Klavier Gavin · 14164

Offline Blaze Yeager

• The Loremaster
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • "To win is to lose, to lose is to win."
    • View Profile
    • Suikatei Blog
Reply #25 on: June 20, 2010, 06:38:09 AM
The Saturn extras would be nice. I also want a new final boss. I didn't enjoy fighting the crappified version of Rockman 7's final boss. Also, I would love to see new layouts for the stages, akin to Rockman Rockman.
Maybe More Robot Master Cameos,a battle with that Giga Ape,Battle with the Duo Clone,and a Easier Wily 1?

Into Darkness, into the Abyss. Where only anathema exists.
| https://twitter.com/BlazeMcPhearson |

Offline Tenshi

• 天使の伝説
  • Robot Master
  • ミソラちゃん
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: June 20, 2010, 02:53:21 PM
Most of those things wouldn't hurt, though I like the first Wily Stage how it is.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #27 on: June 22, 2010, 01:12:26 AM
I can't imagine what its gonna be be like playing a game like Super Metroid or Mega Man game in 3D. Now give me Mega Man 1 ~ 10, Super Mario Bros., Super Mario RPG, Contra 3, and A Link to the Past, and THEN and I will crap Servbots.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: June 22, 2010, 01:19:27 AM

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #29 on: June 22, 2010, 01:28:18 AM
I think he meant "Mario".  Fan-gasm mixing up Nintendo franchises, it happens.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: June 22, 2010, 01:30:39 AM
I think he meant "Mario".  Fan-gasm mixing up Nintendo franchises, it happens.
Yes but now I want a Super Metroid RPG.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile

Offline Tenshi

• 天使の伝説
  • Robot Master
  • ミソラちゃん
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: June 22, 2010, 01:34:51 AM
Super Mario RPG <3. I would [parasitic bomb] goombas, bricks, money, and everything else if they either port it to the 3DS, or make a real sequel for it.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: June 22, 2010, 01:37:21 AM
"Sequels", I hate to say, will never be the same without Square.  The entire Paper and M&L lines, though they have their own respective charms, are proof of that.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Tenshi

• 天使の伝説
  • Robot Master
  • ミソラちゃん
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: June 22, 2010, 01:40:13 AM
"Sequels", I hate to say, will never be the same without Square.  The entire Paper and M&L lines, though they have their own respective charms, are proof of that.
Sadly, this is true. Square is long since dead thanks to the merger with Enix. Both companies were good when they were seperate. Square Enix, not so much, though. Anyway, Paper Mario was originally going to be Super Mario RPG 2, but Square didn't want Nintendo to make it without them, so they had to rename it. Mah dream is now crushed. *sadface*

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: June 22, 2010, 01:44:12 AM
Sadly, this is true. Square is long since dead thanks to the merger with Enix. Both companies were good when they were seperate. Square Enix, not so much, though. Anyway, Paper Mario was originally going to be Super Mario RPG 2, but Square didn't want Nintendo to make it without them, so they had to rename it.
Funnily enough, I never was very familiarized with Square or their games before the merger. But I think they pretty much went kaput since FF7. 9 was a small stroke of genius, but tons of decisions they made in that time were terrible. Jesus, remember Ehergiz?

Offline Tenshi

• 天使の伝説
  • Robot Master
  • ミソラちゃん
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: June 22, 2010, 01:46:51 AM
I grew up playing Nintendo, Capcom, and Square games. Super Metroid, Rockman X, and Chrono Trigger are my favorite of their respective company.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: June 22, 2010, 01:48:13 AM
"Sequels", I hate to say, will never be the same without Square.  The entire Paper and M&L lines, though they have their own respective charms, are proof of that.

Sadly, this is true. Square is long since dead thanks to the merger with Enix. Both companies were good when they were seperate. Square Enix, not so much, though. Anyway, Paper Mario was originally going to be Super Mario RPG 2, but Square didn't want Nintendo to make it without them, so they had to rename it. Mah dream is now crushed. *sadface*

I second that. Even though I haven't played any Paper Mario RPGs, but I did play a bit of Mario and Luigi on a GBA Emulator before I played SMRPG. :<

Funnily enough, I never was very familiarized with Square or their games before the merger. But I think they pretty much went kaput since FF7. 9 was a small stroke of genius, but tons of decisions they made in that time were terrible. Jesus, remember Ehergiz?

I remember playing a demo of Ehergiz from Playstation Underground (anyone remembers them?) back when I used to have a PS2, but that game was "eh. *tosses it over the shoulder*" to me...

Offline Tenshi

• 天使の伝説
  • Robot Master
  • ミソラちゃん
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: June 22, 2010, 01:49:07 AM
Ehrgeiz was terrible. I died a little inside, when I played it.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: June 22, 2010, 01:52:50 AM
I grew up playing Nintendo, Capcom, and Square games. Super Metroid, Rockman X, and Chrono Trigger are my favorite of their respective company.
Growing up, it was SEGATREASURESEGATREASURESEGATREASURE for me. Now I live in an alien world where everyone has different childhood memories than me and everyone looks at me strangely when I said I only played the NES at friends' houses. 8D

Ehrgeiz was terrible. I died a little inside, when I played it.
Don't remind me. A friend of mine got it imported and everything. Waited a long time, all hyped about the game. The next day, dude had the saddest face I'd seen him with.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: June 22, 2010, 03:36:48 AM
Well, I thought Ehrgeiz was fun...to rent...

Offline Tenshi

• 天使の伝説
  • Robot Master
  • ミソラちゃん
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: June 22, 2010, 06:39:40 AM
Ehrgeiz is fun... to throw out the window like a frisbee.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: June 22, 2010, 01:30:07 PM
I know I'm way off-topic here, but since we're speaking of non-popular Square games, what does everyone think about Project Sylpheed? I'm thinking of getting it, 'cause I found it hella cheap in a local store, but don't want to risk it being a pile of crap.

Offline Ike-Mike

• Protoman: "Nein!"
  • Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: June 22, 2010, 01:57:00 PM
I'll lol really hard if the 3DS is gonna get MMPU2.

Oh and PSX era Square wasn't 'going downhill', they were just very experimental, which is pretty cool in its own right.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: June 22, 2010, 02:00:40 PM
I'll lol really hard if the 3DS is gonna get MMPU2.

At this point I just want MMPU2. System doesn't even matter anymore.

Oh and PSX era Square wasn't 'going downhill', they were just very experimental, which is pretty cool in its own right.

Capcom had such a phase too. I think it was during the Dreamcast era.

Offline Tenshi

• 天使の伝説
  • Robot Master
  • ミソラちゃん
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: June 22, 2010, 03:56:26 PM
I want Rockman Rockman 2 to come out and sell well, so they make Rockman Rockman 3 D: The game would definitely sell better on the 3DS, though, that's prolly not saying a lot.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: June 23, 2010, 12:33:34 AM
I'm more concerned with MHX2.  X2's soundtrack demands remixing, and the rumors of such a soundtrack being pulled from X Collection infuriate me to this day.

In all honesty I was not impressed with MMPU.  The sheer concept of it all is awesome enough to warrant sequels, but there were more than a few execution points that could have been done better.  I'm still wondering what the hell they were thinking with the Robot Master rematches.  The camera is zoomed in so far that it feels more like a GB remake than an NES remake, and the stage-maker is clunky at best (Enemy Packs?  No music selection?  Seriously, WTH?).

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: June 23, 2010, 12:37:08 AM
I'm more concerned with MHX2.  X2's soundtrack demands remixing, and the rumors of such a soundtrack being pulled from X Collection infuriate me to this day.

In all honesty I was not impressed with MMPU.  The sheer concept of it all is awesome enough to warrant sequels, but there were more than a few execution points that could have been done better.  I'm still wondering what the hell they were thinking with the Robot Master rematches.  The camera is zoomed in so far that it feels more like a GB remake than an NES remake, and the stage-maker is clunky at best (Enemy Packs?  No music selection?  Seriously, WTH?).
Problem with the game was that, although it was a really great game, it wasn't classic 8-bit Megaman. That kind of game can only work with that size of Megaman sprite shooting away at enemies with exactly that kind of jump and moves. I can't exactly explain why, but it just WORKS right. The game felt very different gameplay-wise.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: June 23, 2010, 01:08:37 AM
The camera is zoomed in so far that it feels more like a GB remake than an NES remake
That's exactly what this refers to.  Body-to-screen-size ratio is a big part of what makes NES MegaMan NES MegaMan (The GB games, if you're unfamiliar, use NES-size sprites on an obviously infinitely smaller screen, thus mandating slower shots, shorter jumps, etc.  They're very tricky to get into if you didn't play them back in the day.).

It's especially detrimental when remaking MM1, which lacks any refinements that the series later saw.  There are no health reserves, no "Item/Rush" equipment; hell they even removed the Magnet Beam.  MM1 is the absolute bare-bones of MegaMan gameplay, and PU takes that and tries to rely on NES nostalgia in a very un-NES-feeling physics setup.  Sure, there's a truckload of extra players, and that is WONDERFUL, but the core design feels like one big mixed message.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: June 23, 2010, 01:16:53 AM
That's exactly what this refers to.  Body-to-screen-size ratio is a big part of what makes NES MegaMan NES MegaMan (The GB games, if you're unfamiliar, use NES-size sprites on an obviously infinitely smaller screen, thus mandating slower shots, shorter jumps, etc.  They're very tricky to get into if you didn't play them back in the day.).

It's especially detrimental when remaking MM1, which lacks any refinements that the series later saw.  There are no health reserves, no "Item/Rush" equipment; hell they even removed the Magnet Beam.  MM1 is the absolute bare-bones of MegaMan gameplay, and PU takes that and tries to rely on NES nostalgia in a very un-NES-feeling physics setup.  Sure, there's a truckload of extra players, and that is WONDERFUL, but the core design feels like one big mixed message.
First Megaman game that had everything a Megaman game needs was MM2.

As for Powered Up, what they should have done was make a whole new franchise out of that gameplay, with new level designs and stuff. It coulda been awesome.