I might actually try this!

Archer

Reply #26 on: December 12, 2009, 07:02:11 AM

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: December 12, 2009, 09:50:10 PM
I remember seeing another Fate/Extra figurine around some site, aaaah weeeeeelll, I do not want this, possibly.

Archer

Reply #28 on: December 17, 2009, 05:02:36 AM

It just says you'll be able to choose between 3 Servants, but it doesn't say whether that's at the start and you're stuck with your choice, whether you eventually get a Party (which makes no sense without a lot of Masters dying or allying with you OTHER then Rin/Shinji), or whether its something else entirely.

Red!Seiba is voiced by Sakura Tange (Cardcaptor Sakura Kinomoto) and not Kawasumi Ayako.

New characters (Masters?) Leo B. Harway and something-moto Sensei.

Also, a definite split between the "real world" and days at school and "the Matrix" (yes, that's what it says), some sort of virtual/alternate world that looks very Tron-esque. Something about Serial Phantasms (and a word that looks like it might be an abbreviation for them SE.RA.PHIM (although the end could be PHANTASM, but it's cut off the scan.

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: December 17, 2009, 05:04:39 AM
There is this little tiny bug in my head saying "Persoooonaaaaaaa"

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: December 17, 2009, 09:25:25 PM
Ayako Kawasumi isn't voicing Saber?

Fail.

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: December 17, 2009, 09:45:26 PM
Ayako Kawasumi isn't voicing Saber?

Fail.

All the more proof that exhibitionist whore isn't Saber.

Archer

Reply #32 on: December 20, 2009, 05:34:33 AM
Random points from the scans:
"Majutsushi" is this time translated as wizard and not magus anymore.
"Electronic imaginary world, also called Serial Phantasm, or SE.RA.PH for short" is the place where the war takes place. The wizards have their soul turned into electronic form and transfered there to meet the Servants.
The war is rather told about as a "tournament", the defeated wizards have their existence erased from Seraph, so it's a death only in the Seraph.
the Matrix is only the intelligence network, the information center about Servants and wizards, updated as events happen. Whoever controls the matrix, controls the Grail.
the female Servant, Shinji's Servant with red hair, is... "Archer (?)". What does that make Emiya...?

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: December 24, 2009, 05:23:21 PM

*bangs head against wall repeatedly*

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: December 24, 2009, 05:39:55 PM
Hehe, not Shirou...
UNLESS THAT'S GENDERBENDED SHIROU!

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: December 24, 2009, 08:25:22 PM

*bangs head against wall repeatedly*
Jesus Christ, those are some impractical sleeves.
Heh.

Archer

Reply #36 on: January 23, 2010, 04:33:23 AM
lol guys guess what

Shinji being 8 isn't an error.

Offline Harruhy

• OOGLE BOOGLE
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: January 23, 2010, 04:57:10 AM
Hurr.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: January 25, 2010, 02:10:24 AM
lol guys guess what

Shinji being 8 isn't an error.
*mind blown*

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Archer

Reply #39 on: April 29, 2010, 01:23:32 AM

HOLY [parasitic bomb] IS THAT AOKO AND TOUKO

Alright, new Fate/Extra info time.

[spoiler][copied from /fate/]

• Biggest news for me personally is the game stars Aozaki Aoko AND Aozaki Touko working together, and apparently in charge of the SE.RA.PH world's Kotomine Church.
  • Huge new Fate/Extra updates. A lot of it is leaked stuff we already knew, like the state of the world being run by huge zaibatsus and kept behind the times, alternate Fate AU history, Rin being in Le' resistance, Atlas, etc.
  • Lots of new videos of the characters finally talking, gameplay, interacting. Its really weird hearing Tange Sakura do Seiba. Or Archer delivering the "I ask, are you my Master" line. Everyone else sounds mostly the same though, same for the newcomers like Pirate!Rider of course. Who seems to get along surprisingly really well with Shinji. Who's confirmed for douchebag again, making me wonder how you can possibly join forces with him. He seems to be some sort of Matrix super-hacker, possibly explaining that he's not actively supposed to be participating. Also, Shinji confirmed for still Sakura's brother, which is REALLY weird given the alternate back history given for the Tohsaka family and Rin, etc. as not Tokiomi's legitimate daughter.
  • Speaking of Rin, it seems she plays more of a Morpheus to the main character's Neo role, not as a student in the school, but popping up here and there out of nowhere to help and guide you inlearning your world is fake, the Grail stuff, etc. And it also seems she'll die early or get data drained or something. Hearing her ordering Lancer around and them getting along is pretty awesome, as is the MC/Archer-Rin/Lancer team-up. And Rin fighting Archer in one scene for massive damage is funny as well.
  • And that new super spikey spear that Lancer's been using either isn't Gae Bolg (but another Noble Phantasm, like how Zero!Lancer had two), or it now changes shape, as the original makes an appearance and is called by name.
  • Kotomine is still the explanation master, although its weird since two other women are always seen administering important something in his church, so he may just be some sort of Data-construct like some of the other people based on the real-world Magi, etc. that the Moon-Cell used to make SE.RA.PH.
  • New Servant dragon claw Norse guy. Has a huge black sword that's flying off in that screen and after that norse runes (or runes of SOME sort) appear all around him.
  • It turns out the little goth-loli lolis aren't one character, but two. One is a Master and totally human looking, though pale like a ghost, the other, the one who looks exactly the same but with the dolljoints is her Servant, another Caster to your Kitsune!Caster.
  • Pirate!Rider's Noble Phantasm pirate ship. It has a huge golden drill on the front and from the videos it's evident that a part of the story/fighting takes place on and in it. She seems pretty badass.
  • Now this bit is weird. It seems the game's day counter, which counts down, isn't just the time between the fights, but rather that there are weird gaps/deja vu's/data losses surrounding some of the important characters memories/souls, and that they have to find, remember, or justify these gaps or they start to lose it or something. This is shown happening to Shinji in front f Sakura as he freaks the hell out, pretty funny. Something involves invetsiagting the school's "7 mysteries", and other students getting attacked/passing out. Which might just be the work of Kuzuki seen here. Still don't know who his Servant is.
  • Rin gets teh data drained. There's a a couple of different shots in this scene in different posted videos, but it seems like its a major turning point event.
  • Now this is interesting, Rani VIII, whose been coinfirmed as Atlas's representative in all this nonsense and "from the real world" (what is it with Atlas and violet haired, dark skinned, zettai ryouiki girls?), but now it seems she might be something totally different. She announces that she's 'an existence dedicated to obtaining the Holy Grail' and might be a program of some kind.
  • The clip in question shows her gearing up to attack Rin, whose using her duel-fisted kaleidoscope jewel attacks against her, and the enemy is listed as Berserker. Since Rani Eight is continually listed as a Master, it means that she's Berserker's Master, and since Lancer is fighting new Servant Lu BU in one of the videos, he's probab;y Rani's Berserker.
  • Something important seems to happen at the church, it has some weird functionality, And as I said, you never see Kotomine at the church, but this violet haired woman instead. You level up your Servants by 'hacking' their souls and your own, so maybe this is where that happens?
  • The church seems to be administered by the two Aozaki sisters, in their old/younger forms, I.E. Mahou Tsukai no Yoru style Aoko and blue-haired, shorter haired Touko.>>
[/spoiler]

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: April 29, 2010, 02:37:11 AM
I'm really interested in this now.

Here's some trailers of it if you haven't seen it yet.

[youtube]bS9tKjTJe1g[/youtube]

I wonder if this will come over to the US like Fate/unlimited codes did?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 05:14:56 PM by VirusChris »

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Harruhy

• OOGLE BOOGLE
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: April 29, 2010, 05:03:54 AM
Now that I know Aoko is in it, I know this game will be good.
It could have the worst gameplay, the story can get even crappier, etc etc.

But since the best TYPE-MOON character is in it, it'll be good.
I'm expecting at least some rage from one of you.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: May 01, 2010, 04:25:59 AM
When I first entered this thread I was excited thinking it was going to be another Unlimited Codes, but then I find its just a boring snore based rpg.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: May 01, 2010, 06:07:56 PM
We don't really know much about the battle system yet, so give it some time. It looks pretty interesting and unique in its own right.

I would love to try this out if it comes over to the US.

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: May 01, 2010, 07:03:14 PM
I see non-playable looking attacks at dramatic camera angles being done, with damage numbers popping out. Turn based. Or, snore based as I like to call it.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: May 03, 2010, 04:41:47 AM
http://www.figma.jp/products/sp/fig_sp009.html

You know, if the figma is any indication, the weapons have all been dramatically changed. I can't really complain about Saber's... um... saber, I guess.

When was the last time I poked you guys...

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: May 11, 2010, 07:07:01 AM
[youtube]y6-uVDJ_CIc[/youtube]

I think I'm starting to see what the battle system is like. Though this is a guess I think the turn-based battle system works like this:

There's these turn slots (I think there's 8 in the video I have to recheck) and the player/master tells what the servant does in those turns (like setting up a strategy like in SRPG with combos) like Attack, Defend, Special Attack,etc... Also I think it may have a rock-paper-scissor method of battle as well depending on what actions the player tells the servant to do which resulted in the "Evade" action in the first trailer.

I'm not sure but it seems like that or close to it and that's pretty interesting. A different take at turn-based RPGs as it reminds me of Persona a bit and I love those RPGs. I can't wait until this game comes out, I like to try it.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: May 17, 2010, 09:46:02 PM
You know what?

I think I'll get this. Seems interesting and I wanted to try and get into this Typemoon stuff anyway. Let#s just hope this gets a release in a language normal people can understand!

Offline Harruhy

• OOGLE BOOGLE
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: May 17, 2010, 09:47:40 PM
I wanted to try and get into this Typemoon stuff anyway

I'm kinda surprised you haven't already. TYPE-MOON has some pretty rad stuff.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: May 17, 2010, 09:49:09 PM
I'm always lazy when it comes to anime stuff. With videogames I'm much faster.