still rated but haven’t hit the VC yet.

Removed: Aerofighters Assault, Beetle Adventure Racing, Hagane: The Final Conflict, Tin Star and Uniracers

Rated, but not on VC yet: Pilotwings and Pro Wrestling

O^O

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: January 15, 2009, 11:52:26 PM
they forgot Earthbound.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: January 16, 2009, 01:10:05 AM
[...]Beetle Adventure Racing[...]Uniracers[...]

NOOOOOOOOO! ;O;

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: January 16, 2009, 01:15:47 AM
I liked uniracers. I wish I had a copy of that games manual (Apparently its very sarcastic and strange.).

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: January 16, 2009, 03:39:55 AM
Did someone say Pilotwings?   8D

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: January 16, 2009, 05:29:35 AM
Pilotwings?!

...64?

...no? Oh.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: January 17, 2009, 01:13:19 PM
Holy crap. I decided to look what new's in hw VC shop and I saw... SECRET OF MANA.

Now I HAVE to buy Wiipoints to get that. I'm so excited. I'm so excited.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: January 20, 2009, 08:22:30 AM
The moment I woke up, I saw N64 Smash Brothers on the shop channel, so I bought it~ The buttons are set just like Melee and Brawl from the start. ^.^ </wii>

(c) Sky Child~