Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #76 on: May 06, 2010, 11:30:49 PM
*pounds*

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #77 on: May 06, 2010, 11:34:07 PM
I think I'm one of the lucky few who played Rockman X7, no unbearable voice acting and nice opening intro.

Who need story when you play megaman games anyway.  8D

Get the PC version, apply English script patch.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #78 on: May 06, 2010, 11:35:18 PM
I did that, but lack of up key made me stop... :(

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #79 on: May 06, 2010, 11:36:50 PM
People dislike Star Tropics? News to me. Star Tropics is awesome.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #80 on: May 06, 2010, 11:36:54 PM
I like Harmony of Dissonance.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #81 on: May 06, 2010, 11:37:40 PM
It is quite awesome.

STARTROPICS 3! COME ON NINTY!

And I've already stated I like Harmony of Dissonance.

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #82 on: May 06, 2010, 11:43:32 PM
Who the [tornado fang] is hatin' on StarTropics?

Offline Dantonumanoa Ongdolota Amycronicon

• Unwholesome, unsavory and unintelligible
  • Neo Arcadian
  • o fuk my k/d ratio
    • View Profile
Reply #83 on: May 06, 2010, 11:46:52 PM
Your reading skills still suck, again.
Its a shallow money raking title. It is a degraded rip of the EXE series, which was already pushing the bounds of generic cash cow [parasitic bomb]. The story is even more ridiculous and drawn out than the EXE series.

EXE and Starforce are a complete waste of the Legends team's ability. It should be criminal.
Please tell me what I missed. The second sentence? OH NO
It doesn't really change the meaning of your [tornado fang]ing post, unless you have some fine print hidden in there somewhere, in which case, you're a cock, or you think that that sentence has some implicit meaning that is exclusive to yourself, in which case, you need to go back to basic English skills workbooks.

Besides, you're still giving bullshit reasons for why you don't like the series. If there's no Megaman in there, then just say it. No one's going to make fun of you (by which I mean you'll embarrass yourself anyway).

I put on my [twin slasher] face.

I also go by Spectro D., Idylleaus, Malabar, and Dumb-bit Twofuck.

Offline Rayl

• The Missing Piece
  • Resistance Member
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
Reply #84 on: May 07, 2010, 12:15:44 AM
I did that, but lack of up key made me stop... :(

Similariy i did that and Windows 7 flat out rejected X7, crashing it near instantly XD

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #85 on: May 07, 2010, 12:17:55 AM
Spectro, drop it. Please.

Offline Dantonumanoa Ongdolota Amycronicon

• Unwholesome, unsavory and unintelligible
  • Neo Arcadian
  • o fuk my k/d ratio
    • View Profile
Reply #86 on: May 07, 2010, 12:22:26 AM
Spectro, drop it. Please.
I'd hate to leave someone be, thinking that they're somehow rational when arguing with OPINIONS, but I guess I'll just have to remember what Taiyo said about how people will hate anything.

I put on my [twin slasher] face.

I also go by Spectro D., Idylleaus, Malabar, and Dumb-bit Twofuck.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #87 on: May 07, 2010, 12:30:32 AM
One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Reminds me of the time when someone mentioned E.T., they go berserk for nothing. It's Atari, back then all ya had to do was top your city's best score. It was nothing more than a time attack for high scores, peel off the E.T. branding, and you got yourself a nice little game.

Then again, it's notorious for being the first failed movie-based title, which years later many games after it fell for the "E.T. curse".

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #88 on: May 07, 2010, 12:39:35 AM
First off, it was EXE that set him off. And secondly, I had the... misfortune to "play" that E.T. game. I put play in quotations, because that is stretching the term. You fall in a random hole looking for phone parts, and then slowly... slowly... ssssllllloooowwwwwlllllyyyy move E.T.'s head up, down, up, down, so he levitates out of the hole. If you do manage to get out of the hole without throwing a cinder block at the game, then you'll need to fall into another hole to keep looking for phone parts. And very few of the holes have phone parts. It's horrible, atrocious, and basically a disgrace to the name of video games.

Have you "played" it, Gaia?

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #89 on: May 07, 2010, 12:51:04 AM
It was EXE that set him off then? Hmm.. must've thought of "that other guy".  -_-

Well, again, it's Atari. Of course it was bad, I've only seen videos of ET, it looked like the miscarrage of Nightmare of Elm. Street on Atari, and with soo much hate, at least it could be forgiven for the fact it was..

1. It's. Atari. The system wasn't powerful enough to bring that game to a certain potential, or they could have at LEAST held it off into the NES era, plus the infamous burial of video games (AKA "The Video Game Crash"), wasn't done in by ET alone, it had assistance from other bad movie-based titles, plus those "erotic" video games they had.

2. This is the "Games everybody dislikes, that you like" topic, I doubt anyone from this gen has an Atari 2800 (or an Atari EMU for that matter), but I know a few guys that have an Atari from the old days of gaming. Then again, it would've shown SO much more potential during development by re-working the script a little, removed the branding, and call it something else.

Yeah, I know there are several decent company-licensed titles out there, but certain games get a LITTLE too much hate, so it's forgivable. SUPERMAN 64 HOWEVER.. don't touch that one.

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #90 on: May 07, 2010, 12:52:53 AM
There was never an Atari 2800 to my knowledge... I think it was the 2600, the 5200, and I think the 7800...

And it wouldn't show any more promise. Like I said, it is basically unplayable. Watching gameplay and ACTUALLY playing it are two different things.

Trust me on this.

And I had both a 2600 and an emulator for it.

Also, regarding the crash, it wasn't the burial. It was how no games had endings, so you played the same levels over and over until the killscreen or the game crashed. Or you died. The consumers weren't too happy about this; every game was a remake of a remake, basically. Sales plummeted and the industry died. A couple of years later, Nintendo released the Nintendo Entertainment System. They'd had some experience with arcade games such as Donkey Kong and handheld standalones in the form of Game & Watches. They made sure to name the console the Entertainment System and call the games Game Paks to separate them from leftover bad feelings from the crash. This is also why R.O.B. was packaged with the system.

They wouldn't have held off on it; why play a game based on a 3-year-old movie. The Atari wasn't powerful enough to do anything like that, except the basic games it had and, yes, unfortunately the erotica on it as well. Such as the infamous Custer's Revenge. The game wouldn't have been good anyways; they were given very little time and resources to make it, and that's why it came out so crappy. Stop defending it.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #91 on: May 07, 2010, 12:55:43 AM
I know the game's unplayable, it's bad, everyone knows that. Now, if I could find an Atari emu..  -_-

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #92 on: May 07, 2010, 12:58:59 AM
Look up both Stella and my post; I added more to it.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #93 on: May 07, 2010, 01:04:44 AM
Well, that's a good point, I guess I'm one of those gamers where curiosity gets the better of ya (and a slightly unusal taste of games too).

BTW, does Treasure's GBA sequels to respectively Guardian Heroes and Gunstar Heroes count?

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #94 on: May 07, 2010, 01:07:50 AM
I don't believe he's defending it. E.T. was more of the killing blow, everything, yes Mirby, a remake of a remake.  Almost everything on the market was sold to people who couldn't understand the fun in video games so most of the products on there were crap. It was like this until people realized, "Hey this isn't fun". Then Nintendo went and rebuilt everything back, even had a seal. But now things are just like before, everyone is pouring in on crap games as even Microsoft and Sony give in to it. That seal meant something, now it's nothing.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #95 on: May 07, 2010, 01:10:28 AM
I don't believe he's defending it. E.T. was more of the killing blow, everything, yes Mirby, a remake of a remake.  Almost everything on the market was sold to people who couldn't understand the fun in video games so most of the products on there were crap. It was like this until people realized, "Hey this isn't fun". Then Nintendo went and rebuilt everything back, even had a seal. But now things are just like before, everyone is pouring in on crap games as even Microsoft and Sony give in to it. That seal meant something, now it's nothing.

It's why we have freeware games, and if I recall correctly, Video Games were to escape from reality like books, right? Everything just went down the shitter (naturally) after ET. Now that we rediscovered those games everything's hitting the fan.. again.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #96 on: May 07, 2010, 01:12:33 AM
Except technology has been advancing over the last 25 years. For the 10 or so years of that era, technology advanced, but not really... That's why the industry crashed in.. I wanna say '83.

The Gunstar games rock, Gaia.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #97 on: May 07, 2010, 01:14:04 AM
Yeah, the Gunstar games were great, so was GH.

I wanna say that some things are better left forgotten 'tho.

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #98 on: May 07, 2010, 01:16:06 AM
Except technology has been advancing over the last 25 years. For the 10 or so years of that era, technology advanced, but not really... That's why the industry crashed in.. I wanna say '83.

The Gunstar games rock, Gaia.
Yes, we got more buttons and more complex stories, but along with that we got much more ass games. I'm sure it started around the GBA.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #99 on: May 07, 2010, 01:17:28 AM
STARTROPICS 3! COME ON NINTY!

Actually I'm surprised there is no fan game of this yet. The games were simple enough to at least copy 2's engine let alone make additions.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)