Yugioh 5 D's

Flame · 94429

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #375 on: April 14, 2010, 06:28:36 PM
Since I haven't watched 5DS, is Stardust Dragon as insane in the show as the actual card itself is?

given its the show- probably more. what does the real card do?

There is no difference in effects between the anime Stardust Dragon and the OCG/TCG Stardust Dragon.

Starting the series.

In what episode does Kallen show up in?

She debuts as the Black Rose Witch in Episode 14, but doesn't appear as Aki until 16.

Offline Rock Bomb

• Worst Example of a
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #376 on: April 14, 2010, 07:51:12 PM
Megaupload's [Tornado Fang]ing up the downloads, and I can't get the RAWs.  X(

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #377 on: April 14, 2010, 08:32:00 PM
Megaupload's [Tornado Fang]ing up the downloads, and I can't get the RAWs.  X(
Use JDownloader.
Google it.

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #378 on: April 15, 2010, 09:14:01 AM
There is no difference in effects between the anime Stardust Dragon and the OCG/TCG Stardust Dragon.

She debuts as the Black Rose Witch in Episode 14, but doesn't appear as Aki until 16.

Ah, thanks.

*skips the 1st 15 eps*

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #379 on: April 15, 2010, 02:16:33 PM
Ah, thanks.

*skips the 1st 15 eps*
You're just kidding... right?
RIGHT?!

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #380 on: April 15, 2010, 03:23:23 PM
Ah, thanks.

*skips the 1st 15 eps*

You don't really want to watch this, do you? You just wanna see Aki for the lulz since the has similiar looks to Kallen, right? Because there's actually a lot going on during the first episodes.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #381 on: May 09, 2010, 09:25:41 AM
The fist two story arcs, are the BEST two so far, since the third here is REALLY dragging out.

Posted on: April 15, 2010, 08:33:55 AM
Hmm. Sound duel 2 really disappoints me. It completely neglects the most moving piece of music (IMO) which is played at the end of Ep 59, when Jack and Carly's duel concludes. When jack is about to activate Shock wave. Really, SD 2? Really? Thats the one track that honestly made that scene almost move me to tears.

Also I think its missing something that plays during the Kiryu battle, but I cant remember.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #382 on: May 09, 2010, 04:39:09 PM
What the guys above me said. I practically stopped watching it after the dark signer saga.

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #383 on: May 10, 2010, 12:33:00 PM
Its not too interesting either. I remember they made such a big deal out of ghost, and the accel synchro, and yet dropped it like a hot potato for the tourney.

Posted on: May 10, 2010, 09:24:03
EDIT: well, ive started back up around 105. Crow is [tornado fang]ing awesome, dodging that hook like that. FINALLY something interesting. cards that make you crash. "Darkness cards"? interesting. Jack is still so high and mighty. "Why did I save you? HMPH! Its obvious! You dont even deserve to die!"

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline TheOnly

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #384 on: May 10, 2010, 06:55:39 PM
That's funny, after 105 I stoped since the duels were not as edge hitting like the duel with team unicorn.

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #385 on: May 11, 2010, 12:34:14 AM
That's funny, after 105 I stoped since the duels were not as edge hitting like the duel with team unicorn.
and Ironically, Its the opposite for me. I found the team unicorn duels rather dull and boring, and the ones now, against the Diabolo and Placido, to be quite cooler.
[spoiler]
Bruno finally became awesome, and did his henshin into Dark Glass. I cant believe I didnt connect the two before. They both have the same eyes. His Synchro summon chants are also pretty awesome. Being the machine he is, they are like, system checks or something.

Placido is a transformer. 8D and his transformation is, honestly, pretty ridiculous. he FUSED with his D-Wheel. Nice. but it LOOKS retarded XD anyway, Yusei failed his Accel Synchro, no doubt because Placido's words made him doubt himself, and now hes in for a woooorld of hurt. Placido also controls lightning, and is plunging the city into darkness, killing all electronics, (including Carly's camera) and shattering glass. Im interested in how this will play out. [/spoiler]
IMO, season 3 here is FINALLY picking up. I must admit, Battle royal mode was pretty cool. Jack bursting in on the match, interrupting the Ghost riding roid, was even even cooler. But then again... Its Jack. hes always awesome.

Archer

Reply #386 on: May 11, 2010, 12:36:28 AM
who watches yugioh for the cardgame

seriously

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #387 on: May 11, 2010, 12:38:45 AM
who watches yugioh for the cardgame

seriously
I watch it for the story... Which includes the cardgame... Does that count..? I mean, if the card gme is boring, the episode is boring. I WANT IMPROBABLE ODDS! CHARACTERS PULLING WINNING CARDS OUT OF THEIR ASSES AND CHEATING WITH MIRACLE CARDS THAT SUDDENLY APPEAR IN THEIR DECKS!

seriously, nobody ever happens to have  a bad hand.

Archer

Reply #388 on: May 11, 2010, 12:42:35 AM
seriously, nobody ever happens to have  a bad hand.
it's because they believe in the heart of the cards

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #389 on: May 11, 2010, 12:53:51 AM
it's because they believe in the heart of the cards
boy am I glad that was dropped.

Speaking of which, is that ever actually said in the Japanese Yugioh? Or was that a 4shits addition?

Offline borockman

• Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #390 on: May 11, 2010, 01:47:32 AM
So.... is the arc after Dark signer saga worth watching or not? I don't want to waste my bandwidth.  :P

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #391 on: May 11, 2010, 02:04:41 AM
So.... is the arc after Dark signer saga worth watching or not? I don't want to waste my bandwidth.  :P
Well, it has its ups and downs. It goes from very interesting segment, to very boring Segment. Id say watch it though. theres nothing that can quite parallel Jack completely DISINTEGRATING  his own doppelganger. I mean seriously, that duel rocked socks. When was the last time a main character completely erased his enemy? jesus, dark Jack there was pretty beasty himself, summoning 3 Red demons dragons in one turn.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dawQ1NF9fQU[/youtube]

In any case, id say watch it. the good moments are very well worth the boring ones. or you could "skim" the boring ones. (fast forward to key moments)

Offline borockman

• Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #392 on: May 11, 2010, 03:40:24 AM
Ah well, that means I've got like 40+ episodes to watch.  -_-

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #393 on: May 11, 2010, 04:54:45 AM
Ah well, that means I've got like 40+ episodes to watch.  -_-
hey its not that bad! at least you wont have to wait on those cliffhangers!

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #394 on: May 11, 2010, 12:10:04 PM
Speaking of which, is that ever actually said in the Japanese Yugioh? Or was that a 4shits addition?

It was mentioned like 2 or 3 times in the very beginning of Duel Monsters, I believe up the duel between Yugi and the fake Kaiba. That duel was I believe the only time (in the Japanese version) that Kaiba sort of acknowledged something like the Heart of the Cards, or rather, he was wondering if it could be possible (his BEWD's attack simply vanished when Yugi was on the brink of being defeated and Yugi thought he heard Kaiba's voice cry out to him).

The original basic meaning of the term was meant in the way that cards had a soul, which was pretty much resolved when you learned that cards like Black Magician, Black Magician Girl and Blue Eyes White Dragon were based on a fusion of one's Ba and Ka.

In a nutshell, the term does exist in the original Japanese version, but 4Kids just milked the [parasitic bomb] out of it from start to finish, while in the original, the term itself is only used a sparse number of times. It's what they always do, they take a look at like the first 2-3 episodes and based on what they've seen and heard, they base their entire dub concept on, hence Kaiba, Ryo and Jack being total dicks in the dub despite more being antiheroes. 4Kids turned Heart of the Cards into some bullshit reasoning for major characters having incredible draw luck at the right moment.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #395 on: May 11, 2010, 12:44:07 PM
hence Kaiba, Ryo and Jack being total dicks in the dub despite more being antiheroes.

Don't forget MANJOUME THUNDER!
lol Chazz Dicktone.

Okay, I have a question. Is there any place that has available higher resolution drawings from "Studio Dice" website? Because they are [tornado fang]ing awesome, especially the GX ones.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #396 on: May 11, 2010, 07:38:36 PM
It was mentioned like 2 or 3 times in the very beginning of Duel Monsters, I believe up the duel between Yugi and the fake Kaiba. That duel was I believe the only time (in the Japanese version) that Kaiba sort of acknowledged something like the Heart of the Cards, or rather, he was wondering if it could be possible (his BEWD's attack simply vanished when Yugi was on the brink of being defeated and Yugi thought he heard Kaiba's voice cry out to him).

The original basic meaning of the term was meant in the way that cards had a soul, which was pretty much resolved when you learned that cards like Black Magician, Black Magician Girl and Blue Eyes White Dragon were based on a fusion of one's Ba and Ka.

In a nutshell, the term does exist in the original Japanese version, but 4Kids just milked the [parasitic bomb] out of it from start to finish, while in the original, the term itself is only used a sparse number of times. It's what they always do, they take a look at like the first 2-3 episodes and based on what they've seen and heard, they base their entire dub concept on, hence Kaiba, Ryo and Jack being total dicks in the dub despite more being antiheroes. 4Kids turned Heart of the Cards into some bullshit reasoning for major characters having incredible draw luck at the right moment.
Well, browsing up on the Jap. Yugioh, "Shadow Realm" was never even EVER said in Yugioh, but explicitly CREATED by 4kids to censor death.
Or at least, it was never actually NAMED.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #397 on: May 12, 2010, 02:14:38 AM
Kaiba was a lot more calmer in the Japanese version and Marik didin't want to control the world, just free himself from the Pharoah.

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #398 on: May 12, 2010, 12:13:41 PM
Well, browsing up on the Jap. Yugioh, "Shadow Realm" was never even EVER said in Yugioh, but explicitly CREATED by 4kids to censor death.
Or at least, it was never actually NAMED.

Well, what does exist in the Japanese version are the Shadow Duels (Yami no Duel) and usually, those who lose die in this wierd other dimension the duel takes place in (like in 5D's, where actual damage is involved during the duels, see Dark Signers, Infinity Trio).

Offline TheOnly

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #399 on: May 12, 2010, 07:16:15 PM
I find it funny that they try to censor stuff like death when kids now in days see stuff far worse, all they need is a nify laptop, a good internet connection, and YouTube, and BAM! You hit the gold mine.

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.