The Kirby Thread

VixyNyan · 27551

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: May 07, 2010, 08:06:12 PM
Wait, did this topic really become list wars?

*insert truth here*

I'd love to continue this train of thought, but I feel that as it stands I'm wildly off topic in a thread devoted to Kirby. XD

Yeah, it was to be expected. A list was necessary to make the point though, if only visually >.>

Anyways, yes, lets go back to discussing our all powerful, adorable, glutton, missile launching animal hater pink ball.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: May 07, 2010, 08:14:42 PM
Soooo, this is a Kirby thread now. Discuss Kirby. XD

I still have to play Super Star Ultra, Canvas Curse is still god tier, and Kirby 64's mixture powers so need to come back. Gunpower star chucking Kirby was awesome.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: May 07, 2010, 08:18:53 PM
I still need to play Canvas Curse some day, hopefully I'll find it for a good price somewhere. Also, yes, the double powers need to come back, I want my refrigerator Kirby, lightbulb Kirby, Darth Maul's lightsaber wielding Kirby, etc. back =(

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #28 on: May 07, 2010, 08:24:46 PM
Hey, the music is in my INFINITE LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP playlist. Along with Pokémon Stadium's Rival Battle theme. Which I would've forgotten to get if Akira hadn't posted that music in another thread... lol

Anywho, I hope a new Kirby game comes out. And it better have some challenge. Squeak Squad was ridiculously easy. At least Superstar Ultra had challenge in the form of the True Arena. And beating with all helpers? Now that was difficult. But I did it!

Also, I've beaten every Kirby platformer 100%. ^_^

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: May 08, 2010, 09:50:09 AM
Question: Would a Tilt' n Tumble game work well on a Wii? I think it could work pretty well, at least for a bonus stage or something.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #30 on: May 08, 2010, 03:15:27 PM
The Gamecube-GBA connectivity tech demo that Miyamoto showed at one game event a long time ago played very well. The cartridge in the GBA had this rotating sensor similar to the old Tilt n Tumble and Wario Ware Twisted. When Kirby falls in a hole on the Gamecube screen, the game turns to the GBA screen where you move Kirby on a lower floor or underground, similar to 4 Swords Adventures. ^^

It could work with the Wii Remote, Wii Motion Plus, or a DS with the sensor inside. </wii>

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #31 on: May 08, 2010, 07:25:11 PM
Yeah, it would be sweet if they did a new one...

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #32 on: May 08, 2010, 08:04:07 PM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rLhIwp2iGk[/youtube]

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: May 08, 2010, 09:59:52 PM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rLhIwp2iGk[/youtube]
See? New idea. Innovation. GOOD. Evolution is good for a franchise.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #34 on: May 08, 2010, 10:26:34 PM
Even though *technically* it's just an upgrade of Tilt 'n' Tumble for the GBC...

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: May 08, 2010, 11:21:35 PM
Even though *technically* it's just an upgrade of Tilt 'n' Tumble for the GBC...
All games are upgrades of one another. Put this on the Wii, give it more panache, and you'll have a good, innovative game.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #36 on: May 08, 2010, 11:23:35 PM
But you're arguing in another topic that you don't want upgrades of older games, you want something new. You're constantly contradicting yourself here.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: May 08, 2010, 11:27:49 PM
But you're arguing in another topic that you don't want upgrades of older games, you want something new. You're constantly contradicting yourself here.
There's a big line between innovating a game and making the same crap. This here would introduce 3D into the game and GBA interactivity. Not just that, if the gameplay worked well, they'd inevitable introduce alot more stuff into the game. More abilities based on tilt. More different kinds of level designs. This kind of thing escalates. Mario 64 is an upgrade of Super Mario World. And yet, it innovated.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: May 09, 2010, 12:47:58 AM
Mirby, Flash, drop it.

Get it? Got it? Good.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #39 on: May 09, 2010, 01:02:46 AM
I think that we should have a Kirby game that lets you combine any two powers, with more than just the 8 or so in Kirby 64. Plasma Arrows (Plasma x Cupid), Fire Boomerang (Fire x Cutter), Time Stop (Ice x Crash), the possibilities are endless!

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: May 10, 2010, 02:22:49 AM
What would actually be nice is if they tried to evolve the Kirby franchise to full 3D platforming, the same way they did with Mario. But Nintendo doesn't have the brass balls to do that, and it would [acid burst] off fans that just want the same thing all over again, so, no.
It should be the opposite of Kirby 64: 3D platforming, but with 2D graphics!  Everyone would be like WHOAA!

Get it? Got it? Good.
No you are not doing the comedy routine thing right, you are supposed to wait after you say "Get it?" for the other guy to say "Got it," and then you say "Good."  See?

I think that we should have a Kirby game that lets you combine any two powers, with more than just the 8 or so in Kirby 64. Plasma Arrows (Plasma x Cupid), Fire Boomerang (Fire x Cutter), Time Stop (Ice x Crash), the possibilities are endless!
I don't think the developers will appreciate your Combinatorial Explosion!

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #41 on: May 10, 2010, 02:30:29 AM
Well FF3DS had 279,841 combinations... all I'm asking for is the now-standard 25 powers to be combined in any way, giving a grand total of... 650 combinations. That's 25 for individual, and 625 for combined (yes, Fire x Fire and stuff again). Mainly, I want Crash to be used more.

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: May 10, 2010, 02:43:30 AM
Eh?  What did Final Fantasy 3 DS combine?  I'm only familiar with the FamiCom version.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #43 on: May 10, 2010, 02:59:20 AM
That's how many possible party combinations you could have. 23 jobs, thus 23 x 23 x 23 x 23. I'm not sure how many were in the Famicom version, but it would still be a lot more than all I'm asking for.

Keep in mind that where the FC version only had 1 sprite for each class (with the exception of Onion Kid), the DS version had individual polygonal models for each character in each class. So that's 279,841 different sets of models on that one DS game card, just for the characters. Imagine how many there are for enemies, NPCs, and such.

Maybe it's just clothing swaps, but still. A good amount.

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: May 10, 2010, 03:25:11 AM
But that's only 4 x 23 = 92 character models, right?  I mean, it's not one character taking on four jobs at once in some kind of mixture; it's four characters with access to 1 of 23 jobs at a time.  Now that makes for a lot of combinations for the player to consider as strategies, but the game still only needs the stats for 23 jobs and 92 playable character models programmed in.  In Kirby 64, it was the game developers who had to come up with the appearance and physics of each power combination.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #45 on: May 10, 2010, 03:32:22 AM
Good point. My bad. Still, in a dream Kirby game situation, this is what I'd want.

And it wouldn't be too bad. All the special Arrow powers would use the Cupid sprites; the attacks would be different. Crash would remain the same all around; the effects would vary. Boomerang powers would use the same sprites. All that would really be different would be the effects in my vision.

Offline geekgo4

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: May 14, 2010, 06:22:04 AM
Well, I have finally got 100% on Kirby Super Star Ultra for the Nintendo DS. Helper to Hero was a chore, that I have beaten Meta Knightmare Ultra and The TRUE Arena... again. It was then that I have realize that I have forgotten a secret passage at Dynablade. Geekgo4, you idiot!

As I said before, Kirby power is growing by the hour and and it won't be long till he reaches Game Breaking stats. So, why not use more than one gimmick? Copy Fusions and Helper Summons? HELL YEAH!

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #47 on: May 14, 2010, 06:26:27 AM
That would be cool.

Also, now you have the secret video?

Offline Hiryu

• Capcom's Favorite futuristic ninja
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: May 14, 2010, 07:40:34 PM
I remember playing Kirby's Adventure a few years ago, never could manage to beat the final boss though.

I liked Kirby 64, didn't play too much of that though. I rented it.

I'll have to try more Kirby games one day soon. I didn't even know about him until SSB64. He's my favorite character to use.

No you are not doing the comedy routine thing right, you are supposed to wait after you say "Get it?" for the other guy to say "Got it," and then you say "Good."  See?

Erm, Maybe a reference to Master of Disguise?

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-