Was Neo Arcadia a communist dictatorship?

Align · 10830

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
on: October 17, 2009, 04:50:55 PM
A human utopia ruled by X is about as descriptive as it got. Did humans do any work at all or was it all reploid-made?
The people in Z4 certainly weren't devolved slouches, so presumably they got up to more than partying 24/7.

More importantly, was there a currency of some sort (EC?) or did everyone get an equal share of food and furniture/etc given to them? If there was a currency, then that surely means there were companies. Which means adverts.

So if Zero had been in the city proper rather than government and military areas, would he had seen floating neon signs proclaiming Arcadian Buzz as the best drink you could buy?

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 05:02:54 PM
Neige was a journalist and Ciel was a scientist, you don't think that's work?

Likewise, André mentioned humans still go to school.

More importantly, was there a currency of some sort (EC?)

Zenny. The most stable currency to ever exist.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 05:33:40 PM
Ciel was geneered for government purposes, wasn't she? But others, yeah.
Probably reploids do the more physical, menial work.

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 09:36:15 PM
It's fascist for the robots.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 09:51:58 PM
You sure it was communistic? I couldn't see any signs of communism.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 18, 2009, 09:57:55 PM
Neo Arcadia is nothing like  communistic ...and I should know it since I live in a land that was communistic...

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 18, 2009, 09:59:48 PM
It seemed Monarchist, but not communist. It was the Reploids though, who got the short end of the stick, as Keno said.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 19, 2009, 12:42:43 AM
I always thought of Neo Arcadia as sort of like "The Second Renaissance" from The Animatrix in terms of what kind of social standpoint Repliroids had in society. They were used as the major workforce for all the heavy labors like construction, cleaning and all the "uncomfortable" things, but humans did still work normally. Yet there's the thing from Vile's Incident which notes that children for the first time of their lives experiences rainfall or sunburns, that kinda sounds like they never really had to bother about anything since they were being taken care of by the state. Plus, other than Ciel, you never really heard of any human complaining about how Repliroids were being treated by Neo Arcadia, so they must have been pretty comfortable with the situation, or were just downright oblivious of the injust actions the Neo Arcadian government put Repliroids through. Ignorance is bliss they say. It's interesting how they think of X as their guardian angel while his own kind is literally treated as third-class citizens just to guarantee mankind's life standard is not affected by the upcoming energy crisis.

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 19, 2009, 04:05:31 PM
X has always cared more for humans than robots.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: October 22, 2009, 06:26:26 PM
X has always cared more for humans than robots.

No, X cares equally for both humans and Repliroids.

Copy-X is a wholly different matter.

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: October 22, 2009, 08:10:57 PM
He never once fought against humans, but despite all his complaining always manages to be OK with fighting reploids. Everybody sees it. The villains all mock him for it.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: October 22, 2009, 08:25:08 PM
That is false. Your claim has no basis because the humans are neither brave nor foolish enough to try and fight against Repliroids, let alone become antagonistic toward the Hunters. X's response toward a human in direct combat is therefore a hypothetical scenario we cannot confirm.

Furthermore, it is a stated fact that X cares equally for both robots and humans. The only way humans are favored is in the social stigma of irregularity, that is, the fear of being branded an irregular and the paranoia that comes with the presence of the virus.

What is comes down to is that X is biased toward neither humans nor Repliroids, he's only biased toward evil.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: October 22, 2009, 08:26:54 PM
And he is capable fighting against a human....Dr. Vile...altough I am not sure if he would fight against him the same way as Zero, who had no regrets fighting a human....

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: October 22, 2009, 09:05:24 PM
He's never once cared that much about the misuse of the term Maverick. Sure, he had some polite things to say in X6, but I don't think he really cared. He's a shoot first cry about it later kind of guy, but I think he fakes it.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: October 23, 2009, 02:36:34 AM
The fact that he isnt biased towards any one side is the REASON he is such a wimp. He is doomed to worry constantly about both sides, and never favor one single side.
He's never once cared that much about the misuse of the term Maverick. Sure, he had some polite things to say in X6, but I don't think he really cared. He's a shoot first cry about it later kind of guy, but I think he fakes it.
It is his duty to defeat evil, whether he likes it or not, it has to be done. otherwise, Sigma would get away with killing humanity. The same way, X fought against Weil because if he didnt, then he'd get away with killing off EVERYBODY. Especially reploids.

Plus, X's personality shifts between complaining, and deciding it has to be done. X1-3 we dont really see him complain much. and in MHX he just hesitates. But eventually overcomes that. in the later games like X4-7, he goes from complaining and pleading with his enemies, to outright quitting. only realizing afterward, that only he can really stop it all.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: October 23, 2009, 07:31:56 AM
Every single villain is like "Maybe we're not Maverick" & X is like "Nuh-uh the humans say you are."

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: October 23, 2009, 02:12:50 PM
No, X's response to that is the well known fact that his adversaries are all killing millions of innocents and still declare that they're not irregular.

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: October 23, 2009, 07:14:03 PM
Epsilon wasn't really killing innocents. His was a political thing. Repliforce was a self-defense case. The Nightmare Investigators weren't even doing anything wrong.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: October 23, 2009, 07:29:00 PM
You mean those people who hijacked a working satellite cannon, those that aimed a mind altering nuke at the world and those that infected the world population with tentacle creatures?

Also, none of them listened and just attacked X.

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: October 23, 2009, 07:40:48 PM
He was in their house. In Texas that's legal.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: November 05, 2009, 12:02:47 AM
A house they built illegally in the first place.

plus, we aint in Texas anymore. And not even Zero's ruby red boots can take us there.

X also, in almost every game he talks in, complains "I dont want to fight you!" and tries to reason with them, but like Zan said, they attack him. also, on the Investigators on 6, they were revived illegaly in the first place, and they were aiding in spreading a deadly tentacle virus, out of mostly blind loyalty to Gate. They are still criminals, even if they are good at heart. (Turtloid and Sheldon are prime candidates for this.)

Offline SoloUnit315

• Net Navi
  • M-308 Gun Master
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: November 05, 2009, 03:33:15 AM
I can say and know for a fact that X is unbiased based on the fact that it's thoroughly expressed in his bio and throughout the series. X is a fictional character with a fictional bio that's word is law in his fictional world. Sorry to, in a way, break the fourth wall on this but you can't logically think he's faking unbiase when his intended personality is unbiase. Besides there's a difference between a puny human causing trouble and a machine with vastly more powerful weapons promoting fear induced chaos

Sometimes being the bigger man means holding the bigger weapon!

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: November 05, 2009, 03:53:54 AM
X also, in almost every game he talks in, complains "I dont want to fight you!" and tries to reason with them, but like Zan said, they attack him. also, on the Investigators on 6, they were revived illegaly in the first place, and they were aiding in spreading a deadly tentacle virus, out of mostly blind loyalty to Gate. They are still criminals, even if they are good at heart. (Turtloid and Sheldon are prime candidates for this.)
Gate was the only one who opposed their disposal.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: November 05, 2009, 07:14:30 AM
And your point is?

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: November 05, 2009, 09:43:37 PM
What would you do in that situation? Go with Gate, who tried to save your life the first time & has now given you a second chance, or go "Thanks a lot Gate but I'm sure those guys won't be too mean to me this time around"?