Official Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread - Specs, Tech, Price? It's all here!

Emiri Landeel · 261473

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Also not sure if you're aware of this but the more you restore Norende Village, the more items you can buy from the Adventurer you find in dungeons.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
No I was aware of that, it's kind of obvious.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Well I'm kinda dense sometimes. Still pretty cool.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
The thing I hate about the demo is that there are 30 [tornado fang]ing USES. It promises "hours of content not found in the full game", and then they limit you on the times you can play it?

I mean, I know all the other 3DS demos have use limits, as well, but for this one in particular, it's really inconvenient.

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
The thing I hate about the demo is that there are 30 [tornado fang]ing USES. It promises "hours of content not found in the full game", and then they limit you on the times you can play it?

I mean, I know all the other 3DS demos have use limits, as well, but for this one in particular, it's really inconvenient.

Is it timed? Can you just leave it running?

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Well, no. It's not timed.

However, whenever I want to play another game, I'd have to exit the demo, which wastes a use.

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Well, no. It's not timed.

However, whenever I want to play another game, I'd have to exit the demo, which wastes a use.

Then don't play other games? Back in my day there were times when we left the SNES on for at least a day because there was no save point in a dungeon. Sure, we could turn it off and play another game, but then you'd never finish the dungeon. That, or wait until the weekend and hope our parents didn't have a penchant for your presence that weekend.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
This game made me realize there was a limit to how many games can utilize streetpass.

I'm amazed, why would there need to be a [tornado fang]ing limit? Is there a technical reason or not?

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Memory is never infinite, is the only thing that comes to mind...  Time is also of the essence in the case of Street Pass.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Then don't play other games? Back in my day there were times when we left the SNES on for at least a day because there was no save point in a dungeon. Sure, we could turn it off and play another game, but then you'd never finish the dungeon. That, or wait until the weekend and hope our parents didn't have a penchant for your presence that weekend.

That doesn't change the fact that it's a large inconvenience.

It's stupid to put every single other game on hold for a demo. A restriction of this level makes no sense.

Especially for something like this, which you're expected to invest a lot of time in. I'm not going to keep my 3DS in Sleep Mode for several weeks.

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
That doesn't change the fact that it's a large inconvenience.

It's stupid to put every single other game on hold for a demo. A restriction of this level makes no sense.

Especially for something like this, which you're expected to invest a lot of time in. I'm not going to keep my 3DS in Sleep Mode for several weeks.

It's a demo. If you don't want to be inconvenienced, buy the game.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
It's a demo. If you don't want to be inconvenienced, buy the game.
First you can't right now and second the thing is a side story of the game not just a demo.  You can't get this in the game.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdGtuzqAzt4[/youtube]

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Honestly I don't mind keeping it running. I have other games to play on other systems if I want to, and I'm also on the net a lot. But yeah, limiting the uses is kinda dumb.

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
First you can't right now and second the thing is a side story of the game not just a demo.  You can't get this in the game.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdGtuzqAzt4[/youtube]

I guess you might want to put more effort into not wasting your playtime, then.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
If the demo content is exclusive, then it is senseless to limit it, especially by number of startups.

They're taking the standard demo treatment and blindly applying it where it is not called for.  It's negligence, plain and simple.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Nintendo, being negligent with their online distribution?!  Perish the thought.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwUOoXX5fDY#t=117[/youtube]

Yet another brown shooter game, but at least it does a good job of showing what the 3DS is capable of.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
I finished the Bravely Default Demo and got all the item packs.  Overall I liked it and I want to play the full version.  I also wanted to note a few things, though I'm not sure if this would change when the full version is released. 

If you can for any fighter, especially a mage character, Master Performer to max, for the love of god.  It's final ability is amazing.

Jump saves your ass during boss battles and it's really powerful too, especially with the Performer's final ability.

I recommend that any warrior should master the Red Mage class to max for the sake of tough random battles. 

Dual Wielding isn't as broken as other games but it's okay and still is pretty helpful in random battles.  Two handed actually seems more useful in boss battles.   

For a Mage I recommend mastering both White and Black Magic for their abilities, they both are pretty good.

That's all I got for now. 

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
I finished the Bravely Default Demo and got all the item packs.  Overall I liked it and I want to play the full version.  I also wanted to note a few things, though I'm not sure if this would change when the full version is released. 

If you can for any fighter, especially a mage character, Master Performer to max, for the love of god.  It's final ability is amazing.

Jump saves your ass during boss battles and it's really powerful too, especially with the Performer's final ability.

I recommend that any warrior should master the Red Mage class to max for the sake of tough random battles. 

Dual Wielding isn't as broken as other games but it's okay and still is pretty helpful in random battles.  Two handed actually seems more useful in boss battles.   

For a Mage I recommend mastering both White and Black Magic for their abilities, they both are pretty good.

That's all I got for now. 

By "broken", do you mean it's overpowered? And by "other games" do you mean Soma Body? Or other games?

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
By "broken", do you mean it's overpowered? And by "other games" do you mean Soma Body? Or other games?
Yes I meant over powered and I meant old school Final Fantasy games, like 1-6.  After this game was made by Square and might as well be a love letter to Final Fantasy 1, 3, and 5.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Well considering demo max job level is 4 and full game max job level is 11, I'm guessing the final ability for Performer in the demo isn't actually the final ability.

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Yes I meant over powered and I meant old school Final Fantasy games, like 1-6.  After this game was made by Square and might as well be a love letter to Final Fantasy 1, 3, and 5.

Oh yeah, I always found myself just equipping two swords instead of using a shield in 2 and 3. I forget if 1 had dual wielding weapons. Same thing with SotN. I usually had a short sword and a dagger/fist for strong/quick.

PS: This is a sequel or spiritual successor to a love letter to FF I-V. Look up Soma Body. Hopefully it's more like III than V. I hate active battle systems in non-action RPGs. I love Secret of Mana, and Grandia, but if time flows freely, [sonic slicer], I ain't got time for no menus.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Well considering demo max job level is 4 and full game max job level is 11, I'm guessing the final ability for Performer in the demo isn't actually the final ability.
Yeah you got a point, which is good because I was sort of disappointed with the Ninja and Swordmaster job class.  Well just get Performer up to the point you get Buff Up.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
From what I've heard, Ninja and Swordmaster are so much better later on.

Also, there's the fact that there's a lot more jobs than just those shown in the demo, so yeah.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Nintendo Direct is on.

Kirby Triple Deluxe comes on May 2nd.

Yoshi's New Island is being shown as well, looks better than first impressions and has some new stuff as well. March 14th, so pretty soon.

Its now completely [tornado fang]ing unwatchable because they keep [tornado fang]ing buffering.

Some Mario Golf stuff shown off, I'm curious if the Castle Club mode is like an RPG style thing or if its not. Its already not as good as the GBC game because of no original characters instead relying on Miis, but its also May 2nd.

Steel Diver is getting a Free-To-Play version as it was rumored long ago. Still doesn't look very fun. Its out today.

Some Baseball game thing with lots of DLC stuff, the DLC can have its price lowered through the game by haggling. I think this was something rumored too, coming in April.

Another Pokemon Trozei. This was popular enough for a sequel? Oh what am I kidding its [tornado fang]ing pokemon. March 20th.

Holy [tornado fang] they're bringing Inazuma Eleven to the US after so [tornado fang]ing long, amazing. Out today as well, I take it Digital-Only.