You are on my list now, so yep.

Offline Suppercut ♡

• Toaster Catgirl Sniper
  • Neo Arcadian
  • something something All Limiters Released
    • View Profile
    • Ironically Opressing Oppression
Reply #3676 on: April 27, 2013, 02:37:40 PM
I couldn't care less about the items, even if I tried.

It's more about the stuff that happens in the game itself and the characters for me.

Besides, this game has BROCK [tornado fang]ing SAMSON!

And Sam.

And GladOS.

Screw anything else.

That's how I ended up liking the original game. The original game had some great interaction between the characters, partly because they fit well together. You had a nerd, a dork, a psycho, and the [tornado fang]ing Heavy. This game...you kinda have three psychos and an annoying little [parasitic bomb]. GLaDOS has her funny lines, but firstly, she pokes her head into a lot of conversations, making them seem really forced, and I really missed the enthusiasm of the old dealer. I miss "The player has...A FLUSH!" which is abandoned for "*insert quip here* has a full house. e__e " She also makes way more commentary on how players win. I KNOW I have the higher pair, GLaDOS, I know you like to call people stupid but come on!

In general something feels off with the gameplay. Part of it is, I'm guessing, the pointlessly raised stakes which only serves to confuse the [parasitic bomb] out of someone like me who has played Poker Night 1 over and over again. Then there's the bounty. You know, when it came to Poker Night 1, the item system made a lot more sense. A character was like, "[tornado fang] I don't have the money. Have a gun I guess," or something to that effect. But the item system now is "Hey so the player is so super special that you have to wager something extra because I said so" "okay fine whatever even though I really don't want to do this." Not only that, but you have to actually WIN the tournament instead of bust him out, which pointlessly drags out any item run.

Then there's the voice acting. Max outstays his welcome by being way more than a background character, which is where he really belongs since Telltales clearly lost his voice actor, and now he just sounds disgustingly bad. Sam just sounds off. We all have complaints for Ashley's voice, I'll bet. Brock...well I don't know him, but he tends to deliver most of his lines in the exact same tone almost every time, which I know this voice actor can do better. Craptrap and GLaDOS are, ironically, the only spot-on characters.

I could go on, but...I'm assuming I've already outstayed my welcome, so TL;DR didn't like the voice acting, gameplay is off, and the characters don't seem matched well.

what

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #3677 on: April 27, 2013, 03:07:32 PM
I think I have like 5 steam games, a couple were given as a gift :/

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3678 on: April 27, 2013, 05:00:56 PM
i don't really know much of the characters in PN2 myself other than GLaDOS and Claptrap, so my biggest issue is that Claptrap is there to begin with. I know he's like a mascot for Borderlands but he really needs to shut the [tornado fang] up like holy [parasitic bomb]. There is a reason every character in his own game and even this one despise him. Steve 'Heyyoo' the Bandit who got in as a background character would've been so much better. Or literally any other character from Borderlands 2. Especially the villain Handsome Jack.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #3679 on: April 27, 2013, 07:28:25 PM
I forgot to mention back on my last post that along with Prince of Persia, I got a legit copy of FF Tactics Advance. 'Cept I don't want to play it since it has a file sitting there with 136 hours clocked.
ffffuck

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #3680 on: April 27, 2013, 11:23:17 PM
Poker Night 2
Wish I could play this and Poker Night 1... :(

I think I have like 5 steam games, a couple were given as a gift :/
Pretty much the same with me; only 7 of my Steam games I actually bought (Beat Hazard + Ultra DLC, Borderlands 1: Game of the Year Edition, Recettear and Chantelise, Breath of Death VII and Cthulhu Saves the World, and Cave Story+), the other games I got from a friend as a gift (Terraria and the games from Indie Royale's Summer Bundle of 2012) or got completely for free (Portal 1 and Metro 2033). And for some reason my brother has Cry of Fear on Steam. Not sure how he was able to convince my family to fork over money to buy it when that money could have been used to get my VERY belated limited edition copy of Z.O.E HD Collection, or better yet, use that money make this damn depressing house repair crap I'm going through that's stopping me from the things I want to buy cheap go by quicker, but eh. Time to ruin my chances of sleeping for a week! *begins Cry of Fear*

-EDIT-
Never mind about what I said earlier about Cry of Fear. Apparently it's officially free-to-play on Steam.

-EDIT 2-
Forgot to mention NO MODDING NEEDED. Just download and have pleasant dreams~ 8D

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #3681 on: April 28, 2013, 01:35:43 AM

Never about what I said earlier about Cry of Fear. Apparently it's officially free-to-play on Steam

Forgot to mention NO MODDING NEEDED. Just download and have pleasant dreams~ 8D

[tornado fang] me
i said i'd never play it but now i probably do have to

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #3682 on: April 28, 2013, 03:57:02 AM
Got all 8 badges in Pokemon White 2 and I have to say I don't think that I like Samurott any better than Emboar.  I hope X and Y's starters are better.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #3683 on: April 28, 2013, 11:36:08 PM
I guess I'll move onto Ace Attorney Investigations.

I'm still in the middle of EOIV, but that can wait.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #3684 on: April 30, 2013, 05:12:26 AM
Decided to switch my Samurott with a Starmie since my Samurott just didn't work well with my team and since it's had a bad nature for defense it got knocked out a lot, not to mention I felt needed a Pokemon with Psychic attacks.  I do not regret this decision at all.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline GP Aznable

• King of the hill
  • A-Class Hunter
  • I'm the REAL Woodman, foo!
    • View Profile
Reply #3685 on: May 01, 2013, 04:50:41 AM
Finished- Senran Kagura VS

Still playing- SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online/ Phantasy Star Online 2

Waiting for Gundam Breaker/Dragon's Crown/PKMN X

Eat, or be eaten...

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #3686 on: May 01, 2013, 05:40:13 AM

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #3687 on: May 01, 2013, 05:56:15 AM
Human Error [Source Mod]
The Stanley Parable [Source Mod]
Triage [Source Mod]
1187 [Source Mod]
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time [PC]
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands [Wii/Physical Copy]
Prince of Persia Original [Wii/Forgotten Sands Extras]
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance [GBA/Physical Copy]
Queen's Crown 2 [Android]

Playing FFTA gave me a huge blast of nostalgia for playing on a Game Boy Advance. I need to track down all my old games scattered around our storage and see if I can pick up some GBC titles to go with it.

Offline GP Aznable

• King of the hill
  • A-Class Hunter
  • I'm the REAL Woodman, foo!
    • View Profile

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #3689 on: May 01, 2013, 06:54:21 AM
Found out my old Sega Nomad still works and played some Rocket Knight Adventures on it.

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline Suppercut ♡

• Toaster Catgirl Sniper
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3690 on: May 01, 2013, 01:04:42 PM
Human Error [Source Mod]
The Stanley Parable [Source Mod]
These two are brilliant Source games. By the way, remind me this weekend to work on a walkthrough for Artillery F. It really needs one of those, amirite?

what

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #3691 on: May 01, 2013, 02:03:55 PM
Oh, Vixy, you played this too? What ship are you in? Mine's 2.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #3692 on: May 01, 2013, 07:54:36 PM
Gravelord Sword... is awesome. Enter Lordran, Catacombs, fast drop, tomb. So easy. You need 24 STR to wield it properly, a little less for 2-hand. Kills Bell Gargoyles in 3-4 hits, it's ridiculous.

Just messing around in Dark Souls. I wanted to play Homecoming or something, but it's literally the brightest day in history today. Maybe tonight.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #3693 on: May 01, 2013, 08:29:59 PM
These two are brilliant Source games. By the way, remind me this weekend to work on a walkthrough for Artillery F. It really needs one of those, amirite?

I've been playing 1187 and Triage more, actually. Out of all four, 1187 is the best. Stanley takes second place though. I'm playing Triage because a couple of guys on Reddit advertised it and it's buggy as hell and kind of ugly, but it makes up for it with pretty good weapon mechanics and balancing and out of all first person shooters I've played, a source mod made by a couple college guys has the best large-scale battles I've ever played.

Offline Suppercut ♡

• Toaster Catgirl Sniper
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3694 on: May 02, 2013, 12:30:09 AM
So, your opinions on Artillery F?

what

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #3695 on: May 02, 2013, 01:01:00 AM
I told you already. I like it.

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #3696 on: May 02, 2013, 03:41:08 PM
Upgraded the Gravelord Sword+5. Holy ****, I am dealing so much damage. Will definitely grab this weapon more often... and the upgrade materials aren't too hard to access (gotta fight a bunch of Titanite Demons, though).

I killed O&S on my second try (was really close the first time). Pinwheel got 4HKO'd. And I didn't even use Power Within (didn't have enough attunement slots).

I'm just chilling in this Dark Souls playthrough, exploring whatever I feel like, not too concerned with finishing the game. Found an area at Sen's Fortress that I didn't know about... with a giant!

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #3697 on: May 02, 2013, 04:18:41 PM
Played some Gears of War: Judgement with my brother last night. Still a bit iffy with new controls (making RB the grenade button was a bad choice), and kinda disappointed that pistols replace one of your main weapons. Next thing, you can wield an non-heavy weapon with a boomshield. I think that maybe a little too much. o-O

Then, the game hangs, and we had to call it quits, for tonight. I have yet to find out what what really made this game weaker than Gears 3.

Fear me.

Offline Suppercut ♡

• Toaster Catgirl Sniper
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3698 on: May 02, 2013, 09:38:42 PM
Picked up Battle Network 1 on my Android emulator...until I found my Android to be running out of battery way too fast. >_<

what

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #3699 on: May 03, 2013, 01:44:32 AM
Picked up Battle Network 1
Why the [tornado fang] would you do that to yourself?
Pick up 2 or 3 to start off. 1 is a [tornado fang]ing weak game. WEAK AS [parasitic bomb].

Anyway.

I've beat the main storyline of HACK GU games, and now I can do whatever the [tornado fang] I want in VOL 3. Cool.

Also, I've found that rising my level to 134 before fighting the Azue Trio, and then updating the dual guns with "Cheat Alchemizing" (No seriously. That's what it's called. You use key items called "cheat codes" to do it.)  Was enough to last me through all to the final boss. I [tornado fang]ing RAPED THE FINAL BOSS!

All in all. I feel quite satisfied.