Is Megaman still a robot or what?

Waifu · 7679

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
on: February 07, 2010, 05:55:59 AM
I am sure this question had been asked before but is Rockman Volnutt still a robot? I know that in MML2 they tell the story of how the Megamen included have the ability to turn themselves into Carbon based lifeforms but when we see volnutt, he still looks like a robot and he can upgrade his "buster" into other weapons. So is volnutt still a robot or is he simply wearing a robotic suit?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 06:29:56 AM
Its a suit I believe. Wouldnt make him any less robotic, but it's a suit.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 06:37:53 AM
I'd like to think he's bionic to some extent.  Given the way his weapons look, it's pretty safe to say that he has some detachable parts.  Other examples include Tiesel's eyes and Joe's arm.

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline Fragman

• Made of Metal
  • Robot Master
  • My heart is made of metal
    • View Profile
    • AntiBunny
Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 09:22:24 AM
Well they did say that they found him as a child, but you also see cyborgs walking around in this time period, so it could be somewhere in between.  Personally I take ZX as an indicator that he's a robot so advanced that the line between robot and human doesn't exist anymore. 

AntiBunny

Offline Sub Tank

• Neo Arcadian
  • PHOTOBUCKET EXPIRED
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 10:43:24 AM
Megaman Volnutt is some sort of artificial human.

I think the real question here is if Bon Bonne is actually a robot baby, or if he's a baby piloting a robot body.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 03:16:47 PM
No, the real question is if Tron has a bionic...
Nevermind.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #6 on: February 08, 2010, 03:57:17 AM
I know that in MML2 they tell the story of how the Megamen included have the ability to turn themselves into Carbon based lifeforms
...what in the blue hell are you talking about?  The only other character with the title "MegaMan" in the Legends series is Juno, from L1, and neither he nor Trigger are seen to transform (although Juno plugs himself into a second body, his actual form does not change).

I'm guessing I'd better start from the beginning here.  "Carbons" in Legends is what the people of Elysium call the people of Terra (Earth).  The entire population of the planet was in fact artificially created, they themselves just don't know it.  Trigger is not a Carbon but is similar enough to them that he passes for one, to the point where neither he nor his adopted family notice anything odd beyond his understanding ancient languages (which he takes notice of in L1 upon opening the Main Gate).  He was found as a baby by Barrel, and he is seen in L2's opening wearing normal clothes, so yes the armor is just armor.

Trigger is one of Elysium's people, more specifically a Purifier Unit (their equivalent to a Maverick Hunter).  In asking whether or not Trigger is a robot, you kind of need to define the term "robot", since the last known "true human" (according to Sera) is the Master whom Trigger previously served, and he died long before Trigger was "reset", sealed, and found by Barrel.  Humanity in Legends is extinct.  Trigger is artificial, but is no more so than anyone else in the series.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: February 08, 2010, 05:15:07 PM
So there are no real "humans" in a technical sense as everyone is artifically created? 

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #8 on: February 08, 2010, 05:49:35 PM
Megaman Volnutt is some sort of artificial human.

I think the real question here is if Bon Bonne is actually a robot baby, or if he's a baby piloting a robot body.

To me, he's the "literal big baby" (remember Baby Head from Capt. Commando?) in a robot suit of the family. DASH is so full of mysteries.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.